Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2022-12-21, 16:24   Link #621
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Why are they dueling? Why do they have a school for dueling? Why does anyone send their children to a murder school(which this one has to be with just the stuff we have seen so far).
I mean, did you not listen to the explanation provided by the show itself? Dueling system is made for these rich corpo pilot-students to settle conflicts between them that's too trivial for the law to interfere. And Delling added a rule where whoever aces the duels, gets the Holder title to marry his daughter (which itself provides a chance to be the successor to Benerit Group).

Quote:
Why send an idiot with an apparently unique MS someplace she would be found out instantly and the MS would fall into the hands of the enemy?
That's part of Prospera's mysterious plan that we are following and will judge later after we know the big picture.

Quote:
Why didn't the MS fall into the hands of the enemy? I mean they had control of Aerial all they had to do was tear into it but instead they had the stupid "trial" that was basically "It's a Gundam! No. It is not a Gundam. Yes it is. No it is not.".
Benerit already grabbed Aerial & detained Suletta in episode 2. But since Suletta is not dead and there's no Permet data-storm reading during Aerial fight in episode 1, Benerit still need to question Prospera (CEO of the company who made Aerial) in a trial. Benerit is still a corpo group after all, so they still need to listen to other members aside from Delling.

The result of the trial: Benerit can't technically prove that Aerial is a Gundam -> Delling didn't care and still wanted to purge Aerial -> Prospera made a deal with Vim Jeturk and also got the support of Peil to let Aerial duel once again, and Delling seemed to concede (since there's no solid proof). If Sule & Aerial win, they are free to go & attend school with Prospera sweetening the deal by providing Aerial's data to everyone in Benerit Group. It's all there in episode 2 if you just stop & listen.
Old 2022-12-22, 17:14   Link #622
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I mean, did you not listen to the explanation provided by the show itself? Dueling system is made for these rich corpo pilot-students to settle conflicts between them that's too trivial for the law to interfere. And Delling added a rule where whoever aces the duels, gets the Holder title to marry his daughter (which itself provides a chance to be the successor to Benerit Group).

That's part of Prospera's mysterious plan that we are following and will judge later after we know the big picture.

Benerit already grabbed Aerial & detained Suletta in episode 2. But since Suletta is not dead and there's no Permet data-storm reading during Aerial fight in episode 1, Benerit still need to question Prospera (CEO of the company who made Aerial) in a trial. Benerit is still a corpo group after all, so they still need to listen to other members aside from Delling.

The result of the trial: Benerit can't technically prove that Aerial is a Gundam -> Delling didn't care and still wanted to purge Aerial -> Prospera made a deal with Vim Jeturk and also got the support of Peil to let Aerial duel once again, and Delling seemed to concede (since there's no solid proof). If Sule & Aerial win, they are free to go & attend school with Prospera sweetening the deal by providing Aerial's data to everyone in Benerit Group. It's all there in episode 2 if you just stop & listen.
"Too trivial for the law" Like forced marriages and the formation of multi-million dollar companies.

Why could't they prove it is a Gundam? They have Aerial in their hands all they have to do is have their engineers look over it. The whole trial was just stupid and pointless and made everyone look like morons.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-22, 19:24   Link #623
Frontier

Quote:
"Too trivial for the law" Like forced marriages and the formation of multi-million dollar companies.

Why could't they prove it is a Gundam? They have Aerial in their hands all they have to do is have their engineers look over it. The whole trial was just stupid and pointless and made everyone look like morons.
So, yeah, definitely a Witch Trial .
Old 2022-12-22, 21:40   Link #624
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Yes, forced marriages is still a thing in many countries where governmental laws or law officers don't really interfere with. All that the law care is the paperworks.

And yes, "Gund-arm inc" is basically still within the subsidiary-level of Benerit Group so they can regulate a new start-up without any governmental law interference. Just like how Disney manage their subsidiary companies. The difference being, Asticassia students who are involved can refuse to obey certain Benerit policies.

Quote:
Something to do with Aerial not killing its pilot and no detectable Permet data-storm which I guess the main factors to determine that a Suit is a Gundam.

Also, instead of proving that Aerial is a Gundam and getting rid of it, Jeturk & Peil wanted the Gund-tech for themselves since Aerial doesn't kill its pilot. Heck, even Delling agreed to support Mio's Gund-arm inc. Right now, the only side who wants to purge Gundams is Sarius (Grassley).

That's what episode 7 amounted to. Peil was caught red-handed owning a Gundam by Sarius so they were being forced to expose Aerial being a Gundam too. Meanwhile, Jeturk tried to make a new deal with Prospera behind the stage during the party (only for Mio & Delling to foil their plan). So, right now, people know that Aerial & Pharact are Gundams, but they are legal under Gund-arm inc.

Like I said, you can get that info from the episodes themselves if you just pay attention and read between the lines.
Old 2022-12-25, 05:26   Link #625
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

I'm glad that the misunderstanding has been taken care of.
Seeing Vim erupt is always entertaining. And Shaddiq's sleaziness just bit him in the ass.
Quiet Zero. Now that we know that Mrs. Samaya and Delling are somehow in cahoots, but what exactly is their end goal?
Boy, that Beguir-Beu pilot from the prologue let himself go.
Getting a lot of Neena Trinity vibes from the Lfrith Ur pilot.
Aerial got blue shoulder armor in that short scene. Prospera installed upgrades it seems.

Last edited by Illsteir; 2022-12-25 at 06:15.
Illsteir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-25, 06:14   Link #626
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Now that Mio herself admitted how important Suletta's actions are in changing her character (for the better?), nobody can claim that "Suletta has never done anything for anybody" again. If you couldn't figured it out through watching Suletta's actions before, now the show actually spelled it out for you .

Now that the whole debacle is done, we are entering some real juicy plot now. Prospera & Delling scheming together in some capacity meanwhile Jeturk & Grassley want to off Delling while Peil seemingly sitting this one out. Battle of witches are coming...

Bob is a hostage, naturally. I hope he can do something next episode.
Old 2022-12-25, 06:24   Link #627
kari-no-sugata II

Hmm, I wonder if we're going to get any significant reveals next episode. It feels like it's going to be rather busy so looks like a lot of mysteries are going to be left hanging.

I wonder if Guel is going to end up saving his dad?
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-25, 06:29   Link #628
B214

Did i see wrong or was Aerial upgraded by Prospera?
That being said, hopefully we can see some character development from Suletta here.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-25, 07:49   Link #629
bdragonomega

Definitely looks like Aerial has some modifications.
Spoiler for Aerial:
bdragonomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-25, 08:35   Link #630
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

If someone told me a year ago that the new Gundam would be the best Yuri show of the year, I would have laughed at their face. But here we are. I'm really glad the misunderstanding was cleared up and that Miorine feels comfortable enough with Suletta to let her see her vulnerable side. She usually always puts up a tough and cold front so this was really nice.

Prospera and Delling apparently being in cahoots was a surprise for me. Looks like he's working on some massive secret project using the GUND format? Oh, and we found out Suletta reached permet score 6 during her battle with Shaddiq.

With Delling having been replaced by the two witches from Earth in the OP, I doubt he will survive next week's episode.
Old 2022-12-25, 08:54   Link #631
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdragonomega View Post
Definitely looks like Aerial has some modifications.
Given that we're due some space combat and that previously Ariel was weak in that environment, it's probably going to be rather necessary.

Is Suletta going to "light some candles" next time?
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-25, 09:31   Link #632
Frontier

What a great Christmas Gift first thing in the morning! The return of Suletta Sundays .

Now these kids are running their own ship? And they brought the animals too? Even Miorine realizes how ridiculous this all looks .

They replaced Delling and Prospera with Sophie and Norea, the Witch's from Earth! Fitting for their Final Boss status !

I see Kirisu-sensei still has strong opinions about Fumino's capability .

Poor Suletta...she's overcompensating to seem useful and like she has a place with Earth House and in the company because she feels if she doesn't no one is going to want her around and she'll lose everything she's gained. All her old anxiety and awkwardness is coming back to the forefront. Poor girl even lost her lunch because of a mistake .

