AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2021-05-28, 19:25   Link #12101
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I am floored that this somehow looks like it might actually happen after all this time. I mean, look at the age of any SEED topic. Look at how long it's been. Dear Lord.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-29, 03:59   Link #12102
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
I can still remember how they reused Freedom's scene for Strike Freedom scene when it was broadcasted.

I wonder if Kira would get a new MS which is superior than Strike Freedom now.
Maybe they'll just introduce striker packs for Strike Freedom.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-29, 09:57   Link #12103
justavisitor

Kira: Why? Why do humans still need to fight after 15 years of peace?
Mysterious Voice: It's because of toy sale!!!

Seriously, if Kira is still the main character (no reason why he will not be) and bites the dust in the movie, it's neither the fault of Zaft, Earth Alliance, Orb, nor whatever new evil faction...it's bandai XD

Part of me is excited for this news, but part of me is thinking, can we leave them alone and let them enjoy the peace they have in their timeline? XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-29, 19:37   Link #12104
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
If this does come to fruition I, for one, will enjoy the necro-ing of every SEED thread here.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-30, 02:55   Link #12105
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I guess it's kind of a given that the protagonists will all get new Gundam's or Mobile Suits for the movie .
Damn, SF didnt even get a single hit from the enemy and its getting a successor unit lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Maybe they'll just introduce striker packs for Strike Freedom.
The Strike → Freedom change was the weirdest MS upgrade in all of Gundam franchise since the successor unit had no relation or resemblance (both appearance and combat-stye wise) to the previous unit used by the pilot. So if SF successor units gets an striker pack (which I dont think would happen) would actually make sense.
Old 2021-05-30, 03:02   Link #12106
iko_uwais

Suddenly having junior high/high school flashback lol. I remembered how much excited I was for the SEED movie, especially with the rather lackluster ending. I'm actually really glad it finally got off the ground. Here's hoping it will be more like SEED than DESTINY.
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-30, 03:29   Link #12107
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
The Strike → Freedom change was the weirdest MS upgrade in all of Gundam franchise since the successor unit had no relation or resemblance (both appearance and combat-stye wise) to the previous unit used by the pilot.
Strike & Fredom are two mostly unrelated mechs after all. One was made by EA/OMNI and the other was made by ZAFT, two very opposing sides.

Talk about "totally different" upgrade, remember Mk-II -> Zeta? Totally different concept of a Mobile Suit.
Old 2021-05-30, 04:50   Link #12108
B214

Quote:
The Strike → Freedom change was the weirdest MS upgrade in all of Gundam franchise since the successor unit had no relation or resemblance (both appearance and combat-stye wise) to the previous unit used by the pilot. So if SF successor units gets an striker pack (which I dont think would happen) would actually make sense.
Seems like a Gundam Seed thing, random MS jumping.

Aegis > Justice > Zaku > Savior > Infinite Justice
CGUE > Dinn > GuAiz > Providence (Probably the most drastic change)
Duel > Zaku > Gouf
Buster > Zaku
Impulse > Destiny
Zaku > Legend
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-30, 07:58   Link #12109
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:

Duel > Zaku > Gouf
Buster > Zaku
Impulse > Destiny
Zaku > Legend
I mean, what is your standard for "random MS jumping" anyway?

If, say, in a certain situation, there's only a Zaku that's available to use, is Athrun not allowed to use it?

And if you count Athrun's Zaku Warrior, you also have to count other MSs that other Gundam characters had to pilot within the limitation of the circumstances (eg. Heero piloting Leo, Trowa piloting Serpent, Kamille piloting Methuss & Amuro piloting a Rick Dias at some point in the story).
Old 2021-05-30, 12:14   Link #12110
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:

Duel > Zaku > Gouf
Buster > Zaku
Impulse > Destiny
Zaku > Legend
That's funny, because Char Aznable 'jumped' more mobile suits than that entire list combined. It is certainly not a SEED thing, not even close.

