Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2022-08-02, 13:30   Link #35061
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Yeah, it's a real pain that in 2022 they still only allow a single device and you still have to keep that code safe.

I actually lost my original account and had to restart about 6 months in. My phone suddenly died and I had to factory reset it. I thought I had backed up the code but couldn't find it afterwards so I had to restart

EDIT: wait you get a free full ascension now? It does make sense since we all got it but damn does that make the early game a breeze. A single lvl 70-90 servant can probably clear the first two singularities on their own
Imagine that servant being Herc with his new "Undefeatable" skill....

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-02, 13:49   Link #35062
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Imagine that servant being Herc with his new "Undefeatable" skill....
That was literally the first thing I thought. Just regular Herc is already good enough.

Btw, in case someone hasn't mentioned it, do start hitting that button to ask people into your friend list. Only support servants in the friend list can trigger the noble phantasm.

Blessed be all the whales with Wavers, Jacks, Okitas, Castorias, etc all, that helped me through the quests
Old 2022-08-02, 15:10   Link #35063
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Got both new servants. Do not think much about rolling paid banners yet.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-02, 17:53   Link #35064
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Btw, in case someone hasn't mentioned it, do start hitting that button to ask people into your friend list. Only support servants in the friend list can trigger the noble phantasm.
Oh, I was wondering if there was any point in doing that since the game always offered several servants. I did notice the NP was grayed out for some but couldn't tell why. Thanks for the tip.
Old 2022-08-02, 21:01   Link #35065
larethian

Quote:
Yeah, it's a real pain that in 2022 they still only allow a single device and you still have to keep that code safe.

I actually lost my original account and had to restart about 6 months in. My phone suddenly died and I had to factory reset it. I thought I had backed up the code but couldn't find it afterwards so I had to restart

EDIT: wait you get a free full ascension now? It does make sense since we all got it but damn does that make the early game a breeze. A single lvl 70-90 servant can probably clear the first two singularities on their own
It's a real pain, but that's also the thing that makes it easy to transfer or trade accounts with others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Well, I actually dove right after writing my post. I'm still in the prologue, and I kind of have no clue what I'm doing

The obligatory first summoning gives you four star servants, I got Siegfried and Atalanta, I'm not sure if getting two Apocrypha servants was scripted or not. I decided to use my free full ascension thing on Siegfried and he's level 70. Him and the support servants you get should carry me for a while. Took me a while to realize you didn't level up and you had to use cards in Da Vinci's shop. I have quite a few XP cards, I only used a few on Mash to bring her to level 10, I'll wait until I get other servants I like to use the others or if I get stuck.

So far I'm having fun at least.

For the record, I actually tried to get into the game when it was first released but my tablet was too ancient to run the game and I didn't have a compatible phone, so I thought I'd just wait until the game officially hits the play store. I didn't think it'd take 7 years.

By the way, can I quit the game at any time? There's never any indication it's saving my progress.
You should also be getting a welfare SSR ticket that's selectable in the shop. For gameplay reasons, it is recommended to pick Waver (Lord El-Melloi). He will make your life easier due to his skills being able to charge your NP gauges. Or you can just pick your waifu.

Quote:
Oh, I was wondering if there was any point in doing that since the game always offered several servants. I did notice the NP was grayed out for some but couldn't tell why. Thanks for the tip.
You also have the option to follow (I think 3) people, who should preferably be obvious whales. Players you follow do not need to friend you (as mega whales tend to want to friend other mega whales).
Finding friends with berserkers with AOE NP and equipped with max limit-broken kaleidoscopes will just make your initial farming/grind less of a chore.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-03, 01:15   Link #35066
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
That was literally the first thing I thought. Just regular Herc is already good enough.

Blessed be all the whales with Wavers, Jacks, Okitas, Castorias, etc all, that helped me through the quests
Following someone works too for story quests.

--
That being said, I made space on my friend list.

If any of the new players need a Tamamo and Castoria on their FL just tell me.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2022-08-03, 04:42   Link #35067
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Saber Shiki in 60 quartz baby. Just in time for her strengthening too.

Aoko when? Need to complete all TM heroines.
belatkuro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-03, 07:13   Link #35068
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
You should also be getting a welfare SSR ticket that's selectable in the shop. For gameplay reasons, it is recommended to pick Waver (Lord El-Melloi). He will make your life easier due to his skills being able to charge your NP gauges. Or you can just pick your waifu.
I'll have to look for that. Anyone other than Waver who is really good? Preferably a female
Old 2022-08-03, 09:26   Link #35069
Dextro
He Without a Title

Tamano-no-Mae is really highly rated in the meta right now (though her gameplay hasn't clicked with me personally).

"Altria"*, the classic fate Saber, is also really decent. Her NP can do some good AoE damage. And I like Jack personally but that is mostly for critical stars so it takes some getting used to.

I think these are the ones from the wellfare SSR list.

*yes, the official translation is wrong

EDIT: thanks for the hint about the follow as well. I had no idea about that either
Old 2022-08-03, 11:47   Link #35070
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I haven't found the SSR ticket anywhere, but it looks like it might unlock after I complete the first (second) singularity based on what online guides say. I've only completed Fuyuki just now.

There's a Melty Blood Type Lumina event starting tomorrow where you can try to get Saber, I'm only missing one Quartz for the 11x summon thing. I'd like to get at least one Saberface, I don't feel like I'm playing a Fate game if there's no Saberface.
Old 2022-08-03, 13:48   Link #35071
XFire
150% done

Quote:
I haven't found the SSR ticket anywhere, but it looks like it might unlock after I complete the first (second) singularity based on what online guides say. I've only completed Fuyuki just now.

There's a Melty Blood Type Lumina event starting tomorrow where you can try to get Saber, I'm only missing one Quartz for the 11x summon thing. I'd like to get at least one Saberface, I don't feel like I'm playing a Fate game if there's no Saberface.
I'm not sure if it's immediately available or not, but Saber Lily will be in the friend point gacha eventually. She's basically a downgrade of Saber but she's free and she does AOE Buster damage which is all you need for the first few chapters lol
Old 2022-08-03, 14:14   Link #35072
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Tamano-no-Mae is really highly rated in the meta right now (though her gameplay hasn't clicked with me personally).

"Altria"*, the classic fate Saber, is also really decent. Her NP can do some good AoE damage. And I like Jack personally but that is mostly for critical stars so it takes some getting used to.

I think these are the ones from the wellfare SSR list.

*yes, the official translation is wrong

EDIT: thanks for the hint about the follow as well. I had no idea about that either
Tamamo is indeed still rather relevant, even if she got dethroned as Arts-Queen. But yeah, I wonder why no one suggested her before too, given the lack of healers and her having TWO heals and a really unique NP.
That being said, Tamamo is also mostly a waifu roll... Quite literally as she wants to be a wife
I doubt Saber Artoria is there for the free SSR though. Also Once you can't three turn something Tamamo is so much better...

Waver isn't even overall the best, that's be Merlin.

Old 2022-08-03, 14:35   Link #35073
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I'll have to look for that. Anyone other than Waver who is really good? Preferably a female
It depends what you mean by "good". It can, broadly speaking, mean two things: good for farming quickly and efficiently, or good for beating tough quests.

Waver is both.

Tamamo can be useful to farm if you've got a bunch of expensive stuff too. If not, I think she's mostly useful for long fights?

Jeanne is good for boss fights. She'll help you outlast the enemy. And unlike other supports, it's mostly her NP that's useful, not her skills, so in that sense she's "cheap". (Because leveling up skills costs a lot of material and QP.)

Drake is great for farming, in particular farming QP.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-03, 15:13   Link #35074
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It depends what you mean by "good". It can, broadly speaking, mean two things: good for farming quickly and efficiently, or good for beating tough quests.

Waver is both.

Tamamo can be useful to farm if you've got a bunch of expensive stuff too. If not, I think she's mostly useful for long fights?

Jeanne is good for boss fights. She'll help you outlast the enemy. And unlike other supports, it's mostly her NP that's useful, not her skills, so in that sense she's "cheap". (Because leveling up skills costs a lot of material and QP.)

Drake is great for farming, in particular farming QP.
You forget the lack of healers period. Iri isn't available and Ascelpius is hidden behind the paywall.

