AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-09-11, 17:51   Link #101
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Heat is so much cooler in animated form than in live action.
Old 2022-09-11, 18:12   Link #102
GDB

All of Phillip's sides are.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-11, 22:06   Link #103
iko_uwais

HeatJoker later on is even cooler, honestly. Too bad we won't get to that part
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-11, 22:57   Link #104
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
"My hubby is a bike." I love how Tokime just assumes she means because Terui rides a bike because she doesn't know that's actually literal .
I wanna see Akiko rides Terui in anime form
Old 2022-09-11, 23:15   Link #105
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I wanna see Akiko rides Terui in anime form
There are so many jokes to make about that .
Old 2022-09-12, 01:11   Link #106
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

So the Cat Arc is skipped, understandable.

Bando talked about Gaia Memories users are drawn to each other and use Daisuke as his alias, what a coincidence. LOL.
Old 2022-09-12, 09:19   Link #107
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
So the Cat Arc is skipped, understandable.
Speaking of cats, Mick gravitating to Tokime reminded me of how cat-like I felt Tokime came off as .
Quote:
Bando talked about Gaia Memories users are drawn to each other and use Daisuke as his alias, what a coincidence. LOL.
Oh yeah, Stands, and he even used an alias that's the same as his first name. Is that why they cast Daisuke Ono to begin with ?
Old 2022-09-18, 11:38   Link #108
Frontier

The serial bride candidate murders at a mansion in a blizzard continues, with Shotaro and Philip right in the middle of it .

I'll give Kei this much...she's a bold one. Not afraid to say what everyone's thinking that the last candidate alive would win or that she'd kill to win all that money by marrying Kuya, and she has no qualms about using her body to do it (dat boob flaunting). Of course I guess it's kind of fitting she ended up dying naked in the bath .

I love how Kei propositioned Kuya for masked sex before Kurumi showed up. And then Kuya has enough of that nonsense and just walks away .

Revolgarry launch! Akiko looked so confident leading the charge !

Weather Dopant cameo! It's nice to see Isaka make a cameo, and kind of fitting given what we see with Terui/Accel in this episode .

Hmm...does Kuya know who Kanna actually is? Do they know each other? Is that why he was bothered so much by her leaving? Even Kurumi thinks she was secretly his favorite. We also don't know why Kanna is really there. Unless Kuya is in on it and they didn't want to lose another guinea pig .

So it turns out...not only are all the bridal candidates actually the Alcohol Dopant (Kei was the one who fought W)...but none of them are the murderers. Actually they're more like the victims, because they were all brought into this as test subjects for the Alcohol Memory which basically possessed them and was killing them with alcohol poisoning every time they used it. This wasn't a marriage contest, it was a lab experiment, with these women being used for it .

Were some of the chills Tokime was feeling Bando, given their possible connection? It seems like she knows something about Museum too, which I guess comes from her past life with Bando and his group .

"Hen...Shin!" "Despair awaits you at the finish line." He said it! He said the things! And we finally get our Accel Henshin! And we even got to see Trial .

Tokime's reaction to Terui bringing out his driver and finding out he transforms into a bike was priceless. As was her terrified face has she rode him .

Bando realizes Kamen Rider is as good at detective work as they are with fighting Dopants, and makes himself scarce...though not before leaving one of his associates to clean things up .

Masquerade Dopants! Perfect for some out-of-suit action and for Accel to run over .

Is that some kind of...Banshee Dopant? What with the ethereal quality and her sonic attacks? She's pretty sadistic, and dangerous enough that Accel has to bring out Trial to be able to fight her. Also, that boob jiggle .

So...who is the culprit? Grandma, the butler, or Kuya? From the looks of it at the end, feels like all three are in on it .
Old 2022-09-18, 18:09   Link #109
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This arc is damn good. I was thinking the grandma was the culprit (we'll see about that next week) but the case turned out to be a lot more complicated than I had imagined. Never would have thought all the girls had ports implanted into them and they were all users of the Alcohol memory. Only Kurumi didn't end up using it thanks to the boys stopping her.

Silver memories being given to close associates of Museum is a new piece of lore, right? I don't remember that being mentioned before in the series.
Old 2022-09-18, 18:52   Link #110
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Silver memories being given to close associates of Museum is a new piece of lore, right? I don't remember that being mentioned before in the series.
I think so? I just tried to check the Memories from the series itself, and the only silver one I can find is Weather. All the Museum members used gold ones, so I guess it checks out even if it had been unmentioned previously.
Old 2022-09-19, 01:04   Link #111
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Yeah, its new, expanding on Isaka have silver memories while Museum higher-ups have gold ones (Nazca, Claydoll, Terror and Utopia are all golds).
They even use Weather as (sole) example when Philip explained it. I guess that means Bando and his group are at least on same level of influence as Weather Dopant given they can came up with Alcohol by simply having another rich family funding them.

