AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2021-07-02, 09:48   Link #1401
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
The Department of Health (Philippines) is taking a hissy fit that the Bloomberg report suggest that Manila will be one of the last countries to recover from the pandemic by next year.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-02, 21:51   Link #1402
Key Board
Carbon

I heard Duterte is threatening unvaccinated people with jail time. Does this imply that everyone can get the vaccine now.

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-03, 01:04   Link #1403
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

He can, if he wants to ignore the constitution. Filipino criminal laws do not include such a thing.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2021-07-03, 22:48   Link #1404
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Manila says that they're not going to mix up the vaccines just yet.

They have Moderna/Pfizer, but Beijing and Moscow gave them Sinovac/Sinopharm and Sputnik. So they want to get more data on this.

Old 2021-07-14, 11:38   Link #1405
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Finally got vaccination scheduled for next week...Moderna. Just as news report says Hokkaido is running low on Biontech vaccines
Old 2021-07-19, 08:52   Link #1406
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Were you put in a certain category (eg persons with known health conditions)?

Old 2021-07-20, 09:39   Link #1407
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Starting to see an increase, yet steady flow of COVID patients again at my hospital here in SoCal. We don't know what strain (but more than likely the delta considering what's been going around in the news and whatnot), but for the most part it's the most likely the post-July 4th wave. The last few months our C-unit has had less than 5 per week, but now we've spilled over into the next unit. When I worked on Thursday we were sitting at around 20 covid patients. Small albeit compared to last year of course but it's worth noting. God I hate wearing N95 masks.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-20, 10:37   Link #1408
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Were you put in a certain category (eg persons with known health conditions)?
No. My institute is considered critical and frontline (uni hospital is main corona treatment facility here)

The known health conditions people got theirs last Saturday
Old 2021-07-21, 06:57   Link #1409
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Makes sense.

Old 2021-07-21, 08:42   Link #1410
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

We are lucky. Rest of city is still at 60s age group. Outside in the other cities and towns, they ran out of Biontech. We are using Moderna here so there's still stock for now
Old 2021-07-22, 03:57   Link #1411
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
Starting to see an increase, yet steady flow of COVID patients again at my hospital here in SoCal. We don't know what strain (but more than likely the delta considering what's been going around in the news and whatnot), but for the most part it's the most likely the post-July 4th wave. The last few months our C-unit has had less than 5 per week, but now we've spilled over into the next unit. When I worked on Thursday we were sitting at around 20 covid patients. Small albeit compared to last year of course but it's worth noting. God I hate wearing N95 masks.
Wasn't US new case count increasing even before July 4?
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-23, 02:58   Link #1412
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
Wasn't US new case count increasing even before July 4?
It was, but nowhere near the rate it is going now 2 weeks+ after July 4th

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-23, 08:37   Link #1413
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
It was, but nowhere near the rate it is going now 2 weeks+ after July 4th
Well exponential
Also, new sata from Israel seems to indicate that, people vaccinated in January will have their vaccine efficiency drop to 16% in June-July. Given that we're now entering end of July and February was about when US start mass vaccinating people, the same drop in efficiency might also start appearing in countries like US and exacerbating the infection
Israeli report: https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/coron...-ministry-says
Old 2021-07-24, 06:41   Link #1414
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

24 hrs after the first Moderna jab and it feels like a full blown viral infection. Heart rate is skyrocketing and breathlessness is real. With sore throat and coughing as well. And this is just the first one.....gg for the second. Feels exactly like you drunk too much alcohol
Old 2021-07-24, 08:01   Link #1415
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

My first Moderna shot just hurt my arm for a few days. The second (that I got on Thursday) one gave me aches all over and a headache I'm still feeling.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-24, 10:02   Link #1416
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
24 hrs after the first Moderna jab and it feels like a full blown viral infection. Heart rate is skyrocketing and breathlessness is real. With sore throat and coughing as well. And this is just the first one.....gg for the second. Feels exactly like you drunk too much alcohol
And both prevention and cure is the same at that - super-hydrate yourself.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-24, 11:29   Link #1417
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
And both prevention and cure is the same at that - super-hydrate yourself.
Yeah, loads of water drinking. Many people actually passed out in the 34 degree heat after being vaccinated
Old 2021-07-24, 15:55   Link #1418
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Well, it finally happened in my city. After months of relaxing cautionary measures, infections are now skyrocketing at a rate of doubling every two weeks. Average daily deaths have also increased considerably. I fear seeing the same scenario I saw over the news at the start of the year in India, only here it wasn't about a religious festival (albeit some might say we worship "the sun god" known as summer vacations.).

The biggest worry atm is that hospitals will not be able to bear the strain. Vaccinations here are at 20% at best so there will be no Deus Ex Machina to save al those people that wont be able to secure a hospital bed. The good news is that workers in the health sector have been vaccinated for months, which also means that in a few months they might need another shot and none have been announced so far.

I guess I am some of the lucky ones, I continue to isolate myself from the rest of society as much as possible. IMO the biggest danger is the heat (as I write this in the afternoon we are at 33 degrees, but feels like 36), because many people will flock to closed spaces with air conditioning, where the virus will constantly circulate and many of those places are restaurants, where you must remove your face mask to eat.

So, any bets on how many new killer variants are we going to get before this is "over"?
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-25, 03:03   Link #1419
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
Well, it finally happened in my city. After months of relaxing cautionary measures, infections are now skyrocketing at a rate of doubling every two weeks. Average daily deaths have also increased considerably. I fear seeing the same scenario I saw over the news at the start of the year in India, only here it wasn't about a religious festival (albeit some might say we worship "the sun god" known as summer vacations.).

The biggest worry atm is that hospitals will not be able to bear the strain. Vaccinations here are at 20% at best so there will be no Deus Ex Machina to save al those people that wont be able to secure a hospital bed. The good news is that workers in the health sector have been vaccinated for months, which also means that in a few months they might need another shot and none have been announced so far.

I guess I am some of the lucky ones, I continue to isolate myself from the rest of society as much as possible. IMO the biggest danger is the heat (as I write this in the afternoon we are at 33 degrees, but feels like 36), because many people will flock to closed spaces with air conditioning, where the virus will constantly circulate and many of those places are restaurants, where you must remove your face mask to eat.

So, any bets on how many new killer variants are we going to get before this is "over"?
Doubling every two weeks, is actually relatively calm. Wasn't there some European countries that have gone through tripling or quadripling in a week, despite vaccines?
Old 2021-07-25, 10:16   Link #1420
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
Doubling every two weeks, is actually relatively calm. Wasn't there some European countries that have gone through tripling or quadripling in a week, despite vaccines?
Maybe, with a very small pool of infected people that can be possible without raising any alarms (yet). Some numbers are in order. As of yesterday, hospitals in the region were at 62% capacity; they might add some beds, but you can't just order more nurses and doctors on amazon (health care workers are stressed as it is with over a year of this pandemic, quality of service will take a turn for the worse). Yesterday we had 18 deceased, about half below 60 years of age (should have taken a photo of the list, they do not upload it later to the net, they just show it on the daily tv report).

On the 9 of July hospital capacity was at 23% and we had 5 deceases that day. In August I will be surprised if my city does not make into the world news cycle, but even then people will not learn, just read some posts on facebook (you people are my social network, the worse posts can't compare with fb) while researching this numbers and there are so many idiots still talking against vaccination and cautionary measures, we reap what we sow -_-;
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote