AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-04-03, 17:08   Link #21
Huh...?

Feel that, the presences of Anime Series like "Komi" & "Dress-Up" (since those two are also set in High School) is really going to hurt the rating of this Series.

For now, the fluffiness and cuteness of this Series seems similar to "Drugstore in Another World".

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-03, 21:29   Link #22
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It is quite fluffy, but that's basically it. Rikei Ga Koi's Season 2 debut got a more positive reaction from me. Note to self: do not marathon the show or miss any episodes; it might be hard to catch up with the current vibes of it.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-08, 13:48   Link #23
Frontier

Well, opening up with Aharen-san beat up is definitely one way to start things out...only it turns out she beat herself up instead of getting beat up because she only had one eye, but I love how Raido thought if she got in a fight that she probably won .

Aharen is slippery, even when receiving eye drops she knows she needs, but good on Raido for giving them to her! Although Aharen trying to return the favor was...less than successful .

Now Aharen is being bashful about how closes their faces are to each other? Is she becoming more aware of her feelings ?

I love how Raido thinks someone is following him and immediately assumes it's a hitman out for payback over some minor thing he did as a kid .

So it turns out the girl who has been stalking the pair is none other than Oshiro, Aharen's tall, busty, easy to embarrass, yet kindhearted childhood friend voiced by MAO! And she normally takes care of Aharen and protects her, but she's so terrified of Aharen that she can only stalk the pair of them. Which includes following Raido into the toilet and urinal, but she's so bashful that she always has her eyes closed and probably didn't see anything .

Aharen picked a bad time to get sick and have to wear a mask, as Raido forgets to zip his fly up and Aharen has to hilariously try to give him a clue while covering his crotch lest everybody see his strawberry undies. All it took was his sister finally telling him for Raido to realize what happened, and how badly he misread Aharen. And did he take an entire day off from school to recover from the shock ?

Oshiro trying in vain to give Aharen an umbrella was pretty adorable and hilarious, especially when Aharen becomes so terrified of the phantom umbrella that she just locks it up in a shrine that's still their on her desk the next day .

I'm glad Oshiro and Aharen were able to spend time together and walk home in the rain, even if their height difference makes it difficult to share an umbrella. But Aharen got a chance to properly thank Oshiro for looking out for her and Oshiro gets to run away in shock when she realizes Aharen noticed her stalking. Good excuse to use binoculars then .

Who is the true master at playing Reversi? Turns out it's Aharen-san, even if she doesn't go all out until Raido implores her too...and he loses and loses until he runs out the clock and just calls it a draw. Nice save, Raido .
Old 2022-04-08, 14:42   Link #24
grecefar

not as fluffy as the first chapter- I truly don't like when they drag "problems" that can be solved with a fer words, aharen could just gave him a paper telling him about the zipper and childhood friend just could ask about the umbrella is not like she can't talk to her since she was okey in the roof, they just dragged all that for fun but it was mostly annoying.

still I'll keep going for the fluff.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-08, 18:43   Link #25
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I loved the second episode. Some really nice gags here and there. I guess my only complaint is that the new girl's "quirk" isn't that funny. She's basically a well intentioned stalker. Aharen and Raido continue to play off each other well, and that's more than enough.
Old 2022-04-08, 19:51   Link #26
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Kind of cute still but the comedy just wasn't clicking for me. I might be dropping this one.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-09, 17:04   Link #27
James Rye

Those two socially awkward people really fit another, Raidou who got barely any facial expression and Ahren who can barely talk loudly. He's a man of sheer will and commitment though (and a lot of fantasy) so he manged to befriend her on the first day of school! GJ, bro!

Though I expect the whole class to believe those two to be a couple considering their lack of distance, eating lunch together, Ahren making him Bento, etc.
Old 2022-04-09, 18:33   Link #28
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Though I expect the whole class to believe those two to be a couple considering their lack of distance, eating lunch together, Ahren making him Bento, etc.
Well, it's probably just a matter of time until they do become a couple, anyway.
Old 2022-04-09, 21:14   Link #29
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Will admit the last part was probably my favourite. Raidou having such a great sense of competitive spirit...until he started getting absolutely crushed. To the point where he dragged out his last move and tried to call a match that he was getting demolished a draw . His immaturity is a nice touch.

The stalker really doesn't add much to this. It's always nice when a show has a good supporting cast. But if the supporting cast kind of sucks...it really is better to just go tunnel vision and focus entirely on the main couple. Even though she's a relatively nice stalker...that really doesn't help.
Old 2022-04-10, 01:08   Link #30
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

When do stalker characters ever add anything to anything?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-10, 03:24   Link #31
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Well, it's probably just a matter of time until they do become a couple, anyway.
More like it is a done deal they get married and have a bunch of expressionless children. <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Will admit the last part was probably my favourite. Raidou having such a great sense of competitive spirit...until he started getting absolutely crushed. To the point where he dragged out his last move and tried to call a match that he was getting demolished a draw . His immaturity is a nice touch.

The stalker really doesn't add much to this. It's always nice when a show has a good supporting cast. But if the supporting cast kind of sucks...it really is better to just go tunnel vision and focus entirely on the main couple. Even though she's a relatively nice stalker...that really doesn't help.
Yeah, I liked that part as well. You clearly see that he lost and then he goes "how unfortunate" and "let's call it a draw" when it is obvious he got crushed. Seems being a sore loser runs in the family though at least he hasn't flipped the table like his sister did.^^

So far the little sister added more due her brutal honesty which crushed her Nii-chan's spirit after realizing he has shown the world his strawberry underwear the whole day and he misunderstood Ahren trying to save his dignity. Well, Stalker-san can still add more in future episodes though, still a young series after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
When do stalker characters ever add anything to anything?
In this case it added an umbrella.
Old 2022-04-10, 05:13   Link #32
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The open fly chapter was easily the funniest of the first two eps for me. I especially loved Aharen's reaction when Raidou came out of the john with his fly still down (how does that even happen?).
Old 2022-04-10, 06:51   Link #33
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
The open fly chapter was easily the funniest of the first two eps for me. I especially loved Aharen's reaction when Raidou came out of the john with his fly still down (how does that even happen?).
Yep, that was definitely the best. Aharen had to get pretty creative at times so others wouldn't notice.
Old 2022-04-15, 17:01   Link #34
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The comedy is really doing it for me. It's been a while since an anime has made me laugh this much. Raido's got a pretty vivid imagination, he always comes up with the weirdest explanations for why Aharen looks like this or that. The part where he was trying to make Aharen be able to see the blackboard was hilarious.

Cute little dance for the ED, but it doesn't beat the OG Chino.
Old 2022-04-15, 20:06   Link #35
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yeah, deal closed for me too. Those two goofballs are just so loveable.
Old 2022-04-15, 20:51   Link #36
Wandering Soul

The two leads deserve each other, their both two lovable idiots. I love how the idea of becoming popular tubers together made more sense than just hanging out with Aharen during lunch or after school.
Old 2022-04-15, 21:55   Link #37
grecefar

you gotta love raidou imagination.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-15, 23:43   Link #38
Frontier

With the way anime hair usually is, it's kind of funny to see how they depict bedhead as being so dramatically exaggerated .

I love how Raidou assumes Aharen is into heavy metal...and then she immediately headbangs as if on cue. Why are you dissatisfied with society, Aharen-san ?

I also love how Raidou is used to Osorogi enough to know she's just hanging around them, and she's eventually won over by her need to take care of Aharen...and she's a master stylist/makeover artist and gives Aharen the full treatment. It even seems like she and Raidou are closing the distance between each other, bit by bit .

The quest to find the best spot for Aharen to see the board! I love the crazy antics these two get into in class .

Raidou determined to play a serious ballgame with Aharen and she just...does her Aharen thing and gets to walk .

Raidou is surprisingly obsessed with being a youtuber, given his previous failure and now becoming so focused on Aharen's dance routine that he imagins it's their ticket to stardom. And all it gets them is one like .

Raidou made this big fuss over the fact that they were changing seats and wouldn't be sitting next to each other and how that would impact their relationship...and nothing changes. Main character powers at their finest .

Gotta love how they animated a full Aharen dance sequence for the ED .
Old 2022-04-16, 20:31   Link #39
Itlandm
Porcupine

I was worried for a little while that the embarrassment might break this series, but somehow it works. I guess they are both used to dealing with it and are actually feeling less embarrassed now that they have someone to share their quirks with.

I don't really sense much of a romantic vibe at this point, perhaps because Aharen-san is so small and childlike. The contrast to her stalker friend does not help in that regard.

Big thumbs up for having a realistic younger sister, long may it last!
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-17, 11:00   Link #40
James Rye

Raidou's imagination is the selling point for this series. Aharen just going about her usual bed hair, can't see blackboard or having a P.E. assignment business and Raidou goes full "SHE'S REBELLING AGAINST SOCIETY!!!" in his fantasy. Dude should become a writer or something like that, would put his talents to use as apparently dancing for Youtube videos ain't his call. xD