AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2021-03-23, 22:26   Link #1
Nymene

Talking SIM Generation : Kakuyasu Sumaho kara Hajimaru Kakusa Renai

So, while searching at Narou I just found this novel which meets my protagonist-type requirements !

It is this one : https://ncode.syosetu.com/n9073gt/

Title : SIM Generation : Kakuyasu Sumaho kara Hajimaru Kakusa Renai
Author : にのい・しち

Story Summary : About a future world where people's social standing are determined by the smartphone class and carrier levels where users of cheap ones are discriminated against. The setting is in a high school and features Romcom between poor boy protagonist and rich JP girl main heroine.

I liked the most about this novel is that the Protagonist is a Kokujin ( Black Person ) who's Half-Black Half-Japanese, which meets my requirements perfectly !!!

Even if he's Half-Black it still counts as he still has half of Black genetics in him, just like how Obama is viewed that way even though he's half-White.

And in the story, he wasn't described as having Kasshoku Hada or Brown skin, but "Makkuro", which means pitch black. This means as black as can be like in some people from Africa, and not just brown like former president Obama. An example for such a tone would be Cilvanis from Youtube, who can be described as "Makkuro". So yeah, the MC in this novel has a skin tone similar to Cilvanis from Youtube. That's very inclusive for Black representation in WNs and LNs, so I love the Author so much for taking the effort to write a story with such an MC when he can choose not to do so and write a standard JP Male MC instead.

I really appreciate and thankful to the Author for making a novel with that kind of MC since that is what I've been looking for, since I'm dark brown in real life, so I feel glad at finally having an MC that shares my skin tone or darker so I can better relate to and self-insert as such an MC when romancing the cute heroine(s) in it, since I'm forever alone and have never had a girlfriend in real life !

I hope that more Japanese novels and manga in the future would feature Half-Black MCs. It doesn't have to be Makkuro skin tone as that would be hard to illustrate for most Japanese LN artists, so even brown skin is good enough for dark-skin representation and diversity.

Last edited by Nymene; 2021-03-23 at 22:53.
Nymene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-24, 08:57   Link #2
kurosa

Quote:
Story Summary : About a future world where people's social standing are determined by the smartphone class and carrier levels where users of cheap ones are discriminated against
Sounds like Iphone user's paradise xD
I'll check it.
kurosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-16, 21:39   Link #3
Nymene

Cool

I hope the Author or anyone else writes a novel like this with a similar setting of "Half-Black" for the MC, but with an Isekai or Action Fantasy theme instead, similar to the Yasuke anime but set in an Isekai instead. Since he would also be half-Japanese, Narou fans would dig it, I think.
Old 2021-07-25, 11:12   Link #4
SamVision

I dont know man, a protagonist's ethnicity shouldnt alone be a sign of quality. Besides if the author really had balls they wouldnt have made them half-Japanese, they would have gone all in and make them 100% "foreigner". I know I would.
SamVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-29, 19:36   Link #5
Nymene

Wink

I hope there will be other Narou novels with an MC like this, but longer. It can even be Isekai or low fantasy
Old 2021-12-04, 10:28   Link #6
Nymene

Hopefully more novels will be made with Half-Black MCs for this brown old me to self insert as lol
Old 2023-02-22, 22:22   Link #7
Nymene

Hopefully we get more Half-Black Protagonists like this in JP novels

Tags
black protagonist, ojousama heroine, single heroine