Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-02-11, 00:41   Link #941
Frontier

I'm enjoying the new characters...
Old 2024-02-11, 01:23   Link #942
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Denken being a grandpa to Laufen and Richter. In a good way, sharing things to them.

Lawine and Kanne cute interactions.

Ehre who seems to have started to get a crush on Wirbel.

the flashbacks when Himmel was in his prime and adventuring with Frieren.

and of course, Frieren trying to appease an upset Fern. ^^

all these things combined.. I'm enjoying the anime so much.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-11, 07:24   Link #943
ryllharu

If you want a fantasy series meticulously planned out, detailed, layered, and consistent in its lore, there's Dungeon Meshi.

If you want a fantasy series that was left vague and open enough to make it not collapse on itself, that constantly expands and clarifies its lore as it goes, retconning and contradicting itself occasionally because there obviously wasn't a firm plan when it started, there's Sousou no Frieren.

Both are good.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-11, 07:32   Link #944
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I'm enjoying the new characters...
They're all great, and this episode did wonders for them by showing how they are outside of a highly competitive environment.
Old 2024-02-11, 22:26   Link #945
Thor's Hammer

Maybe the reason Sense's tests have had a 0% pass rate so far is because they require cooperation to succeed and past participants have just refused to cooperate, leading to them all failing. Just because you aren't grouped with others and don't have written instructions telling you to cooperate with others doesn't mean you won't need to cooperate. I expect Frieren and Denken to at least be willing to cooperate if none of the others decide to cooperate. I would think that Sense saying she is a pacifist surely is hinting at the participants needing to cooperate.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-12, 04:37   Link #946
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
Maybe the reason Sense's tests have had a 0% pass rate so far is because they require cooperation to succeed and past participants have just refused to cooperate, leading to them all failing. Just because you aren't grouped with others and don't have written instructions telling you to cooperate with others doesn't mean you won't need to cooperate. I expect Frieren and Denken to at least be willing to cooperate if none of the others decide to cooperate. I would think that Sense saying she is a pacifist surely is hinting at the participants needing to cooperate.
Agreed. My bet is that the test will be setup like a prisoner's dilemma of some sort. If they all cooperate they pass, if one of them betrays the group they fail. But, on the surface, it'll look like its impossible to cooperate leading to everyone historically failing the test.
Old 2024-02-12, 10:48   Link #947
ChronoReverse

Sort of spoilers because I watched the trailer for this but doesn't it look like Frieren and Fern are
Spoiler:
which seems really odd considering it should be the second test?

Perhaps cooperation isn't that bad of a guess. Sense doesn't strike me as hostile as the first proctor was so we'll see.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-12, 15:41   Link #948
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Sort of spoilers because I watched the trailer for this but doesn't it look like Frieren and Fern are
Spoiler:
which seems really odd considering it should be the second test?

Perhaps cooperation isn't that bad of a guess. Sense doesn't strike me as hostile as the first proctor was so we'll see.
Spoiler for Trailer:
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-13, 09:17   Link #949
TURI123456

I do need to say that I do feel a little disappointed that we didn't see more from the meeting of Fern with Lawine and Kanne. I mean it's easy to forget that but it is the first time that Fern meets with girls (?) who are around her age.

Only I think so?
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-14, 06:43   Link #950
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Man, so this arc is really gonna last until the season's end. The latest episode felt like a classic Frieren episode but the text sure is gonna take the next episodes.

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2024-02-14 at 09:29.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-16, 11:38   Link #951
Frontier

It's time for the second exam! And Sense is being perfectly straight with the test-takers that she's not giving them a test that would be impossible for a true 1st rate mage and as a pacifist she sees no reason to kill mages unecessarily! Why, she'll even be joining them on the test and providing them able means to escape the golem (though they totally fail if they use it)! And it's a classic dungeon-crawler !

I love how Ubel still won't leave Laden alone .

(Wait, Reina Ueda is in this show now as a total hot older onee-san babe !?)

