AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2022-09-24, 01:59   Link #41
AP24

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-24, 10:39   Link #42
Frontier

It's nice to see Anos and the gang again even if I'll still need to get used to hearing Umehara playing him .
Old 2022-09-24, 13:04   Link #43
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Umehara just doesn't work, waaay to serious.
Simply failed to catch the comical and the more aloof side of Anos.
I might avoid the show if Umehara can't show he can do better.

Last edited by shmaster; 2022-09-24 at 23:31.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-24, 13:29   Link #44
Estzero1

Well, it's definitely interesting and kinda hard tbh to take Anos seriously with this voice.
That's probably the first time I have to say that Japan messed up in terms of VA's.
It shouldn't decrease the enjoyment for this season, but it's still sad.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-24, 15:24   Link #45
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Yeeeaaah, there's definitely a strong lack of "smug arrogance" with GS voice need to do Anos properly(or, at least, at a similar performance for consistency). I'm usually against type-casts when it comes to VAs, but GS voice is one where the range of his voice doesn't deviate enough to push himself out of his type-cast, like, say, Jaleel White(although the times didn't afford him that luxury back in the 90s).

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-24, 16:26   Link #46
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Meh, I like Anos' new voice just fine. In fact, considering that things might become more serious since his identity is in the open now, a more dignified & "serious" voice might be necessary.

If the trailer is any indication, even if S2 will be a trainwreck, Anos' voice might be the least of my problems.
Old 2022-09-24, 16:40   Link #47
Frontier

I just find it funny that he's already playing a Demon Lord this season in another show .
Old 2022-09-25, 03:04   Link #48
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm not going to criticize the voice too much. And that's since I'm certain that no matter who they chose that I wasn't going to love it. The original voice just fit perfectly and set the tone both for the comedic and deadly serious sides of Anos.

Will give it a chance to win me over within the second season itself. And I'm just happy to almost have Sasha and company back. The whole cast is worth the mild feeling of being thrown off to start.
Old 2022-09-25, 13:13   Link #49
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Umehara just doesn't work, waaay to serious.
Simply failed to catch the comical and the more aloof side of Anos.
I might avoid the show if Umehara can't show he can do better.
Tatsuhisa no baka! If you were going to cheat on your wife you shouldn't have married someone super famous like Lisa!

Yeah, I like Umehara, but he just doesn't work here for me either.

The great thing about Tatsuhisa was that he could do serious as well as smug and arrogant.
Old 2022-09-25, 13:42   Link #50
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Tatsuhisa no baka! If you were going to cheat on your wife you shouldn't have married someone super famous like Lisa!

The great thing about Tatsuhisa was that he could do serious as well as smug and arrogant.
I would have been more tolerant if Umehara can loose a few of his screws and let the craziness of Zoltan leaks into him.
I really hope he can adapt and not make Anos into someone one dimensional. Please Unehara, surprise me.
Old 2022-09-25, 15:08   Link #51
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
I would have been more tolerant if Umehara can loose a few of his screws and let the craziness of Zoltan leaks into him.
I really hope he can adapt and not make Anos into someone one dimensional. Please Unehara, surprise me.
Zoltan is crazy & unhinged like the Joker though. Why would you want any aspect of him in Anos' voice? 👀

Also, whether Anos' character being one-dimensional or not mostly depends on the writing for this season. A seiyuu can only do so much.
Old 2022-09-25, 17:37   Link #52
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post

Not to mention breaking an NDA with the woman you're cheating on her with. Suzuki made like every bonehead move in the book .

Which sucks for both LiSA and all the characters he played so well .
Old 2022-09-25, 17:54   Link #53
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I finally watched the trailer and all I have to say is... #BringSuzukiBack. To be honest, I think Umehara himself should have stepped down when Suzuki came back from his hiatus, since it's not like he had recorded a single line back then. But there could have been backstage politics that got in the way of that.
Old 2022-09-25, 23:38   Link #54
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I finally watched the trailer and all I have to say is... #BringSuzukiBack. To be honest, I think Umehara himself should have stepped down when Suzuki came back from his hiatus, since it's not like he had recorded a single line back then. But there could have been backstage politics that got in the way of that.
I mean, aren't they going to completely re-record Tokyo Revengers season 1 with Draken's new VA? I'd say it's pretty serious .
Old 2022-09-26, 01:19   Link #55
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Zoltan is crazy & unhinged like the Joker though. Why would you want any aspect of him in Anos' voice? 👀

Also, whether Anos' character being one-dimensional or not mostly depends on the writing for this season. A seiyuu can only do so much.
Because Umehara had some amazing range manipulation of his voice when playing Zoltan? He has only displayed such a degree of range transition when voicing that character. And that is the level of skill I expect for someone voicing Anos.
And as a novel reader I know the writing up to the latest chapter.
Dead serious is definitely not a part of Anos' character.
Instead he is a man always with certain degree of leisure at heart
Old 2022-09-26, 02:57   Link #56
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I love how people suddenly act so precious of Suzuki's voice for Anos when ya'll didn't even care that much back when S1 aired. And it's not like we heard Umehara's voice within any clear context in the anime for proper judgement. He was just reading some random lines for the PV in less than 2 minutes.

As for me, I'll treat it like when Taneda Risa needed to back down from voicing Erina in Shokugeki no Souma: too bad, but nothing big for the anime itself. Then I accepted Kanemoto Hisako as Erina's voice without much problem. And since I know that Suzuki is a cheater, I care so much less for him. Good riddance, now let's move on.
Old 2022-09-26, 06:36   Link #57
Cloudedmind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I love how people suddenly act so precious of Suzuki's voice for Anos when ya'll didn't even care that much back when S1 aired. And it's not like we heard Umehara's voice within any clear context in the anime for proper judgement. He was just reading some random lines for the PV in less than 2 minutes.

As for me, I'll treat it like when Taneda Risa needed to back down from voicing Erina in Shokugeki no Souma: too bad, but nothing big for the anime itself. Then I accepted Kanemoto Hisako as Erina's voice without much problem. And since I know that Suzuki is a cheater, I care so much less for him. Good riddance, now let's move on.
Yeah, and I love how people make assumptions about what I and others were thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Not to mention breaking an NDA with the woman you're cheating on her with. Suzuki made like every bonehead move in the book .

Which sucks for both LiSA and all the characters he played so well .
Oh wow did not know about the NDA thing.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I mean, aren't they going to completely re-record Tokyo Revengers season 1 with Draken's new VA? I'd say it's pretty serious .
Yeah, the fact that they might be re-doing all of his voice work for TR is really telling.
Old 2022-09-26, 06:41   Link #58
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I remember Suzuki's performance being praised on this very forum. Most people agreed he was perfect for the role.

I've never heard Umehara voicing that Zoltan guy, to me he always sounds dead serious like in this PV. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but my hopes aren't high.
Old 2022-09-26, 06:53   Link #59
Cloudedmind

Quote:
I remember Suzuki's performance being praised on this very forum. Most people agreed he was perfect for the role.

I've never heard Umehara voicing that Zoltan guy, to me he always sounds dead serious like in this PV. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but my hopes aren't high.
He has done some none serious roles. Early in his career he voiced a happy go lucky merman living in a bathtub. XD And then there was a school character who I can't for the life of me remember the name of or the show. But, he was voicing them when he had to step away for health reasons and I think Sugita took over his role. And for his most recent one there was Kircheis from LotGH who had his softer moments.

But, yeah for most of the serious roles I've seen him do, he's largely just serious with very little variation.
Old 2022-09-26, 07:07   Link #60
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
I agree with this sentiment. He nailed the perfect mix of seriousness, aloofness and that little bit of smugness that made Anos work as a character. So far, like you, I haven't seen anything close from the previews so I'm going into the new season bracing myself for disappointment.

Hopefully, the show can surprise us like the first season did.

Tags
demon king, harem