Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-07-15, 12:20   Link #41
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post

A proper tsundere after an incredibly long time...

AoTS.
Its because its a parody that references early 2000's

Technically doesn't count
Old 2022-07-15, 14:11   Link #42
Magewolf

This show just is not clicking for me. I am old enough to get the Sega references but I do not find them very "funny" and I pity the Uncle instead of finding him amusing. If he was an asshole it might be funny seeing how horrible(mostly self inflicted) his life was for 17 years but since he seems mostly decent it just seems cruel.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-15, 15:28   Link #43
grecefar

yeah most of the jokes takes it too far about the cruelty he suffered there and are not funny and makes you feel sad and pity the uncle.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-15, 15:46   Link #44
Huh...?

Well, the treatment Uncle got in the Other World isn't really supposed to be funny, though some of the byproducts are a bit funny.

Its the Reaction which is supposed to be funny.
Its like watching a Reaction video on YouTube and seeing how the Reactor would React to the situation.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-15, 16:54   Link #45
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
This show just is not clicking for me. I am old enough to get the Sega references but I do not find them very "funny" and I pity the Uncle instead of finding him amusing. If he was an asshole it might be funny seeing how horrible(mostly self inflicted) his life was for 17 years but since he seems mostly decent it just seems cruel.
I cant tell if the author is mocking saga fans or is a saga fan being funny. As someone who doesn't care for saga the console I found it entertaining how saga oriented his life is.

Spoiler for Ep3:
Old 2022-07-15, 20:03   Link #46
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
I cant tell if the author is mocking saga fans or is a saga fan being funny. As someone who doesn't care for saga the console I found it entertaining how saga oriented his life is.
The series is a deliberate love letter to Sega. Any mockery is directed at the Uncle who built his entire life about Sega beyond the normal bounds of any otaku behavior (he's usually quoting a game when he says something 'cool' in the other world to one of the heroines).

The author is making in-jokes and references for other Sega superfans to get (or helpfully conveyed to us by translators or Takafumi in dialogue).
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-15, 21:15   Link #47
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post

Spoiler for Ep3:
I've always had an impression that Sega fans are self-degrading, since apparently they had a great console and games, but Sega lost.
I doubt there are that many if any Sega fans out there that would actually get mad at people mentioning Sega lost. The rest, I don't really see how is mocking.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-16, 02:50   Link #48
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Well, the treatment Uncle got in the Other World isn't really supposed to be funny, though some of the byproducts are a bit funny.

Its the Reaction which is supposed to be funny.
Its like watching a Reaction video on YouTube and seeing how the Reactor would React to the situation.
Well, as source material reader, I found anime kinda miss in Takafumi reaction.
The most noticeable is the Flame Dragon part IMO. In manga, Takafumi is really loud about "Why the hell you went straight to the boss instead of helping her" kinda like Shinpachi in Gintama but anime is pretty chill as Ojisan explained he's bad at remembering things.
Old 2022-07-20, 09:26   Link #49
Huh...?

A bit of AoT reference i guess?

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-20, 09:47   Link #50
Xical
Phantom User

I was laughting imagining the faces of anime-only followers when the Tsundere Elf bit started.
Old 2022-07-20, 12:07   Link #51
EroKing

I enjoy the manga and the show is funny. But the comedy just wouldn't click with everyone, kinda similar to something like Gintama.
Old 2022-07-20, 13:32   Link #52
grecefar

So no elf tsundere coming to the modern world... I'm sad, but this chapter was really funny and after the face change fujimiya should believe in the magic. I don't want to be a running gag all the season when they managed to fool her with the hologram.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-20, 15:01   Link #53
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

So Ojisan is not only dense about his own love affairs, but he doesn't seem to feel lust towards females in general? That's not a bad thing, since Narous seem to have an obsession with rape and sex slaves and its cringey self-insertion, but considering the female characters are the opposite in this anime, I can't help but notice how nonchalantly Ojisan transforms into a girl

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2022-07-20, 16:24   Link #54
Frontier

Episode 1:

Nothing brings a family together quite like an uncle and his nephew making money off of the uncles' newfound Isekai superpowers as a youtuber .

(So, like, how bad was the uncles' coma to the point where the family fell apart and the protagonists' mother never wants to see him again ?)

Man loves SEGA and Sonic so much that he willingly wipes his mind so he doesn't have to live with the knowledge they lost the Console Wars .

If the uncle thinks he was a solo player for his entire life, does that mean he never viewed his Harem as proper party members ?

It really is surreal seeing Haruka Tomatsu play the tsundere elf love interest to Takehito Koyasu's character after watching SAO .

Not everyone can get a wonderful Isekai experience. Kind of reminds me of Makoto in Tsukimichi with how normal people react to him .

The family thinking he was after the older sister and her giving herself up while her siblings knock him out was perfect .

I feel bad for this girl that she was one of the only people who never judged the uncle for his looks and seemed genuinely smitten with him, but because he had no concrete frame of references for tsundere's since they weren't as popular/common at that point he always took what she said at face value and kept ditching her...he even (unknowingly) proposed with a ring and then sold it off so he could pay her back. Is it going to be this bad with the other girls ?
Old 2022-07-20, 16:51   Link #55
Xical
Phantom User

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
... since Narous seem to have an obsession with rape and sex slaves and its cringey self-insertion ...
Who?
Old 2022-07-20, 18:18   Link #56
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xical View Post
Who?
Two I can think of from the top of my head are the skeleton one in the previous season and that healer one. I think the shield one also had a slave girl.

Old 2022-07-20, 19:01   Link #57
Xical
Phantom User

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Two I can think of from the top of my head are the skeleton one in the previous season and that healer one. I think the shield one also had a slave girl.
no, I was asking who (or what) is narous, was thinking an alias for anime director or writer or something like that, wasn't aware is a portal for novels until now.
Old 2022-07-20, 22:44   Link #58
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Random note, but the subtitles I have seen as images translates a line to something like "Internet trolls that make money from hating you", but the actual line is rather the opposite. 嫌儲 (Kenmou) is a net slang that refers to disliking/hating people making money (originating from making money through using 2ch, though it can be used for general money-making)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xical View Post
no, I was asking who (or what) is narous, was thinking an alias for anime director or writer or something like that, wasn't aware is a portal for novels until now.
Ohh, I see. Yeah, nothing worth needing to know.

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2022-07-21 at 02:09.
Old 2022-07-21, 15:28   Link #59
Alchemist007
*Author

Baited by that preview for ep 3, no present day elf.
Old 2022-07-21, 18:01   Link #60
Greenish Growth

Need more elves showing up in the "real" world. I know there are a few stories like that in novel and manga, but percentagewise out of all the isekai stories out there it's not so many.

Then even if elves DO show up in the "real" world they pop in on somebody's farm or whatever and they spend their time doing something mundane like growing vegetables.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote