AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2023-01-18, 14:30   Link #621
Shadow5YA

Well... I was wondering how Kana seemed to know about Ai's murder during the flashforward in the prologue.

It didn't look like Aqua is the type to open up personally (Akane just figured it out on her own), so I guess this is how.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-18, 14:33   Link #622
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
That look on Ruby's face though.

She can't complain, she was warned.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-18, 19:55   Link #623
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm loving this development. People were saying this arc would be "filler" because it would focus mainly on Kana but we got back to the main plot pretty fast. Aqua killed two birds with one stone by doing this: protected Kana and put some pressure on his father.

The fallout will be interesting. Aqua and Ruby will most likely receive a lot of sympathy and their popularity will skyrocket. Miyako wasn't in charge when Ai was an idol and she raised the twins, so she's probably safe. Ichigo? He was pretty much already done for but this is the end of the road for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
That look on Ruby's face though.

She can't complain, she was warned.
Yeah, no. It was a complete dick move to reveal their background to the press without warning Ruby first. Or Miyako, for that matter.

I'm not knowledgeable about idols but I doubt there has ever been a scandal of this scale. What happened with Ai is HUGE.
Old 2023-01-18, 20:53   Link #624
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Well that was... something.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-18, 21:53   Link #625
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm loving this development. People were saying this arc would be "filler" because it would focus mainly on Kana but we got back to the main plot pretty fast. Aqua killed two birds with one stone by doing this: protected Kana and put some pressure on his father.

The fallout will be interesting. Aqua and Ruby will most likely receive a lot of sympathy and their popularity will skyrocket. Miyako wasn't in charge when Ai was an idol and she raised the twins, so she's probably safe. Ichigo? He was pretty much already done for but this is the end of the road for him.

Yeah, no. It was a complete dick move to reveal their background to the press without warning Ruby first. Or Miyako, for that matter.

I'm not knowledgeable about idols but I doubt there has ever been a scandal of this scale. What happened with Ai is HUGE.
Is it really that big of a deal?

Ai died more than a decade ago, so most of her fans have likely moved on. Given that she was murdered over it when someone found out, no one could frame the company as being responsible for it. Ichigo was already retired and any of the connections he used had been transferred over to Ruby, who is already too popular for them not to back and instead they can use it for their own benefit.

The real issue will be the follow-up that we know is coming from the first nine chapters. Ruby is going to be put in a situation where she'll likely be in danger and I suspect that knowing Aqua would consider the risks and benefits he had a plan to use this to get to their father, who as far as anyone else would know is just an unknown factor or the guy who committed murder-suicide with his wife. If they can pin it on the already dead guy, his father might drop his guard and Aqua can just kill him quietly without anyone tracing the motive to him.
Old 2023-01-19, 00:02   Link #626
Key Board
Carbon

Aqua talked to Ruby about this earlier.

He has her consent.

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-19, 04:06   Link #627
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

People predicted it will end this way, but it was still brutal. I hope, Aqua has other motives for revealing the secret besides putting Kana of the hook.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-19, 07:18   Link #628
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
People predicted it will end this way, but it was still brutal. I hope, Aqua has other motives for revealing the secret besides putting Kana of the hook.
Revealing the secret also puts some pressure on his father. Aqua may not have revealed his identity, but people will no doubt start to wonder who knocked Ai up and Aqua can hold that information over his father's head to put forward whatever plan he has.
Old 2023-01-19, 07:24   Link #629
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Aqua talked to Ruby about this earlier.

He has her consent.

//
He doesn't. He didn't tell her what he would do exactly, she's clearly shocked.
Old 2023-01-21, 14:47   Link #630
Shadow5YA

Aqua was never the one to open up (then again, Ruby isn't either), so asking that vague question probably wasn't actually for getting Ruby's help or approval anyway.

He probably just asked to validate himself because he already had this in mind but was on the fence about doing it.
Old 2023-01-21, 16:08   Link #631
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Dammit dude! Why did I read that chapter? These days, I normally let 2-3 chapters build up before reading.

This week, I didn't do it and I regret it. Holy fucking cliffhanger bruh. Now I gotta wait in agony until the next chapter drops...
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-25, 10:21   Link #632
Twi

New chapter is out. Fallout time.
Old 2023-01-25, 11:58   Link #633
Shadow5YA

I guess it was always expected, but Aqua really going to take murdering the mastermind seriously.

Either he's expecting to take the fallout for being convicted of murder when it happens or he's going to die too.
Old 2023-01-25, 13:13   Link #634
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ruby's anger is justified IMO. That was something the two of them should have decided. If they had talked things out properly beforehand, Ruby would have probably ended up giving her approval. But going behind her back? You don't do that.

Their whole talk this chapter is even juicier given who they were in their past lives. Ruby is aiming for revenge for Goro's sake, and it's the same Goro who just did all this.

I will at least give Aqua the fact he's thinking about Ruby's future. Her career is pretty much secured now, and if he gets to their father before she does, she'll be free from that burden. I would even go as far as to say he went behind her back on purpose so she would hate him and it would hurt less when he dies/goes to prison/whatever.
Old 2023-01-25, 15:18   Link #635
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I doubt Aqua got to the concluion that Ruby is also after the person who planned Ai and Goros murder. So I am not sure why exactly he made Ruby hate him (he clearly got a motive for it but I do not see her planning the previous arc events being enough of a trigger for him).
Old 2023-01-25, 16:18   Link #636
Shadow5YA

He has always pushed away the people he cares about while thinking it's for the best. He distanced himself from Kana, broke up with Akane, and now this.
Old 2023-01-25, 18:31   Link #637
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

You know, Ruby is the one he neer actively tried to push away. Yes, he secretly did some things to protect her from presumed dangers, but he never pushed her away before no matter what.

Also, not related thing. For some reason after the recent arcs I have a stupid theory that Aka plans for Aqua to die at the end, reincarnate and end up with Ruby. Just for the matter, I am team Akane in shipping wars. But with how Aka pushes the fact that Ruby literarly tries to be a new Ai and her past life crush on Goro, such ending seems plausible (I am sure Aka won't go incest route).
Old 2023-01-25, 22:43   Link #638
Wandering Soul

Can't even blame Ruby for her anger. Revealing their big secret is something they both should have agreed upon. I guess in the end Aqua still got what he wanted as he saved Kana and he has put sone distance between him and Ruby. I guess now he can go after his father without anyone getting dragged down wih him.
Old 2023-01-26, 18:22   Link #639
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Damn... Aqua just went all in on the self-destructive path. Death flags have never been more obvious... Kana, please shine some light on our boy. He needs it!!!

Feels a little bad for Ruby, but she technically asked for this. She wanted Aqua to find their father for the whole revenge thing and she got him. What she didn't anticipate were the lengths he'd go to and the pitch black darkness he'd unhesitatingly step into to achieve said revenge.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-27, 11:58   Link #640
Twi

You know, I'm kind of dreading the conversation Aqua and Kana are going to have next chapter.

Tags
celebrities, entertainment world, reincarnation, revenge, tragedy