As for a SEED movie? Why? The series ended on a good note. Don't ruin the party.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-30, 12:36   Link #12111
Frontier

I guess this is a chance to "redeem" Shinn anime-wise. I'd kind of like to see an upgraded Destiny Gundam .

Oh yeah, The Suzumura's are probably going to star in a movie together again and as a legit couple. That's hilarious .
Old 2021-05-30, 13:03   Link #12112
Tak

One movie is not going to 'redeem' Shinn. Foundation for Shinn as a character was not steady to begin with. Thus, when Kira took off with good ol' Freedom, the die was cast, and the rest was history.

As I mentioned over a decade ago, I'd be lying if I watched Seed Destiny and not expecting to see more of Kira & Lacus.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2021-05-30, 13:13   Link #12113
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
One movie is not going to 'redeem' Shinn. Foundation for Shinn as a character was not steady to begin with. Thus, when Kira took off with good ol' Freedom, the die was cast, and the rest was history.

As I mentioned over a decade ago, I'd be lying if I watched Seed Destiny and not expecting to see more of Kira & Lacus.

- Tak
Well, it can be a start if nothing else .
Old 2021-05-30, 18:05   Link #12114
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Oh yeah, The Suzumura's are probably going to star in a movie together again and as a legit couple. That's hilarious .
I'm actually looking forward to Kenichi Suzumura and Maaya Sakamoto reprise their Gundam Seed Destiny characters together and get to act like a couple this time, too.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-30, 19:25   Link #12115
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
I'm actually looking forward to Kenichi Suzumura and Maaya Sakamoto reprise their Gundam Seed Destiny characters together and get to act like a couple this time, too.
If all those gossips back when destiny aired were true, I am not surprised that Fukuda will give Shinn a new girlfriend just to make it hostile XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-30, 19:32   Link #12116
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Foundation for Shinn as a character was not steady to begin with. Thus, when Kira took off with good ol' Freedom, the die was cast, and the rest was history.
As Re:Rise has shown us all with Hiroto as an MC, characters like Shinn could've been done greatly. The foundation for Shinn is not wrong. It's the overall bad writing that dragged Shinn's character down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Oh yeah, that reminds me. Shinn & Luna had the most baffling "romantic development" in the show regardless of their seiyuus.

Luna: "Shinn, you killed my sister!"
Shinn: "Yep."
Luna: "Let's kiss."
Shinn: "Ok."
Old 2021-05-30, 20:25   Link #12117
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
The foundation for Shinn is not wrong. It's the overall bad writing that dragged Shinn's character down.
Yeah, it wasn't wrong. It was just weak and shaky. Hell, you pretty much answered that part with your own post.

Moreover, Destiny was the modern take of Zeta Gundam, except Shinn reminded me once again just how much I hated Kamille. Goddess only knows how many times I wanted to strangle that dumb kid.

Oh, and don't even get me started on Athrun and Cagalli's relationship. What the hell was that.

- Tak

Old 2021-05-31, 00:31   Link #12118
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Oh, and don't even get me started on Athrun and Cagalli's relationship. What the hell was that.

- Tak
Athrun & Cagalli is your usual pairing that started from a chance meeting of two soldiers from opposing sides who then bonded after spending quality times together.

I don't know why that one surprised you. In Gundam franchsie, it's been done years before with BerniexChris & ShiroxAina.

Athrun & Cagalli's relationship only got complicated coz Cagalli was a royal member in position of power. I assumed there were a lot of rules & tradition (and Yuna) that got in Athrun's way.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2021-05-31 at 06:00.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-31, 08:25   Link #12119
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Athrun & Cagalli is your usual pairing that started from a chance meeting of two soldiers from opposing sides who then bonded after spending quality times together.

I don't know why that one surprised you.
Why... do you even think that should surprise me?

- Tak

Old 2021-05-31, 09:16   Link #12120
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Why... do you even think that should surprise me?

- Tak
You said "What the hell was that" which is an expression of being baffled or surprised or upset or combinations of them.

Athrun & Cagalli's relationship is not really strange or baffling even back when SEED aired.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep