AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-02-28, 17:59   Link #101
Greenish Growth

I like how they stick in these super deformed shots that just makes the scene funnier and emphasize her deadpan look. She usually has restrained, not-overly-emotional super deformed facial expressions. I particularly liked the one they used after she punched the sword and won the match in episode 6. She's got a small smile in that SD shot.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-03, 07:21   Link #102
EroKing

Images
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2024-03-03, 13:01   Link #103
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Images
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Yumiella rocking that white dress! Patrick would be dumbfounded if he ever saw her like this !
Old 2024-03-03, 15:33   Link #104
magnuskn

Pretty sure that's his ultimate goal to see her regularly like this. ^^
Old 2024-03-05, 02:21   Link #105
SamCurt

(I was out on a trip for most of February, so I'm just putting a few thoughts after having gone through the backlog.)
  1. It's abundently clear that Yumiella has usurped Alicia's position in this universe, despite Yumiella is... Yumiella.
  2. I've to admit her dress in the Ball scene is quite seducing.
  3. I'm still amused as to Yumiella's lack of common sense. Like, being a RPG fan in her last life, she doesn't have an idea that Dragons are usually considered bad in fantasy universes...?
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-05, 04:28   Link #106
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamCurt View Post
[*]I'm still amused as to Yumiella's lack of common sense. Like, being a RPG fan in her last life, she doesn't have an idea that Dragons are usually considered bad in fantasy universes...?
Dragons being bad is not universal at all in fantasy universes, it's only that a lot of anime and western non-interactive media normally portray them as dumb beasts who cannot even speak. Some of the most popular interactive fantasy franchises, i.e. World of Warcraft, D&D, Pathfinder and so on, have much more nuanced takes on dragons, where they can be good or evil, but are usually powerful and wise long-lived entities who can interact on an intellectual level with the players. Since Yumiella's past life was pretty surely an MMO player, she would probably at first take the view that dragons are persons rather than dangerous wild animals.
Old 2024-03-05, 12:04   Link #107
Frontier

I guess it's no surprise that Yumiella would be scouted by another nation, Remlest: a rival to Valschein, because of her incredible power. Though for such a heavy matter, she treats it like a typical lunch meeting .

Linus seems like a sensible guy, enough to know that it's pointless trying to convince Yumiella to follow him to Remlest, but is government won't let him give up without making an attempt. But setting aside Yumiella's feelings about Valschein as a whole, she would NEVER choose to go anywhere that would take her away from Patrick or make her have to fight him .

Though I guess it's also no surprise that Valchein keeps tabs on Yumiella and who she's meeting with, and Linus was fair enough with her that she didn't mind helping him escape .

Though why is the Demon King only targeting Valschein? Is there something there he's after ?

Wow, Yumiella was THIS close to realizing her feelings for Patrick...but she rationalizes them as just feelings of friendship, even though Patrick's thought they've been friends this whole time. And he would accept her no matter what her level was .

Yumiella is as great at her studies as she is as being a dorky Lv. 99 girl, but that also makes her the perfect choice to tutor Eleonora! Especially when she realizes Eleonora can remember anything it's even distantly related to Edwin! It almost seemed like Yumiella was finally impressed by Eleonora, though she would still rather our favorite perky blonde left her alone .

Yumiella wants to spend more time with Patrick but Patrick wants to spend more time leveling up so he can be worthy of Yumiella returning his feelings...though it ends up making her think he's seeing some other girl that's just been beating him up. Good that he was able to clarify he doesn't have a girlfriend for both their sakes though .

Oh wow, Edwin properly apologized and explained his feelings to Yumiella! I never thought I'd see it! And what went a long way to turning his opinion of Yumiella around was Patrick advocating for her and explaining how she thinks/acts! And now Yumiella has an in with Edwin's party and can help them fight the Demon Lord !

Patrick is maybe...a little too honest when it comes to Yumiella .

Of course the real priority is leveling up Alicia because the boys overcompensate protecting her to the point where she's made no real progress. Which would be a great opportunity for Yumiella to step up...if Alicia wasn't still terrified of her and thinks them going into a dungeon together would just be a trap that could get her killed .

