Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-12, 16:08   Link #101
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briareos
You're confusing your very strong opinions with reality. You can't just assume that everyone has had the same experiences that you have. Even if people do go through the same things, the experience is different for each person. The only way your statements can be true is if everyone were like yourself, which is clearly not the case.

Some people love DBZ, some people hate it. Most of us who hate it aren't nuts, just like no one should assume that someone who likes DBZ is stupid.

Of course if you seriously think that only gay guys love Sailor Moon then you deserve to be thought of as stupid.

Well like you said, ppl see anime different, and i LOVE DBZ and YOU dont, so YOU LOVE Sailor Moon and i hella hate it, and your calling me stupid? why dont you read your last post and seriously think before you write, you gaved me a good comment but you just killed it at the end......
Old 2004-01-12, 16:19   Link #102
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
The entire DragonBall series is one of the oldest and best anime series. It is just showing its age. Of course it wouldn't stack up well against the current anime or even anime that is 10 years old. but that's normal. it's like videogames or movies. i know pac-man used to rock a long time ago but i wouldn't play it anymore. just too simple for me (i didn't say it was easy though). I like Star Wars and all but I am not a huge fan and if I had a choice between Star Wars or Braveheart, I'd watch Braveheart...
Old 2004-01-12, 17:04   Link #103
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonz20
The entire DragonBall series is one of the oldest and best anime series. It is just showing its age. Of course it wouldn't stack up well against the current anime or even anime that is 10 years old. but that's normal. it's like videogames or movies. i know pac-man used to rock a long time ago but i wouldn't play it anymore. just too simple for me (i didn't say it was easy though). I like Star Wars and all but I am not a huge fan and if I had a choice between Star Wars or Braveheart, I'd watch Braveheart...
AMEN to that dude.......

OMG finally some one that inst a dummb ass!
Old 2004-01-12, 18:45   Link #104
Mcdonalds

OMG how long is this post. I agree, when compared to the new anime it is sucky sucky sucky. However, it was the very first anime i watched and i loved it. Although if i was to watch it now, i spose i could bear it, but only just. Not that i would go watch it again because i simply don't have money to buy it (and wouldn't buy it). Oh well, will still hold a place in my heart.
Old 2004-01-12, 19:02   Link #105
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcdonalds
OMG how long is this post. I agree, when compared to the new anime it is sucky sucky sucky. However, it was the very first anime i watched and i loved it. Although if i was to watch it now, i spose i could bear it, but only just. Not that i would go watch it again because i simply don't have money to buy it (and wouldn't buy it). Oh well, will still hold a place in my heart.
Well, I'm guessing most of the Dragonball haters have only seen the raped Cartoon Network version so you can hardly blame them.

Dragonball does have it's flaws, but it was, is and will always be a classic show.
Old 2004-01-12, 19:05   Link #106
Muraki
Dreamer

Nooo why is this thing alive again...(Sigh)

Let sleeping dogs lie (Or however it goes)

Don't blame CN for everything they aren't the dubbers. They simply show it.
Old 2004-01-13, 00:37   Link #107
mr_green32

If I may.

My very first anime was Iria: The Ziram Animation. Viewed in it's entirety in Sci-Fi channel about 7-8 years back in English format. I always wanted Akira because of the comercials I saw, not because of the cornerstone it was. My first owned anime was Ninja Scroll, in Japanese subtitle form. This anime started me on my love and otaku-ness. I started with English. I liked it back then. When I had my first taste of Japanese, I wanted nothing else. I'm not going to lie and say I never watched English, but I prefer Japanese. That's my preferance. That's what I like, not because it's "the true otaku thing to do". I love Ninja Scroll and will always deem it as my favorite anime. Not because of the fight scenes, or because my freinds think it's a "really cool cartoon". I just love that anime in it's entirety. That's my preferance, my choice. People, Dragonball (in all 3 forms) is, was, and always will be a good anime. Regardless if my little 8 yr old nephew likes the fights or whether my wife likes the drama or whether people just go crazy over that gold hair. Everyone has peraonal preferance. If I like the fight scenes, and only find the "dragging out" slightly aannoying, as opposed to "sucks total s--t", does that put me in some catagory? No, it just makes me different. I'm not out to impress anyone. I watch what I like, and I encourage everyone to do the same. I don't go with the norm. I see alot of people who are true, hardcore otakus, then I see them bashing "DBZ-fanboys/girls". If they love DBZ, let them love it. Same for Sailor Moon, or Gundam, or Slayers or whatever anime they like. The great thing about being a citizen of the USA is that we have the freedom to cherish what we will. I think sometimes it's not a matter of "let's discuss this anime", it comes out more like "who knows more about anime, who's more hardcore, who's watched more". This isn't a competition. It's anime, to be enjoyed by any and all, in any form.

"Why People Hate Hate Dbz? Are You Nuts?"
Some people hate it. Some love it. But no one is better than the other. Freedom.
Old 2004-01-13, 08:02   Link #108
Jsugita82
håll käften

Send a message via AIM to Jsugita82
.... DBZ is for lil kids silly; time to watch somethin with a story line besides kicking the bad guys ass.
Old 2004-01-13, 09:49   Link #109
alchemistfanatic344
Fallen Alchemist

In my opinion DB (not DBZ) is a great starter anime for those who havent seen it (its what got me into Anime) I really enjoyed DB imagine my excitement when I found out that they would be releasing a sequel series DBZ for almost 3 years i was on edge waiting for DBZ in which time i discovered lots of great animes one in particular Neon Genesis Evangelion. so when DBZ finally arived i was kinda over it but i wtched it out of loyalty to the great Akira toriyama but after watching 2 seasons i had had enough of Goku and the gang it just got boring towards the end of the second season i mean i could have sworn frieza said that the damn planet would explode in 5 minutes but that fight took like 9 episodes i mean theres only so long i want to wait to see goku die again and again and again. I think it lost its substance and became a cult series for fanboys with over 200 eps. today's anime such as GetBackers, Fullmetal Alchemist, Voices of a distant Star, and even the fanboy series seem a lot better. But I will every now and then when I want to see lots of stuff blown up i will pop in an old DBZ tape. So it isnt horrible just not.....great
Old 2004-01-13, 10:06   Link #110
alchemistfanatic344
Fallen Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muraki
Nooo why is this thing alive again...(Sigh)

Let sleeping dogs lie (Or however it goes)

Don't blame CN for everything they aren't the dubbers. They simply show it.

Yeah they show it over and over and over and over and over. it is time to put it in the vault and make way for something new or at least bring back the classics i remeber when i actually liked watching toonami you know when it was all anime and not frekin jackie chan adventures or whatever they are showing now. personally I can do with another go of the Gundam Wing series and Ronin Warriors, no tenshi though I really don't like that show they could even bring something new in idont know maybe....Eva or tekkeman theres enough action in those two and good plot (excelent plot for eva) and who knows maybe Serial Experiment Lain..yeah you heard me I said it Seriel Experiment Lain that ought to get the kids good and confused so they can turn the tv off and go outside
Old 2004-01-13, 10:21   Link #111
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

Hey! I feel like I have to defend this anime!!!! Many of my students watch this.... and really enjoy it. DBZ is like a introduction to anime for younger viewers. I know its not the same but its a start. LOL.... I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that I have disscussion on the series with my students. Remember, I'm trying to bring a whole new generation to watch anime.

