AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-07-08, 10:30   Link #21
Frontier

So this looks like it's going to be a pretty self-aware but fairly action-y and comedic Isekai show .

Seems like Makoto was expecting the traditional Harem experience but instead ends up with what appear to be two strong, imposing, ladies who will probably be difficult to manage as they compete with each other for his affections and act out in their own way...as well as Emma the Orc. Of course it looks like there will be plenty of other prominent female characters. Also looks like maybe Nukumi reincarnated as well ?

Makoto learns that the Japanese Gods are apparently real and that his parents were actually from another world and Isekai'd into Japan. And then basically had to promise to give up one of their children to the Goddess that let them get to Japan, which is kind of harsh. Makoto took the job to protect his sisters .

Jeez, that's one rotten Goddess. She asks for him and is then so disgusted by him that she basically tries to throw him out with the trash and away from her precious humans, only deigning to give him the ability to understand all the different creature languages. She may be a beauty, but she's anything but personality-wise. Thank goodness for Tsukuyomi, even if it looks like he's helped Makoto as much as he was able to before having to take a centuries long rest .

Of course the Orc Pig Girl would be cute and voiced by Saori Hayami. Although did it sound like at times like Hayamin's voice was coming out of a booth? Seemed like there was some sound issues .

Level 1 but still super overpowered! Just imagine what will happen when he starts leveling up .

Makoto actually had a confession event happen in real life when Nukumi confessed to him, which explains the awkward looks between them at the beginning. Makoto's fantasies make it look like it ended well and he got to see her bra through her shirt but in actuality it seems like he rejected her and broke her heart. Poor girl .

Would anyone have been able to tell Shen was Ayane Sakura before she transformed into a human form? Although even in her human form her voice is kind of unconventional from Ayaneru's usual typecast. Looks like Shen is the type who is really into traditional Japanese stuff, which is why she became so enamored with that part of Makoto's memories .
Old 2021-07-08, 11:06   Link #22
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This goddess could be a contender for worst isekai goddess of all time. A perfectly valid individual that is clearly got enough power to do the job, but she tosses him away because he's not hot enough for her. Was she searching for heroes or fooling around on a goddess dating app ?

Interesting bit with the type of flashback at play there. The girl really did end up confessing, but he was too flustered by it. Either inadvertently turning her down from the surprise (along with the height gap) or his reactions made her think he did and she ended up in tear . Either way that's a sad turn of events. Although for better or worse...probably isn't the last time we'll be seeing her.

Emma is definitely the cutest of orc pigs. Of course Makoto was too concerned about genre staples to stick around. Understandable that he'd try to avoid a pig as his main heroine. An important thing that goddess could learn. Nothing wrong with having preferences and your own tastes. But no need to be rude.

Dragon companion is attained. Now to move on to the next of the main girls.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2021-07-08 at 12:08.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-08, 12:24   Link #23
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
This goddess could be a contender for worst isekai goddess of all time. A perfectly valid individual that is clearly got enough power to do the job, but she tosses him away because he's not hot enough for her. Was she searching for heroes or fooling around on a goddess dating app ?
She also made it sound like she had other heroes waiting in the wings and she didn't need him which begs the question why they even needed to fulfill the deal they made with her ?
Old 2021-07-08, 14:01   Link #24
Tenzen12

Because they had formal agreement? Gods can be whimsical, but that's exactly reason why you should fulfill promises with them...
Old 2021-07-08, 16:08   Link #25
Huh...?

Its sad that, since there is no Light Novel translation, we don't really know if the past of Makoto's parents which is covered in the Web Novel and gives us their background and the reason why they left Goddess' World to move to Earth, is covered in it or not.

I would only say that, compared to the pasts of the parents of various other series MC's with normal family, the past of our MC's parents here (especially his Mother's) is very interesting, which many might not like.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-08, 17:14   Link #26
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Its sad that, since there is no Light Novel translation, we don't really know if the past of Makoto's parents which is covered in the Web Novel and gives us their background and the reason why they left Goddess' World to move to Earth, is covered in it or not.

I would only say that, compared to the pasts of the parents of various other series MC's with normal family, the past of our MC's parents here (especially his Mother's) is very interesting, which many might not like.
Kind of reminds me of Paul and Zenith from Jobless Reincarnation .
Old 2021-07-08, 18:32   Link #27
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
She also made it sound like she had other heroes waiting in the wings and she didn't need him which begs the question why they even needed to fulfill the deal they made with her ?
You have to wonder. Maybe she wanted to be a jerk and actually make that couple give up their first born child for the laughs.

It's possible that the MC will be vastly superior to whomever she grabbed. That taking him would have been the ideal choice in terms of effectiveness. Which only makes her look even worse in forcing others to fight a more difficult battle because she didn't like the appearance of Plan A.
Old 2021-07-08, 19:21   Link #28
Greenish Growth

Wow...I've never seen something I read get turned into so crazy wacky in its anime adaption before.

I wouldn't have read the novel for so long if it felt as wacky as this. I wonder why the tone of the first episode feels so nutty.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-08, 19:51   Link #29
Znail

Quote:
I think she used the connection to "our" world that she got from fetching him to nab a couple of others.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-08, 22:46   Link #30
SeaDoor

Good grief that was rushed. I hope that after next weeks' character introduction they will slow down a little. Emma is more important to the early story than it seemed in the first episode. The wacky presentation could be toned down too. I enjoy the manga and I hope they do it justice.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-08, 23:10   Link #31
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
I guess you didn't know that this Series WN debuted back in 2012 (around same time as Shield Hero, Arifureta & Realist Hero), which is before the whole blow-up of popularity of the Isekai Genre.
So, in a way, the so-called "Meta" you speak of is actually something which the WN, LN & Manga adaptation of this Series helped form.
That only makes it worse.
Old 2021-07-08, 23:34   Link #32
Tenzen12

TsukiMichi but it is still better then these three. Not that it's particularly high bar though. Anyway Mc having awareness of tropes doesn't makes it really meta.
Old 2021-07-08, 23:39   Link #33
scififan

Quote:

I guess you didn't know that this Series WN debuted back in 2012 (around same time as Shield Hero, Arifureta & Realist Hero), which is before the whole blow-up of popularity of the Isekai Genre.
So, in a way, the so-called "Meta" you speak of is actually something which the WN, LN & Manga adaptation of this Series helped form.
Yes, the "Meta"(whatever it is) desription does not make sense.
This story starts from 2012 to 2016. Also, Slime Isekai starts from 2013 to 2016. I cannot wait to see people making clueless assumption that this show makes reference to Slime due to the similarities.

For instance, before this hero is tranferred to isekai, he is in panic that the 18+ material he stored in his digital media is going to be revealed by others. The god assures him that the digital media will be wiped. In Slime Isekai, after the guy gets stabbed, he appeals to his collegaue to erase his PC's hard disk.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-08, 23:54   Link #34
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
The contract with Makoto gave her a foot in the door.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-09, 00:19   Link #35
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
Yes, the "Meta"(whatever it is) desription does not make sense.
This story starts from 2012 to 2016. Also, Slime Isekai starts from 2013 to 2016. I cannot wait to see people making clueless assumption that this show makes reference to Slime due to the similarities.

For instance, before this hero is tranferred to isekai, he is in panic that the 18+ material he stored in his digital media is going to be revealed by others. The god assures him that the digital media will be wiped. In Slime Isekai, after the guy gets stabbed, he appeals to his collegaue to erase his PC's hard disk.
It wouldn't surprise me if that joke is older than the internet.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-09, 03:58   Link #36
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
The contract with Makoto gave her a foot in the door.
The goddes does not have contract with the protagonist. She has the contract with his parents. She allowed them to leave isekai and stayed on Earth. The payment is to hand over one of their precious children. The protagonist initially refused the offer, but he complied after learning one of his sisters had to go in his place.

He has training in archery, but his brute force is nature. Earth has strong barometric pressure. The superhuman in isekai would become average human. In reverse, the normal human sustains barometric pressure becomes superhuman in this isekai.

The only contract he made is with the dragon. The contract is suppose to benefit both parties, but the mightest dragon is not powerful enough to make 5/5 contract with the protagonist.

5/5 contract: droagn(5) and the protagonist(5) are equal partners.

3/7 contract: dragon(3) is the child of the protagonist(7). The dragon becomes the half human.

2/8 contract: dragon(2) is the servant of the protagonist(8). The dragon become sthe full human. The most miserable contract is 0/10.

During the battle, the the dragon was about the checkmate the protagonist, with her dimensional scale. However, the protagonist learns to defeat her with the skill granted by the god. However, the dragon took peek at his memory. He found the Edo era samurai drama is quite entertaining. After the contract, the dragon dresses in the samurai's kimono.

If the dragon is stronger in power, the protagonist could become half dragon.

If the protagonist makes the contract with the pig girl, the pig girl will become the full human girl. He is still too afraid to get invovle with her.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-09, 18:32   Link #37
leongsh
Daijoubu!

After the first episode, it's the most interesting out of all the isekai shows debuting this season. That's not much but it's enough to at least make me want to watch a few more episodes.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-14, 10:28   Link #38
Frontier

To be honest I think he's trading up with a busty, leggy, Samurai girl voiced by Ayaneru, even if I do think it would be pretty fun to ride on top of a dragon .

Emma is such a sweet girl, coming all the way to make sure Makoto didn't sacrifice himself her her sake .

Making a whole life and civilization away from the prying eyes of that rotten Goddess seems like a great way of sticking it to her after the way she treated him as an eyesore in her world .

I wasn't prepared for Loli Shen to turn up as a caretaker as the Demi Plane, or that she would be so adorable, and we even get to hear Ayaneru's super cute loli voice .

One thing this show gets down is making Makoto's magic look super cool .

So Makoto is going to follow the path his parents took...considering that ended up taking them to Japan, is that maybe his way back home ?

Tsukuyomi was a pretty great dude indeed, Makoto. Be sure to thank him !

Fat lot of help Shen is when Black Spider turns up, and she even drew the Spider there to begin with, but I guess it let Makoto show off his abilities. And then it turns out the Spider is kind of a masochist for strong magic, which basically makes her fall for him .

I could tell from the cute screeches that the Spider was female, even before it turned into seductive moaning, and then Shen ends up showing the appeal of a human form because she can "attend" to Makoto if asked, which leads to his second attendant. Voiced by Akari Kito, to boot! Poor Shen just gave Makoto the classic Japanese beauty she probably wishes she was .

The Ending is pretty nice, showing off Makoto's wholesome family life, which makes it all the more sadder that it was ripped away from him, but at the same time it ends with the new people and life he will be making for himself in this other world, so I guess it's not all bad. Especially in the girl department .
Old 2021-07-14, 10:46   Link #39
larethian

Brainless humour but kind of funny. When spider showed up, I could already predict the outcome. Orc-girl better enter a contract soon, can't have a pig-face with Misao's voice any longer than necessary, can we?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-14, 10:56   Link #40
Tenzen12

Pretty accurate, but it would be probably better to add some anime original content to slow down little. It still feel pretty rushed.