AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-02-19, 20:17   Link #61
Rasty

^ That's exactly the problem though. Heal a sentient undead and watch him squirm in agony .
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-20, 01:30   Link #62
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
^ That's exactly the problem though. Heal a sentient undead and watch him squirm in agony .
As an attack move in a fight, sure, it happens. As a method of torture, like you just described... you'll have a fallen Paladin immediately. Paladins don't torture.
Old 2023-02-24, 10:25   Link #63
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
As an attack move in a fight, sure, it happens. As a method of torture, like you just described... you'll have a fallen Paladin immediately. Paladins don't torture.
Why? because they lost their holy powers because of bad act? Or because it causes something to appear in their stat sheet than proper paladins doesn't have?
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-24, 12:48   Link #64
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
Why? because they lost their holy powers because of bad act? Or because it causes something to appear in their stat sheet than proper paladins doesn't have?
Because they are lawful good and torture is an evil act.
Old 2023-02-25, 15:03   Link #65
Rasty

I really hope Seika left some serious defensive measures for Eifa. The town looks about a hundred times more dangerous than going with him to the nest. Not only is there no guarantee the dragon won't come again, but there is also a whole mercenary gang with an axe to grind for him and a prince that is pretty set on making her his toy.

Also, I would get it if he tried to keep his distance from Eifa, but not even acknowledging that she likes him despite even being directly told makes him look like an absolute idiot.
Old 2023-02-25, 15:18   Link #66
Lex79

Eh, I hope we are getting some romantic development after this arc. It was already hinted that he actually doesn't want Yiifa to leave him.
Old 2023-02-25, 17:50   Link #67
magnuskn

Eh, at this point I think it'd be much better for Yifa to get away from the ruthless monster which is Seika. Although, since he is the protagonist, either she'll flat out refuse, because hopeless love, or the prince and his henchwoman are going to turn out to have been evil all along or something like that.

Also, that was some pretty compressed storytelling.
Old 2023-02-25, 18:15   Link #68
Alchemist007
*Author

Neat transition to the ED, like whoa she got the other girls and stepped in front of him in a few seconds .
Old 2023-02-25, 19:31   Link #69
grecefar

With how seika was acting this chapter the prince is looking better than him and he looks sincere. But yeah I expect the prince being and ass or something like that but this was the lowest seika until now acting like a dick and clueless idiot.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-25, 19:43   Link #70
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
With how seika was acting this chapter the prince is looking better than him and he looks sincere. But yeah I expect the prince being and ass or something like that but this was the lowest seika until now acting like a dick and clueless idiot.
Agreed. Speaking about acting terribly, his scolding Yifa after her freezing up is one. Firstly she was clearly shocked and needed some mental care first before taking lessons for the future (really, she needed a hug). And secondly, it was mainly Seika's failure as a teacher, not her as a fighter. If you don't want the fighter to freeze up when in an unexpected situation you need to train him to reflexively do something useful, most likely fire off a spell without thinking.

I guess a veteran fighter might simply not panic and think out the best reaction, but you can't expect the same from a newbie.

As for the prince, while I wouldn't be surprised if he was secretly an absolute bastard (since usual anime logic tends to put the guys that hire terrible people secretly on the same level), for the time being, he seems to like playing with girls a lot. Not necessarily in the forceful sense, but the type that promises them the stars, gets them into his bed and when he gets bored of them he just kicks them off. Though the night summons hints at him not shying away from a bit more underhanded tactics.
Old 2023-02-26, 02:09   Link #71
Lex79

It doesn't feel to me that the prince will turn out to be an evil bastard, only a womanizer, and even then it's possible that he actually sincerely loves his harem. Still, no matter how wonderful of a person he may be, there are no chances Yifa is going to chose him over Seika (unless she goes "I'm a failure of a retainer, Master will be better without me").
Old 2023-02-26, 03:14   Link #72
magnuskn

Honestly, Seika was so bad this episode in his interactions that I kinda have a tiny spark of hope the show (or probably rather the original source it is based on) may ultimately go "Nope, you screwed up this life as well". Yeah, pie in the sky thinking, I know, I know.
Old 2023-02-26, 09:17   Link #73
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Seika is such an unlikable sociopath its kind of hard to want him and Yifa to stick together.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-26, 12:47   Link #74
haseo0408

I donīt understand why you dislike Seika so much, the guy was betrayed in the worst possible way in his last life, and sure as hell he has all the reason in the world to be bitter over it, thatīs why he Yifa, and all the girls at a safe distance, trust and faith are not something that can be easily rebuilt once lost. He sure as hell is ruthless but heīs no sociopath, he cares deeply for those around him specially Yifa, thatīs why he wants the for her but heīs scared as hell to feel something for her.

