AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-08-21, 09:34   Link #81
Frontier

Azz is surprised Clara actually lives in a house? Where did he think she lived? In a cave? In the wilderness? Well, he's technically not inaccurate on that one .

So the Valac's live in a forest of weird creatures and colorful imagery...which fits them pretty well .

Urara is at school so Iruma and Azz get the full Valac experience of just how crazy, energetic, and happy they are as a family .

I love how Clara shuts her brothers up before they reveal how much she talks about Iruma when she's at home .

What's cuter than Clara? Clara baby pictures! And Azz and Clara share one thing in common...two overpowered yet embarrassing mothers .

How do the Valac's shop for food? Why, they just take whatever they need from the forest! Complete with the long-awaited new Valac musical number that they rope Iruma and Azz into! And then it concludes with them flying to Falfal, for some reason .

So the big catch of the day is a shark monster made of food, almost like he's from Bugsnax, but he's not going to go down quietly...I love how Clara just summons Falfal like it's going to do anything useful but turn her into a pet, and Azz gets to take Sabro's words to heart and retreat with everyone in tow. Character development! But the real awesome moment is Clara's mom finishing it in one punch .

Clara giving Azz and Iruma lap pillows and serenading them to sleep was really beautiful .

Uh oh. Ameri's dad is about to show up? Has he found out about the upcoming date? A date in which it appears Ameri is going to wear a BIKINI!? Next Saturday can't come soon enough !

Su-ki-ma! Poor Urara's impression to Azz and Iruma being corrupted .
Old 2021-08-24, 03:07   Link #82
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
A full episode focusing on Clara and her family, I'm in heaven.
Old 2021-08-24, 08:45   Link #83
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Feel kinda cheated Asai didn't get to do one of her voices, though.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-04, 09:24   Link #84
Frontier

I love how Ameri's dad comes to the Valac's (with their goofy doorbell sound) to tell Iruma that they've gotten the press to die down...and then he's really insistent Ameri's just focused on studying when she's just getting through all her homework along with all her date planning so she can have the perfect date with Iruma the next day .

Thank goodness Iruma knows when to take the lead since Ameri's such a blushing mess of a schoolgirl in love .

Portrait of middle school Ameri! And Smol Ameri flashback! Really cute .

Poor Ameri's dad. He remembers when she was his precious angel and daddy's girl and now she's going off on her own...with a boy...and there's nothing he can do about it .

An aquarium/water park hybrid is the perfect excuse to get our two prospective lovebirds in swimsuits, and Ameri looked absolutely stunning in that red bikini with the classy sarong and the cloth on her feet! She looked perfect .

I love how Ameri is using a Shojo manga as a basis for a date plan. I mean, of course she is, but we all know that never works. At the same time the idea that at one point the male lead brought the female lead to a Taekwondo Dojo and made it seem romantic is pretty funny .

Poor Ameri's date plan is derailed by their significant height difference and how extra she and the demon world are so everything is maybe a bit too much for Iruma...up to and including the giant fortunetelling water dragon who smells Iruma is a human and tries to eat him, but then Ameri swoops in with a kick to save her man .

Wait, was that...Dosanko on some older guy's shoulder? It looked like her, although I don't think she's that small .

I love how we get such a super cute Ameri pout when she hears Iruma is getting a souvenir for Clara but she can't help but make sure Iruma picks something appropriate for a girl .

I guess the perks of getting scratched by a dragon scale is it gives you the perfect excuse to ask a boy to princess carry you...and then said boy uses his magic ring to make you weightless so he can actually pull it off. All in all, Iruma had fun and enjoyed his time with Ameri, and she got to have her Princess Carry romance moment. I'd say that really does make it the perfect date .

Su-ki-ma! Ameri papa having to console himself with memories of when Ameri was just a daddy's girl as teen Ameri has to deal with her father constantly collapsing whenever she does something independent .
Old 2021-09-04, 10:29   Link #85
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 20:

Ameri looks hot! ...

and I guess she has to thank Mako-chan. It became the perfect date, because Iruma has to carry her to the bench. Laughed so hard when she knocked out that thing. lol xD
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-04, 10:42   Link #86
Tenzen12

Totally worth waiting that additional week and I must say I had huge urge to give Ameri headpats whole episode and that doesn't happen often to me.
Old 2021-09-04, 21:38   Link #87
Strahan

I was impressed the writers didn't do the stereotypical thing when the girl is eager for their date; having the rest of the crew just happen to be at the date location as well. She finally got her alone time with him. Too bad Iruma is so hopelessly clueless lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-04, 23:27   Link #88
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
I was impressed the writers didn't do the stereotypical thing when the girl is eager for their date; having the rest of the crew just happen to be at the date location as well. She finally got her alone time with him. Too bad Iruma is so hopelessly clueless lol
It was all the better for just being the two of them together .
Old 2021-09-05, 00:07   Link #89
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
I think he is not that clueless. He just can not believe that someone like Ameri could have feeling for him so he keeps brushing off the signals. And to be fair to him Ameri is incredibly powerful for her age and one of the most attractive females we have seen in the show. Iruma also still sees himself as the chew-toy of life, who needed to work constantly just to manage to stay at the bottom of the barrel. Not to mention the whole demon thing.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-05, 01:02   Link #90
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

As much as I love the Valac family and their insanity, this makes me want to see what an entire day of Iruma alone with Clara would be like.
Old 2021-09-05, 09:58   Link #91
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
As much as I love the Valac family and their insanity, this makes me want to see what an entire day of Iruma alone with Clara would be like.
Probably crazy, cute, and wholesome .
Old 2021-09-05, 18:36   Link #92
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Probably crazy, cute, and wholesome .
No doubt, but... What would the vibe be, as contrasts with the Ameri date? Clara has punched her ticket for this ride, I don't think there's any question about that. As innocent as Iruma is he definitely sees Ameri as a girl - that's apparent in their extended interactions. What about Clara - does he see her as a girl at all, or is she strictly a bro like Azz?
Old 2021-09-05, 19:09   Link #93
Frontier

Quote:
No doubt, but... What would the vibe be, as contrasts with the Ameri date? Clara has punched her ticket for this ride, I don't think there's any question about that. As innocent as Iruma is he definitely sees Ameri as a girl - that's apparent in their extended interactions. What about Clara - does he see her as a girl at all, or is she strictly a bro like Azz?
Maybe not a girl per se or a bro...but Iruma probably thinks Clara is Clara .
Old 2021-09-05, 23:23   Link #94
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Or a barely house trained pet?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-06, 06:30   Link #95
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Spoiler:

when the diet goes wrong. lol
Old 2021-09-11, 09:34   Link #96
Frontier

Sullivan says everyone is a winner in the contest to have the most fun at Walter Park and makes Sullivan pay for the kids' meals...but of course Kalego isn't going to take that lying down and uses it as an excuse to give them all more homework. So even though they win, they lose. Thanks for nothing Sullivan .

Iruma really does look good in glasses .

A grandpa and grandchild trip to get Iruma school supplies for the upcoming new school term turns into Sullivan showing off just how popular Sullivan is to the general demon populace. It's no wonder he's seen as the candidate most likely to be the next Demon King He even manages to stop a crime in progress !

Iruma straight up asks Sullivan about what it takes to be a Demon King and we flashback to Sullivan's youth back when Demon King Derkila was still on the throne and Sullivan was a close attendant who wore a cloth over his face (adding mystery to what he looked like when he was young). Demon King Derkila seemed pretty laidback but passionate in his own way about the beautiful and peaceful Demon World he created .

Also, it sounds like Shinichiro Miki voiced Derkila...wait, who else does Shinichiro Miki voice on this show? And what is Derkila backwards? Wait, huh, what? Wait...what !?

But while Sullivan thinks he has a chance to be a Demon King, he doesn't know if he can rule as Derkila did, and ultimately he sees something of Derkila in Iruma and feels that he might be destined to be the next Demon King...otherwise there will probably be a lot of Iruma memorabilia and statues popping up once Sullivan ascends .

Ali-san couldn't let Iruma go without lecturing him about his use of magic and general chad-ness. Although at least it was in good fun .

Iruma is headed back to school with Azz and Clara as we close out season 2 with a montage of the best moments alongside the Babyls anthem .

But then we also close out on a new cliffhanger as the Misfit Class is now tasked with ranking up to Dalet if they want to properly be second years, which means some serious work in their future. Here's to season 3 !
Old 2021-09-13, 06:29   Link #97
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 21:

heartwarming trip of grandpa and adopted grandson together. They are like real family now.

that previous demon king Derkila is huge! Grandpa looks so small compared to him.

looking forward to season 3.
Old 2021-09-14, 13:29   Link #98
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

So I have a feeling that one of the reasons Sullivan picked up Iruma is because in some terms he reminds him of Maou Derkila. Anyways, it was a very decent episode. Hopefully the 3rd season will be made next year.