Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2022-01-27, 18:56   Link #301
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
BTW, it's a small thing, but I like that they addressed that Lancelot was indeed the one who killed Talisker's fairy with an arrow. But now that leaves the bigger question of how exactly he dealt with Ironside's horde of Chaos monsters....

Y'know, I've been thinking about this, and maybe this signifies that Lancelot is the future Knight of War? Like maybe having high proficiency in several different forms of weaponry and martial arts, as well as having so much knowledge of his enemies' abilities and how to counter them, is proof that he'll become a master general in the future.... and thus the ultimate representation of War. Makes sense to me, at least.
I don't think the way he dealt with the chaos monsters is a mystery. He's simply that OP, and it's the reason he only chose to intervene only when things became extremely dire: he could have taken care of everything on his own, but then Percival and his friends would never get stronger.

Him being War does make sense, considering Lancelot is supposed to be proficient with any weapon in the legends (or was that a Fate thing only?) and it would explain why he can figure things out so quickly.
Old 2022-01-28, 02:41   Link #302
WingedAccelerator

It's not out of the question that the one, who got rid of the monsters was Tristan. At that time the Moon got a higlighted panel there, and the Moon makes demons stronger. Sin also said that his "forest friends" did the job, which could be a hint that he indeed asked for help even if he is capable himself.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-29, 06:58   Link #303
DragonOsman
Dragon King

The "forest friends" thing could've been a lie. He could still have been the one who did that. We saw here how the arrows he fired seemed to still be coming from nowhere. It seems to be a kind of skill he has.

Lancelot is definitely a Knight of the Apocalypse, but shouldn't that mean he'll be a traveling companion for Percival? Why did he make it sound he'll be leaving them now that they've seen his true form?
Old 2022-01-29, 11:03   Link #304
WingedAccelerator

The Sistana monsters got dealt with differently or it's a different form of Lancelot's abilities instead of mere arrows. It looked like a trail of glowing light approached the monsters and they got cleaved in half, then they exploded with a bright flash. At least one of them, but the pattern could be similar. Considering Tristan uses swords and Lancelot so far seems to use arrows and carries a bow (by the looks of it?), I still wouldn't count Tristan out as the secret helper.
Old 2022-01-29, 19:57   Link #305
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
The Sistana monsters got dealt with differently or it's a different form of Lancelot's abilities instead of mere arrows. It looked like a trail of glowing light approached the monsters and they got cleaved in half, then they exploded with a bright flash. At least one of them, but the pattern could be similar. Considering Tristan uses swords and Lancelot so far seems to use arrows and carries a bow (by the looks of it?), I still wouldn't count Tristan out as the secret helper.
He almost made the big guy's head explode just by lightly touching his stomach. It's totally within his abilities.
Old 2022-01-29, 23:20   Link #306
marvelB

I dunno, I kinda have my doubts about Lancelot (or any KotA, for that matter,) being the one who took out those creatures. Mainly because that Chaos Knight who came to fetch Ironside warned him that whoever destroyed the monsters so easily were as powerful as the 7DS.... and it might just be me, but it still feels a little early in the story for the next gen's heroes to be at their predecessor's level, y'know? Personally, I think it's more likely that one of the 7DS themselves took care of the monsters. As for who exactly, I'd put my money on Merlin. She doesn't seem very happy to be following her suddenly corrupt leader, so I can definitely see her helping out Percy's party behind her master's back....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-01, 03:44   Link #307
DragonOsman
Dragon King

That thing about the one who took out the monsters being on the level of the 7DS could just be speculation and could still be wrong. It could still have been Tristan or Lancelot who took them out.

But yeah, about Merlin: I also don't think she's completely on Arthur's side either. She's probably on the other Sins' and Apocalypse Knights' side still.
Old 2022-02-01, 12:10   Link #308
marvelB

New chapter! Needless to say, it didn't take much effort on Lancelot's part for him to take out Fiddich. However, we get a hint of what truly makes him so dangerous: Apparently, he can read minds! That just about instantly explains how he knew so much about the enemy's powers, it certainly does. Also, seems he's searching for one particular knight in Arthur's army (one whose helm has a star-shaped visor), as well as Dubs, the giant clan's master craftsman (I believe he was one of the antagonists of the most recent 7DS movie, yes?). My, my, the plot thickens, indeed.....
Old 2022-02-01, 12:19   Link #309
WingedAccelerator

Shining Road had the same depiction as the magic power that killed the Sistana monsters. So I guess it was not Tristan or anyone else after all.

Mind reading is a Fairy specialty, isn't it? He got it through Elaine. Now I feel dumb how I didn't consider this before.
Old 2022-02-01, 15:41   Link #310
marvelB

Quote:
Shining Road had the same depiction as the magic power that killed the Sistana monsters. So I guess it was not Tristan or anyone else after all.

Yeah, I was gonna comment on that earlier, but I wanted to reread the respective chapters first to make sure. Welp, guess it's time for me to eat crow now, lol.

