Notices

Old 2022-12-26, 04:32   Link #181
Dextro
He Without a Title

A severe lack of underground mafia golf tournaments in that trailer
Old 2023-04-07, 17:01   Link #182
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

And it's back. It's been almost a year, huh? They picked immediately where they left off, even the OP remains the same. Aoi has her priority straight (or should I say gay?), she was gunning for that kiss. Fuck that rock, man.

I figured out Eve could also do the zone thing when she said the girl was doing "orange". And apparently it brings back memories to the surface when she uses it. It seems like it's becoming more and more likely she's Aoi's half-sister.
Old 2023-04-07, 17:57   Link #183
azarhal

It's back! I actually binge watched this last December, so the wait for me wasn't too long.

They really started where they left off. Super gay, very anime and ridiculous plot.

I've been expecting what happens at the end of this episode after watching the first cour. The hints have been there. Now the question is where this is going. Aoi looks nothing like her supposed parents so...

Funny bits: they made a foreigner vs japanse names joke. Each time they announced Eve and Aoi teams, they presented Aoi using Amawashi but Eve using Evangeline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Aoi has her priority straight (or should I say gay?),
There was nothing straight about Aoi in this episode, so gay!
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-07, 18:14   Link #184
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
I've been expecting what happens at the end of this episode after watching the first cour. The hints have been there. Now the question is where this is going. Aoi looks nothing like her supposed parents so...
Amuro rushing to Aoi and screaming her first name may be hinting he's her real father. His concern over her simply feeling weak could be because his disease is hereditary.

This way Aoi and Eve would only be sisters-in-law, making the yuri perfectly ok.
Old 2023-04-07, 19:09   Link #185
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Amuro rushing to Aoi and screaming her first name may be hinting he's her real father. His concern over her simply feeling weak could be because his disease is hereditary.

This way Aoi and Eve would only be sisters-in-law, making the yuri perfectly ok.
Yup, lots of little stuff pointing to Amuro being Aoi's dad. Including the opening sequences where all the characters shows up: Amuro is looking at Siera, but Kazuhiko is looking toward the other blond woman...
Old 2023-04-08, 03:10   Link #186
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Can anyone confirm that episode 14 has one of the longest post-credit scene in anime history?

Also, watching Eve holding, aiming & firing that figurative rifle reminded me of Madlax protags.
Old 2023-04-08, 05:37   Link #187
Alchemist007
*Author

With Golgo tier Trickshottery.
Old 2023-04-08, 05:46   Link #188
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
The game's coming out soon with English and Traditional Chinese aside from Japanese. Wondering if they're banking on the international viewers?

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-14, 14:40   Link #189
azarhal

Kaede and Himekawa are bored in their semi-final match and we don't even see their opponents.

Eve is such a annoying little brat sometimes.

Aoi's got a power up! and a power down because she got her daddy's disease or whatever he has.

Eve's parents confirmed...meltdown following, because watcher didn't pay attention to the rest of the episode and Aoi couldn't watch it. So many hints about Aoi's real father in it, he even collapsed like her and her mom even goes "this is the golf I love so much".

Now the question is was Aoi brainwashed by her real parents to think Kazuhiko was her dad. Seira clearly knows who is the dad at least.

Oh and it's Evangeline Burton now. Also, Rainbow shot with backspin. Lets just say that Himekawa and Kaede were killed in golf.
Old 2023-04-14, 14:52   Link #190
Dop
Mmmm....

Burton? BURTON? So whaddya know, Birdie Wing really IS the sequel to Madlax!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-14, 18:38   Link #191
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm glad they didn't wait to reveal who Eve's parents were given the massive hint dropped last week. And this episode was all about dropping even more hints that Aoi is Amuro's daughter, so I'm expecting Amuro and Seira to have a very awkward but necessary conversation with Aoi and Eve next week.

I'm guessing this whole mess was caused by Aoi's grandfather. Amuro and Seira wanted to marry but he wouldn't have it because Amuro wasn't famous enough, so Grandpa somehow forced Kazuhiko into a marriage of convenience with Seira and Aoi was raised and marketed as the child of two golf geniuses. If that's the case, no wonder she looks so depressed in the preview. Give her the kiss she's been begging for, Eve!

Now waiting for the inevitable reveal Leo/Char is Seira/Sayla's brother (they have the exact same hair and eye colors).

This plot sounds straight out of some soap opera but it's fitting for an over the top series like this one.
Old 2023-04-15, 03:56   Link #192
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Wow, who knew that they actually realized "Amuro x Sayla" in anime form via Birdie Wing. They even had a cute daughter. But Amuro is now about to die after hooking up with Sayla just like in the MSG novel. And their daughter also suffered the same illnes as Amuro. Man, the struggle of Gundam characters is still real even in different universe .

Also, yeah. They brought back the Burton name again. Madlax character cameo incoming?
Old 2023-04-15, 06:23   Link #193
azarhal

Since the doctors can't find what is wrong with Aoi, I'm starting to think that their disease is "love sickness". Their golf is powered by love, if they don't feel loved by the person they love they can't play.

Amuro got his symptoms when Seira and Kazuhiko started their "marriage" in their 20s.
Aoi really needed that kiss before the semi-final...

I don't think Amuro is dying, I think his comment about "there is no time" was about Aoi. She needed to go pro before the symptoms started...

It makes as much sense as anything else in this show anyhow.
Old 2023-04-15, 07:44   Link #194
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Since the doctors can't find what is wrong with Aoi, I'm starting to think that their disease is "love sickness". Their golf is powered by love, if they don't feel loved by the person they love they can't play.
I'm calling it now, Aoi will go into a coma, only to be revived when Eve gives Aoi that kiss she so wants. She's not sick, she's just pining for a smooch!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-15, 21:08   Link #195
Alchemist007
*Author

Good. Didn't expect Madlax references, but I guess I see a bit of character design in her.
Old 2023-04-17, 20:50   Link #196
chaosprophet

Quote:
Now the question is was Aoi brainwashed by her real parents to think Kazuhiko was her dad. Seira clearly knows who is the dad at least.
I don't think there is any need for brainwashing to be involved. They just never told her Amuro was her real father, and for all the world too she was Kazuhiko's and Seira's daughter.

Like how some adopted kids, ones that were adopted as a baby/very young, but never told that wa the case by the parents who raised them. I wouldn't call that brainwashing.
Old 2023-04-18, 06:44   Link #197
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
I don't think there is any need for brainwashing to be involved. They just never told her Amuro was her real father, and for all the world too she was Kazuhiko's and Seira's daughter.

Like how some adopted kids, ones that were adopted as a baby/very young, but never told that wa the case by the parents who raised them. I wouldn't call that brainwashing.
I brought up brainswashing because this episode had scenes where Aoi used to see Kazuhiko switch to Amuro's face and voice after Amuro "cast a spell on her". Also, she clearly forgot that she learned Amuro's golf in the past.
Old 2023-04-18, 15:29   Link #198
ryllharu

Quote:
I brought up brainswashing because this episode had scenes where Aoi used to see Kazuhiko switch to Amuro's face and voice after Amuro "cast a spell on her". Also, she clearly forgot that she learned Amuro's golf in the past.
Nah, just the imperfection of memory. Especially young childhood.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-18, 15:55   Link #199
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
Nah, just the imperfection of memory. Especially young childhood.
Imperfection of memory can't account for a whole childhood's worth of memories though. Aoi seems to have tons of memories of training with Kazuhiko as father and daughter. If those memories aren't real, the show has some explaining to do, because "imperfection of memory" can't explain that.
Old 2023-04-18, 17:52   Link #200
Chosen_Hero

Eve was in an accident as a child, remember that she was found hurt and with amnesia.

Tags
golf, sports