AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-01-25, 23:09   Link #6041
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

People are assuming it's a way to distance the show from all the stuff going down at RT.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-25, 23:37   Link #6042
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It is still a Roosterteeth production though. Those who know will still see through the smokescreen.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-26, 02:56   Link #6043
RDNexus

What's happening at RT?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-26, 20:15   Link #6044
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Apparently it'll be available on RT-First a whole year after it premieres on CR, which is... bizarre.

I am uber-cheap, but this still pisses me off. I don't watch anime nearly as much anymore. I went to check Crunchyroll for a series I was interested in like a month or two ago and finally discovered that CR got rid of free-with-ads-and-a-one-week-delay. It's only subscription now.

I know subs aren't a lot, but I don't binge series. I might watch one series at a time, so I'd be subbing for like 4-5 episodes a month tops. $8/month is hardly a lot considering what I pay for some other things, but it's more the principle that I kinda just don't watch enough for me to want to sign up. Heck, I pay a lot more than that for cable and all I watch is sports... but the sports I watch are very high-value for me, hence I am fine paying for the package.

ANYWHO....

Trailer:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Only 10 episodes. I wonder if the episodes will be on the longer side...?

And is the season going to be like 90% team RWBY and maybe 10% the people *not* in Fairy Tale Land?

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-20, 15:51   Link #6045
RDNexus

Saw Volume 9 opening. Yep, totally dropped, not gonna pick it up again. RT ruined RWBY forever.
If there's a post-death world, Monty must be there rolling like mad in rage for what they've done.
Old 2023-02-20, 22:35   Link #6046
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNexus View Post
Saw Volume 9 opening. Yep, totally dropped, not gonna pick it up again. RT ruined RWBY forever.
If there's a post-death world, Monty must be there rolling like mad in rage for what they've done.
Just watched the opening. If I wasn't already so disenchanted with RWBY's direction perhaps I'd agree, but trying to be even the least bit objective I didn't see anything necessarily wrong with it.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-20, 23:21   Link #6047
The Green One

So RWBY goes to Wonderland basically....
Old 2023-02-21, 04:42   Link #6048
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Just watched the opening. If I wasn't already so disenchanted with RWBY's direction perhaps I'd agree, but trying to be even the least bit objective I didn't see anything necessarily wrong with it.
There's nothing exactly wrong there. Those eager to keep going may manage to still have a good time.
I just finally concluded RT screwed it up completely.
In a sense, only now did I reach the zenith of being disillusioned and disappointed with the story's direction.
Old 2023-02-21, 06:22   Link #6049
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Volume 9 will make or break the series at this point probably given all the controversies. As for me, I can't watch it as it airs as I have no Crunchy sub.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-21, 08:57   Link #6050
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Controversies aside, there's a reason it's getting a crossover movie with Justice League. The series is still doing just fine.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-21, 14:19   Link #6051
RDNexus

What controversies, if I may ask?
Old 2023-02-21, 18:02   Link #6052
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNexus View Post
What controversies, if I may ask?
I dunno about "controversy" as opposed to just a lot of negative response on the route the series has taken every since Monty Oum's death. It gets positive responses as well, but the series as a whole has a reputation online as being somewhere between a joke and a wasted opportunity at this point.
Old 2023-02-21, 18:17   Link #6053
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I dunno about "controversy" as opposed to just a lot of negative response on the route the series has taken every since Monty Oum's death. It gets positive responses as well, but the series as a whole has a reputation online as being somewhere between a joke and a wasted opportunity at this point.
An opinion shared by me, and even stated here a while ago.
RT smeared on the will of Monty Oum and his close ones and thought they could do better without his vision and leftover notes.
Well, we can see the results. I'm sure those positive towards current RWBY are those more used to american shows, since the story went that way from Vol04 onwards.
Its anime spirit dwindled over time, and I'm sad to see how it became. I also believe it had so much potential wasted by RT.
Old 2023-02-23, 21:16   Link #6054
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

This season feels like a massive unnecessary detour. Strong filler arc vibes.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-20, 11:35   Link #6055
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Jaune became a Hobo

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-20, 19:34   Link #6056
Twi

Honestly, its not a bad look for him.

But I doubt they'll keep him that age.
Old 2023-03-26, 05:38   Link #6057
darkofficer
just a devil

someone just got granddaddy issues

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-26, 08:42   Link #6058
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Anyone else think this whole Bumblebee romance is just forced? Like really? That's what Yang and Blake are worried about? There's like more important things to focus on than your love life :/

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-26, 09:14   Link #6059
grecefar

I'm not fan of the couple but I knew it was going to happen sooner or later, it is too popular. I guess they just did it to please the fans.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-26, 09:34   Link #6060
Twi

Yep. Honestly, I'm just interested in Jaune. There's no way he's making it out of this as an adult. Either he stays or he de-ages.

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby