AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-09-15, 11:45   Link #461
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
All that said, if next episode is the last one for this season, I won't go back for the next season until I hear that there will be an actual threat for Rimuru's party. I'm tired of lame mustache-twirling villains who continually being sabotaged by plot convenience and Rimuru's OP-ness. Frankly, better villain is the only hope I have for this show since the politics is pretty shallow so far. World-building where the highest-demon lords can just punch each other in the face and the human leaders are generally below the MC intelligence & power-wise is not very intriguing for me (I hope Leon has more substance going on with him). And I guess I had enough of "Rimuru worship" in the main show (I don't mind following the Slime Diaries coz that one was 70% comedy).
I don't know if this series will ever put Tempest on the defensive after what happened with Falmuth with how OP everyone is now and how it just seems to be about these OP protagonists manuevering themselves into owning the antagonists with a dash of slice-of-life, although maybe future antagonists will underestimate Rimuru less.
Quote:
Oh btw, the OP song sucks ass this season. I'm sure the band from my highschool could've made a better English song back in late 90s.
Oh really? I think it's a Banger .
Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
The idea that Milim was acting all this time is a bit absurd. I was spoiled about it in advance so I wasn't surprised or anything but it is unbelievable that Milim had this kind of acting ability.
She did arguably break character a few times, like when she talked to Carrion during their fight and got into it, or some of her reactions when she was fighting Rimuru/Veldora.
Quote:
I wonder if she would care all that much.
She'd probably just laugh about it...
Old 2021-09-21, 10:32   Link #462
Frontier

Man, Clayman is pathetic to the bitter end. No one takes his awakening seriously, Rimuru devours his strongest attacks by spamming Beelzebub, then he pounds on him, and all the while his defeat is set to the Opening. The only dignified thing he does is not leak Yuuki's name before Rimuru finishes him off as he's writhing on the floor knowing he's not going to survive this, begging for his comrades .

Ramiris and Milim should take their comedy act to Slime Diaries .

Veldora just up and exposes Luminus as the true Demon Lord Valentine, and then Milim straight up tells him it's an open secret and doubly exposes her. Poor girl must feel like she's surrounded by idiots. So she's a Gothic Lolita Vampire Demon Lord, huh? I wonder if anyone checked her out while she was briefly naked transforming into her Demon Lord clothes ?

The mystery of Demon Lord Kazalim deepens. Apparently Leon killed him in his old body and Milim and Kazalim recommended Carrion as Demon Lord...although Milim didn't even remember his name .

So Frey and Carrion think they're not cut out to be Demon Lords because they don't measure up to the rest and resign their status to work under Milim...Frey to be there with her friend and keep her head on straight, and Carrion because she owes him a kingdom. Now Milim has that headache to worry about. Although Frey might not feel she's powerful enough to be a Demon Lord, she's definitely sexy enough to be one in my book .

Is Guy into Rimuru now? He really did get up close and personal just to give Rimuru the job of naming the new remaining eight Demon lords as the Octagan. That and that caress and whispering into his ear. I guess that's something else for Rimuru to deal with .

Laplace is infiltrating Valentine's domain until he stumbles into Hinata of all people and retreats, but then the fake Valentine tells him about Clayman's death and he takes that personally, brutally beating and coldly killing the guy by crushing his core. And then he can only laugh cry over Clayman's death. Laplace is definitely not someone you want to mess with .

We end with a montage of Carrion back with the Beastketeers with Milim, Frey, and Milim's people, the schoolkids, Youm and Diablo about to start their takeover, Hinata, and Yuuki reading manga...which seems like an oddly comical scene of the mastermind behind all this, but okay .

And of course we close out with Rimuru returning to Tempest and seeing all his friends and loved ones there to welcome him back .
Old 2021-09-21, 10:34   Link #463
Huh...?

While Season 3 haven't been confirmed/announced yet (we only got a "to be continued").

But we did get confirmation of a "Movie" for Fall 2022.
https://twitter.com/animetv_jp/statu...22317456797706

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-21, 11:18   Link #464
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Just when you think Clayman can't go any lower, he's squealing like a pig the moment he realized that he will be totally consumed with nothing left for revival. And he's screaming Kazareem's name while crawling like a maggot. Even the past Orc-lord who was consumed by Rimuru had more dignity than the pathetic SOB that was Clayman.

Anyway, at least Laplace is looking semi-competent. If the Harlequinn alliance is led by someone stronger & smarter, the show might still have potential to provide a sliver of tension in the future.

I don't know if the upcoming movie will matter/canon for the story. I'm fine either way.
Old 2021-09-21, 11:27   Link #465
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
While Season 3 haven't been confirmed/announced yet (we only got a "to be continued").

But we did get confirmation of a "Movie" for Fall 2022.
https://twitter.com/animetv_jp/statu...22317456797706
No surprise with how popular this series is. I wonder if it'll adapt any of the novels ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Just when you think Clayman can't go any lower, he's squealing like a pig the moment he realized that he will be totally consumed with nothing left for revival. And he's screaming Kazareem's name while crawling like a maggot. Even the past Orc-lord who was consumed by Rimuru had more dignity than the pathetic SOB that was Clayman.
He at least had enough dignity not to leak Yuuki's name. I'm genuinely surprised he didn't plead with it before Rimuru finished him off .
Quote:
Anyway, at least Laplace is looking semi-competent. If the Harlequinn alliance is led by someone stronger & smarter, the show might still have potential to provide a sliver of tension in the future.
Maybe Laplace should've been the Demon Lord .
Old 2021-09-21, 11:40   Link #466
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Maybe Laplace should've been the Demon Lord .
As I've said before

Looks like if a demon lord gets defeated by somebody else then they can take the title, no idea if it's connected to the seed Rimuru got from the orc lord, since there are apparently many ways for monsters to awaken as true demon lords.

