AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-12-09, 18:31   Link #541
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Episode 14

Yeah, I liked the little things. Freiren's little slide down the roof. The continuation of head pats being important. The horse still hovering after they crash landed the wagon.

But most of all, I think I liked the way Fern joyously ran to Stark when he asked if she wanted to shop with him.

She just wanted to be asked.
Old 2023-12-09, 19:18   Link #542
Strahan

Had to laugh when we saw the carriage being carried through the air and the horse magically held up with it. Obviously someone has no idea how traces work lol.

It's irritating how Frieren is so cute in each episode; I'm having to constantly pause for screenshots to the point ~20 minutes of show take like 30 to watch
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-09, 21:14   Link #543
Decel

Frieren needs lessons in head pats, no? What she does is more like head stirring
Old 2023-12-09, 22:52   Link #544
Alchemist007
*Author

I guess they didn't show the argument itself, but it feels like Stark chose the oddest thing to get upset about. Fern has gotten angry with him for much stupider stuff and he just took that in stride.
Old 2023-12-09, 23:35   Link #545
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I guess they didn't show the argument itself, but it feels like Stark chose the oddest thing to get upset about. Fern has gotten angry with him for much stupider stuff and he just took that in stride.
Like when? Up until this episode, everytime Stark has thought Fern was upset at him was either not directed at him or just misinterpreting Fern's bluntness for anger.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-10, 04:53   Link #546
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
We didn't see how the conversation went. I guess he said he didn't have a birthday gift for her and she went off on him, and he never got to invite her to go shopping. And she never relented until he stormed off.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-10, 21:50   Link #547
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Is it just me or do Ferns cheeks look more puffy each episode?
Don't ask me why, but it looks strange on her compared to Himmel and Frieren who both have similarly round faces, but the rest of their body makes it look normal on them...

I guess it's showing more on Fern because of the scarf and her constant pouting.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-10, 21:51   Link #548
Shadow5YA

That's intentional. She's pouting.
Old 2023-12-10, 22:13   Link #549
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
That's intentional. She's pouting.
Then pouting is her normal face and what she did this time is super pouting.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2023-12-11, 06:47   Link #550
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Imagine buying a present for a woman for three hours and then you realize you accidentally confessed unconditional love. I'm surprised how Sein managed to read the aura between Fern and Stark's in a single episode.

But yeah, the usage of flashbacks helps to make parallels for the theme involving the two romances the series has. Guess the keyword here is communication. The animation used for Himmel's proposal was amazing when compared with the single panel they used for the manga.
Old 2023-12-11, 08:24   Link #551
nojay
Scanlator

Himmel's attraction to Frieren could only be one-sided and he knew it.

Frieren is the child survivor of a massacre[1]. She was then raised by a human mage, Flamme, trained in magic to the exclusion of all else and she then spends a thousand years isolated from contact with other races refining her magic control. I'd describe her as asexual, and this is possibly a feature of the elvish race, a very low sexual drive. The party's meeting with Kraft the Monk emphasises elves are so rare they're practically extinct although the Demon King's efforts to eliminate the elvish race may have something to do with that. As an aside, many storylines would have shipped Frieren and Kraft when they met just because, but I like the fact that the writer of this story avoided that obvious move.

It's possible this world's "D&D rules" allows for interspecies marriages and sexual relationships and possibly even offspring but for Frieren and Himmel it would take two to tango and Frieren doesn't know how to dance.

[1] Frieren, Stark and Fern were all orphaned at a young age due to war and raised by powerful and important individuals (Flamme, Eisen and Heiter) and trained to fight by them.
Old 2023-12-11, 08:40   Link #552
magnuskn

Frieren herself mentioned that the elves are going slowly extinct due to their low sexual drive.
Old 2023-12-11, 11:17   Link #553
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Frieren herself mentioned that the elves are going slowly extinct due to their low sexual drive.
I wonder if that was partially a result of the elf genocide the Demon Lord perpetrated that wiped most of them out and turned them all into nomads ?
Old 2023-12-11, 12:04   Link #554
Shadow5YA

Well yes, it would probably be a bit of both.

When a nearly unaging race that's subject to genocide has no interest in reproducing, their population can only go down.
Old 2023-12-12, 17:27   Link #555
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Something that bothers me after having seen the "real Heroes sword" btw...

It's rusty. Holy Swords usually don't rust.

So I got a few different theories about this:

a) Himmel's fake sword was actually the real one, and the Merchant a messenger meant to give it to him.
b) Himmel did in fact pull the sword, not it's physical form, but rather it's spirit and power, which then transferred to his own replica, turning it into the real heroes sword.
c) It's not meant to be pulled by anyone and is just a test of faith.
d) the demon king is either not really dead, or there is an even greater threat, that will arrive long after Himmel's death.

Old 2023-12-13, 00:23   Link #556
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Sousou no Freiren. Aversion to One's Own Kind

So, that is what the title for the thirteenth episode meant.

In short, the theme dealt was for Frieren to rescue Sein from his apathy just as much as Himmel did for her over eighty-years ago.

Like Sein Frieren spent centuries wasting her life away without doing anything, and the regret built up.

So, she understood better than anyone else Sein's own apathy, and the regret he felt for not taking the chance to go out on adventures when his friend offered it to him first.

It wasn't until it took his brother's intervention to literally slap sense onto Sein to realize that unlike him his brother never regretted his decision to turn down Heiter's offer to move to the Capital. But, Sein did and was hurting him on the inside wasting his life without making most out of it.

Frieren nailed the obvious, it isn't over until one's life passes away, hence, what one could not do in the past is in the past, and let us focus on the present, the here, and the now to fulfill those dreams.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-14, 07:19   Link #557
Huh...?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-14, 13:24   Link #558
Frontier

Frieren in a dress! FernxStark !
Old 2023-12-15, 06:56   Link #559
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

These kids grow up so fast. It basically looks an episode about prom in the preview.
Old 2023-12-15, 11:41   Link #560
Frontier

Is there anything more cute than Fern dozing off and laying her sleepy head on Frieren ?

While it would be useful for the party to have a thief so Frieren doesn't keep getting trapped by mimics, what would REALLY make the part complete is a sexy older woman. Or so says Sein. Repeatedly .

Just the party's luck that they run into a village under a curse that makes everyone fall asleep...and Stark follows them not long after. How many times are they going to have to lug Stark's unconscious body somewhere? Though Fern soon falls asleep herself. It is kind of cute how they end up sleeping next to each other .

Time for Sein to show off his skills! A priest is a natural enemy to all curse monsters thanks to their Holy Goddess abilities! And Sein is quick on his feet and has some holy magic, but the Chaos Flower deflects everything he throws at it. Thankfully Frieren is so skilled that just five seconds is enough for her to get a lay of the situation and resolve it with one blast. And to cap it all off, Stark wakes up with Fern resting on his shoulder !

The party is low on funds? Perfect opportunity for the lord of the next town they visit, Orden, to want to use Stark to pretend to be his son for a soiree with the full intention of paying for his services! Throw in a grimoire and mommy Frieren is more than happy to let them borrow Stark !

Orden's son looks like the spitting image of Stark's brother. Maybe their families really were distantly related .

Stark etiquette montage! Complete with Sein drinking and the girls eating sweets! Even Fern gets to join in on the etiquette training and gets to live like a noble girl a little, complete with tight corsets and learning to ballroom dance. And while she tries to play off Stark's charm when he holds her hand, the way she looked at her hands afterwards said everything .

Stark seeing Orden's second son Mut trying his best despite not being as exceptional as his big brother brings up a lot of flashbacks of Stark's own childhood...but unlike Stark's father, Lord Orden still believes in Mut and encourages him, which is great .

Everybody dressed up! Dapper Stark and Sein! Fern and Frieren in fancy dresses! And look at Stark taking the lead with Fern during the dance and the way the two start looking at each other and getting so into it! So romantic !

Stark can't replace Wert, no matter how much Orden wishes he could make up for the way he left things with his son before his last battle, and Orden can't replace Stark's father, or even his master Eisen who he intends to reunite with. But all the same, Orden still has Mut and Stark is happy to see things looking up for father and soon .

Poor Gabel. Half a day spent just waiting for Frieren to choose a grimoire .

Tags
adventure, fantasy