AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2021-08-22, 05:46   Link #3721
WingedAccelerator

There is an early spoiler out. No breather?

Spoiler for Chapter 235:
Old 2021-08-22, 05:57   Link #3722
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't know why, but I first procesed it as "Kaguya and Fujiwara are dating".

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2021-08-22 at 10:23.
Old 2021-08-22, 10:14   Link #3723
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I wonder if this's the author's intent, to have Mikado and Chika paired off. Sort of like how Princess Kaguya left the emperor an elixir of immortality or "Fuji", could Chika be doubling both as another of the princess with impossible tasks and said elixir to be left behind with the emperor (Mikado)? Just speculation.
Old 2021-08-22, 14:40   Link #3724
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I wonder if this's the author's intent, to have Mikado and Chika paired off. Sort of like how Princess Kaguya left the emperor an elixir of immortality or "Fuji", could Chika be doubling both as another of the princess with impossible tasks and said elixir to be left behind with the emperor (Mikado)? Just speculation.
This is a good one.

If I have to word it, I would say only pairing off Fujiwara, as she is the only original Student Council member from the beginning, who doesn't have a recurring ship since Miyuki and Kaguya became a couple. Mikado is kind of like the only feasible option, even though they didn't even talk yet if I remember correctly. But he does like big breasts that sag a little, so it could be love at first sight for him.

Another aspect of it is just the usual "let the friends hook up with each other too" after the main couple. Miyuki's side can attain complete victory if Ishigami and Mikado get a girlfriend, but Kaguya has Fujiwara, Hayasaka and Maki (I know...). Not enough males for them, unless new characters are introduced like that Abe.
Old 2021-08-22, 14:54   Link #3725
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Either that or Tsubasa pulls a Kanojo mo Kanojo. From what his grandfather said it’s in his blood.
Old 2021-08-23, 03:22   Link #3726
Lex79

I wouldn't mind Fujiwara x Mikado or Abe as long as it's played as comedy and it's nota other love drama.
For Hayasaka, what they did in the official doujin
Spoiler for official doujin Hayasaka arc:
was too good for me to accept her being paired with some random guy in the main series.
Maki, I'm sorry for her, she just has to stay single and suffer.
Old 2021-08-23, 03:55   Link #3727
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Either that or Tsubasa pulls a Kanojo mo Kanojo. From what his grandfather said it’s in his blood.
A Nagisa is in the bag already. Then Sa... ki... Ma... ki. Close enough.
Old 2021-08-23, 07:08   Link #3728
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
I wouldn't mind Fujiwara x Mikado or Abe as long as it's played as comedy and it's nota other love drama.
I don't think something involving Fujiwara can turn into drama

In fact, I sure hope that never happens.
Old 2021-08-23, 08:28   Link #3729
WingedAccelerator

Aka dodged the previous chance, but this would be quite easy as well for Fujiwara drama. After Kaguya kept Fujiwara in the dark about dating Miyuki, now she apparently cannot let Fujiwara date whoever she wants to without her approval? Fujiwara could easily make a point that Kaguya didn't rush for her approval when it came to Miyuki, so her issue with Mikado would be completely unfair to Fujiwara.
Old 2021-08-23, 12:14   Link #3730
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Aka dodged the previous chance, but this would be quite easy as well for Fujiwara drama. After Kaguya kept Fujiwara in the dark about dating Miyuki, now she apparently cannot let Fujiwara date whoever she wants to without her approval? Fujiwara could easily make a point that Kaguya didn't rush for her approval when it came to Miyuki, so her issue with Mikado would be completely unfair to Fujiwara.
Agree with you on this. She is a control freak IMO.
Old 2021-08-23, 16:23   Link #3731
James Rye

Lol, what a fun chapter. That Yandere reaction of those two was glorious. Now Fujiwara's life is threaten not only by Kaguya's paranoia but also Iino's own fears. XDDD
Bit of a shame the whole Fujiwara wants a bf deal got resolved already by Kaguya being a control freak but at least it ended with the Hayasaka x Fujiwara yuri ship joke.^^
Old 2021-08-26, 09:17   Link #3732
WingedAccelerator

Well, a breather came. Not the best one, but it was passable.

