Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-07-28, 10:10   Link #141
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post

Spoiler for In Thea's head, one loafer is smiling and reading on another member's bed:

Oh, right, she did that. The one she loves is Lily.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-28, 21:07   Link #142
Alchemist007
*Author

Wish they hadn't shown Matilda smiling like a psycho, a bit of subtlety can go a long way.
Old 2023-07-31, 04:36   Link #143
EroKing

Images
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-12 at 09:32.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-03, 11:44   Link #144
scififan

Erna can detect mushroomhead's sniper attack, buy the girls is saved due to sensei's just in time appearance.

The girls can evade counterintelligence team. It means they are not the last places in their classes. The sensei helps girls to coverup their mistakes.

Thea realizes she's been fooled. The toolbox turns out to be a assassination device. Annette helps her team to amend their mistake.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-03, 14:25   Link #145
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Good thing there's one person who has her head on straight in that team, I guess. Not sure if anyone would have bet on Annette being that person, but it is what it is.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-03, 17:57   Link #146
Alchemist007
*Author

Ruthless countered by ruthless.
Old 2023-08-03, 18:12   Link #147
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Thea is really a terrible spy. Didn't bother to check Maltida's desires. Couldn't smell the blood on her when White Spider guy and Anette noticed it immediately. Probably Monika too, since she seemed to be aware of everything. Erna I can let it slide, her abilities aren't meant for this sort of thing.

But hey, everything's well that ends well. One less enemy spy to worry about, and it will indeed serve as a good lesson for Thea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Good thing there's one person who has her head on straight in that team, I guess. Not sure if anyone would have bet on Annette being that person, but it is what it is.
She's smart but I don't know about having her head on straight. The main reason she killed the person she thought was her mother is because she implied she's short. Chose a cruel method of execution too, letting her starve to death (note: funny there isn't a term in English for dying due to lack of water, because that's what would have actually killed her).

Annette may not be Matilda's real daughter and she may not have any memories of her but she's a lot like her.
Old 2023-08-03, 19:06   Link #148
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

(note: funny there isn't a term in English for dying due to lack of water
Dehydration?
Old 2023-08-03, 20:03   Link #149
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Annette was the mvp here, she figured everything out.

She is a great example of not judging a book by it's cover.

Klaus got to go face to face with the person he was looking for even though it was for a short time.
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-03, 20:16   Link #150
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Again, I really think Thea should just give up on the spy thing. She's got the sex appeal angle down pat. But that's not going to do her much good when people can pretty easily think 3 steps ahead of her. I can't even blame Matilda for going into villain gloating mode. It's just too satisfying to take advantage of someone who's main talent...is taking advantage of others. Even when Matilda blatantly shows off her true self. Just a bit of playing around has Thea utterly frozen. Absolutely ready to let a clear psychopath go that could end up killing a ton of people in the future because she'd feel bad about explaining why she did it.

Thank god Annette has some sense to her. Completely insane, but at least it's more helpful than Thea's foolishness. Annette snapped and her anger swallowed her up. But she directed her actions in a way that would help the team and her "mother". I doubt she has any care towards the country itself. But at the very least she'll take the actions needed. She cleaned up the mess left behind instead of letting Matilda continue to go off causing havoc. Sure she left a 1% chance of survival, but it really was just 1%. Probably not even that considering Matilda's personality.

Matilda really was a piece of work. Absolute scum that certainly deserved what she got. For all the fear and disgust she had towards Annette...she was impressively ignorant of her threat level. She should have had a sense of what Annette was capable of. Even if only in terms of ability. She literally remade her toolbox perfectly. It's amazing that she never even considered that the explosive would be the same. Literally blew herself up. Probably did that before even trying the burner that was designed to fail. If she'd tried that then she would have really had a reason to be suspicious. Instead...she just went for the bombing.