I've watched mostly all the episodes except for GT and really like them.
Old 2004-01-13, 18:09   Link #112
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

man i wish this thread will just die already, but i see it wont for some time. I know im contradicting myself but who cares. lol

DB/DBZ/GT is the shit anyone who says they dont like it can go to hell. LOL J/K
Old 2004-01-13, 21:14   Link #113
method

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemistfanatic344
Yeah they show it over and over and over and over and over. it is time to put it in the vault and make way for something new or at least bring back the classics i remeber when i actually liked watching toonami you know when it was all anime and not frekin jackie chan adventures or whatever they are showing now. personally I can do with another go of the Gundam Wing series and Ronin Warriors, no tenshi though I really don't like that show they could even bring something new in idont know maybe....Eva or tekkeman theres enough action in those two and good plot (excelent plot for eva) and who knows maybe Serial Experiment Lain..yeah you heard me I said it Seriel Experiment Lain that ought to get the kids good and confused so they can turn the tv off and go outside
Well DBZ still pulls in the ratings which is why it stays. CN doesn't have the rights to Wing or Ronin warriors anymore. They aired a couple of episodes of Eva, but ADV has The anime network which is where most of their series will air. SEL's rights are owned by Techtv and SEL isn't an action series so it wouldn't even be considered for air on toonami.
Old 2004-01-13, 22:04   Link #114
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

It would be sweet if CN would air lesser known anime such as GateKeepers or Magic Knight Rayearth. Or how bout some Ai Yori Aoshi or A Little Snow Fairy Sugar. That would be nice, I like Shoujo anime too not only shounen, but hey CN would prolly cut choke scenes out just like how they did blue gender and the others. What I dont understand is why they cut out sex scenes in Blue Gender when the program block is called Adult Swim it doesn't make sense.
Old 2004-01-13, 22:30   Link #115
method

Simple. The reason is that Cn has higher standards for what is allowable on tv even for the late night block. CN is still thought of as a children's network and can be subject to attack by misguided people like Julie Mcbride-Wyatt. Shoujo anime just doesn't sell as well as shounen anime.
Old 2004-01-13, 22:33   Link #116
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Well I dint read all the post but I just wanted to say this : DBZ IS THE BEST ANIME EVER!!! :fingers: NO F***** sarcasm!! it has everything that an anime needs to be perfect; sadness, commedy, action THE MOTHERSHIP of your beloved NARUTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like it or not thats just it. Why everyone one say DBZ suck? I'm a tell you why 1rst rule to make an entrance in the Otaku world for some people is to diss commercial anime I aint no stupid nooobie and I'm otaku since my mother gave birth to me 23 years ago I've watch DBZ in Japanese as we watch Naruto now sub. So that it. People who flame DBZ is shit Tell me ONE thing, Scene/ aspect/ story/ anything in DBZ that sucks!?? Well name one if you dare anyway for me it dosent.
Old 2004-01-13, 22:45   Link #117
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by method
Simple. The reason is that Cn has higher standards for what is allowable on tv even for the late night block. CN is still thought of as a children's network and can be subject to attack by misguided people like Julie Mcbride-Wyatt. Shoujo anime just doesn't sell as well as shounen anime.
True, but they shouldn't call it Adult Swim then. I kno Shoujo isn't as popular as Shonen anime but they could at least give it a shot. Besides Sailor Moon was a Shoujo anime and look how popular it became, and it wasn't even as good as I say Fruits Basket.
Old 2004-01-13, 22:56   Link #118
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
True, but they shouldn't call it Adult Swim then. I kno Shoujo isn't as popular as Shonen anime but they could at least give it a shot. Besides Sailor Moon was a Shoujo anime and look how popular it became, and it wasn't even as good as I say Fruits Basket.
Adult swim just means they can up the rating one notch, it *does not* mean that they can show it uncut. Adult swim is just a name it doesn't have to reflect the content at all. Second of all, CN can only show what the licensing companies give them. So if the licenseing company wants to give crappy edited to shreds episodes, there isn't a whole hell of alot CN can do.
Old 2004-01-13, 23:05   Link #119
method

Adult swim is a marketing name. It comes from the times when the pool was for adults only. Sailormoon is the only example of shoujo that was successful, but the CN execs don't feel that other titles could generate.
Old 2004-01-13, 23:32   Link #120
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by method
Adult swim is a marketing name. It comes from the times when the pool was for adults only. Sailormoon is the only example of shoujo that was successful, but the CN execs don't feel that other titles could generate.
Has there ever been another shoujo anime on tv? I can't think of any off the top of my head.
Closed Thread