Some jokes just don't age well with me. Kaguya's inner cursing was funny when she and Miyuki were single. But now, when even Miyuki said he won't give her to Fujiwara and they go baka couple mode, the sole reason it got used was only for nostalgia bait, beause the readers remember that she WAS just like that and how funny was that in the beginning.

Iino was selfish again despite last chapter happening. It could have worked with the narrator calling her out similarly to what happened with Ishigami after the Sports Festival, but no.

The lesbian joke ending to further shit on Fujiwara and sweep her issue under the rug was just disappointing.
Old 2021-08-26, 10:30   Link #3733
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I'd say it's less a matter of Kaguya being a control freak than her just being a little protective, and wanting a reason to refuse Mikado. Ultimately I think she just doesn't trust him, and the plot seems to have given her plenty of reason. He seems to be on her side, but if I remember right his family wants him to help them against her. He's not close enough to her and hasn't been around long enough for her to explicitly trust him, so why would she think for a moment it's OK for her best friend to date someone who might use Chika to get to her?

And how is Miko's action in any way bad? Much less "selfish"? She's just jealous, something completely to be expected given that she's still in love with Ishigami and does not in any way equate to "selfishness". And the situation doesn't match up at all anyway. She was willing to consider giving up on him, though it would be incredibly painful, because she didn't want her "best friend" to hate her. That doesn't mean she'd be willing to step down for a rival just because she used to admire her and now is fairly good friends with her. The disapproval of one's dearest friend (even if you're having to deal with realizing that she's not as close as you thought) is very different from rivalry from a former idol.
Old 2021-08-26, 13:17   Link #3734
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

https://twitter.com/kaguya_comic/sta...135783939?s=09
Oshi no ko take place few years after Kaguya....
Surprise....
Old 2021-08-26, 13:23   Link #3735
WingedAccelerator

Iino and Kaguya are both insecure about Fujiwara. But Iino selfishly silences Fujiwara, because Fujiwara's ideal is awfully close to Ishigami. There is nothing more to the scece, but Iino's own selfish interest in mind.
Old 2021-08-26, 15:56   Link #3736
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It's true, but at the same time, it's not like Fujiwara's in any way serious...
Old 2021-08-26, 16:21   Link #3737
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Iino and Kaguya are both insecure about Fujiwara. But Iino selfishly silences Fujiwara, because Fujiwara's ideal is awfully close to Ishigami. There is nothing more to the scece, but Iino's own selfish interest in mind.
Except Miko didn't "silence" her. She just grabbed at her and pulled back because she was standing awfully close to Ishigami while expressing her interest; and again this's very much the sort of behavior you'd expect of a girl in love toward someone she sees as a possible romantic rival/threat. There's nothing "selfish" about it; if there is you're basically saying that pursuing your love or fighting for them is a selfish act. If anything I'd say she's insecure, which is understandable since she's only recently gotten into his circle. The difference isn't that Kaguya isn't selfish and Miko is, it's just that Kaguya is, as we've seen, the type to scheme and plot before taking action if she deems it necessary, whereas Miko has only recently accepted the idea that a little underhanded action is OK in romance, but generally is more direct in her actions.
Old 2021-08-26, 17:59   Link #3738
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Don't treat what happened in a gag chapter, as part of a gag, so seriously...

I hope we'll get more chapters like this for a while. It was hilarious.
Old 2021-08-26, 18:16   Link #3739
Wandering Soul

It's honestly just nice to get a breather chapter that's more focused on comedy after all that drama.
Reminds me of the old days where Kaguya considered Fujiwara a threat to her romantic pursuits, only now Iino is starting to feel the same way.
Old 2021-08-27, 00:46   Link #3740
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Don't treat what happened in a gag chapter, as part of a gag, so seriously...

I hope we'll get more chapters like this for a while. It was hilarious.
Exactly, I'm surprised by how much people are reading into a chapter that is meant only for laughs. The only serious bit is the part about Mikado being untrustworthy that might lead to a story arc in the future.

Tags
character derailment, coming of age, desconstruction, genre shift, love triangle, memeguya, no longer our guy, quality decline, romcom, school life