Well, no surprise Denken wants everybody to team-up, but it's easier said than done when there's still rivalry and competitiveness among the mages even if they could all pass if they make it to the bottom of the dungeon together...Lawine and Kanne even go off on their own, though it's mostly Kanne following Lawine's lead. I hope the two girls are okay on their own .

But hey, Frieren and Fern are back together! And they've got Sense joining them !

Himmel was a pro gamer who knew full well that you have to clear every inch of a dungeon before you're satisfied. And considering his party ended up defeating the Demon Lord, can anyone really fault his logic? He also knew that the best way to motivate Frieren was the promise of a grimoire .

Ah yes, Mimics, Frieren's nemesis. Even if there's a 1% chance it's not a Mimic, she has to try. Even if she turns into Mendo from Urusei Yatsura the moment she gets caught up in one. But hey, she's been around the block for so long, she knows exactly how to get out of one! Even if it means blowing herself up. Though Ringlet Frieren is pretty cute .

Denken's team is very effective together, but too bad for that girl that she was easy pickings. Those golems are very effective .

Dungeon-crawling montage! Frieren even found a non-Mimic chest! Well, and another Mimic, but still .

Fern put all her passion and determination into learning magic for Heiter's sake, and now she just doesn't feel the same way about it after having achieved that. But she sees how happy Frieren is when it comes to magic, and that makes her happy .

Not only do they have to deal with stone Gargoyles but Stone Replica's of themselves with their magic and fighting styles...though Laufen vs Laufen looked amazing, even if it must've been kind of surreal watching yourself get vaporized .

Welp, poor Denken's group got to the Final Boss already...and it's Frieren. Poor guys .
Old 2024-02-16, 12:39   Link #952
kari-no-sugata II

Frieren makes for a perfect Raid Boss
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-16, 13:11   Link #953
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Fern put all her passion and determination into learning magic for Heiter's sake, and now she just doesn't feel the same way about it after having achieved that. But she sees how happy Frieren is when it comes to magic, and that makes her happy .
Just like seeing Himmel and the rest of her party happy with her silly spells made Frieren happy (even though she didn't realize this back then).

At the end of the day, Frieren and Fern are really similar.
Old 2024-02-16, 13:22   Link #954
grecefar

I hate cliffhangers like most people but that ending was so good.

Who was the one that said: Himmel is the kind of guy who complete all the side quest before reaching the final boss.

We could see that here too and it is something that frieren now does. I do too when I'm playing an RPG, look for everything in dungeons and the open world.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-16, 13:23   Link #955
ChronoReverse

Poor Denken, he keeps getting the worst RNG.

Also, now we know why Himmel was able to defeat the demon king.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-16, 13:37   Link #956
Twi

Himmel took 10 years to kill the Demon King. That was because he did all the side content. All of it.

Liked the battle scene with Laufen's clone. And I understand why she wouldn't like the magic at work considering she just watched herself die.
Old 2024-02-16, 14:07   Link #957
Shadow5YA

The Laufen clone was beaten offscreen in the manga, so the fight choreography was a nice addition.

It's not often that this show takes artistic liberties to elevate the show, so I'm looking forward to seeing how they'll animate the fights ahead as well.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-16, 14:11   Link #958
Greenish Growth

I thought it was a little too dark when trying to see how the clones looked like.

It was a good atmosphere to fight in dimmer light though. Didn't it look a lot brighter in the manga?
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-16, 14:16   Link #959
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenish Growth View Post
I thought it was a little too dark when trying to see how the clones looked like.

It was a good atmosphere to fight in dimmer light though. Didn't it look a lot brighter in the manga?
It did only by virtue of being black and white. The clones were still a solid dark color, the walls were lined with torches, and the ceilings were shaded darker than the floor to imply the place was dimly lit. It's a faithful recreation.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-16, 16:14   Link #960
Greenish Growth

Judging from screencaps I've seen, the episode probably just looked darker on my viewer.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy