AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-04-09, 17:35   Link #61
magnuskn

Basically I'm waiting for the "what a tweeeest!" moment, when the obviously evil old grandma bishop becomes so evil that the MC can't ignore it anymore and then has to choose to help her new friend or follow dogma.
Old 2022-04-10, 06:59   Link #62
Liddo-kun
is this so?

forgot to say on my previous post.. it felt a bit grim when Menou and Akari are having casual talk eating breakfast, while isekai boy is dead and buried just outside. And I had to laugh a bit when Menou said that "he did not survive his injuries". lol
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-10, 16:42   Link #63
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I feel like there has to be cause for them to be spared at times. Otherwise, why even try to get that guy to figure out how his power worked when you could just kill him the moment you met him? Or at least, the moment you got word from him that he doesn't know his power.

Either it's based on how much the power could be used for destruction (he qualifies) or how they intend to use it (he definitely seemed like he was about to tilt into villain territory, conveniently enough). Or they just completely didn't think of it at all and just wanted to "surprise" readers/viewers after having a chance to explore the world setting a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
It possible that she was planning to kill him regardless but wanted to know what his power is (a) to make herself feel better about killing him by knowing he had a dangerous ability or (b) she was worried that his power might suddenly activate when she tried to kill him so she wanted to know what it was in advance or (c) she wanted to make sure he was completely distracted.
Say you attack one of those without know their power. The attack trigger the power or coincidentally the power awakens in that very moment, the power is passive and always active and you don't know it, so say Isekai-kun have super regeneration and gets up, the power to reflect things and you receive the stab instead or you basically tried to stab Superman. Anyway you are gonna have a very angry (understably) walking nuke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Killing someone because of words they say is still 100% unjustifiable though?
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Well, if your experience is that another one of those people blew up your entire village (presumably your parents and siblings, too), I'd say it colors the experience.

And, yes, it's still unjustifiable to kill him on suspicion. It's pretty clear to me that the organization the MC belongs to is "secretly" evil and that will be the redemption arc for her. You can say that's an okay way to tell the story or not. I'm pretty ambivalent about it as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
If someone ripped me from my family and then left me to starve in a ditch I would want to get back at them as well. Do I need to be killed? And would you still be trying to justify it if the killer was a middle aged man?
It's not justifiable and the show itself doesn't try to paint is as such. They only don't know better (with the info we have for now). For such, they call themselves the villains.

And actually, what more can you do for it? they are walking nukes, the only other choice is...trust in them, trust than they don't do anything bad (this without taking into account the bit of the power literally pollute the mind).

If the thing about the great dissasters is true you at least can see where they come from. Still sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
the sad thing is he died before being able to have a harem like other male isekai protag. The first member of his "harem" assassinated him. lol
Sucks to be a male in a yuri show, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
forgot to say on my previous post.. it felt a bit grim when Menou and Akari are having casual talk eating breakfast, while isekai boy is dead and buried just outside. And I had to laugh a bit when Menou said that "he did not survive his injuries". lol
Well, that bit is true.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-10, 16:54   Link #64
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
It's not justifiable and the show itself doesn't try to paint is as such. They only don't know better (with the info we have for now). For such, they call themselves the villains.

And actually, what more can you do for it? they are walking nukes, the only other choice is...trust in them, trust than they don't do anything bad (this without taking into account the bit of the power literally pollute the mind).

If the thing about the great dissasters is true you at least can see where they come from. Still sucks.
They're working under the assumption (maybe justified) that no matter how innocuous the ability, and well-meaning its user, the longer you wait, the more powerful and unstable it becomes. To the point that having the wrong thought at the wrong time means a nuke goes off in their cardboard world. And who can say they'll never have a stray thought?

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2022-04-11 at 03:54.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-10, 18:21   Link #65
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
Say you attack one of those without know their power. The attack trigger the power or coincidentally the power awakens in that very moment, the power is passive and always active and you don't know it, so say Isekai-kun have super regeneration and gets up, the power to reflect things and you receive the stab instead or you basically tried to stab Superman. Anyway you are gonna have a very angry (understably) walking nuke.
yeah, agreed on the explanation. Not safe to surprise stab someone with unknown super powers the moment you see them. It's a golden rule to know what the target is capable of first.

if Menou had stabbed him right away when she saw him in town, the entire town could have been eradicated if his power is something that explodes if the user dies.
Old 2022-04-15, 19:50   Link #66
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep3:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-16, 02:20   Link #67
moridin84
Custom User Title

I like episode 3 a lot more than episode 2.

And things become more interesting if Akari is basically a Subaru, and has all knowledge of previous regressions. In episode 2, after reviving she said "oh wow, I must have tripped or something" which in hindsight is the exact same kind of dumbass excuse that Subaru would give in that situation.

Then again, It could be that she doesn't have memories but just "feelings" that she acts after being revived.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-16, 05:15   Link #68
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 3:

Menou is really nice this episode, just beat up the terrorists instead of killing them. Sadly, they are a suicide group who sacrificed themselves to form a monster.

my respect for Menou has increased because she spent effort saving the drivers, and other passengers in the train, risked her life in the process as well.

when Menou connected to Akari.. instead of feeling pain, looks like Akari was actually feeling good from it. LOL

Momo is brutal with sawing someone's head off. ><

looking forward to next week!

I'm now satisfied. Gonna buy some things from CDJapan to give a little support to this anime.
Old 2022-04-16, 09:17   Link #69
GDB

I kind of wish it had shown SOMEONE or SOMETHING getting absorbed by that red knight. Menou seemed to imply that was its biggest threat, yet we never saw it doing that. The drivers even just ran right by it and nothing happened. It didn't absorb the core reactor nor the ether from it. It was only a threat because we were told it was a threat.

Even when Menou tried to force it to absorb her spell, it tried to reject it. Kind of asinine.

And yeah, I fully expect Akari has her memories ala Subaru. The other three characters we saw retained some semblance of things going weird time-wise, so it would only make sense that Akari herself does since she did it. Would make her a more interesting character too.

Makes me wonder if her saying "anymore" was a reference to that and she actually rewound things far further back than the blip would make you think.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-16, 12:15   Link #70
Znail

I think Akari dutifully waited where told until the train exploded, then rewound time causing the glitch and that made her come up and check if she could help. The timing of her arrival and the minor time warp fits.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-19, 17:53   Link #71
Rasty

I hate the whole concept of "having power is too dangerous, let's get rid of it", but I am pretty much enjoying the show. Especially how Akari is tormenting Menon by being so pure and airheaded.

I am really interested in whether Akari really remembers what happened or not. If she doesn't we likely can likely expect her powers to evolve later and her suddenly find out what was happening around her and how she deals with it.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-22, 12:11   Link #72
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Does the church qualify as evil yet?

I couldn't help but think of Kiritusugu Emiya's backstory the entire episode.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-22, 18:03   Link #73
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 4:

some information on Menou's past. She ha s a good teacher.

and Akari getting mad for not having a date. lol

looking forward to next week!
Old 2022-04-29, 12:21   Link #74
Alchemist007
*Author

Palpatine moves into action.
Old 2022-04-29, 14:21   Link #75
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Only three certainties in life: death, taxes, and the church being evil.

I think princess and Momo might actually be the superior yuri pair.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-29, 15:49   Link #76
Ghostfriendly

Good series so far. A decent low-key satire of generic Isekai, without excessively focusing on such silliness. Better focus on magical action and reliable woes of a girl assassin. I suppose this trope is popular since these ladies are removed from control and exploitation of familiar gender roles, but still familiarly controlled and exploited by normally male-led criminal systems. Which they can satisfyingly overcome and destroy, in context removed enough from normal oppression of women to be less scary. Evil old woman jealous of youth is pretty traditional, although I thought she might only be going too far for good ends, in some secret way worse than killing doomsday children, rather than being purely selfish.

Lovely chemistry between the sharp-tongued stoic and pouting cutie, with serious drama possibilities. Another Kuroko-style lesbian-stalker is a pity, but I didn't find Kuroko unbearable, and Momo isn't as bad as she was. As mentioned, her love-hate with the strong, sharp-witted and sexy heroic princess is a most refreshing element.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-29, 18:06   Link #77
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 5:

amazing episode. That old woman had a counter to the sonic attack. And I'm surprised that Menou's scripture can be used as a bomb as well. lol

so sweet when Menou crafted a headband for Akari.

evil church people.. they need to be punished!

very much looking forward to next week.
Old 2022-05-02, 10:12   Link #78
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-15 at 09:04.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-02, 19:30   Link #79
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Does the church qualify as evil yet?
It is my understanding, based on this thread to date, that the answer is 'yes'; preemptive executions based solely on what the victim might do tend to qualify... and that's before such issues as genuine mistakes and frame-ups (and accepting such as 'incidental costs' also helps get one on the evil list), never mind that you could have a situation where someone defending themselves from, frankly, an unprovoked attack brings about the very disaster their murder was supposed to prevent. This can overlap with the 'Dead Hand'-type situation Liddo-kun points out...

The argument being used by this church wouldn't be too out of place coming from someone like 'Reverened' Stryker, leader of the infamous Purifiers. And if this church is operating with state backing? That sounds like the alternate future depicted in 'Days of Future Past'.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-02, 19:47   Link #80
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
It is my understanding, based on this thread to date, that the answer is 'yes'; preemptive executions based solely on what the victim might do tend to qualify... and that's before such issues as genuine mistakes and frame-ups (and accepting such as 'incidental costs' also helps get one on the evil list), never mind that you could have a situation where someone defending themselves from, frankly, an unprovoked attack brings about the very disaster their murder was supposed to prevent. This can overlap with the 'Dead Hand'-type situation Liddo-kun points out...

The argument being used by this church wouldn't be too out of place coming from someone like 'Reverened' Stryker, leader of the infamous Purifiers. And if this church is operating with state backing? That sounds like the alternate future depicted in 'Days of Future Past'.
A society that tolerates individuals with WMDs in their heads are not going to last long. Society isn't about good or evil. It's about survival.