I wonder if Bob noticing that the terrorists are using Jeturk Mobile Suits will go anywhere, assuming Guel's dad survives .

What is Quiet Zero and why is Prospera, who freely admits to her real identity, helping Delling with it? Is it some kind of equalizer against Gundams ?

(Also if Delling was an ex-soldier, does that mean he knows how to pilot a Mobile Suit ?)

Oh snap, it's the guy from the prologue who killed Eri's dad! And he's kind of let himself go! But he's finally back in the plot and I can only see it getting worse from here .

Uh oh. Sophie is obsessed with Suletta. I don't see that ending well .

Jeturk makes his usual conniving play and tries to screw over Grassley, but Delling is having none of it and turns it around on him. But to Jeturk's credit his usual bluster was just a cover so he could put a tracker on Dellings' guard so he'd have the target on his back that they need to kill him. Not that it stops Shaddiq from wanting to take Delling out too .

Miorine and Suletta's chase was great, especially Miorine crashing into stuff and then using her lack of stamina as a means of capturing Suletta. They even do the zero-g embrace which is a classic for Gundam couples .

Miorine owes so much to Suletta, she owes Suletta her newfound drive to move forward rather than remain passive and run away, and she owes her current happiness to Suletta as well, something she never would have found without her. Miorine desperately needs Suletta and does want her to keep taking care of her greenhouse, and as Miorine's groom Suletta is more than happy to oblige her. It was a very sweet (and even romantic) scene .

Class act, that Shaddiq. Wanting the girl you like to survive your assassination and coup attempt by sheer luck .

"I won't leave you" the fact that she said this to Aerial implies so, so much .

Plant Quetta is now under attack and cut off from communication, and Suletta and Miorine are separated as well. And Suletta is already being confronted by Sophie. Also, did Nika genuinely not know where her "family" was going to attack when they all traveled here? Because that definitely complicates things even more...
Old 2022-12-25, 09:47   Link #633
Twi

Episode review is done. Place your bets folks, who is going to live and who is going to die!

The fact that Prospera and Delling are no longer in the Intro hasn't escaped my notice though, so I suspect our bride and groom are about to be orphans thanks to the two new Witches from Earth taking their place.
Old 2022-12-25, 11:54   Link #634
Frontier

I feel like what's keeping Delling and Prospera safe are the fact that there's a lot we still don't know about them, their ultimate endgoal, and how they really feel about their children, moreso Prospera than Delling.

And also the fact that it seems like Prospera wants to work with Delling and what the implications of that are.
Old 2022-12-25, 12:12   Link #635
justavisitor

Quiet zero seems like some ultimate plan from gundam v or Neon Genesis Evangelion

And agree with Frontier, because of this reason at least one of them won't die
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-25, 13:43   Link #636
bdragonomega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Oh, and we found out Suletta reached permet score 6 during her battle with Shaddiq.
It sounds like Prospera actually said Aerial reached permet score 6 (which kind of makes sense considering all the rumors )
bdragonomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-25, 14:01   Link #637
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Well, since they went out of their way to add the two new brats to the OP, I guess these new "mean kids" won't be one-episode things?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-25, 14:33   Link #638
Laevatein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
If someone told me a year ago that the new Gundam would be the best Yuri show of the year, I would have laughed at their face. But here we are.
Although there is stiff competition from Lycoris Recoil.
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-25, 14:37   Link #639
Wandering Soul

Nice to see that Miroine and Suletta managed to work things out. I was really relating to Suletta there, both with wanting to make herself as useful as possible and internalizing everything her friends are doing as an criticism/insult towards her. Even now it's still something I struggle with. Those two managed to wrap everything up in a not quite kiss.

The fact that Prospera and Delling have been working together on something is surprising. We'll find out more though their absence from the OP leaves me doubt that both will survive next week.
Old 2022-12-25, 16:24   Link #640
magnuskn

Fantastic episode, which had me glued to the screen for the last half. And awwww for Suletta x Miorine as well.