AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-06-24, 22:41   Link #201
Frontier

Kurumi's great but I still think every DAL girl is a Best Girl in her own right .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I am honestly (pleasantly) surprised that they went for full buck naked Kurumi here after all the toning down of the fanservice this season. Apparently it pays off to be the most popular character of the series.
But I haven’t seen the episode yet, so did Kurumi still get on top of Shidou offering herself to him? I bet that’s the part they held back.
I don't think so, she pretty much just stood around naked and waiting for Shido to do something .

It's like they deprived us of naked Nia and Mukuro but knew they couldn't get away with withoholding naked Kurumi .
Old 2022-06-24, 23:26   Link #202
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Kurumi's great but I still think every DAL girl is a Best Girl in her own right .
As I said way back when in the LN thread, I like all the girls, I just have an order of who I like more.

Quote:
I don't think so, she pretty much just stood around naked and waiting for Shido to do something .
Yeah I just saw the episode. In the LN Kurumi mounted Shidou while offering her body to him. Here she just stood in front of him, and her arms blocked a full unobstructed view of her chest. (in the LN, only her hair covered her front) I knew they would censor or tone it down in some way(s).
On the other hand, Kurumi stripped down completely in the episode and we literally got a full rear view.

NSFW
How it was in the novel (shrunk a bit to fit screen)
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
It's like they deprived us of naked Nia and Mukuro but knew they couldn't get away with withoholding naked Kurumi .
Yeah, it definitely wouldn’t have been well-received if they held back too much on that scene.

Last edited by Shinji103; 2022-06-24 at 23:37.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-25, 06:57   Link #203
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
As I said way back when in the LN thread, I like all the girls, I just have an order of who I like more.
It's the same for me. It's just that as far as the grander narrative is concerned, they seem irrelevant at the moment. Just girls who happened to become spirits and whose main purpose is to fill up Shido's harem and give him more power. In order of relevancy: Kurumi -> Origami -> Kotori -> Tohka (will probably move up when her past is finally revealed) -> Nia -> the rest.

I think the one who really gets the short hand of the stick is Mana. She's not a spirit and she barely ever shows up to the point some people forgot she even existed
Old 2022-06-25, 07:15   Link #204
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
If there is anybody left who still doesn't think Kurumi is the best girl after this episode, they are hopeless.
She has so much more depth than the other girls, and she also has the best looks by far and personality by far (but those are up to taste).
Before this I would've argued that the best arc any girl had in the anime would've been Origami's, even though season 3's overall pacing and quality was very iffy to say the least, but s4 has been better overall and this arc certainly made me reconsider who the best girl is, and is almost on par with Origami's arc although not enough to unseat my favorite so Origami is still the best girl

As for Tohka, I'll always like her better when she's serious before she got "tamed" or when she's inversed, I don't really care about the childish Tohka we have right now.

On another completely different topic though, I didn't think that some of the best shows that aired in spring 2013 would still be discussed and relevant 9 years later. Attack on Titan, Date A Live and Hataraku Maou-sama all started airing that season, and now we're getting Maou-sama's continuation next season
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-25, 07:48   Link #205
Estzero1

Quote:
I think the one who really gets the short hand of the stick is Mana. She's not a spirit and she barely ever shows up to the point some people forgot she even existed
She would have had more screentime in S3 if they didn't mess up Vol.12. She will be in season 5, to say the least.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-25, 08:28   Link #206
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Yaaay! S5 confirmed by end of episode.

Quote:
So Mio is the Phantom and quite obviously Reine, no mistaking that hair and voice. I didn't catch on to her last name, if she's Shido's mother it would certainly explain his powers.
My favorite part of DAL committee.

Audience can notice Reine is Phantom miles before if audience noticed Reine is the one doing narration for both anime and games since S1.

Old 2022-06-25, 08:42   Link #207
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
My favorite part of DAL committee.

Audience can notice Reine is Phantom miles before if audience noticed Reine is the one doing narration for both anime and games since S1.

But the narration is done by Mitsuishi Kotono, who isn't any character
Old 2022-06-25, 08:54   Link #208
Estzero1

Yeah, it definitely wasn't Aya Endo .

Old 2022-06-25, 09:17   Link #209
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
But the narration is done by Mitsuishi Kotono, who isn't any character
After checking again, my mistakes.

She's doing the narration mostly for games that only Phantom would be aware of setting.
My memories mixed as I recalled somewhere on DAL that Aya Endo appeared in credits as ??? that kinda give away she's Phantom.

