AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2022-09-24, 09:28   Link #81
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'll leave it, thanks.

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2022-09-24 at 09:54.
Old 2022-09-24, 10:47   Link #82
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I have no idea why the original RK 23 thread was closed, but the details finally came out today - full reboot from Chapter 1.

Jin-chuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I was expecting it would be a full remake, the question is just how they'll handle re-adpting the stuff that was in the prior anime's...hopefully they don't screw that up before they inevitably get to what everyone wants with the Jinchuu arc .

The animation and visuals look pretty nice here. Also ending on Kenshin and Kaoru is perfect .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Soma Saito is Kenshin, Rie Takahashi is Kaoru.
I have to admit I did not expect to see these two reunited as Kenshin and Kaoru of all characters .

But I think they'll do a great job here. It's surreal seeing Kenshin voiced by a male on the Japanese side, but it's also kind of refreshing seeing Saito play someone who isn't scummy .

I wonder if this'll be like Urusei Yatsura where they go for a full all-star cast. Knowing the pedigree, I can believe it .
Old 2022-09-24, 11:28   Link #83
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Won't expecting it will be on same level as HxH (both old and new ones done well to their designated ending point).

Shinsengumi fight used for 'sample' looks 'clean' that I better prepare for possibly less intense Kenshin vs. Saito and Kenshin vs. Soujiro compare to old ones.

Old 2022-09-24, 11:40   Link #84
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I was expecting it would be a full remake, the question is just how they'll handle re-adpting the stuff that was in the prior anime's...hopefully they don't screw that up before they inevitably get to what everyone wants with the Jinchuu arc .
I'm curious if the anime will do a 1:1 adaptation of the source manga plot beats, or if they make some slight plot changes/deviations as was done with the live action Kenshin movies. Like how I recall that the Shishio storyline's 2nd half played out quite differently in the live action movie version (Rurouni Kenshin The Legend Ends).

And to my knowledge, the live action movies did get to doing the Jinchuu arc, albeit split into 2 movies (one covering the present-day arc, and the Kenshin's detailed past arc in Bakumatsu times.)
Old 2022-09-24, 12:12   Link #85
Amarantine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
It's surreal seeing Kenshin voiced by a male on the Japanese side
I know, right? I was totally expecting that, should they ever replace Mayo Suzukaze, they would go with another female seiyuu who specializes in voicing male characters, like Romi Park for instance.

To actually go with a male seiyuu for Kenshin is surprising and in a way a bold choice that I'm curious to see (or rather hear) in action. Hopefully Soma Saito will knock it out the park, because Kenshin is still one of the greatest and most iconic heroes in anime and manga.
Old 2022-09-24, 13:04   Link #86
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarantine View Post
I know, right? I was totally expecting that, should they ever replace Mayo Suzukaze, they would go with another female seiyuu who specializes in voicing male characters, like Romi Park for instance.

To actually go with a male seiyuu for Kenshin is surprising and in a way a bold choice that I'm curious to see (or rather hear) in action. Hopefully Soma Saito will knock it out the park, because Kenshin is still one of the greatest and most iconic heroes in anime and manga.
I kinda expected Mitsuki Saiga
Old 2022-09-24, 17:32   Link #87
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarantine View Post

I grew up with the Indo Dub of RK so I'm quite used to hear Kenshin sounding like a soft-spoken gentleman. If anything, I'm glad that this new iteration actually do something very different from the original. If they want to make it new then by all means make it new.

This is something that I can never get with Dragon Ball for the foreseeable future. They'll most likely never make adult Goku, adult Gohan & Bardock voiced by a Japanese male seiyuu in my lifetime (if ever). So I welcome this male Kenshin voice with open arms.
Old 2022-09-24, 19:39   Link #88
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
I kinda expected Mitsuki Saiga
Yeah, that was what immediately leapt to mind for me.
Old 2022-09-24, 21:18   Link #89
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Aniplex seems to have confirmed that Urusei Yatsura will run 2 cours to start with, which strongly supports the idea that it will alternate with RK on NoitaminA in two cour intervals.
Old 2022-09-25, 06:37   Link #90
ditn

This is crazy, never thought this would get a full rerun
One of my favorite series ever.
Old 2022-09-25, 08:53   Link #91
Sheba
Shitpost Gremlin

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
On women or men voicing androgynous men:

I can think of Ryou Hirokawa who voiced Andromeda Shun, this is the same guy who is also known for Vegeta and Reinhard von Lohengramm (LoGH original OAV).
Old 2022-09-25, 13:05   Link #92
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Yeah, that was what immediately leapt to mind for me.
Same!

But, Soma Saito should be interesting as well.
Old 2022-09-25, 13:45   Link #93
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Watching the trailer... umm, did anyone notice that all the motion is somewhat soft and floaty?
There is no feel of weight or impact in the motions.
This is making me worried about the animation quality in general.
Old 2022-09-25, 15:24   Link #94
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ I learn to not expect much from Liden Films. Their animation tend to be jumping around between being stiff & decent with flashes of brilliance. But to be fair, the original RK anime was not a masterpiece of animation either so....
Old 2022-09-25, 17:04   Link #95
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
^ I learn to not expect much from Liden Films. Their animation tend to be jumping around between being stiff & decent with flashes of brilliance. But to be fair, the original RK anime was not a masterpiece of animation either so....
Yeah, Gallop and Deen were not exactly stalwarts of sakuga. As long as the visuals are adequate it's really the narrative side that tells the tale with adaptations (which is why Pierrot has had so many good ones).
Old 2022-09-25, 17:21   Link #96
Amarantine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
The animation was underwhelming in the Tokyo arc, with many fights consisting largely of still shots, but I would say they really stepped up their game for the Kyoto arc. Kenshin vs Saito looked amazing (and still does to this day). As did the last moments of Kenshin vs Shishio. I rather doubt we will see anything on that level from Liden Films in this new adaptation (though I'd certainly be happy to be proven wrong).
Old 2022-09-25, 17:33   Link #97
Frontier

I mean, I recently enjoyed Bastard!! quite a bit but there's probably a lot of factors that go into the quality of the adaption .
Old 2022-09-25, 18:04   Link #98
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The live-action movies made me used to Kenshin having a male voice, so no problem there. I've never been a fan of women voicing adult men or older teenagers in the first place. I've noticed this practice is dying out, pretty much all modern shounen MCs I can think of are voiced by men (Deku, Meliodas, Tanjiro, Yuji, Denji, etc...).
Old 2022-09-25, 18:52   Link #99
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The live-action movies made me used to Kenshin having a male voice, so no problem there. I've never been a fan of women voicing adult men or older teenagers in the first place. I've noticed this practice is dying out, pretty much all modern shounen MCs I can think of are voiced by men (Deku, Meliodas, Tanjiro, Yuji, Denji, etc...).
Broadly I agree but Suzukaze Mayu did such a great job here. And Saiga Mitsuki is an actress who can really pull this sort of role off, which is why I thought of her.
Old 2022-09-25, 21:40   Link #100
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Broadly I agree but Suzukaze Mayu did such a great job here. And Saiga Mitsuki is an actress who can really pull this sort of role off, which is why I thought of her.
Regardless of how the anime turned out I thought she did a hell of a good job as Richard III. Even with Richard being something of a special case.