Alicia's gone? I thought she had just gone into the dungeon Yumiella suggested on her own, but maybe she's been kidnapped? It definitely looks like she's been brainwashed !
Old 2024-03-05, 13:07   Link #108
SamCurt

Only read the manga, so some perspective on levelling speeds:

Spoiler for Manga:
Old 2024-03-05, 15:58   Link #109
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Oh wow, Edwin properly apologized and explained his feelings to Yumiella! I never thought I'd see it!
Yea, I thought he'd stay a dick to the end. Would've been nice if he stood up for her when the redhead guy was accusing her, but I guess it's baby steps lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I thought she had just gone into the dungeon Yumiella suggested on her own
That was my first thought too. Like she said hey, that's a good idea. Just not with her.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-05, 18:53   Link #110
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yumiella realized she loves Patrick! Except she quickly rationalize it's not romantic love but just friendship. So close!

That's like the third time Edwin has apologized to Yumiella so I'm hoping it will stick this time. I was half-expecting him to accuse Yumiella when he revealed Alicia disappeared.
Old 2024-03-12, 11:02   Link #111
Frontier

It didn't take long for Yumiella to find Alicia! Especially because she was going to the leveling up dungeon Yumiella offered in the first place! Though quite the wake up with Yumiella and Ryu .

So Alicia's body sometimes moves on its own and makes her do things she never planned to...joining the academy? She never wanted the trouble but she ended up enrolling anyways. Her Sun Rain spell? Somehow her body just did the spell on its own. Spending the evening with Edwin at the ball? She could never be so bold as to make a move like that (setting aside whether she actually has feelings for Edwin). Seems like the plot of the game is making sure Alicia acts a certain way to keep the plot going even if it has to possess her to do it .

But hey, they're already at the dungeon, why not go in and start leveling up? And having a dragon around is great for convincing guards to let you through...especially when they bail at the prospect of getting eaten .

Poor Alicia...on the one hand, there's so many monsters that she can't miss and the more she kills, the more she levels up, but she's absolutely terrified and calling for her grandma the entire time! She even falls down a hole! But at least Yumiella gets to vicariously live through someone else enjoying the benefits of proper level grinding .

Alicia actually does level up and gain some new moves, but it's too soon for her to solo the boss...so Yumiella will just punch and kick their way to victory! And then just when Alicia thought they were done...of course they just go back and clear the dungeon again and again until Alicia can win against the boss and is properly leveled. You can't just end the grind like that !

Plus, Yumiella got a sword for herself and a spear for Patrick! Win-win for everybody !

And to her credit, eventually Alicia is strong enough to defeat the boss, even if she's left in a state where she's seeing her grandpa in the after life. Hardcore leveling will do that to a girl sometimes !

Though they've still got time, so why not pay a visit to the Demon Lord and see how he's doing? Yumiella's Lv 99 "instincts" already tell her where he is! Though it seems like they can't find him yet because the world of the game won't let them until it's time .

Yumiella returns Alicia safe and sound, and he Harem are happy to see her...and now even Ryu is fond enough of her to chew her head! Aw, how sweet (though poor Eleonora has to see Alicia and Edwin be close) .

It's nice to see everyone be appreciative of Yumiella, especially when her efforts have paid off enough that Alicia is a lot more powerful now. But...Yumiella probably shouldn't push her luck that she can keep dragging Alicia into dungeons .
Old 2024-03-12, 11:18   Link #112
magnuskn

Uh, isn't this incredibly concerning in regards to Yumiella being the "secret boss" of the game? Shouldn't she expect to be forced into fighting Alicia and the three stooges when the "correct moment" has arrived?
Old 2024-03-12, 15:59   Link #113
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Uh, isn't this incredibly concerning in regards to Yumiella being the "secret boss" of the game? Shouldn't she expect to be forced into fighting Alicia and the three stooges when the "correct moment" has arrived?
I do get the sense that Alicia might get possessed at the end and be forced to fight Yumiella after they fight the Demon King...and Yumiella will have leveled her up enough that she's actually a threat .
Old 2024-03-12, 16:12   Link #114
Tenzen12

With bit of luck she might be optional boss, but I wouldn't bet on that.
Old 2024-03-12, 19:04   Link #115
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
That seems to be what it's building up to. I suspect one of Yumiella's goal will be free Alicia from the shackles of the game's plot.