Old 2022-06-25, 09:23   Link #210
Frontier

I'm still waiting to see if they'll have Kotono Mitsuishi turn up as an actual Spirit anyways .
Quote:
It's the same for me. It's just that as far as the grander narrative is concerned, they seem irrelevant at the moment. Just girls who happened to become spirits and whose main purpose is to fill up Shido's harem and give him more power. In order of relevancy: Kurumi -> Origami -> Kotori -> Tohka (will probably move up when her past is finally revealed) -> Nia -> the rest.

I think we still got some nice moments with them, particularly in the fairy tale episode, and Miku always stands out a lot .
Old 2022-06-26, 07:17   Link #211
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I'm still waiting to see if they'll have Kotono Mitsuishi turn up as an actual Spirit anyways .

I think we still got some nice moments with them, particularly in the fairy tale episode, and Miku always stands out a lot .
As was revealed on the other page, we’re done introducing Spirits now.

This leaves us with two older girls (Miku and Nia), five girls Shido’s age (Tohka, Origami, Kurumi, Kaguya, Yuzuru), and four middle schoolers (Yoshino, Kotori, Natsumi, Mukuro). Which is quite balanced for a harem.
That said, originally, Mukuro was going to be one year younger than Shido, rather than the same age as Yoshino, Kotori, and Natsumi, but Tsunako pointed out that we didn’t have a busty middle schooler yet, and that Mayuri is already a Spirit one year younger than Shido (in terms of appearance) so he changed it.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-26, 09:13   Link #212
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rose Princess View Post
As was revealed on the other page, we’re done introducing Spirits now.

This leaves us with two older girls (Miku and Nia), five girls Shido’s age (Tohka, Origami, Kurumi, Kaguya, Yuzuru), and four middle schoolers (Yoshino, Kotori, Natsumi, Mukuro). Which is quite balanced for a harem.
That said, originally, Mukuro was going to be one year younger than Shido, rather than the same age as Yoshino, Kotori, and Natsumi, but Tsunako pointed out that we didn’t have a busty middle schooler yet, and that Mayuri is already a Spirit one year younger than Shido (in terms of appearance) so he changed it.
Tsunako true artist of culture .
Old 2022-06-26, 12:22   Link #213
Ragna92

Quote:
NSFW

Yeah, it definitely wouldn’t have been well-received if they held back too much on that scene.
Was really looking forward to that scene. Kind of sad it wasn't shown
Old 2022-06-26, 18:22   Link #214
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragna92 View Post
Was really looking forward to that scene. Kind of sad it wasn't shown
Just look at it differently. In the end we got the best of both worlds .

Since the announcement for S5 came immediately and with Danmachi starting next month I can't be the only who would like them to collab in an anime. Danmemo showed these two francises work well together. Heck, with a 3rd installment teased, why not do it on a bigger screen. Should be worth it.

Old 2022-06-27, 09:23   Link #215
Frontier

Quote:
Yeah I just saw the episode. In the LN Kurumi mounted Shidou while offering her body to him. Here she just stood in front of him, and her arms blocked a full unobstructed view of her chest. (in the LN, only her hair covered her front) I knew they would censor or tone it down in some way(s).
On the other hand, Kurumi stripped down completely in the episode and we literally got a full rear view.

NSFW
Well, they got the color of her lingerie correct...

Also, Kurumi butt was totally worth it .
Old 2022-06-30, 01:09   Link #216
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

DAL in the new issue if Megami magazine. Big improvement on the fanservice, though still a bit tame compared to normal Megami and past DAL.

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!

I wanted to stand this one out because it’s a really great pic that I haven’t seen it anywhere on any gallery despite it being from an officially released artbook from the first season years ago. It’s not the best quality because I took this picture while holding my own copy of the book open, but it’s not too bad.

NSFW
Onsen

Some more pics to celebrate the announcement of season 5.

NSFW
Kurumi (and non-nsfw)

NSFW
Some love for the other girls (groups with Kurumi included)

Last edited by Shinji103; 2022-06-30 at 01:25. Reason: Fixed the thumbnails
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-30, 05:40   Link #217
EroKing

NSFW
Megami (Proper Quality)

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-14 at 07:06.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-30, 14:15   Link #218
Frontier

They made the most of Kurumi with that lingerie .

Also thanks Shinji for the handy boob and height chart .
Old 2022-07-13, 03:31   Link #219
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

And our girl continues to dominate the charts for the season. And Tohka made it into the top ten too, with well over 43,000 people voting in the poll.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DateARedd...D&refsrc=email
Old 2022-07-13, 06:47   Link #220
Estzero1

Well deserved. Tohka is a bit suprising though. MH Bonus I guess .
Nia, Mukoro & Reine weren't so bad either.
Shidou also managed Top 5, so everything is pretty good .

Last edited by Estzero1; 2022-07-13 at 06:59.