AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-09-05, 07:54   Link #61
i0td

Crocodile expert, wildlife icon, a brilliant man. Very sad indeed. Rest in peace, Mr. Steve Irwin.
i0td is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 09:30   Link #62
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
omg i cnt believe hes dead...one of the worlds greates icons
i can still remeber that i used to love watching his show "crocodile hunter" on TV and its a real shame to see such a great man go...
but still would be a greater death to get munched on by a croc then to die at the hands of a fish >.<
and he was really unlucky to get the poison to the heart...might have been fine if it hit his limbs...i guess this is when your time is up
RIP...
It was said that the bleeding, "like being hit by a spear in the heart" according to the police reports, not the poison itself,that got him
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 09:41   Link #63
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ah rite so it was a puncture to the heart...i guess thats very unlucky then

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 10:11   Link #64
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Well, at least in certain Heavens, in particular the Celtic/Irish ones, you can take the form of your favourite animal in life....

Which Means...

Crikey!! Mr Irwin would be the Crocodile Of Crocodiles in Heaven!! SENSATIONAL!!
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 12:20   Link #65
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

ya know, they say Heaven takes the good souls first from this world
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 12:35   Link #66
Ombrenuit
Day Dreams...

Send a message via AIM to Ombrenuit Send a message via MSN to Ombrenuit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlxJ-...elated&search=

To think this is catagorized under comedy . He really did have a heart of gold. He shared his life and his passions with us.
Ombrenuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 12:48   Link #67
Lost

Ouch. Sad.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 12:56   Link #68
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ombrenuit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlxJ-...elated&search=

To think this is catagorized under comedy . He really did have a heart of gold. He shared his life and his passions with us.
not surprisingly that made me drop a tear...
hes was a really great man...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2006-09-05, 12:59   Link #69
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Talk about the irony, he took on crocodiles yet he got brought down by a Stingray...

Gonna miss the guy.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 16:04   Link #70
Green²
It's bacon!

Reuters is reporting that Irwin pulled the barb out himself before he died.

http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...archived=False

Though of what I know, no idea if it was the physical tearing that killed him, the poison, ...or both. But as to one thing, he should have left the barb alone within, so as to the doctors could do the removal without creating further damage.

Excerpt --

Marine experts say stingrays can deliver horrific, agonizing injuries from the toxin-laden barbs, which can measure up to 8 inches in length and cause injuries like a knife or bayonet.

"It's not the going in that causes the damage, it's the coming out where those deep serrations kind of pull on the flesh, and you end up with a very jagged tear which is quite a pronounced injury," said Dr. Bryan Fry, deputy director of the Australian Venom Research Unit.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 16:20   Link #71
xxmimixx
♥Sebastian's new wife♥
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to xxmimixx Send a message via Yahoo to xxmimixx
I heard of this yesturday. I was crying as ever. RIP Steve Irwin. You were a great guy .
Old 2006-09-05, 23:35   Link #72
Ombrenuit
Day Dreams...

Send a message via AIM to Ombrenuit Send a message via MSN to Ombrenuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green²
Reuters is reporting that Irwin pulled the barb out himself before he died.

http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...archived=False

Though of what I know, no idea if it was the physical tearing that killed him, the poison, ...or both. But as to one thing, he should have left the barb alone within, so as to the doctors could do the removal without creating further damage.

Excerpt --

Marine experts say stingrays can deliver horrific, agonizing injuries from the toxin-laden barbs, which can measure up to 8 inches in length and cause injuries like a knife or bayonet.

"It's not the going in that causes the damage, it's the coming out where those deep serrations kind of pull on the flesh, and you end up with a very jagged tear which is quite a pronounced injury," said Dr. Bryan Fry, deputy director of the Australian Venom Research Unit.
If it entered his heart, the poison would have its greatest impact there, it would enter his bloodstream directly in its most vulnerable part and quickly circulate through his body. Keeping it in wouldn't have saved him.
Ombrenuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-06, 08:31   Link #73
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
It's sad, but true. I was shocked when if first heard of it myself. Saddening enough I got the news from playing World Of Warcraft. He was always a cooky guy, but he has always left his feelings decide what he needed to do, eh?

Wikipedia.org
Quote:
--->Some (notably Germaine Greer) have argued that this behaviour led logically to Irwin's ultimate demise from contact with a dangerous animal.
criticism
Quote:
-->In September 2006, Greer's column in The Guardian newspaper about the death of Steve Irwin attracted criticism for what was reported as a "distasteful tirade". In an interview with the Nine Network's A Current Affair, Greer said she "really found the whole Steve Irwin phenomenon embarrassing and I'm not the only person who did, or indeed the only Australian who did and that she hoped that "exploitative nature documentaries" would now end.

I'm sure everyone thought Steven Erwins behaviors were erratic, but criticing someone's death is rather low in my sense, but we are judge by our own decision and how we make them.
ps: I think from Steven Erwin's personality, he probably would've pulled the barb out himself anyway, even if he knew leaving it there would have been the best choice. This is my tribute to him, even though I wasn't much of a fan to him. Die for what you believe, even if you may die from it.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.

Last edited by Aoie_Emesai; 2006-09-06 at 08:48.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-06, 09:43   Link #74
Lost

It must have hurt like hell. What would you do in that situation? Obviously try to remove the foreign body as soon as possible.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-06, 09:56   Link #75
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Note his immense will. I'd have hyperventilated then and there as I writhed in pain and suffering, but he managed to pull it out. That deserves some accolade.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-06, 10:36   Link #76
ImClueless
Rawr

From what I heard on the radio, the poison was not the cause of his death. Getting stabbed in the heart by a 10 inch blade was. After pulling the stinger out, he pretty much had a hole in his heart and when that happens you go pretty quick. The poison didn't really have a chance to play a role at all.
ImClueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-06, 10:58   Link #77
Rin-Sama
Banned

actually the stab itself killed him. he was jsut contious long enough to pull it out. he was dead the moment the barbe stabbed him. it didn't matter if he pulled it out or not.
Rin-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-06, 11:31   Link #78
ImClueless
Rawr

Well the thing is if he didn't pull it out, chances are he wouldve lived a bit longer. Probably would've died anyway ,but at least a bit longer. Leaving the spine in means you won't get a massive torrent of blood gushing out right away. But yeah he was pretty much dead the moment he got stabbed....Unless you was right outside a emergency ward with a truama team standing by, but even then.
ImClueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-06, 15:42   Link #79
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

The reason why Steve pulled out the barb was for the stingray's sake. He let the stingray go alive. If he was brought out of the water with the stingray attached to him, the stingray would be the one who's going to die.

Till the very end, everything he cared for are the animals.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-06, 15:50   Link #80
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
The reason why Steve pulled out the barb was for the stingray's sake. He let the stingray go alive. If he was brought out of the water with the stingray attached to him, the stingray would be the one who's going to die.

Till the very end, everything he cared for are the animals.
i was thinking along the lines of it hurting like hell and it being a reflex kinda thing...you statement is way better...if he did die instantly i would have been better than to be suffering a long and painful death