Yumiella keeps thinking this is another world extremely similar to the game she played but that's clearly no the case and the fact people can be robbed of their free will is very concerning.
Old 2024-03-12, 20:32   Link #116
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That seems to be what it's building up to. I suspect one of Yumiella's goal will be free Alicia from the shackles of the game's plot.

Yumiella keeps thinking this is another world extremely similar to the game she played but that's clearly no the case and the fact people can be robbed of their free will is very concerning.
I'm just wondering if it's just the game world or if someone is actually playing the game in real time and that effects Alicia.

Also, if Alicia isn't actually in love with Edwin, the game is just forcing her to be with him, does that mean Eleonora has a chance ?
Old 2024-03-13, 01:31   Link #117
magnuskn

One can only hope. Edwin deserves a person suited to his personality. ^^
Old 2024-03-17, 21:40   Link #118
Strahan

When Yumiella talked about taking Alicia to harder dungeons, and the "camera" had shifted to Alicia, I was so expecting one of those typical sick looks and shuddering for a moment lol. Would've been perfect there
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-18, 13:29   Link #119
SamCurt

Just a little note here: so as far as the anime is influenced more by the manga, the manga's content currently covers up to the content in Episode 9. I wonder if this episode (and the next 2) will indicate how the manga content will go...?
Old 2024-03-19, 11:04   Link #120
Frontier

Alicia is really coming into her own! As is her Harem! And Yumiella approves of their progress, so you know they're legit .

Guy with shifty eyes putting magic-sealing handcuffs on Yumiella was raising immediate red flags, so I'm not surprised it was an assassination attempt....and they would have gotten away with it if Yumiella wasn't also LV 99 in physical strength and could just break the handcuffs !

And that begins a slew of assassination attempts, which is basically just a minor inconvenience for Yumiella because she can shrug off anything they throw at her, but woe betide anyone who could harm Patrick in her presence .

It was nice to see Yumiella taking the time out of her avoiding assassins to help another kid with dark hair, taking her own experience and learning the value of friends and people who accept you to let that kid know he can believe in himself and his ability to make friends even with dark hair! And she even manages to bring a group of kids together in gushing over how cool she is as she captures (and then proceeds to torture off-screen) a group of thugs !

I knew Rita wasn't the most loyal maid so I wasn't completely surprised she'd resort to poison, but helping orchestrate the assassination plot? But really she was just being manipulated because her younger sister Sara is being held hostage. The true mastermind is none other than...Yumiella's father !?

It's kind of surreal that the one time Yumiella goes to her families' mansion it's to stop her parents' evil plot and free someone beind held hostage. But hey, she's got Rita's eternal loyalty, so that's nice .

Yumiella's parents really do look nothing like her, and they effectively are strangers to her, but even setting that aside they're real pieces of work. It's one thing to avoid your daughter like a plague because of her hair color while still wanting to use her as a pawn, it gets even worse when you realize how they completely misread Yumiella's actions and tried to kill her for seemingly serving the king faction...and on-top of that they're nobles who utterly detest their own domain and would rather sit back in the capital and enjoy collecting taxes off of said domain. What scumbags !

So of course Yumiella feels no guilt threatening them into stepping down so Yumiella can become a countess, so she can use that position better than they can can and help others like her judged for their dark hair. Nice little use of Black Hole as well. And now they'll get to live out their lives under house arrest back in the domain they so hate .

Yumiella is now a countess! And to properly manage her new domain she'll need a partner...someone like Patrick! So why not become her adoptive son? She will even step back and let Patrick hook up with anyone he fancies! Poor Patrick .

But now that the campaign against the Demon King has been officially announced, it's time for Patrick to reveal his status as a Level 60! Same as Adolf! He's come far in his efforts to be with Yumiella and become someone strong enough to be by her side, but all Yumiella ever needed Patrick to be was himself and someone who believes and accepts her...and as the two finally reveal their feelings to each other and Yumiella lets Patrick "win" a game of rock-paper-scissors, they share a kiss under the fireworks !

Time for the battle against the Demon Lord! And I love how Yumiella actually acknowledged Eleonora's not joining them because her grades are low .