Also we don't even know what a "true" demon lord is, at least in the anime. Clayman tried to become one by trying to wipe out Eurazania, but in the end he still almost became one with the souls he already had.

We also didn't get to see what the thing with Leon is about, he's obviously going to be at odds with Rimuru due to the summoning issue, but we don't even know who he's trying to summon into that world.

Same with the takeover of Falmuth, hope we get a s3 very soon!
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-21, 12:53   Link #467
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Never read the LN, but Walpurgis was better in the Manga. They rearranged most of the scenes. Anime Clayman is much weaker than Manga Clayman.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-21, 12:55   Link #468
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
Never read the LN, but Walpurgis was better in the Manga. They rearranged most of the scenes. Anime Clayman is much weaker than Manga Clayman.
That must be saying something with how weak they depicted anime Clayman and how carefree Walpurgis was .
Old 2021-09-21, 13:07   Link #469
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
That must be saying something with how weak they depicted anime Clayman and how carefree Walpurgis was .
He transformed much earlier and Shion never fought his awakened form. Awakened Clayman vs Rimuru was a Duel.
Old 2021-09-21, 14:15   Link #470
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
He transformed much earlier and Shion never fought his awakened form. Awakened Clayman vs Rimuru was a Duel.
Man, they really wanted to show him getting beaten up .
Old 2021-09-21, 14:23   Link #471
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Man, they really wanted to show him getting beaten up .
Yes, his humiliation is worse in the Anime. He still died screaming like a little girl in the manga
Old 2021-09-21, 17:04   Link #472
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
As I've said before

Looks like if a demon lord gets defeated by somebody else then they can take the title,
I don't think you need anything in particular to be a Demon Lord. Maybe Guy's approval? I mean, Ramiris is one, and she's not even strong.

Quote:
no idea if it's connected to the seed Rimuru got from the orc lord, since there are apparently many ways for monsters to awaken as true demon lords.

Also we don't even know what a "true" demon lord is, at least in the anime. Clayman tried to become one by trying to wipe out Eurazania, but in the end he still almost became one with the souls he already had.
Don't you just need to complete whatever ritual Rimuru did? So, it's Demon Lord Seed + bunch of souls. Maybe there are conditions to survive the transformation with your sanity?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-21, 17:29   Link #473
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't think you need anything in particular to be a Demon Lord. Maybe Guy's approval? I mean, Ramiris is one, and she's not even strong.
You need the backing of at least 2 other Demon Lords on the council and you have to settle any dissenting members(i.e. kill them.) Clayman got in through manipulation, not because he was particularly strong.

Quote:
Don't you just need to complete whatever ritual Rimuru did? So, it's Demon Lord Seed + bunch of souls. Maybe there are conditions to survive the transformation with your sanity?
Pretty much, and I don't think there's a stipulation for keeping your sanity, some just get drunk on their newfound powers.
Old 2021-09-21, 17:49   Link #474
Wandering Soul

To no one's surprise Clayman was pathetic to the very end. At least Laplace looks like he'll be more threatening and competent foe.

I'll watch the movie and any later season. I just hope they provide some more tension and don't spend lengthy stretches' on time on constant meetings.
Old 2021-09-21, 18:00   Link #475
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

As others have said, Clayman really was pathetic. He got the ending he deserved.

Veldora and Milim unintentionally outing Luminus as the true Demon Lord was pretty funny. Those two are definitely related. Still not sure what the point of her disguising herself as a maid even was since she wasn't hiding her power level. I don't even get why she did it in the first place.

Frey and Carrion are probably going to be closer to parents to Milim. Frey already told her she's going to have to get her things in order.

The season ends with Rimuru returning to Tempest. All's well that ends well.
Old 2021-09-21, 20:47   Link #476
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Clayman was just so pathetic at the end he should of took it like a man

So now Milim got more responsabilites now

7/10 Well it seem like 2 seasons and you get a movie now
Old 2021-09-21, 21:07   Link #477
AndrewR5D4

Quote:
It's because she's reincarnated several times. Truth is, Ramiris was originally an ancient and powerful being who was around to oversee the world's creation and shaped the planet. I think she even predates the Primordials like Guy Crimson.

Her current incarnation is weak, but that doesn't change who she is, and what she did in the past.
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-21, 23:19   Link #478
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR5D4 View Post
It's because she's reincarnated several times. Truth is, Ramiris was originally an ancient and powerful being who was around to oversee the world's creation and shaped the planet. I think she even predates the Primordials like Guy Crimson.

Her current incarnation is weak, but that doesn't change who she is, and what she did in the past.
I wonder if she was always this ditzy .
Old 2021-09-22, 01:42   Link #479
Chosen_Hero

There's literally no tension left in this series at all, huh?

The Milin reveal wasn't as surprising or interesting as it tried to be, Clayman was just the butt of the joke for the whole season and he got old literally as soon as he got introduced, the battle against Claymans forces was anti climatic because we already knew that they were going to lose horribly and the demon lord's were not as interesting as the story wanted them to be.

I'm floored that an anime can have so many things in it yet end up being about nothing this much. For example, as bad as the Spider isekai anime got and as disappointed as I was in the story (it made me not even want to continue reading the manga), at least it felt like it was trying to do, something... I don't know what, but it felt like it.

I guess that the best I can say about this anime is that it is a good time waster... I guess.
Old 2021-09-22, 02:05   Link #480
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
As others have said, Clayman really was pathetic. He got the ending he deserved.

Veldora and Milim unintentionally outing Luminus as the true Demon Lord was pretty funny.
I'm surprised she knew all along yet didn't let it slip until then.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote