AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-07-08, 22:03   Link #141
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I don't like either the new OP or ED to be honest. They traded weird for absolutely generic, and since this is an unconventional series it works better with unconventional themes.

As for the important stuff, the content is still great.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-08, 22:06   Link #142
grecefar

I didn't see that coming in the fifth loop, haine looping and ending the loop so soon.

Things got hard again with this.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-09, 07:15   Link #143
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Everyone talking about the OP, but what I miss is the old ED. I liked it a lot. Having a translation for the lyrics definitely helped. That's the thing I miss the most from the fansubbing era: they actually bothered to translate OPs and EDs.
Old 2022-07-09, 07:57   Link #144
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Everyone talking about the OP, but what I miss is the old ED. I liked it a lot. Having a translation for the lyrics definitely helped. That's the thing I miss the most from the fansubbing era: they actually bothered to translate OPs and EDs.
I listened to the first ED too. It was that artist's debut, from what I heard. Was appropriate tone and likely light on the budget.
Old 2022-07-09, 13:29   Link #145
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
The first ED was quite something. Very unsettling in tone, fit the show's mystery ambiance quite well.
Old 2022-07-10, 02:20   Link #146
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

We also need to address the elephant in the room - what in the actual hell are Disney+ doing?! July looks like it will be the utter dregs in a relative sense given the hyped titles have fallen flat and the sequel series are for those already in. If they seriously leave it until October, they will be releasing it against a mega wave of shounen titles which is sheer insanity.

That said, you only need take a look online and see how many people aren't giving a damn. Hell, a person that works at Udon Entertainment, the place translating the manga, is doing reviews for it to get momentum on that front because it is having a relatively fast release there too.

Given what has happened to so many other titles of late (hello, Biscuit Hammer for an instant nuke, The Promised Neverland for being its own worst enemy in the 2nd half and Wonder Egg Priority for assassinating itself with its non-ending), I am grateful for what has been done so far with this adaptation and if it holds to the end at this level, this will be a triumph for the ages. If it wasn't Ayumu Watanabe in charge, I might feel far more trepidation, but I'm willing to have hope since it's him.
Old 2022-07-10, 12:24   Link #147
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Meh, it's Disney. We've never needed these big companies and their money-grubbing schemes before, and don't need them now

Quote:
It's fine-ish. Still maybe less than the 1st, but good enough

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-10, 17:30   Link #148
Wandering Soul

Quote:
True, the first ED was just perfect for the show.
Old 2022-07-14, 16:03   Link #149
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

I was confused, was Heine always bad or did she change because she had Hizuru's blood? Alsoi wonder what the type of relationship is there between Shide and Heine, because if she is supposed to be Hiruko -sama shouldn't she be above Shide, but in the past she refers to him as Shide-sama, but then in the present she just says Shide. So i'm guessing Heine was turned into Hiruko-sama maybe against her will.
Old 2022-07-14, 23:36   Link #150
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep14:

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2022-07-14 at 23:47.
Old 2022-07-16, 09:33   Link #151
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
We also need to address the elephant in the room - what in the actual hell are Disney+ doing?! July looks like it will be the utter dregs in a relative sense given the hyped titles have fallen flat and the sequel series are for those already in. If they seriously leave it until October, they will be releasing it against a mega wave of shounen titles which is sheer insanity.
Aren't the audiences for Summertime and shounens different anyway?
Old 2022-07-17, 11:36   Link #152
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep14:
Spoiler for 14:
Old 2022-07-17, 16:16   Link #153
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
This makes things a lot harder.
Exactly what I thought when the episode ended.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-18, 09:27   Link #154
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Aren't the audiences for Summertime and shounens different anyway?
It was in Shounen Jump so it technically is one, but in the general gist of them, definitely deviates well from the mean - which is a good thing in my book. My point was that July is a weak season and October will be loaded. People will usually only take on or check out so much with their limited free time. However, Disney are acquirers rather than making their own material and have been for a long time. They would no next to nothing about what else is airing. Again, hope the countries outside of Japan learn about it in time. That said, it isn't like a somewhat large number of people aren't already watching it anyway.

As for ep 14 - my biggest concern was the art in general in the speech scene. A good number of still frames looked very rushed/ragged. This was my concern about them taking no break. The airing schedule may have caught up to the studio at this point. I hope this is not going to continue in subsequent episodes.

That said, I did thing the final bit of the memory scene was done well. Rie Kugimiya's voice acting was stellar in this episode. In episode music is fitting in well of late. The new ED is growing on me. But there is an utter sense of urgency and desperation now. After his most successful loop, Shinpei has had two derail in a flash. The crumbling cliff is ever so apt in picturing his plight to defy death. For all the gains Ushio received lately and Hizuru being onside relatively quickly from now on, having all your moves pre-empted will render those gains useless. But the pendulum has always swung back and forth in this face-off. Time for Shinpei to get some momentum back on his side.
Old 2022-07-18, 10:49   Link #155
grecefar

Right now, I can't see a way of winning this.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-19, 18:22   Link #156
Dark Wing

Damn Spawn Camping Shadows!
Old 2022-07-20, 07:16   Link #157
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Damn Spawn Camping Shadows!
Those Shadows sure got hold of some leet hacks in the Haine mark. But as previously stated, Hizuru has been able to relatively mask hers. Shinpei needs to do something about it, but given the long loop and everything that happened since, it's not like he has had a chance. Guess it's time for Ushio to counterstrike.
Old 2022-07-21, 22:44   Link #158
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep15:

Old 2022-07-22, 03:01   Link #159
EroKing

Episode 15

What a brilliant fucking move from Ushio literally saving them from going through the final loop and now having more time to come up with additional plans. Can't remember the last time we got such a great character with amazing spunk and this level of intelligence.

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-13 at 10:30.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-22, 17:04   Link #160
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep15:
Uh, I'd say they did a pretty good job making us believe this loop would fail. Shinpei getting shot multiple times, Ushio burning to a crisp... this was the most tense episode yet.

The fight was really great, and you have to love the creative use of the Shadows' abilities - on both sides. Ushio printing gasoline, Haine erasing the freaking air in the gymnasium to instantly put out the fire, Ushio creating a dummy body... clever thinking all around.

There was a scene with Tokiko that they've cut from last week's episode and thought might be in this one, but nope. It's kinda important...

Spoiler for cut manga content:

And given that she specifically asked for Mio to be spared and the comment she made about her body in this episode, it's pretty obvious she's in love with her. Both siblings in love with the same girl.

Tags
supernatural