Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2023-07-27, 11:23   Link #681
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And lastly, Tristan finally getting fed up with Chion's crap for once and telling him to shut up, lol.
It's not like it's the first time this has happened.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-01, 16:16   Link #682
marvelB

^I know, but it's such a seldom occurrence that seeing it still brings a smile to my face, heh.

Anyway, in the latest chapter, the group are already traversing the Behemoth when Lancelot (and Percy's clone) sense the Chaos Knights, and attack with Albion! However, the enemy knights have a powerful creature of their own, a Purgatory beast known as the Arakdo! It proves to be a formidable opponent for the Albion.... until it gets destroyed by one of Lance's special arrows (though he claims it's the Albion's "special move", lol). Unfortunately, it seems the Albion is now out of commission, forcing our heroes to emerge and face the Chaos Knights head-on....!!!!

Oh, and back to the subject of Chion shenanigans.... I see the first action he takes in a crisis is to hug Tristan, lol.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-01, 17:56   Link #683
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

With Lancelot being there the Chaos Knights pose zero threat, so I'm guessing he'll take a backseat and this fight will serve as further training. That's kinda what he's been doing the entire time he was disguised as Sin.
Old 2023-08-08, 17:44   Link #684
marvelB

Next chapter time! As our heroes face the Chaos Knights, it's pointed out that Percy is the one protecting them from the miasma. The enemies are in danger of succumbing to its effects, until Mortlach brings out his trump card: Gawain, and Schwarz' party of demons! Gawain tries to get the others to abandon her, but it's no use, as Percy and co. are coming to the rescue! Speaking of, he also points out that he saved that one enemy knight girl, and makes it clear he wants back the sword. But just as he's about to engage the Chaos Knights, a voice calls out to him, and now finds himself in some dark world! His clone explains that this is THEIR realm, and the voice belongs to a huge, shapeless mass.... which is actually the Behemoth! What's more, the Percy clone says it's their brother! Apparently, Percy's true form is that of a "life spirit"....!!!!

My, my, more mysteries abound! Also, it seems confirmed that Tamintoul is of the Goddess clan.... and may even be at the level of the Archangels! So Nanashi wasn't the only one, then....?

Oh, and HOLIDAY BREAK NEXT WEEK!
Old 2023-08-08, 18:10   Link #685
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

We're getting a bit closer to the truth about Percival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
My, my, more mysteries abound! Also, it seems confirmed that Tamintoul is of the Goddess clan.... and may even be at the level of the Archangels! So Nanashi wasn't the only one, then....?
Who says he isn't Nanashi? He even has a katana.

I've watched the second part of Curse of Edinburgh and yup, that sucked donkey balls. Complete waste of time.
Old 2023-08-08, 23:01   Link #686
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I've watched the second part of Curse of Edinburgh and yup, that sucked donkey balls. Complete waste of time.
I thought it was a fun enough way to spend an hour (CG definitely lent itself to better fights compared to the later seasons if nothing else) even if it mostly ended up being table setting for the 4 Knights of the Apocalypse anime.

Spoiler:
Old 2023-08-09, 04:03   Link #687
WingedAccelerator

Nanashi seems awfully likely, but in that case I'm afraid of brainwashing. I don't see any other reason for a fake name for him.

Not exactly the freshest news, but Morikawa Toshiyuki will voice Ironside in the anime, while Koyama Rikiya will voice Pellegarde. Kokuryu Sachi remains as Arthur.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-11, 07:09   Link #688
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I'm glad we're getting closer to the truth about Percival. And it's interesting that he's a Life Spirit, though I do want more info as to what exactly that means. All we know so far is that he can give life and bring death and can probably also keep himself from dying.

Tamintoul being brainwashed Nanashi seems likely, yeah. We'll see.
Old 2023-08-22, 16:35   Link #689
marvelB

It's that time again! Percy's clone explains what life spirits are, but Percy himself doesn't believe himself to be one. The clone says that's because Percy's spirit gained emotions upon inhabiting his human body, which is an unusual occurrence for them. He also notes that Ironside already knows the truth behind the boy.....

But that aside, our hero gets to work! With the help of some light talk no jutsu, he manages to calm down the Behemoth..... enough for it to return to its slumber, even. With that threat having been resolved, all that's left now is to take care of the Chaos Knights....!!!!

Hmm, very interesting, indeed. If Ironside was indeed responsible for Percy's current state, then why does he hate him so much to the point of wanting to murder him? Because he no longer considers his son to be human anymore? So many questions......

Oh, BTW, it also turns out a new fan book is coming out in October! Should contain some interesting new info on the series, don't you think?
Old 2023-08-29, 17:45   Link #690
marvelB

New chapter bump! There's not much to say, though. Our heroes find the portal to Camelot, but have to deal with Mortlach's forces first. Lancelot takes on Tamintoul (who indeed seems to be Nanashi after all, what with his samurai-style swordsmanship), while Mortlach challenges Percy to a one-on-one duel! Rosebank, who Percy saved earlier, tries to intervene, but it's too late. The challenge has been accepted....!!!