Also, on a related note, it may actually not be that strange that Lancelot is so powerful upon his introduction, after all.... because if the data books released shortly after NNT's end are any indication, the 4KotA are gonna need to be crazy strong if they're gonna take down Arthur. Apparently, his current power level is freaking TEN MILLION after gaining control of Chaos:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Anyway, with that being said, I'm looking forward to future developments!
Old 2022-02-01, 19:08   Link #311
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Mind reading is a Fairy specialty, isn't it? He got it through Elaine. Now I feel dumb how I didn't consider this before.
Yep, fairies can read minds, and Elaine was always good at it unlike King. I feel super dumb for not considering it either, it explains everything.

I think Arthur's power level has definitely been retconned. He sees Liones as a threat and had Ironside attempt to seal demons. If he were that much stronger than Meliodas, he could just travel to Liones and kill him easily.

And yes, Dubs was in the movie. Lancelot is most likely looking for him so he can make weapons suitable for the Four Knights. Guy with the star shaped helmet? Sounds like he's out for revenge with this one. I'd say either Elaine or Jericho got killed by him (I'd put my money on Jericho).
Old 2022-02-02, 07:15   Link #312
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, it definitely does seem like Suzuki retconned Arthur's power level and/or retconned Meliodas' and the rest of the Sins' power levels to be greater. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I didn't even remember that Fairies could read minds. I guess it's been too long since I last read NNT, not to mention the gaps between chapters being really big.
Old 2022-02-02, 07:39   Link #313
Zirnitra

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, I was gonna comment on that earlier, but I wanted to reread the respective chapters first to make sure. Welp, guess it's time for me to eat crow now, lol.

Also, on a related note, it may actually not be that strange that Lancelot is so powerful upon his introduction, after all.... because if the data books released shortly after NNT's end are any indication, the 4KotA are gonna need to be crazy strong if they're gonna take down Arthur. Apparently, his current power level is freaking TEN MILLION after gaining control of Chaos:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Anyway, with that being said, I'm looking forward to future developments!
Did i miss some information? With that power level why he still stay in the world? Meliodas with demon king power level can't stay in britania but now he seems fine now with that power level
Zirnitra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-02, 10:06   Link #314
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Meliodas gave his Demon King power up at the end of NNT, remember?

Chaos Arthur having more power than Demon King Meliodas is okay though, outside the power level retcon thing: Camelot seems to have been removed from the world, so Arthur doesn't really exist in the regular world.
Old 2022-02-02, 12:12   Link #315
WingedAccelerator

A guy with star-shaped visor can be seen in Chapter 5 and 6. He could be the guy Lancelot is looking for.

I'm afraid if it's a revenge story with him, it's indeed poor Jericho who got killed. Suzuki already said he wanted to kill her in the past, so maybe now is the time.
Old 2022-02-02, 16:32   Link #316
Zirnitra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Meliodas gave his Demon King power up at the end of NNT, remember?

Chaos Arthur having more power than Demon King Meliodas is okay though, outside the power level retcon thing: Camelot seems to have been removed from the world, so Arthur doesn't really exist in the regular world.
Oh right, i forgot about that. That makes sense, if Arthur stay in different realms, the rules won't applied to him.
Zirnitra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-02, 19:51   Link #317
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I'm afraid if it's a revenge story with him, it's indeed poor Jericho who got killed. Suzuki already said he wanted to kill her in the past, so maybe now is the time.
After thinking about it, it can only be her since Elaine should be immortal. And there's no way Nakaba would kill Ban off screen. Jericho is fair game though. A well known character but not really important or popular enough that she can't be killed off.
Old 2022-02-03, 06:40   Link #318
DragonOsman
Dragon King

What if Nakaba went for the surprise element and actually did kill Ban off off screen? Or another possibility: he already retconned power levels from the looks of it, so what's stopping him from retconning Elaine's immortality (I hope this doesn't happen, though)?
Old 2022-02-05, 05:55   Link #319
WingedAccelerator

Forgot to mention, but because of Shining Road, I think it's not 100% that Lancelot is the mysterious knight with no fixed appearance, but the one with gold colored magic.

Maybe it's my nitpicky side, but no fixed appearance kind of suggests to me the knight is ever-changing, has a ton of appearances. Sin was fixed for majority of the time and he only momentarily transforms to his Lancelot form when needed.
Old 2022-02-08, 11:28   Link #320
marvelB

Next chapter is here! After a short scene with Arthur, We go back to Percy's group, where Lancelot formally introduces himself to the gang! Turns out, he's indeed a servant of the king of Liones! He also shows a bit of respect to his slain opponents by giving them a proper burial, interestingly enough (I assume those plant seeds will become relevant later on?). Suddenly, Pellegarde arrives, but rather than dealing with him, Lancelot merely opts to teleport the party... directly into Liones! And next chapter, they're going to visit the king....!!!!

However, we'll have to wait a couple weeks for that, because there's NO CHAPTER NEXT WEEK!