Just look at how the elf girl talked about him, she considers him a monster and wants Yifa to get away from him, but, they asked for help from that very same monster and when he no longer is needed they get rid of him because of paranoia, disgusting. After watching this and starting to read Demon Sword Master of the Excalibur Academy I have to wonder, who in his right mind would be a Hero in a fantasy world, when most likely the ruling would see you as a weapon to discarded after the job is done.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-26, 13:20   Link #75
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
Agreed. Speaking about acting terribly, his scolding Yifa after her freezing up is one. Firstly she was clearly shocked and needed some mental care first before taking lessons for the future (really, she needed a hug). And secondly, it was mainly Seika's failure as a teacher, not her as a fighter. If you don't want the fighter to freeze up when in an unexpected situation you need to train him to reflexively do something useful, most likely fire off a spell without thinking.
There is a reason the author made him a guy from the Heian era rather than the modern world. I'm pretty sure "mental care" hadn't been invented yet.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-26, 14:08   Link #76
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
I donīt understand why you dislike Seika so much, the guy was betrayed in the worst possible way in his last life, and sure as hell he has all the reason in the world to be bitter over it, thatīs why he Yifa, and all the girls at a safe distance, trust and faith are not something that can be easily rebuilt once lost.
If you ignore MC bias and whatnot you're basically defending a "cycle of abuse" here; a shitty past can only go so far to justify a shitty person in the present.
Quote:
Just look at how the elf girl talked about him, she considers him a monster and wants Yifa to get away from him, but, they asked for help from that very same monster and when he no longer is needed they get rid of him because of paranoia, disgusting.
In the same episode ALL his friends told him what NOT to do with Yifa which he proceeded to do anyway, pissing off his ferret familiar too. He's a complete shitbag and the series seems aware that he's a shitbag, but whether that changes anything remains to be seen.

For the record though I'm not really taking this show very seriously; its a 3.5/10 or so IMO and I'm mostly just curious as to how it executes.
Old 2023-02-26, 15:27   Link #77
magnuskn

I'm basically also now watching only to see if the show has the balls to have all the abusive and terrible behaviour of the MC explode in his face at some point. Probably not, but I guess there is a tiny sliver of hope of seeing him get his comeuppance.
Old 2023-02-26, 17:36   Link #78
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
If you ignore MC bias and whatnot you're basically defending a "cycle of abuse" here; a shitty past can only go so far to justify a shitty person in the present.In the same episode ALL his friends told him what NOT to do with Yifa which he proceeded to do anyway, pissing off his ferret familiar too. He's a complete shitbag and the series seems aware that he's a shitbag, but whether that changes anything remains to be seen.

For the record though I'm not really taking this show very seriously; its a 3.5/10 or so IMO and I'm mostly just curious as to how it executes.
Here it's more of shity pastt justify associal standofish person in present. So far he treat people around him pretty well and that's true especially with Yifa. There is nothing wrong with giving her choice. Not giving her option would make him shitbag as it would mean he treating her like slave, which is obviously worse then friendzoning her.

Honestly I would do same.
Old 2023-02-26, 18:19   Link #79
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Not giving her option would make him shitbag as it would mean he treating her like slave, which is obviously worse then friendzoning her.
Did you miss the scene early on where he publicly demanded she withdraw so he could spend time with Amu? He may treat her better than his brother but he still very much treats her like a slave. Giving her an "option" is for his own self satisfaction and literally everyone close to him tried to stop him, but he didn't because he has zero fucking empathy.

If you don't like "sociopath" maybe Machiavellian or narcissist could work. The label isn't as important as the lack of empathy it implies.
Old 2023-02-26, 18:32   Link #80
Tenzen12

Machiavellian is definitely good descriptions Narcissist? Mmm, I don't think it quite it. And regardless whether he did it for self satisfaction or not it was still right thing to do.

Also Seika has no obligation reciprocate anyone feelings no matter how much others are pushing him to. If anything telling him to not to do that was much more selfish.