Quote:
Is that some kind of...Banshee Dopant? What with the ethereal quality and her sonic attacks? She's pretty sadistic, and dangerous enough that Accel has to bring out Trial to be able to fight her. Also, that boob jiggle
Scream Dopant, previously appeared alongside Bando (Aurora) and Brachiosaurus Dopant after Bando killed Meganeura user.
Old 2022-09-19, 09:26   Link #112
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Yeah, its new, expanding on Isaka have silver memories while Museum higher-ups have gold ones (Nazca, Claydoll, Terror and Utopia are all golds).
They even use Weather as (sole) example when Philip explained it. I guess that means Bando and his group are at least on same level of influence as Weather Dopant given they can came up with Alcohol by simply having another rich family funding them.
Which definitely explains why Accel has to bring out Trial almost immediately .
Quote:
Scream Dopant, previously appeared alongside Bando (Aurora) and Brachiosaurus Dopant after Bando killed Meganeura user.
And voiced by legit Kamen Rider fangirl and Lovekov voice Miku Ito .
Old 2022-09-25, 12:37   Link #113
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Finally, the OG "fight smarter" form. Anime really benefits from doing things live-action unable to do.

Some people may already noticed it when Bando killed Meganeura user, glimpse of Aurora being gold-colored GM.
Old 2022-09-25, 13:00   Link #114
justavisitor

the long waited extreme bgm....and extreme takes down enemy as smooth as always. Extreme is definitely one of the very rare final forms to promote fighting smarter XD. It's hard to execute this idea but W has been doing really well on portraying Extreme

When Extreme uses the shield bicker, they use cyclone, metal, trigger, and joker. I never see this combination in W? it's always cyclone, heat, luna, joker/metal (once). Is this a mistake?? (no one cares anyway )
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-25, 13:33   Link #115
GDB

Pretty sure it can use any combination of the 6. I assume it gives altered effects/potency (RPG style) depending on the combination.
Old 2022-09-25, 15:18   Link #116
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

We got some bombastic fight this episode, literally. Also, I was hoping for a little bit of flex from Bando when he did the henshin but....turns out he only did it for the swag before vanishing .

Also, I'm glad two of the girls survived, even though the greedy girl is a "whatever" case.
Old 2022-09-25, 17:40   Link #117
Frontier

So it was the grandmother! Except this goes way beyond experimenting on bridal candidates, grandma has had dealings with Museum, been one of the earliest Dopants, and has been using her powers to commit crime and murder in the service of her family. Even the whole marriage charade was to find a seedy woman capable of succeeding her as the Alcohol Dopant and family matriarch. This is one dangerous grandma !

Sonozaki flashbacks! Young Philip, Wakana, and Saeko! It’s too bad we didn’t get to see their parents young…

Not only is Kiku the real and original Alcohol Dopant, but she’s the strongest and a High Dope, with abilities far beyond normal Dopant users. She basically manhandles W and they can’t get a hit in! But that means it’s time for…XTREEEEEEEMMMMMMME!!!!

W’s Final Form makes its anime debut and it looks amazing! They even added a rainbow effect to the subs when they transformed! The only thing missing was Xtreme Dream, but watching them finish off Alcohol was awesome !

Well, at least Kiku took her loss with dignity and made sure her beloved grandson survived

Scream Dopant can hold her own against Trial! And likes to take selfies with her victims! Sick !

Our heroes finally meet the villains as Bando reveals himself and an awesome transformation into the Aurora Dopant. And Tokime’s recollection of High Dopes and Bando reflect her history with them that she still can’t recall .

I love how Kanna was only involved in this because she wanted to do something exciting in her life for once. At least it seems like she and Tsumuri might become genuine friends .

Shotaro you have Tokime! You don’t need to be charming Kanna! But while Kuya didn’t end up with anyone, he’s dedicated to building himself as a self made and respectable man and move on from the memory of his grandmother. Fairly nice note to end things on .

The irony that the grandson of the Alcohol Dopant was a teetotaler…and the butler had the best tolerance along with his mistress !
Old 2022-09-25, 17:50   Link #118
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I wasn't expecting Xtreme to be used in this arc! But then again, W only has two power-up forms, and Fang wasn't going to do the trick here. The anime team nailed it once again. Looked absolutely awesome.

The case wrapped up pretty nicely. The two remaining girls were saved and Kuya turned out to be a surprisingly decent guy who can now spread his wings.
Old 2022-09-25, 18:08   Link #119
GDB

Quote:
Shotaro you have Tokime! You don’t need to be charming Kanna!
He's just trying to be Hard Boiled.

Also, this is the first time in my life I've ever heard/read the term teetotaler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I wasn't expecting Xtreme to be used in this arc! But then again, W only has two power-up forms, and Fang wasn't going to do the trick here. The anime team nailed it once again. Looked absolutely awesome.
It makes sense. Re-introduce all the forms to manga/anime only watchers, or those who just haven't seen W in a long ass time early on in the series.

First arc showed off the 9 base combinations.

Second arc showed off Fang Joker.

Third arc showed off Cyclone Joker Extreme.
Old 2022-09-25, 19:38   Link #120
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It makes sense. Re-introduce all the forms to manga/anime only watchers, or those who just haven't seen W in a long ass time early on in the series.

First arc showed off the 9 base combinations.

Second arc showed off Fang Joker.

Third arc showed off Cyclone Joker Extreme.
We also have all of Accel's forms except Booster .

Tags
kamen rider, tokusatsu