Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-07-24, 19:34   Link #61
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
The ep itself was okay. I did like Akira's quick thinking to save the club guy and Kencho. Shows that he's not just a meathead like the girl from last ep thought. In a way, I was kinda hoping Kencho to fall to his death, as that would be the reality of such a situation, but I guess he played rugby too, so he's athletic enough to make a close jump. That, and I guess they did the 'acquaintance dies to zombies' aspect at the end of the previous episode.
Akira pulling that car alarm trick out of his ass (how did he know it would work?) and then spending three minutes apologizing at the top of his lungs is a perfect example of his being smart and stupid as the plot demands it. Pretty lazy writing, really.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-24, 23:42   Link #62
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Akira pulling that car alarm trick out of his ass (how did he know it would work?) and then spending three minutes apologizing at the top of his lungs is a perfect example of his being smart and stupid as the plot demands it. Pretty lazy writing, really.
Sometimes it seems like he's running on pure instinct .
Old 2023-07-25, 14:16   Link #63
Strahan

As to the car alarm (it was actually just the horn, he taped his football to it to hold it down), he probably didn't know it was gonna work but in most zombie movies sound can draw them so it would be a logical thing to try. Just like how stoic girl was watching them to get ideas. Though of course they're all fiction, so it's not like it may have any bearing on reality but I guess it's better than nothing lol

PS speaking of sound drawing them, his choice of conveyance is pretty stupid then as Harleys aren't known for being quiet
Strahan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-30, 12:24   Link #64
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Agreed, he seems to be able to survive and know stuff just becuase the plot demands it, he is going around riding the loudest damn vehicle he could have chosen yet he doesn't get a whole city's worth of zombies to pounce on him at every turn? He can leap across an entire streets lenght to another building how exactly? Why is he just constantly screaming if he knows that loud sounds attract them? Why did his neighbors doors get taken down but his is still just fine? Wait.. how does he know how to ride a motocycle in the first place? Have they even hinted at what could have started the zombie apocalypse yet? Do they even know if the zombies will decay with time until they are just bones or if they are being kept whole by the usual bs zombie magic where they never decompose?

There is just too damn much that is just left up in the air and we are supposed to just accept without any proper explanation, one of the things I love about Highschool of the Dead was the fact that they tried to learn how the zombies worked, which let's us as the readers/watchers understand how they could move about, survive against zombies and what the dangers were (just knowing the zombies were blind and that they used sound to attack was enough to let us understand a lot) and that's taking into account that HotD could be almost as out there as this show especially with the action (when the MC in HotD hops on a bike and starts fighting zombies using it, I feel the hype, when this one hops on his Harley I can't help but facepalm since nothing concrete has been established about the rules against zombies), but I never found myself questioning or being annoyed at the characters actions, I just believed they could survive such a situation.

I am willing to keep giving this show until that last episode of the season but they have to at least explain a few things to keep my interest.

P.S. Oh boy, saw some drama going on with the manga, from what I can gather apparently mangakas can't help but to fuck up their own stories by pissing off the fanbase... might be something to keep in mind.

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2023-07-30 at 17:24.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-30, 13:31   Link #65
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

One of the major plot "holes" people noticed with western zombie shows was that they were never shown riding bikes, when in practical terms it's one of the best forms of transport in a post-apocalyptic world since it's faster than walking, but not as fuel hungry or noisy as a car (at the cost of speed) so it was very interesting for me to see the protagonist use his bike to run errands in ep2.

And then we see him trade his bike up for a harley in the next scene smh

And then we see him jump from one building to another in ep3

despite all that though I'd still stick with this one for now, the last zombie anime I've watched if I recall correctly was Gakkou Gurashi and that one apparently came out in 2015 lmao

Kabaneri came out in 2016 but i don't really consider that to be a proper zombie anime soo..
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-30, 15:04   Link #66
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

It's nice the zombies decided to not crowd around the entrance of the store while the protagonists got out
Then again, even if they were there, they would magically turn really slow and lose to the protagonists anyways. I mean, look, he just carried the huge thing on the bike while moving at high speeds with no probs at all. Zombies couldn't bite into their flesh with all that muscle

Also no, this isn't Narou. I had to double-check.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-31, 06:49   Link #67
Huh...?

