AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2022-06-20, 16:40   Link #401
Wandering Soul

I was wondering when part 2 would finally come, so it's great to now have a confirmed date.
Old 2022-07-12, 17:00   Link #402
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Finally, it's here!

Spoiler for 98:

Off to a great start!
Old 2022-07-12, 19:06   Link #403
Wandering Soul

Spoiler for 98:
Old 2022-07-13, 00:15   Link #404
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Bucky got done dirty in this chapter. He didn't deserve that dammit!

Good chapter, but I'm not sure if the War devil is gonna be a new protagonist or the antagonist tho.

Also seems like War and Chainsaw are in the same boat with regard to the host being kept alive and sharing their body with the devil. Difference being that in Denji's case, Pochita seems to give him full control of his body. Can't say the same for Asa seeing as it looked as though War was fully in control there.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I remember correctly, for devils to obtain a host body, they typically possess recently deceased bodies. Denji was the only outlier up to this point who retained his consciousness after being possessed by Pochita.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-13, 06:52   Link #405
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I remember correctly, for devils to obtain a host body, they typically possess recently deceased bodies. Denji was the only outlier up to this point who retained his consciousness after being possessed by Pochita.
There are three types: full blown devils who retained their bodies, devils who possess dead people's bodies called Fiends (Power, Beam), and devils who enter living people's bodies called Hybrids. Denji isn't the only hybrid, there were also Reze and Quanxi among others.

Humans retain control in the case of hybrids, but since the contract here was for War to take over her body if she wanted to live, I'm not so sure.
Old 2022-07-13, 09:59   Link #406
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

I see. I don't remember too much about the specifics of hybrids tbh and I'm too lazy to go reread the manga lol. I was under the impression that there were only pure devils and fiends all this time.

Edit: Just checked the wiki to refresh my knowledge on the 3 types as you mentioned and noticed that the wiki currently lists War as a fiend. I guess we'll have to wait to see if that classification is accurate because as far as readers should be concerned, Asa should still be alive, therefore War shouldn't be listed as such.

Thinking about it, why didn't War just wait for Asa to die and possess her body for free? That was an interesting decision on War's behalf in itself.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2022-07-13, 18:48   Link #407
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Thinking about it, why didn't War just wait for Asa to die and possess her body for free? That was an interesting decision on War's behalf in itself.
Fiends are typically less powerful and a looooot dumber than Hybrids.
Old 2022-07-16, 17:00   Link #408
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

All of Chainsaw man's chapters are now available for free on Mangaplus. Good opportunity to refresh your memory if you want to. Might attract new readers too. With the anime coming out this Fall, I'm sure the manga will start selling like crazy.
Old 2022-07-17, 11:36   Link #409
Shadow5YA

Mangaplus also uploaded another oneshot by Fujimoto. It's called Just Listen to the Song.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-17, 18:04   Link #410
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Mangaplus also uploaded another oneshot by Fujimoto. It's called Just Listen to the Song.
I'm still not sure what to think about it. He released a one shot that can be interpreted in a tons of ways and then he releases this one whose message is basically "don't over-analyze and just enjoy". The irony of all those people not getting the message and over-analyzing it is pretty great though.
Old 2022-07-19, 10:26   Link #411
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 99:
Old 2022-07-19, 13:47   Link #412
Shadow5YA

The existence of devils has been made public thanks to Makima and Chainsawman since part 1, so it's probably not just the school.

I wonder how long Asa will be our protagonist.
Old 2022-07-19, 17:56   Link #413
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
The existence of devils has been made public thanks to Makima and Chainsawman since part 1, so it's probably not just the school.

I wonder how long Asa will be our protagonist.
Hasn't it always been public?
Old 2022-07-19, 20:54   Link #414
Shadow5YA

I thought it was only people in the know like the government officials until Makima made Chainsawman into a celebrity where regular people started to know as well.
Old 2022-07-20, 05:52   Link #415
Wandering Soul

Considering that Denji wants to enjoy a normal life while not hunting Devils, I highly doubt he would join the devil hunter club . If he's part of a club, it's probably something more mundane.
Old 2022-07-20, 08:03   Link #416
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I thought it was only people in the know like the government officials until Makima made Chainsawman into a celebrity where regular people started to know as well.
I haven't re-read the manga but I'm pretty sure everybody knew about them. Everyone lived in fear of the Gun Devil, and IIRC, most guns were confiscated as a prevention measure after his first rampage.

Makima's plan was to make Chainsaw man a hero to the public in order to weaken him since devils are powered by fear, not to reveal their existence.

Edit: re-read chapter 13, that's when Makima explains about the Gun Devil. The whole world has known about devils for a long time, they're part of daily life in this world.

Last edited by Kanon; 2022-07-20 at 08:20.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-20, 20:48   Link #417
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Aren't the Public Safety Bureau, y'know a public entity?

I'm pretty sure the existence of devils isn't exactly a secret either seeing as Denji was an unofficial devil hunter for a mafia prior to joining the Bureau and acts of devastation on a massive scale can't simply be covered up such as the Gun Devil attacks and whatnot.

Also, don't members of the Bureau (Power, Angel Devil, Beam [not him so much since he can 'swim' through walls] ) walk the streets with normal citizens? It'll be pretty hard to hide some of their more 'distinguishing' features after all.
Old 2022-07-26, 14:28   Link #418
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Well, that was not what I expected. I love how awkward Asa is, and I'm glad she made a friend. A good one, this time.
Old 2022-07-26, 22:16   Link #419
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^Yea, that was nice. I hope she doesn't get offed in the next few chapters...

Because remembers* Aki and Power getting offed just when they started considering each other family with Denji. T_T Both still hurt quite a bit and that happened more than a year ago.
Old 2022-07-27, 08:48   Link #420
Shadow5YA

Quote:
^Yea, that was nice. I hope she doesn't get offed in the next few chapters...

Because remembers* Aki and Power getting offed just when they started considering each other family with Denji. T_T Both still hurt quite a bit and that happened more than a year ago.
Yeah, but Power survived for longer than just a few chapters. You need time to get attached to a character so that killing them off makes a bigger impact.

Tags
chainsaw, demons, horror comedy, shounen