Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-02-09, 14:12   Link #81
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
So, basically what you're saying is, people can't be sad about taking a life when they resolved to do so before hand. Well wrap it up boys, blitz1/2 here just solved all our war veterans PTSD issues. We just need to walk up to them and say: "You KNEW this would happen, you could have held back but didn't. So why are you sad that you ended a life when you could have avoided this dilemma."

You know, for most normal people, taking a life makes them sad, even if they felt it was necessary. Sure, Cayna was leagues above him in power, but why exactly should she have spared the bandit leader? He showed zero remorse for taking lives and still continued to fight despite being so obviously outmatched.

Plain and simple: Morality is easy when you aren't the one in the Driver's seat.
Because the problem is that she is so powerful in that its not even a kill or be killed situation, the bandit was focused on the MC, nobody else. Now, let's change gears a bit. IF the bandit mage had a spell in which everybody else will be engulfed in flames and the death of the caster is the only way to cancel the spell. Ok I will give it a pass.

Its like I have a gun and I can shoot to disable, but no let me switch to a bazooka and get super depressed when I realize that I blew somebody to smithereens despite knowing I had a bazooka

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-09, 14:29   Link #82
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Its like I have a gun and I can shoot to disable, but no let me switch to a bazooka and get super depressed when I realize that I blew somebody to smithereens despite knowing I had a bazooka
No, no, no, absolutely fucking not. You have zero understanding and of both guns and lives based of what you said. In Hollywood you can shoot to disable. In reality, in real life, you do not point a gun at someone and pull the trigger unless you have resolved to take their life. Guns or more accurately, bullets, do an insane and unpredictable amount of damage to the body.

I love these arguments, " You could have just shot them in the leg!" Guess what, you hit their Femoral Artery, now they bleed out before help can arrive. "Well what about the shoulder?" Well, now the bullet has ricocheted off the cluster of bones in their shoulder deeper into their body, now they bleed out internally and still die.

Please do not ever make an argument with "shoot to disable" ever again. It is one of the dumbest arguments out there and the only reason it exists is because of Hollywood/TV.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-09, 14:34   Link #83
blitz1/2

Quote:
No, no, no, absolutely fucking not. You have zero understanding and of both guns and lives based of what you said. In Hollywood you can shoot to disable. In reality, in real life, you do not point a gun at someone and pull the trigger unless you have resolved to take their life. Guns or more accurately, bullets, do an insane and unpredictable amount of damage to the body.

I love these arguments, " You could have just shot them in the leg!" Guess what, you hit their Femoral Artery, now they bleed out before help can arrive. "Well what about the shoulder?" Well, now the bullet has ricocheted off the cluster of bones in their shoulder deeper into their body, now they bleed out internally and still die.

Please do not ever make an argument with "shoot to disable" ever again. It is one of the dumbest arguments out there and the only reason it exists is because of Hollywood/TV.
Ok, fine. Let's not use guns then. Whats stopping cayna from freezing the bandits legs? And also we are getting side tracked here. While this is a part 1, as I said before its her actions toward the player opponent this ep she was dealing with here. She has this moral crusade about this is real life and such, but is resolved to killing a helpless (at least in her eyes) opponent in her eyes that she just said those actions were considered as evil.

Its not even like arifureta Hajime, in which he knows he has enemies, you get in his way, he will kill you.

Old 2022-02-09, 14:40   Link #84
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Ok, fine. Let's not use guns then. Whats stopping cayna from freezing the bandits legs? And also we are getting side tracked here. While this is a part 1, as I said before its her actions toward the player opponent this ep she was dealing with here. She has this moral crusade about this is real life and such, but is resolved to killing a helpless (at least in her eyes) opponent in her eyes that she just said those actions were considered as evil.

Its not even like arifureta Hajime, in which he knows he has enemies, you get in his way, he will kill you.
The opponent is only helpless when compared to her; someone, who by comparison to the world she is in, would dwarf Ains from Overlord. She even stated at 10% capacity, he could still overpower and kill all those soldiers, including her Granddaughter.

Do I want him dead? No. Do I want Cayna to kill him? Also no. Do I understand why it might be necessary? Absolutely. Infact I would probably take the kid dying over his current situation. Locked up in a dungeon, scared and confused
Old 2022-02-09, 16:08   Link #85
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Beyond being all kind of vengeful justice or whatever its weird how uninterested Cayna is about the first player she's running into. I'm used to isekai dodging specifics but its still puzzling that she doesn't seem to care about his IRL situation or how long he's been resurrected or anything. I guess I should be used to the tone in this series being all over the place but... I guess I'm not.

The fairy was kind of interesting, anyway, with the whole mimicking thing.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-09, 16:44   Link #86
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
The opponent is only helpless when compared to her; someone, who by comparison to the world she is in, would dwarf Ains from Overlord. She even stated at 10% capacity, he could still overpower and kill all those soldiers, including her Granddaughter.

Do I want him dead? No. Do I want Cayna to kill him? Also no. Do I understand why it might be necessary? Absolutely. Infact I would probably take the kid dying over his current situation. Locked up in a dungeon, scared and confused
Most definitely agree here. Being nothing more than a kid that likes to play the role of a PK'er, he is lacking the idea of responsibility when it comes to his actions and, as such, is someone that could be considered too much of a threat to Leadale if left to his own devices. While regular justice is the right thing to do, there are times where someone has to be executed for the greater good of the land.
Old 2022-02-09, 17:17   Link #87
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Being nothing more than a kid that likes to play the role of a PK'er, he is lacking the idea of responsibility when it comes to his actions
I would consider that normal though. He's too young to realize that he wasn't in a game anymore. Anyone could have come to the same conclusion and actions. The problem here is that it's a child and this entire situation is not his fault.
Old 2022-02-09, 20:31   Link #88
Itlandm
Porcupine

Clearly the morale is "don't let kids play MMORPGs".

Also, how does she know that players don't respawn? True, the towers are abandoned, but it seems this happened before or during the closing of the game, and it is entirely possible that some of the players will return when they leave their earthly life. Which raises the question of why Demon Kid is there. It is very strongly implied in the anime that she died due to a blackout taking down her life support while she slept. So there is no reason to think the kid has a body waiting for him in Real Life either. Would he really not notice that he died? Would he not notice that he hadn't seen his family for a while? Something is very odd about this - probably because the author is kind of dumb and never thought this through.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-10, 01:01   Link #89
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Beyond being all kind of vengeful justice or whatever its weird how uninterested Cayna is about the first player she's running into. I'm used to isekai dodging specifics but its still puzzling that she doesn't seem to care about his IRL situation or how long he's been resurrected or anything. I guess I should be used to the tone in this series being all over the place but... I guess I'm not.

The fairy was kind of interesting, anyway, with the whole mimicking thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
Clearly the morale is "don't let kids play MMORPGs".

Also, how does she know that players don't respawn? True, the towers are abandoned, but it seems this happened before or during the closing of the game, and it is entirely possible that some of the players will return when they leave their earthly life. Which raises the question of why Demon Kid is there. It is very strongly implied in the anime that she died due to a blackout taking down her life support while she slept. So there is no reason to think the kid has a body waiting for him in Real Life either. Would he really not notice that he died? Would he not notice that he hadn't seen his family for a while? Something is very odd about this - probably because the author is kind of dumb and never thought this through.
I think both of these quotes tie together into the fact that Cayna is remarkably incurious about everything. Apart from looking for the towers she has made no effort to find out what is going on in the world around her. She has not asked anyone for history lessons about what the former NPC's think happened in the past or done any experiments to see what has changed about the world. And now she has found another player and basically ignored him.

It is almost like she does not want to know what is going on.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-10, 02:03   Link #90
VDZ

Quote:
The problem here is that it's a child and this entire situation is not his fault.
Sometimes you need to be pragmatic. The kid is a ticking time bomb; he's already responsible for plenty of murders (probably murdered quite a few himself) and if he breaks free he might well murder many more real, actual people. Just because his actions are understandable to some degree does not mean nothing should be done about him. Even in real life modern society, legal insanity still gets you locked up in a mental hospital. In a society where no such thing exists, and no means are available to keep the criminal in check, summary execution seems like the most reasonable option.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-10, 03:03   Link #91
Friday
Im shy too...

ep6

behold!!!!

the power of your Grandmother!!!!

look how she made them Golem into pebbles...ha! ha! ha!
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-10, 10:42   Link #92
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 6:

glad it's not another episode of Cayna being violent to her family members. So not dropping this yet.

so it's a choice of killing the kid or strapping him into bondage torture for who knows how long. Ok, so they chose the bondage, because the law is the law. Imo this is a disaster waiting to happen, if he somehow get's loose and Cayna isn't around.. people in the kingdom are going to get killed or worse.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-11, 17:46   Link #93
Strahan

Funny, this episode the familial abuse is backwards. I'd be irritated if I were Cayna that whats-her-face decided to stop Cayna by shooting an arrow right at her. Like, you couldn't just yell "stop"? I think that'd at least call for the good ole' anime "head chop" lol.

As to demon guy, personally, I think he should just be taken out. It's not like you're killing a poor defenseless child. It's a super powerful (relative to the regular populace) person without a developed sense of reason or morality. I bet this will be shown to end badly in a few eps.

I laughed out loud at the fairy echoing Cayna's evil glare at the end, that was pretty funny
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-11, 18:00   Link #94
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Skargo might get mad if he learns another family member shot an arrow at his mom.
Old 2022-02-14, 14:46   Link #95
blitz1/2

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Skargo might get mad if he learns another family member shot an arrow at his mom.
At least it's not in the leg....

Old 2022-02-17, 05:34   Link #96
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 7:

boring episode,, only thing interesting is the monster created by accident near the end.

Quote:
At least it's not in the leg....
we now know what happens if Cayna get's angry, she would have terrible punishment for Caerina if she had hit her in the leg or any part of the body.

just look how shocked the other soldiers are. It's obvious none of them would have dared shoot an arrow at Cayna. lol

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2022-02-17 at 05:54.
Old 2022-02-17, 07:09   Link #97
Dop
Mmmm....

The moral of this week's episode is "Be careful how you dispose of your weird-looking failed potions". Was pretty obvious throwing it in the trashpile would not end well!

Introducing two more players was probably the most important thing in this episode.

To be honest, I think the only reason I'm still watching this is because it's on a day when I've got nothing better to do.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-24, 08:07   Link #98
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 8:

Shining Saber and Choral showing off some manliness. They bravely fought the giant penguin monster that outclass them. Yeah, it's funny because it's a penguin, but it's also terrifying - that thing eats people alive. Both SS and Choral would have died fighting that thing if Cayna was a few moments late - fortunately, she arrived on time.

it's nice to see that there are good natured players also in this world. Shining Saber is level 427, and Choral is 392... the demon kid from a previous episode is level 432. if demon kid somehow escape prison, the two of them can fight him.
Old 2022-03-01, 11:39   Link #99
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-15 at 15:04.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-05, 10:40   Link #100
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 9:

food is important part in certain rpg's. Glad it's discussed a bit here too.

Cayna promise to fly with Lytt. I do wonder if she will use that silver ring to fly?