Why do Zombies have waste beautiful women like that.
And our boy didn't even get to crack his nuts while his friend did (if that first woman hadn't zombified first, MC would have had a chance with her).
Also I am tired of the same old "weak minded guy gets bitten but keeps quite and ends up zombifing and infecting others" troupe.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-31, 11:00   Link #68
Frontier

Nothing like rooftop camping with a zombie apocalpyse going on right below you! It's almost like there's nothing wrong as you BBQ and play video games. I'm half-expecting Akira's shooting game to give him legit zombie shooting skills at this point .

Never thought I'd see a zombie fart. Also I love how the zombie fireman was spewing flames and the zombie driving the gas tank was still eating .

Akira taking a page out of his lady acquaintances playbook in a spectacular explosion and escape .

Oh hey, they found survivors! And wouldn't you know it, three of them are cute girls! And flight attendants too, in fact! It's like the world is trying to push Akira to complete his bucket list .

Who would've thought you could turn getting stuck in a convenience store in an underground mall with zombies trying to break through the door into a group date? Not that anyone is quite in the mood for it. Kencho knows how to romance a lady, though, while Akira...not so much. Though snorting tequila sure livened things up .

It's always the one surprise infectee that screws it up for everybody .

Reika is Best Girl by virtue of being voiced by Yoko Hikasa and her love of booze. Too bad she was the first to bite it. It doesn't pay to be a flight attendant .

Kencho just straight up taking Maki upstairs so they could bang. I mean, respect. I also love how they went another round rather than immediately investigating the zombie-like noises Kencho heard .

Poor Maki dying and zombified while dazed and in her underwear .

Well, Yukari may have a boyfriend, but she's still a good and nice enough person to take care of Akira as he pukes. And they're both able to open up about how their careers didn't turn out as glamorous as they expected and whether it was the right dream...but Akira also helps Yukari realize she really did want to be a flight attendant and why she loved her job. Too bad it came just as she gets turned into zombie chow, but not before pushing Akira forward .

Yukari's death hits Akira hard...until he sees the widescreen TV. Um...a guys' gotta live, I guess ?

Well, I guess if anything came out of this it's Akira realizing he needs to be true to his own dreams. I wonder what his is though ?
Old 2023-07-31, 12:05   Link #69
Chosen_Hero

- How do they keep getting all of these stuff so easily? How are they carrying it all in a Harley?

- Pretty jarring how conveniently not one zombie seems to be attracted at the loud motorcycle they are driving around in.

- Why are there still trucks with zombified people driving around and crashing into random stuff at this point? Hasn't it been days since it zombie apocalypse started?

- Getting heavily wasted in the middle of a zombie apocalypse... yep, you are meant to die if you are not the MC.

- So the friend has already been here for one episode and already got laid... is it a rule in (most non borderline hentai) manga that the MC can't get laid while his friend or someone else gets to have all the fun?

- Wow, so he just let Maki die like that? He didn't even try to help her at all and didn't seem to care much that she died... these are the heroes of the story?

- How did Reika start rotting so fast? We seriously need some explanation about this zombie outbreak.

- And the last girl gets bitten in the most ridiculous way possible... I really can't take this show seriously when it suddenly tries to be emotional using characters that exist only to die by the end of the episode...

- And the "emotional" scene immediately gets undercut by them caring more about a T.V. than the fact that these people just died... great.

- Oh, how convenient that the horde of zombies just evaporated the moment the others died... seriously what the hell is this show trying to be anyways?