At least things worked out. Sadly Lily was way less useful in this than I thought she might be. The most she did was help lock things down so the Mushroom head couldn't easily escape. Otherwise she was just a convenient target for exposition. I also kind of question her scolding Erna when clearly Thea is the only person there that needs a stern talking to over her foolishness.
Old 2023-08-03, 20:41   Link #151
Wandering Soul

For an arc that seems like it would be Thea's time to shine, Annette actually ended up stealing the show. I'm honestly left with more doubts about Thea's ability to be spy without seduction on her side.
Old 2023-08-03, 21:37   Link #152
grecefar

indeed, this mission only put thea in the bottom of the bottom of the barrel of being a spy. Hell even when matilda spell it out for her that she was evil she didn't do anything. Her staying on her beliefs doesn't work in the spy world and she is lucky that monika, annette and klaus were there to clean her mess.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-04, 03:01   Link #153
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

At least she was able to manipulate Monica on her side. I was already spoiled about how this will end but Anette still surprised me a bit.
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-04, 06:58   Link #154
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Dehydration?
I meant there's no *** to death as opposed to starving. I do wonder what Annette said in Japanese, since starving to death was wrong.
Old 2023-08-04, 08:52   Link #155
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I meant there's no *** to death as opposed to starving. I do wonder what Annette said in Japanese, since starving to death was wrong.
Monica says she wastes her time worrying for nothing. She didn't expect that girl doing it. Only that girl detect something smell.

She didn't say anything. Klaus explains Annette's plot and mentioned gashi(餓死). Annette responds by saying it is 1% chance of survival due to her mercy. Then, explosion happens. Annette says that the 1% chance disappears.
Spoiler for non-anime related:
Old 2023-08-10, 09:57   Link #156
scififan

Spoiler for image size:

When a wire master faces a Basic Instinct hitgirl, it is Monica's story. No wonder her code name is called Ice Blade.

The republic's writing system is in German. Since the show is not about a real German speaking country, the height measurement doesn't have to be exact. The document in anime shows 140 cm, which is probably the height of a 6th grader, by EU standard. Instead using 140 centimeter(zentimeter?), the measurement in German speaking country would be documented as 1.4 meter tall.

The story shows that Monica's interaction with the boy. It shows that she was also discontent about her environment and enrolls a school. She was top of her class. She was invited to the recruitment of FLAME in the name of simulation training. The proctor disqualified Monica based on her lack of passion. It somehow tells viewers that Thea was panic in the last episode. Klaus told Thea that she didn't do anything wrong. He told Thea to think what her mentor would tell her. Luckily, Monica was disqualified. If she joined FLAME early, she would become one of the dead. Instead, she was sent to the boot camp called LAMPFIRE.

Last edited by scififan; 2023-08-10 at 21:47.
Old 2023-08-10, 17:47   Link #157
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The flashbacks will never end, will they? This one cleared up a pretty big mystery, which was why someone as skilled as Monika ended up here.
Old 2023-08-10, 17:56   Link #158
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

You know, they need to fill 1/3 of the season with something after all. I don't mind.
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-10, 18:50   Link #159
grecefar

my problem is the time jumping from past to present, it's a headache.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-11, 00:08   Link #160
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Admittedly I've kind of given up on keeping track of where and when the show is at any given moment .

Will say though this episode highlights why Monika has been the best part of this second cour of the show. Easily the most competent and interesting character of the bunch. So probably a good move to just focus on her nearly by herself for most of the episode.

Understandable that she'd grow detached. Frankly everyone around her was god awful at helping her talents blossom. Her parents may have been completely correct about her art lacking any heart...did they actually try to spark anything or just coldly critique her? Same with the Homura examiner. Fair enough that she was lacking some passion at that time. But no wonder that team wasn't gaining members with that kind of recruitment effort. They wanted an already polished super-spy to fall into their laps? I guess that'd be nice, but good luck having that happened.

Or I'd say good luck, but everyone besides Klaus ended up dead! Maybe could have used a few more elite members before that happened. At least the most important member survived I suppose.

Monika probably is the only one of that group that has any hope of matching up to Klaus in the future. In that respect they might have some hope in beating him just based on her growth and improvement.