Anyway, I think the most interesting bit from this chapter was Chion saying that the life spirits are among the loftiest of spiritual creatures. So maybe they're not connected to Chaos, after all....?
Old 2023-08-29, 17:58   Link #691
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Percival lied to Anne but her magic didn't activate. Has she gotten better at controlling it or is he immune because he's a life spirit?
Old 2023-08-30, 04:47   Link #692
WingedAccelerator

Remember when I talked about the Percival x Anne ship? I mentioned that there was at least some sort of foundation with Percival being honest and that shine affecting Anne, but if he lied here for the first time, then Anne's "sudden" crush on him in the arc and the "why" gets a huge hit. Then again it's hard to be more awful than Lancelot x Guinevere.
Old 2023-09-05, 17:11   Link #693
marvelB

You know the deal! This chapter pretty much just establishes the matchups. First, Mortlach warps himself and Percy to some separate dimension where they can have their duel (complete with its own set of rules), but not before Rosebank returns Percy's sword to him! Speaking of Rosebank, she uses her Chaos magic to fuse the captive demons into a single powerful beast! Finally, we have Lancelot vs. Tomintoul..... who is indeed confirmed to be none other than Nanashi!

....Not like that reveal was particularly surprising though, lol. Anyway, some interesting stuff to take from here: First, Mortlach knows of Percy's origins. Second, it's confirmed that Nanashi trained Arthur in the sword..... and yet, he seems to have no issue with being used as a mere pawn, despite being of the Goddess clan. Really makes me interested in learning of his history with his previous master.....
Old 2023-09-08, 04:54   Link #694
WingedAccelerator

The Chaos Knights didn't really care about the sword outside of Mortlach, even though Rosebank practically singlehandedly ruined the mission. Maybe next chapter. Creating the Testament Beast shouldn't count as making amends.

Guinevere's prediction said 2 of them will be routed (whatever that means) and 4 will die. Then Mortlach got added to the group as the 7th member. Guess for now Rosebank, Nanashi and possibly Mortlach are the likely candidates to get out of this alive.
Old 2023-09-12, 16:31   Link #695
marvelB

Next chapter's here! This one is all about Percy vs. Mortlach. The Chaos Knight shares his past with our hero, revealing that his elder sister was Ironside's bride.... but she fell victim to the poison left behind by the Demon King's corpse at the end of the holy war. Before her death, she gave birth to Diodra, but he was also affected by the poison, making his body fragile.... which is why he must remain in Camelot. And there lies Mortlach's reason for fighting: To protect his nephew! Of course, Percy tries to talk him out of this battle, but it's too late at this point. Using his mastery of the sword (which Ironside admits is superior to his own), Mortlach unleashes his full fury on Percival....!!!!

So, something interesting I notice is that Mortlach said nothing about Percy's birth.... only Diodra's. Perhaps this means they're twins? He also said Ironside did everything he could to save his wife before her demise, so I guess he tried to summon the life spirits to save her, but instead they ended up possessing one of her children? In that case, I think I can see now why he hates Percy so much.... he blames him (or rather, the spirits possessing his body) for not saving his beloved. This is also most likely why he's fully on board with Arthur's plot to wipe out all non-human races, if he felt they betrayed him in the past. He still cares for Diodra because, despite how frail the child may be, he's still fully human (as far as we know, at least).....
Old 2023-09-12, 17:45   Link #696
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Your theory sounds pretty good to me. Although Mortlach never mentioned Percival's birth, he still referred to Ironside as his father, so there shouldn't be a "I am not your father" twist.
Old 2023-09-13, 04:42   Link #697
WingedAccelerator

Somehow, I have a hunch that Diodra will be a secret powerhouse despite his current portrayal of having weak constitution, being sickly. Whether he gains power one way or another later or already has it remains to be seen.
Old 2023-09-19, 17:32   Link #698
marvelB

Next chapter's out! Not much to say, though.... it was a purely action-focused chapter, this one centered on the Percy/Tristan platoons. We see a fair bit of teamwork involved here (which I find very nice), but the Yestament Beast seems to be the biggest current threat for our heroes! And now, it seems to be up to Gawain to save the day....?!

Speaking of Gawain, what the heck is up with her on the splash page? Suzuki got a thing for loli butts or something? Anyway, If last chapter focused on Percy, and this one focused on both platoons, I guess the next one will be all about Lancelot vs. Nanashi....?
Old 2023-09-19, 17:40   Link #699
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Not a word about Anne? She was the star of the chapter. She soloed all of them minus the chaos beast. Her magic is really OP now.
Old 2023-09-19, 18:21   Link #700
marvelB

^It's not that I didn't find her impressive (she definitely was), but I was just more interested in the teamwork aspect at play. Besides, I already knew Anne was amazing from the moment she first stood up to Ironside back in her intro arc. I don't really need much more icing on the cake than that, heh.

That being said, I'm really more interested in seeing how much Donnie grew. He claims he made no progress during his training, but can we really trust his own word on that?