- Yep, she existed only so that he could add one more entry on his list, not because she was a real character.
Old 2023-07-31, 15:41   Link #70
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
- How do they keep getting all of these stuff so easily? How are they carrying it all in a Harley?
I assume they've been periodically driving around Tokyo and grabbing stuff and bringing it back to the roof (setting aside how dangerous that is). Like they did with the TV here.
Quote:
- Pretty jarring how conveniently not one zombie seems to be attracted at the loud motorcycle they are driving around in.
I guess they just outrun them all?
Quote:
- Why are there still trucks with zombified people driving around and crashing into random stuff at this point? Hasn't it been days since it zombie apocalypse started?
It's Japan. There's always a truck running around that could hit someone .
Quote:
- Getting heavily wasted in the middle of a zombie apocalypse... yep, you are meant to die if you are not the MC.
It's like they're torn between acting like idiots and acting like they actually know what they're doing .
Quote:
- So the friend has already been here for one episode and already got laid... is it a rule in (most non borderline hentai) manga that the MC can't get laid while his friend or someone else gets to have all the fun?
I guess it's because Akira might be saving himself for the "girl of his dreams."
Quote:
- Wow, so he just let Maki die like that? He didn't even try to help her at all and didn't seem to care much that she died... these are the heroes of the story?
I think Reika moved too fast for him to react and he probably recognized she was a goner by then.
Quote:
- How did Reika start rotting so fast? We seriously need some explanation about this zombie outbreak.
Maybe they just naturally decay when they turn? Including those who were infected without getting bitten from the initial outbreak (I assume)?
Quote:
- And the last girl gets bitten in the most ridiculous way possible... I really can't take this show seriously when it suddenly tries to be emotional using characters that exist only to die by the end of the episode...
I feel like that's kind of common in zombie stories...
Quote:
- And the "emotional" scene immediately gets undercut by them caring more about a T.V. than the fact that these people just died... great.
Yeah, that took me out of it too.
Quote:
- Oh, how convenient that the horde of zombies just evaporated the moment the others died... seriously what the hell is this show trying to be anyways?
The ones outside? I guess they just stumbled off.
Quote:
- Yep, she existed only so that he could add one more entry on his list, not because she was a real character.
He inspired her to believe in her dream again, she...just helped add to his bucket list .
Old 2023-07-31, 18:41   Link #71
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This show keeps getting worse every week. As pointed out, it barely makes sense, and the characters aren't exactly likeable. I'm hoping it will improve once the full party is assembled.
Old 2023-07-31, 19:55   Link #72
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yeah, hard drop here for the reasons stated above and more.
Old 2023-07-31, 20:12   Link #73
Applehell

Pretty sure you have turn your brain off for this and just vibe with the mood, cause doing any thinking about... just about anything that's happening will drive you nuts.

I'm not too surprised that this show ended up going like this based on ep 2's laissez-faire approach to current devastation. All the substance and evocative directing existed just existed in ep 1 it seems.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-31, 20:23   Link #74
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Pretty sure you have turn your brain off for this and just vibe with the mood, cause doing any thinking about... just about anything that's happening will drive you nuts.

I'm not too surprised that this show ended up going like this based on ep 2's laissez-faire approach to current devastation. All the substance and evocative directing existed just existed in ep 1 it seems.
I think the direction and animation are still on-point, it's just staying true to the kind of "break" and sense of freedom and passion that happened in episode 1, for better or worse.
Old 2023-07-31, 20:49   Link #75
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

In this sort of story you really need to care about the MC and whether he lives or dies. Him being just sort of shallow moron who doesn't seem to care himself makes that a big hill to climb.
Old 2023-07-31, 22:06   Link #76
Frontier

Quote:
In this sort of story you really need to care about the MC and whether he lives or dies. Him being just sort of shallow moron who doesn't seem to care himself makes that a big hill to climb.
I view him more as an extreme free spirit .
Old 2023-08-01, 03:25   Link #77
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
It's a great oneshot that should not have gotten a full series run. Because there was no cohesive plan beyond it.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-01, 06:50   Link #78
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I view him more as an extreme free spirit .
Or another word for that, a sociopath.
Old 2023-08-01, 12:08   Link #79
Tenzen12

It's not like he doesn't care about other people, but seriously life goes on and there is no point getting depressed over things you can't change anyway.

I wouldn't be depressed or hysterical either. At least knowing myself I don't think I would.
Old 2023-08-01, 12:47   Link #80
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

It's confirmed, if you're not one of the 4 people shown in the OP you're not going to survive

At this point I'm sure we'd only see other survivors live long enough for the protagonist to cross something off his bucket list.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote