Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2022-01-27, 12:13   Link #24201
cyberdemon

I was wondering why her hair was silver again. Good to know
Old 2022-01-27, 13:20   Link #24202
borisdrakoni

Here's the short summary of the extra chapter spoilers. I ended up reading it first because I still want to finish Zero before I dive too deeply into volume 12.
Spoiler:
borisdrakoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-27, 18:32   Link #24203
Silvertail

So we finally learn how Kaori got Spirit Magic. Honestly, I've always wonder how she got it. As well, Shizuku can get it herself since she has clear 2 labyrinth and killed a apostle.
Silvertail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-27, 19:10   Link #24204
Draigathar

doubt anyone will be able to get spirit magic after the mountain blew up from Hajime bringing down the mountain
Draigathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-27, 21:35   Link #24205
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draigathar View Post
doubt anyone will be able to get spirit magic after the mountain blew up from Hajime bringing down the mountain
Maybe possible if the labyrinth is underground beneath the mountain instead of inside it
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-27, 21:46   Link #24206
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertail View Post
So we finally learn how Kaori got Spirit Magic. Honestly, I've always wonder how she got it. As well, Shizuku can get it herself since she has clear 2 labyrinth and killed a apostle.
I’m pretty sure I remember it being mentioned in the ln that her and shea went through the trial after her resurrection.

Edit: found it volume 6

Quote:
“Fortunately, both Yue and Shea had been able to acquire Spirit magic without any difficulties. Neither of them had ever believed in Ehit, so clearing that condition hadn’t been an issue.

They hadn’t proven that they’d destroyed any servants of the church though, so they’d been forced to go through the actual trial of the labyrinth, which consisted of various attempts to brainwash them into serving Ehit, alter their subconscious, lead them astray with visions, and all manner of misdirection and persuasion. Once they cleared that, they had to fight against illusions of past warriors from the church. Neither of those trials posed much of a problem for either Shea or Yue.”
Oh wait that doesn’t mention Kaori. Guess I just assumed that she did the same

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2022-01-27 at 21:57.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-30, 21:50   Link #24207
zztop

Arifureta's author confirmed that the future LN Vol 13 will be the last volume (of the main story).
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...volume/.182037

The question now is if Overlap will keep the hype going by publishing the afterstories.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-31, 15:37   Link #24208
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
The question now is if Overlap will keep the hype going by publishing the afterstories.
Even if we do get After Story serialized, i doubt we would be seeing it anytime before 2023.
I mean, in the recent AS Chapter, Author mentioned how after back-go-back two months of print releases, he plans to take a break and enjoy going through his backlog of games, which might even end up affecting his weekly WN releases.

Plus, i believe that, we are due for another "Short Story Collection" Volume, like one for Zero.
My guess is that, we would get "Short Story Collection - Zero" next, followed by "LN v13" and then "Short Story Collection v2", after which we would move to "After Story".

This way, Author would have plenty of time to somewhat organize and decide how he wants to release the "After Story", considering its a random collection of Events without any proper flow (though it is possible to arrange them).

Personally, i would like for him to release it based on Arc's which interconnects with each other, while still allowing flexibility.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")

Last edited by Huh...?; 2022-01-31 at 15:53.
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-31, 17:45   Link #24209
cyberdemon

I have to wonder. If hajime used restoration to regain his arm, what would it be like. Unlike his eye, he didn’t have his left arm when he had his first transformation. Would it be a puny human arm or would the restoration just assume it monsterfied as well? I know he opted to keep his metal arm but I can’t help but wonder.
Old 2022-01-31, 18:04   Link #24210
jagt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I have to wonder. If hajime used restoration to regain his arm, what would it be like. Unlike his eye, he didn’t have his left arm when he had his first transformation. Would it be a puny human arm or would the restoration just assume it monsterfied as well? I know he opted to keep his metal arm but I can’t help but wonder.
If Hajime wants a left arm made of flesh and as strong as his right one I think his best shot is a combination of metamorphosis magic and sublimation magic, taking cells from another parts of his body at the same time that he regenerates it and then overwrite the information of those cells with the reversed version of the one of his right arm, and I think he could do the same with his eye. But in Hajime's case I think he wasn't restoring his body because he thought it would like a way of denying the new him he grew into during his travel, and he didn't want that.
Old 2022-01-31, 21:27   Link #24211
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

Quote:
I recall that it was just he disguised them to look like a normal arm and eye and on the inside, they're still the same as when on Tortus. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though because it's been a long time now.
Old 2022-02-01, 10:36   Link #24212
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyureki View Post
I recall that it was just he disguised them to look like a normal arm and eye and on the inside, they're still the same as when on Tortus. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though because it's been a long time now.
You are correct, he kept both.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-01, 16:28   Link #24213
cyberdemon

I wasn’t really questioning that. Just curious about what his arm would be like if he ever got his flesh and blood arm back since he lost it prior to his first transformation. A human arm or a monsterfied one? His right eye was transformed before he lost it. So he could get it back anytime he wants it. But the same can’t be said about his left arm.
Old 2022-02-01, 17:39   Link #24214
Huh...?

Quote:
I wasn’t really questioning that. Just curious about what his arm would be like if he ever got his flesh and blood arm back since he lost it prior to his first transformation. A human arm or a monsterfied one? His right eye was transformed before he lost it. So he could get it back anytime he wants it. But the same can’t be said about his left arm.
I think it was mentioned that, if Hajime wanted to get his Arm back with the help of Regeneration Magic, his whole body would have to go through the Reversing process, which would turn his whole body back to how it used to be, not just his Arm. Which is why he rejected the idea.
Also, i don't think there is any way "yet" to regrow just a lost body part, especially one which had been lost for such a long time (that's why i think using Regeneration Magic to regenerate a lost body-part is better done as quickly as possible, so as to not lose too much stuff which were gained during the in-between time).

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-01, 18:17   Link #24215
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
I think it was mentioned that, if Hajime wanted to get his Arm back with the help of Regeneration Magic, his whole body would have to go through the Reversing process, which would turn his whole body back to how it used to be, not just his Arm. Which is why he rejected the idea.
Also, i don't think there is any way "yet" to regrow just a lost body part, especially one which had been lost for such a long time (that's why i think using Regeneration Magic to regenerate a lost body-part is better done as quickly as possible, so as to not lose too much stuff which were gained during the in-between time).
No, that's not how this works. Such a limitation has never been mentioned either, Hajime just mentioned that Kaori had grown enough to revert all the changes on his body if they so wished it. He rejected that for obvious reasons.

Quote:
My take on the matter is that Hajime's regrown arm would just adapt to the rest of his mutated body and undergo the same strengthening it did as soon as it gets regrown, although it might take some time for it to fully adapt. Don't forget that Hajime's regrown arm would still get pumped by his current blood and nourished by his current magic power like the rest of his body.

At the worst, Hajime would need to train for some time until the arm catches up to the rest of his body.
Old 2022-02-01, 22:47   Link #24216
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
No, that's not how this works. Such a limitation has never been mentioned either, Hajime just mentioned that Kaori had grown enough to revert all the changes on his body if they so wished it. He rejected that for obvious reasons.

My take on the matter is that Hajime's regrown arm would just adapt to the rest of his mutated body and undergo the same strengthening it did as soon as it gets regrown, although it might take some time for it to fully adapt. Don't forget that Hajime's regrown arm would still get pumped by his current blood and nourished by his current magic power like the rest of his body.

At the worst, Hajime would need to train for some time until the arm catches up to the rest of his body.
So he would need to redo that painful transformation process again. It might be limited to his left arm, but no wonder he decided to stick to the metal arm lol. Well that and metal arms are cool for chuunis lmao
Old 2022-02-04, 07:54   Link #24217
Algester

I'm on the theory its going to be more of a nuisance to him how some of his asenal actually makes use of his artificial arm as the basis so its not that he finds it uncomfortable is that he will have to rethink his arsenal from scratch if he has his biological parts back (he will also miss his mana seeking sight since its infused to his artificial eye)

IE he probably can't use his meltzen cannon since it actually transforms his metal arm into a cannon

tl;dr he became too complacent with his chuuni loadout he can't even bother to think "how bout going back"
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-04, 08:15   Link #24218
sierra117
Harem Seeker

It's understandable, after all that pothestic arm has all functions of a real arm and so much more, he doesn't have any particular need to have his original arm back
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-05, 01:48   Link #24219
Ophis
Dragon God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algester View Post
I'm on the theory its going to be more of a nuisance to him how some of his asenal actually makes use of his artificial arm as the basis so its not that he finds it uncomfortable is that he will have to rethink his arsenal from scratch if he has his biological parts back (he will also miss his mana seeking sight since its infused to his artificial eye)

IE he probably can't use his meltzen cannon since it actually transforms his metal arm into a cannon

tl;dr he became too complacent with his chuuni loadout he can't even bother to think "how bout going back"
Actually, Hajime outright explained why he didn't fix his arm and eye though, and it had nothing to do with his arsenal or about his chuuni either.

The reason Hajime kept his artificial arm and eye was to "not make light of his journey", as a reminder of what he went through.
Old 2022-02-05, 05:15   Link #24220
Algester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
Actually, Hajime outright explained why he didn't fix his arm and eye though, and it had nothing to do with his arsenal or about his chuuni either.

The reason Hajime kept his artificial arm and eye was to "not make light of his journey", as a reminder of what he went through.
ahh right basically his statement to Aiko "worked very hard" to its logical conclusion
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baka yuusha, chuunibyou, complete, demons, dimension traveling, fantasy, firearms, harem, isekai, magitech, rabbitgirl, summoned, true harem, tsundere male mc, webnovel