Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-16, 13:42   Link #121
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore
Spoiler for episode 7:
Lol, she's actually pretty hot - although I suspect there's some liberal padding tacking place there She also looks like she's wearing a dress made from dead dogs...

[edit]
The ultimate proof?
Spoiler:

[/edit]

Last edited by Sonhex; 2006-05-16 at 14:32.
Old 2006-05-17, 08:02   Link #122
RobertM
Kobe, not Osaka...

OK, re. episode 7, despite all the revelations, all I can say is
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-17, 14:36   Link #123
thomasvye
Delurking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertM
OK, re. episode 7, despite all the revelations, all I can say is
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-17, 16:16   Link #124
Friera

Send a message via MSN to Friera
Is Michelle a guy or a girl? Is it confirmed?
Old 2006-05-17, 21:13   Link #125
RobertM
Kobe, not Osaka...

A lot of things aren't clear to me, but then again, I'm usually not very quick on these things.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-19, 04:37   Link #126
et516

Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-19, 04:41   Link #127
et516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friera
Is Michelle a guy or a girl? Is it confirmed?
Its confirmed. Michel is

Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-22, 10:38   Link #128
Furin

SPOILER (sorry, I didn't know how to hide that... )
The name Michel (as pronounced in the anime) is actually french. Michel is used if the gender is male & Michelle's used if the gender's femelle. Both names are pronounced the same way.
As a suggestion, why not used Michelle referring to our actual main character who's just posing as her bro (brother who can be called/written Michel)?
Old 2006-06-29, 09:39   Link #129
Zehro

Hi. Just joined the forums because of GaraKan =O
Watching episode 9 at the moment. Though I just wonder... (spoiler is not past episode 7)
Spoiler:

and this one is for episode 9 T_T
Spoiler:

Last edited by Zehro; 2006-06-29 at 09:49.
Old 2006-07-06, 17:33   Link #130
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
That vetti character is David Bowie in the anime world.
Old 2006-07-06, 17:43   Link #131
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
Anyways, despise the flaws that the show has, I was enjoying it. Perhaps one of the best shows of the april season.
Old 2006-08-30, 21:54   Link #132
pianocello

Dunno if anyone is still watching but episode 11 showed that Vetti had a really disturbing past. Oh...and I really think that all the characters must have poor fashion taste - this show features some of the most dreadful clothes I've ever seen. And yet I'm still watching this and loving it.
Old 2006-09-24, 18:09   Link #133
aardvark

So did *anybody* actually see this through to the end, or did everyone just give up?

Kinda curious to see whats the overall impression ended up being...
Old 2006-12-13, 01:23   Link #134
molitar

Good question.. I watched it to the end.. what a strange ending it was too. Creo gave his life to Vetti of all people. Man that was so wrong on so many levels.. Evil Vetti becomes good and lives while Creo who was fighting for the people died.
Old 2006-12-18, 19:10   Link #135
LunaNeko

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Good question.. I watched it to the end.. what a strange ending it was too. Creo gave his life to Vetti of all people. Man that was so wrong on so many levels.. Evil Vetti becomes good and lives while Creo who was fighting for the people died.
Yeah, saw ending last night...man it was messed up. So anime was building up Vetti's character and EVERYONE should've hated his guts by episode 24 - no matter how messed up his childhood was - he was still messed up shouta f**ker, woman abuser and just plain nuts. Aaaaand in the last 3 mins of the series they had him all: OMG, what was I looking for all my life!!! And Creo all: Yeah, if you be a good boy, I'll give you my life and all.
WTF???????? It wasn't the best of series but I did enjoy it, but the ending was just retarded. Oh and Vetti was all: "Im so not gay anymore, even though I used to threw up everytime I saw boobs for 23 episodes".
And Michael? What was the point of her sleeping with Creo, and all looking into herself and thinking of being a woman again, when she was still Michael in man's clothes in the end who was all tearing up looking at Creo/Vetti?????
She started as main character but in the end she was brushed aside with NO mission, NO developement, with NOTHING.
Man, this anime pissed me off...
Old 2006-12-20, 21:32   Link #136
daddygoat

Kinda like Canvas 2; build up one way for 23 1/2 episodes, then totally change directions at the last minute.

Vetti was totally scum. To take a scheming selfish murderous pedophillic rapist and try and turn him into a savior in a couple lines of out-of-body dialoge just isn't going to cut it. And I can't believe that Michel would go for either.

All in all the series was a fun little soap opera, if you can just edit out about 5 minutes of the end.
Old 2006-12-23, 14:04   Link #137
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Guess I'm one of the few people that didn't care much about the series but liked the ending It was very interesting, and had its share of WTF, but I can understand the philosophy behind Creo giving his life to Vetti and Vetti being freed from his horrible childhood by somehow uniting with Creo. All and all it gave the whole series meaning for me, as I wasn't really enthusiastic when watching the previous episodes. And there's nothing wrong with getting to like someone who was, before a certain event, the bane of mankind or whatever. It has a good load of hopeful morals to share.

And was anyone in doubt that by the time Creo was introduced that Michel's role was going to get smaller and that the real battle is between Creo and Vetti? (which was pretty much made apparent in the later episodes). All in all, while the series was that good, I liked the ending, so it gets a better grade
Old 2007-01-05, 04:13   Link #138
DrewGSR

OMG jeebus, episode 11 about Vetti's past was pretty fuked up lol. Damn no wonder he is so messed up haha. Plus that Ralph guy is like the biggest fag ive ever seen in a anime, seriously hard to get any more queer than that.
Old 2007-02-17, 04:22   Link #139
gknight
shounen ai

Send a message via ICQ to gknight Send a message via MSN to gknight
say, i heard the show has shounen ai, can you tell me how serious it is and how frequent?
thank you. ^^
Old 2007-10-13, 03:02   Link #140
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Glass Fleet (Garasu No Kantai)

Can someone give me the lowdown on what is going on here?

I know that Funi picked up a title that had little or no subbing at all, but I still cannot figure out what the heck is going on.

The most irritating thing is how they refer to Michelle as both 'he' and 'she' all the guys have girl names and all the girls have guy names.

Cleo? Miss Cleo from 'Jamacia' eh? Guy
Vetti? Betty from Archie Comics? Guy
Ralph? Vetti's love slave? Girl (I THINK)

I can't figure out why this plot is even moving forward.

Anyone care to spoil it for me?

Edit : Man the search engine here SUCKS, I search for Glass Fleet and Garasu and nothing.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.

Last edited by Forbin; 2007-10-13 at 13:28.
Closed Thread