AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-09-12, 17:04   Link #81
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The show is about to end and it's piling on more mysteries. Are they hopeful they'll be able to make a second season? Because otherwise it might have been better to just focus on slice of life chapters.

It seems Daleth's real aim was to find out about Zain's magic which he keeps hidden. Her having Sharon's body was quite the shocker. Since Sharon looks perfectly fine, I'm guessing she's actually in a coma and not dead.
Old 2021-09-12, 19:39   Link #82
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The show is about to end and it's piling on more mysteries. Are they hopeful they'll be able to make a second season? Because otherwise it might have been better to just focus on slice of life chapters.
I guess they felt it was appropriate to close out with a hefty dose of plot...although maybe this will get an OVA and second season like Hi Score Girl .
Old 2021-09-12, 20:50   Link #83
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Viola really didnt look good in the new dress kind of looks like she about to got to a convent
Old 2021-09-14, 13:30   Link #84
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

More and more questions and no answers to anything. Daleth revealing her face at the end and showing Alice's mom in perfect condition... I really hope for a 2nd season. This anime is a hidden gem.
Old 2021-09-14, 16:46   Link #85
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

It seems Daleth's real aim was to find out about Zain's magic which he keeps hidden. Her having Sharon's body was quite the shocker. Since Sharon looks perfectly fine, I'm guessing she's actually in a coma and not dead.
This is where those shoes dropped in the manga, and the anime is just pretty much following it faithfully. I'm confused as to what the plan is myself - even "read the manga" endings usually have some setup to them. Maybe there will be a S2 - this show is obviously on a very limited budget.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-15, 00:32   Link #86
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It would feel a bit weird to just end it without announcing a second season or something. Too many mysteries are piling up. Of course being a faithful adaptation can lead to something like that if you just plain run out of episodes. But in this case it would feel a bit weird.
Old 2021-09-19, 09:46   Link #87
Frontier

Alice always knows how to pump the Duke up by putting her boobs right into his face. Some things never change .

When did all these cats show up? Although Cuff playing with them was pretty adorable .

Alice is welcomed by all the servants who loved Sharon, but it turns out that not only was Sharon popular with the other servants, but she was also close to the Duke's mother. And it seems like part of the reason the Duke's mother became so stoic and harsh was because Sharon died .

I swear Alice really is willing to die if it means getting to kiss the Duke...

Duke finally gets a better idea of what his siblings have to endure growing up under their mother. As bad as what's happened to him is, he at least has some freedom at the villa where he's independent and loved by Alice and Rob, while Viola and Walter are still under their mother's thumb .

So the Duke not only remembers when he was cursed but he also remembers the witch's boobs against his back. Well, I guess that would stand out too .

The Duke's dad isn't dead? He's just hospitalized and not looking good? I kind of wonder if we're ever going to see him and get his perspective on what's going on before he bites it. Their mom really seemed uncomfortable while addressing the fact that he's going to die soon .

So the only reason the mother brought the Duke back to the home mansion is to tell him that he now has to have his curse broken by Spring, otherwise Walter inherits everything. The Duke then asks if he can marry Alice, which of course the mother puts a vehement veto against. But that drives the Duke to passionately rebuke her because of how much he loves Alice and how she saved him, all the while she acted like she never cared for him at all and has been treating her children like objects and not kids. The Duke leaves the mansion with newfound respect from his siblings, even Walter, and his proper calling out of his mother even seems to have earned her respect .

Why am I not surprised Alice seemed about to suggest they play strip poker ?

Alice makes their card game into a choice between the King (Duke's family) or the Joker (her), saying the Duke can't have both...but the Duke loves Alice too much to give up on either, and he'll never stop loving her. And Alice will never stop loving the Duke. And as we close out on the pair respectively declaring their love for each other, we leave off knowing their love will continue in a second season .

Last edited by Frontier; 2021-09-19 at 09:57.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-19, 13:43   Link #88
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-19, 15:59   Link #89
leongsh
Daijoubu!

No worries. A second season has been announced: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...sequel/.177553
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-19, 18:05   Link #90
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It felt like the Duke's mother was testing him. She obviously does care about appearances, but she also clearly liked Sharon a lot, so I'd think she'd be opposed to the Duke marrying Alice. If Sharon is indeed in a coma and comes back later in the series, that will make it go even smoother.

I was delighted when the episode ended with a second season announcement. This ended up being my favorite anime of the season. Granted, this season was one of the worst I can think of, but even in a strong season, this would have stood out.
Old 2021-09-19, 20:34   Link #91
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
No worries. A second season has been announced: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...sequel/.177553
Meh, makes sense and I'm fine with that. I just hope they don't ruin another series. This one is already a done deal. Nothing to really lose anymore, since they could never just suddenly change to drawn anime in the second season. So I guess it is a good decision to just let them animate to the end. They already have made the CG models too. (Or maybe, just not...?)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-19, 20:54   Link #92
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well that is some resolve he has there just say that out loud to his mother

7/10 Cant wait for the second season
Old 2021-09-19, 22:38   Link #93
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Nothing conclusive. But I think it's completely on the table that Alice's mother did end up cursing the guy. Could have been that possessive over her daughter. Even convincing herself it was necessary since the odds of a romance playing out well were low and pulling a stunt like that would normally KO any chances the two of them would have to spend time together much less seriously fall in love later. That he somehow forgot about Alice before meeting her again only furthers the odds of that being the case. While there is a potentially logical reason he forgot, that could easily have been part of the curse to try and secure the two of them staying apart.

Plus it just works to add more drama to the mix. Even if Alice didn't wish for it, if she was involved with the reason the curse happened and all that suffering was caused...it would be a pretty agonizing situation for her.

As for the Mother...eh. Honestly if she's been treating her kids badly as some twisted test then that's pretty pathetic. After the stunts she's pulled I don't think she gets to pull a "I'm so proud of his nerve" stunt.

This show was ok. It was hardly my favorite of the season. But it was at least good enough to keep watching until the end. The visual choice didn't help the show since it wasn't a good looking show. But at least the story is good enough to basically carry it. I'll be up for watching another season.

Something like a 7/10, maybe 6.5.
Old 2021-09-19, 23:28   Link #94
Frontier

We know from Sharon's logbook that two witches came to the mansion once, and presumably one of them was Daleth.

I feel like if the Duke was cursed by Alice's mother he would've recognized her voice, unless he was so young and didn't know Sharon well enough to recognize her, or they only used Yuko Kaida as the Witch's voice to keep up the air of mystery. Or maybe Sharon changed her voice? Who knows .
Old 2021-09-20, 07:13   Link #95
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
We know from Sharon's logbook that two witches came to the mansion once, and presumably one of them was Daleth.

I feel like if the Duke was cursed by Alice's mother he would've recognized her voice, unless he was so young and didn't know Sharon well enough to recognize her, or they only used Yuko Kaida as the Witch's voice to keep up the air of mystery. Or maybe Sharon changed her voice? Who knows .
My wild guess is that Daleth was the one who cursed the Duke. Sharon may have found out about and tried to get her to reverse it but in the process, Sharon was struck down by Daleth. Daleth is not to be trusted in her response that the person who cursed the Duke is dead. Daleth may have used the curse to transfer a cure for the sickly Alice.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-24, 18:06   Link #96
Alchemist007
*Author

It was ok but yeah odd choice to use CG for a character heavy show with no mechs or cars. Hopefully there's some answers in the sequel.

7/10
Old 2021-09-30, 09:47   Link #97
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-20 at 08:50.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-30, 11:00   Link #98
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Alice in her natural state and likely trying to seduce the Duke .