AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Rumble

Notices

View Poll Results: SR Second Term Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 6 9.68%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 8.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 11.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 17.74%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 16.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 9 14.52%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 6.45%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 4.84%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.61%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 9.68%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-24, 01:55   Link #21
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

GALACTIC BOMBER!

these two arnt really that bad of episodes. watching them again was still entertaining. besides i like the my Mai dream song. love love!
Old 2006-08-24, 03:01   Link #22
DrewGSR

Wow what a friken terrible episode. I dont mind filler but wow this was just so bad, the friken useless magical girl crap. the only good part was the "lioncloth attack" lmao.
Old 2006-08-24, 07:08   Link #23
Anime Online

The loincloth attack thing was done by Laharl in the anime Disgaea as well. Granted, Laharl was using his cloak rather than a loincloth.

Anyway, I was reeling at why they included that galatic bomber basketball part into School Rumble. This is the first time I see an anime running off to becoming another anime with an entirely new cast. Really strange.

The Magical Mai part is quite entertaining though. Still, I'll give this episode a 6. I'm disappointed at all these filler episodes plaguing season2, especially since its only a few more episodes left to the end of the season. Even Keroro Gunsou, a comedy anime which is episodic in nature, has more focus.
Old 2006-08-24, 10:35   Link #24
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
haha good start...magical mai!!! kinda reminds me of cardcaptor sakura lol
and lala as the mother *shock* and wht!! tenma do not have such big busts haha gross at wht happened next
karasuma likes cosplay >.< and getting stabbed by a flower ha!
over all it wasnt as good as ep 20 but it isnt that bad so im giving it a 8/10

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-08-24, 10:46   Link #25
Anime Online

Masked Kamen is Nishimoto, not Karasuma. Notice at the end, he said "Dasu".
Old 2006-08-24, 10:49   Link #26
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

no i mean karauma when he took off his coat for tenma and it reveals his wonderwomen costume
~ DASU!!! (had to say it )

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2006-08-24, 13:27   Link #27
miko tian

ugh, this one was bad as well. tenma was entirely excessive and just made herself look bad. when mai first whupped out "my mai dream" in ep4, it was completely hilarious and awesome, but it just seems really weedy and lame here, especially when it took up 2/3 of this episode. the last part was even more disappointing ... the basketball heroes were really there for short-term hilarity during the basketball arc, but when these minor gags become expanded to take up entire episodes, it just makes them feel bloated and totally irrelevant.

feh, as a general rule for me, it seems like SR is at it's best when harima is involved with a non-tenma girl :\ these eps barely mentioned harima and OD'd on randomness
Old 2006-08-24, 13:43   Link #28
akurashy
Cookie monstah!

lol magical girl mai... and her parents... oh god lol
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-24, 16:10   Link #29
i0td

Quote:
Originally Posted by akurashy
Spoiler:
That was just a bit too weird for me lol.

I didn't particularly enjoy these last two episodes. I'm glad some of the side characters are getting screentime and all, but to throw them in random fantasies is a bit of a waste. Ootsuka Mai put on quite a performance though. Some parts of the Magical Mai scenario were somewhat entertaining. My favorite scene was when Mai confronted junior Imadori, Yoshidayama, and Nara.

Anyways, looking forward to the next episode. The story finally gets back on track again.
Old 2006-08-24, 17:39   Link #30
Altharion
Pirate A

Send a message via MSN to Altharion
I think this double filler episode was really fun.
Its nice to see the SR characters make fun of the manga genres out there.
Old 2006-08-24, 18:58   Link #31
Freeter
beyond

Hilarious ep, much better than the filler stuff in the previous ep.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-24, 19:02   Link #32
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

^ haha yes that was my fav too...even tho harima is ment to be the bad guy...she still touchy on the subject of love ^^

Old 2006-08-24, 21:34   Link #33
Shredder

Truly bad but I gave a few points bc I liked the Mai song, catchy and very Japanese. I prefer original work over parodies. Except for the Love Hina reference some time back, that was rock solid.

This is my first time dealing with filler I think. It's a real drag. Any idea when it's ending?
Old 2006-08-25, 00:06   Link #34
SonicMonkey

I finally got around to watching these episodes and I have to say that I loved them. In fact I definately *could* watch atleast an OVA series of "Magical Girl Mai" - all the stuff in that episode was just hysterical:

- Lala as the mom: POTATOES!
- Chibi Imadori commenting on Mai's grandma panties
- Wonderwoman Tenma and her amazing fake boobs!
- Tiny Yakumo the fairy ^_^
- Karasuma and his own wonderwoman costume!
- Harima and his "interesting" camera angles ... I LOL'D hard.
- One word: DASU!

The entire thing was brilliantly done in my opinion - all the characters were wonderfully still in character even though they were playing other parts. I especially liked the entire idea of a "magical girl" that was getting well... a little bit past her magical girl prime

One thing I will say for sure is that there was a lot of visual gags going on in this episode (that I found rather funny actually) so I wonder if the people complaining about how bad this was were probably trying to read subs and not just taking in the entire experience or something... or maybe they just really have terrible senses of humor

I would give this episode an 11 out of 10 if I could just on the hope that we could get another 18 minutes or so of CHARM UP MY MAI DREAM!!!
Old 2006-08-25, 10:49   Link #35
Arkhan

I think parodies are ok, but not when they're taking an entire episode. I remember some quite funny parodies in the first season, like the dbz one, they took some minutes at the beginning or at the end of an episode. A complete episode for Magical Mai is just too much.

I find Galactic Bomber quite good as a parody of typical shonen animes. But I think it was enough including it in the basketball arc. Repeating it again now shows a lack of imagination.
Old 2006-08-25, 12:53   Link #36
Eri
Sawachika

"Galactic bomber" is the parody of "Galaxian Explosion", one of the most powerful attacks in Saint Seiya :

http://ssdatabase3.free.fr/saga_kanon/Saga7.gif

(The scene after the ED song is a big parody of Saint Seiya)

Last edited by Eri; 2006-08-25 at 22:56.
Old 2006-08-25, 13:32   Link #37
saner

Episode 20 and 21 was so boring, why do they make boring episode? I hope next one will be better
Old 2006-08-26, 05:29   Link #38
snkkid

I don't know if you guys noticed but in the previews for the next episode it says there may or may not be another episode. There not even sure!?!?! or they are just teasing us!

About this episode, masked man looked like Harima abit (the hair-style). What they did with Tenma was really bad, it totally killed her off for me.
Old 2006-08-26, 17:05   Link #39
mog08

boring, boring, boring. comedy without drama will be forgotten really quickly. We need some hardcore romantic gestures + actions + dramas. and some STORY please.
Old 2006-08-26, 21:22   Link #40
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
lololol great episodes loved it. made me laugh the whole way. i WANT MORE!!