Notices

Old 2021-11-20, 04:58   Link #1221
azenable
President of TecoT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I saw it coming but part of me was hoping they wouldn't sink this low

Spoiler for 78:
It was said that Gas wasn't weak. he likely have a weakness that Bardock made use of to win, which will come into play later.
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-20, 07:12   Link #1222
Sixth
Hu Tao

Good to know that you don't need to train anymore as long as you have the Dragon Ball.

So what's next? Frieza makes the same wish so he can be relevant?

Kinda funny when you think about it when no one wishes for that in DBZ or Earth Shenlong is just weak to do that?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-20, 08:36   Link #1223
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by azenable View Post
It was said that Gas wasn't weak. he likely have a weakness that Bardock made use of to win, which will come into play later.
The guy who said Gas was strong has a power level in the three digits. Even Raditz would seem strong to him. It doesn't seem like Monaito can sense ki either so his words really don't mean much. All we know is that Gas was stronger than Bardock, a low class Saiyan.

I agree Gas has a weakness that will be the key to defeating him, but that doesn't mean he was strong before the wish.
Old 2021-11-20, 10:35   Link #1224
Shadow5YA

I just assumed the phrase would be something cliched along the lines of "Gas wasn't weak, it's just that Bardock was better"
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-20, 11:50   Link #1225
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Im annoyed at this powercreep and repeated plot device as much as anyone else here. Imagine, a random ass grunt who wasnt even Ginyu-level being stronger than Jiren, but, I wonder, what price did Gas have to pay to become the strongest? Granolah had his lifespan shortened.
Old 2021-11-20, 14:40   Link #1226
justavisitor

Master Roshi was not weak, if he could evade Jiren's punch I am pretty sure he can evade a punch or two from Cell as well, but he decided to stay in the sideline in Cell's game (using super's standard, Master Roshi should have replaced Yamcha back in the cell's game XD)
17 was not weak, but for whatever reasons he let Buu destroy the Earth
Gas was not weak, but for whatever reasons he decided to stay side line for so long

Man, you can see the struggle the author faces when he tries to prolong the story

And if Gas has to shorten his lifespan as well, what makes this dragon think it's ok to shorten someone else's lifespan without asking that person ?? I mean, at least, Granolah does it on himself. Now it's Elec telling the Dragon to do it on Gas and the dragon agreed?? This is the worst dragon out of all dragonballs
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-20, 19:31   Link #1227
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The Dragon can do it as long as Gas doesn't reject the wish. This Dragon is still complete bullshit and the worst plot device in the history of Dragon Ball. Only two balls to find, no cooldown period between summonings and it can grant impossible wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I just assumed the phrase would be something cliched along the lines of "Gas wasn't weak, it's just that Bardock was better"
No reason to dramatically cut Monaito in the middle of his sentence then. Bardock being stronger than a low class Saiyan adds nothing to the story, him beating Gas because he figured out and exploited a weakness of his does, because this way he'll contribute to the victory in the present.
Old 2021-11-20, 21:13   Link #1228
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Good to know that you don't need to train anymore as long as you have the Dragon Ball.

So what's next? Frieza makes the same wish so he can be relevant?

Kinda funny when you think about it when no one wishes for that in DBZ or Earth Shenlong is just weak to do that?
Shenron can't do it. It's the same as when they tried to just kill Vegeta and Nappa. He can't do things beyond Kami's power, so logically he couldn't make someone stronger than Kami is either.

It's why I hate this arc, honestly. The dragons previously had rules and limits. Now? Apparently anything goes with this dragon.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-20, 21:53   Link #1229
azenable
President of TecoT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Shenron can't do it. It's the same as when they tried to just kill Vegeta and Nappa. He can't do things beyond Kami's power, so logically he couldn't make someone stronger than Kami is either.

It's why I hate this arc, honestly. The dragons previously had rules and limits. Now? Apparently anything goes with this dragon.
well as per DBZ lore, each dragon has their strength and weakness, Prolonga is said to be more powerful but can't revive more than 1 person at a time nor save Namek's climate change problem. Shenglong can.
So this tappole dragon likely can do power up but not bring ppl back from the dead or something. Else it will be use to bring back the mother.
Old 2021-11-20, 22:55   Link #1230
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by azenable View Post
well as per DBZ lore, each dragon has their strength and weakness, Prolonga is said to be more powerful but can't revive more than 1 person at a time nor save Namek's climate change problem. Shenglong can.
So this tappole dragon likely can do power up but not bring ppl back from the dead or something. Else it will be use to bring back the mother.
Porunga ended up being able to revive many people at the end of DBZ though. I wonder if it's like the Dragon Ball stores the original creator's power but the new inheritor can add his power into it. But it's probably best not too think too much, everything goes now without much explanation.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-20, 23:09   Link #1231
Galaxian

Quote:
The Dragon can do it as long as Gas doesn't reject the wish. This Dragon is still complete bullshit and the worst plot device in the history of Dragon Ball. Only two balls to find, no cooldown period between summonings and it can grant impossible wishes.
Quote:

The Dragon Ball Super manga took the single coolest and most interesting development in the series (Namekians having spread throughout the universe leading to the possibility of various different sets of dragonballs with different rule sets) since the introduction of Super Saiyan and managed to run it to the ground in that very same arc. It's almost applause worthy...
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-21, 07:15   Link #1232
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:

True enough.

I won't be surprised if any random grunt in the next arcs is somehow able to find Dragon Ball Super and then make a wish to be as powerful as Grand Priest or Angels in general because why not?

Also, if Toronbo can make someone as powerful or better than Goku, does this means it is also capable to kill Goku and Vegeta if someone made a wish for their death?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-21, 08:15   Link #1233
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:

If Shenron liked to offer alternatives like this Dragon does, he would have told them he could cause their spaceships to malfunction resulting in their death. It's not like their ships are part of their bodies.
Old 2021-11-23, 01:11   Link #1234
azenable
President of TecoT

Quote:
If Shenron liked to offer alternatives like this Dragon does, he would have told them he could cause their spaceships to malfunction resulting in their death. It's not like their ships are part of their bodies.
Please this is shonen manga targeting pre teens, not an documentary lol
Old 2021-11-23, 08:21   Link #1235
SilverGlavenus

Just read the chapter, at this point the strongest in the universe is the latest to ask shenron for the wish lol.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-24, 12:07   Link #1236
azenable
President of TecoT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlavenus View Post
Just read the chapter, at this point the strongest in the universe is the latest to ask shenron for the wish lol.
The dragon cheated too, didn't read out the disclaimer. Strongest mortal. excluding Beerus and whis.

Maybe also Broly since he will power up over it right away.
Old 2021-11-24, 19:42   Link #1237
GDB

I wonder if, assuming Granolah doesn't get to beat Gas (or assuming Gas is the actual final boss of this arc), we'll get Ultra Ego Instinct Gogeta, just to get yet another new form while also allowing Toyotaro to draw Gogeta.
Old 2021-11-25, 08:24   Link #1238
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I wonder if, assuming Granolah doesn't get to beat Gas (or assuming Gas is the actual final boss of this arc), we'll get Ultra Ego Instinct Gogeta, just to get yet another new form while also allowing Toyotaro to draw Gogeta.
Granolah will lose to Gas but weaken him enough for Goku to use whatever trick Bardock used to defeat Gas in the past. The true object of Granolah's revenge is Elec, so it doesn't really matter if Goku steals the win here.
Old 2021-11-25, 08:40   Link #1239
GDB

I just want someone other than Goku to do something in this series, okay?
Old 2021-11-25, 19:08   Link #1240
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I just want someone other than Goku to do something in this series, okay?
Then you're reading the wrong manga

Tags
donkan mc