Old 2022-08-03, 15:31   Link #35075
grecefar

Just went to the first floor of the kama event.

I'm so gonna hate it.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-03, 16:28   Link #35076
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

If I ever get that ticket, I'll go with Waver. He seems too good to just pass up. Waifus will wait.
Old 2022-08-03, 16:49   Link #35077
GDB

Quote:
I feel like this is coo-coo land if Merlin's still being considered the best. Either you're including limiteds, which means Caster Arturia is included and thus he absolutely cannot be the best, or you're not counting limiteds, in which case he also cannot even be included.

Like, this is year 5 (7 for JP). Things have changed since year 2/3.

Quote:
You forget the lack of healers period. Iri isn't available and Ascelpius is hidden behind the paywall.
You don't really need healers though unless you're going for a high turtle party, which would involve multiple SSRs to be worth using. And even then, it's usually better to not bother.

I assume this is the list of available units, based on the JP version of the ticket:

Quote:
Saber: Artoria Pendragon, Altera, Mordred.

Archer: Arjuna, Orion (Artemis), Napoleon.

Lancer: Karna, Enkidu, Bradamante.

Rider: Achilles, Europa, Sir Francis Drake, Ozymandias.

Caster: Zhunge Liang (Lord El Melloi-II), Tamamo no Mae, Sanzang, Anatasia, Scheherazade.

Assassin: Jack the Ripper, Osakabehime.

Berserker: Vlad III, Nightingale, Xiang Yu.

Extra classes: Jeanne d'Arc, Ganesha (Jinako).
Looking at this, the worthwhile ones would be:

Saber: Artoria
Archer: ...
Lancer: Karna, Enkidu
Rider: Drake, Ozy
Caster: Waver, Sanzang, Tamamo
Assassin: eh... I guess Jack, but really not worth
Berserker: Vlad

Jeanne isn't bad, but she's not worth at all unless waifu. She's incredibly niche and doesn't really help further your account.

Of these, the following are for...

AoE/farming: Artoria, Karna, Drake
ST/Bosses: Enkidu, Ozy, Sanzang, Vlad, Jack
Support: Waver, Tamamo

Of those, I honestly don't think I could recommend Sanzang or Jack for a new player. Even Vlad I'm unsure if I'd suggest if you didn't have Caster Artoria. The rest are fine, though I'd definitely recommend Waver over Tamamo if you want support (which is often the smarter choice, since there are many damage dealers and not many supports).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-03, 18:09   Link #35078
grecefar

Quote:
If I ever get that ticket, I'll go with Waver. He seems too good to just pass up. Waifus will wait.
Well I went full waifu from the beginning and it was just recently that I got waver, you can go with whoever you want, but sure if you want a easy time waver will help.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-03, 20:30   Link #35079
larethian

Quote:
Tamamo is indeed still rather relevant, even if she got dethroned as Arts-Queen. But yeah, I wonder why no one suggested her before too, given the lack of healers and her having TWO heals and a really unique NP.
That being said, Tamamo is also mostly a waifu roll... Quite literally as she wants to be a wife
I doubt Saber Artoria is there for the free SSR though. Also Once you can't three turn something Tamamo is so much better...

Putting aside "who's the best", Merlin is not even in selectable roster.
And you meant "once you can" right?

Quote:
Yeah, seconding AC, Tamamo could be the next best pick, all things considered (gameplay + waifu factors). She literally wants to be your perfect wife. In case you never played Extra, she's voiced by Saito Chiwa. Just that, she doesn't help with making life less of a chore in farming and grinding. Like what others already said, she is a (arts) buffer/healer who helps a lot in boss fights, albeit more time taken. And still a great pick.

Jack is also a great pick for boss fights against riders and has anti-female trait (more damage against females). She also generates a lot of crit stars and is really strong.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-04, 02:35   Link #35080
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Putting aside "who's the best", Merlin is not even in selectable roster.
And you meant "once you can" right?

Nope, I meant can't, Castoria is better if you can 3-turn something. If you cannot, Tamamo is the overall better one. - Especially when Castoria's CDs hit.

Tags
fgo, gacha, ios, type-moon