Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-09-10, 21:19   Link #1
FCryosuke3S

Blue Dragon/Lost Odyssey for the360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dragon
Blue Dragon has Sakaguchi representing Final Fantasy, Toriyama representing Dragon Quest and Kusonoki representing Panzer Dragoon (Blinx fits somewhere in there as well, we're sure). And we didn't even mention Nobuo Uematsu, the former Square Enix musician who's creating all the music for the game (he's also creating all the music for Lost Odyssey -- busy man)! With this talented group working on the game, we hope to have a deep, quality Japanese-style RPG in the early life of the Xbox 360.
For more info click here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Odyssey
May 13, 2005 - We already knew about Blue Dragon, one of Mistwalker's two Xbox 360 titles, but today's Japanese Xbox 360 press conference served as the unveiling point for the other game. Titled Lost Odyssey, this Japanese RPG is being developed under the watchful eye of Mistwalker founder Hironobu Sakaguchi.
Clicl here to read more...

Blue Dragon trailer
Lost Odyssey trailer
Lost Odyssey trailer 2
Mistwalker's website

I can't wait to see/hear more info/videos of those two games on TGS, same with the other 360 JRPGS!!!!

UPDATE:
TGS06: Lost Odyssey images
TGS06: Blue Dragon images
TGS06: Blue Dragon trailer
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxyde
After a realtime presentation that already was excellent looking, Sakaguchi unveiled this new trailer showing some cutscenes, for massive damage. The universe created by Toriyama didn't lose anything when going into 3D.
TGS06: Lost Odyssey Intro
Quote:
I let you decide when the prerended stuff blend with ingame
TGS06: Blue Dragon Gameplay
Quote:
The first one features combats, and the second is a mix of cinematics. It looks stunning, and the difference between real-time and CGI is almost impossible to tell.

Update : All gameplay videos have been removed at MS' request. Please don't ask for them to be back.
TGS06: Lost Odyssey Gameplay
Quote:
Sakaguchi explained the demo features about everything the team has developed untill now: one hour of gameplay. Obviously, and unlike the ready-to-be-released Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey still has a long way to come.

UPDATE!!!!!!!: All gameplay videos have been removed at MS' request. Please don't ask for them to be back.
bluedragon.tv <----- Blue Dragon website coming on Sept. 22nd, 2006.... And .tv? an anime for blue dragon!?!?!?!?!? lol

IU

TGS06: Infinite Undiscovery images

*Check Lebron's thread for more Trusty Bell goodies *

Last edited by FCryosuke3S; 2006-09-21 at 00:49.
FCryosuke3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-13, 12:15   Link #2
Lebron
I hear voices

heres a new one from Tri-Ace coming to 360 aswell called infinite Undiscovery
http://www.jeux-france.com/Webmaster...2110_0_big.jpg

and heres the first ingame Lost Odyssey Screen, pic quality is junk, but o well there will be a playable demo at TGS
http://img44.imagevenue.com/img.php?..._122_567lo.jpg
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 08:27   Link #3
FCryosuke3S

Lost Odyssey info

Quote:
It's coming finally ! Famitsu just revealed a lot of informations about Lost Odyssey, the game engine, the combat system and the playable demo, as well as an awesome screenshot. See more in the news.
Update : Full scans added!

The game engine will run at 30 fps, and the character models for the movies are almost identical to the realtime models, which have been checked closely by Inoue, the character designer. We also learn the game will use a command menu driven interface for the combats, we'll get the powers of any enemy defeated, and there'll be no game over, as the main character is immortal. At least, a few words about the demo. It will be available in Japan in early November, it will last about one hour and won't feature anything but the most basic parts of the combat system. No character growth system as well. We can't wait to grab you videos of the game next week, at TGS.
I can't wait to see a video of the demo at TGS. Can someone please translate what the famitsu mag says? thnx!!!

EDIT: Here's an article from Tim Rogers, who's played the demo. LINKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Rogers
In this week’s Japan column, we look at Hironobu Sakaguchi's Lost Odyssey, the game that could steal the Tokyo Game Show and reverse Xbox 360’s fortunes over there…
Old 2006-09-15, 16:20   Link #4
Marvel
Demon-Fox Inside©

Lost Oddysee and Blue Dragon are really looking great.... I hope that Lost Oddysee will be as great as he describes in his article. Is it me or is the Xbox360 getting more and more Japanese titles. Now these two, we are already getting Trusty Bell, Mobile Suit: One year war,Infinite Undiscovery, Dead or Alive Extreme 2, Super Robot Taisen XO and so on....
Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 17:41   Link #5
FCryosuke3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel
Lost Oddysee and Blue Dragon are really looking great.... I hope that Lost Oddysee will be as great as he describes in his article. Is it me or is the Xbox360 getting more and more Japanese titles. Now these two, we are already getting Trusty Bell, Mobile Suit: One year war,Infinite Undiscovery, Dead or Alive Extreme 2, Super Robot Taisen XO and so on....
Well, here's what Che Chu from the Forza team said about the demo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Che
So I checked out the first 15 action-packed minutes of the nearly hour long Lost Odyssey TGS demo yesterday and I was completely blindsided by how f'ing awesome this game looks and feels (in the emotion stirring sense).

I don't know if this game is going to "steal TGS" or sell a million Xbox 360s in Japan, but goddamn it is an impressive piece of work that will turn a lot of heads. Takehiko Inoue's art direction has taken on a maturity that goes even beyond his work in Vagabond, and seeing it in motion in both the CG and real-time graphics makes me think that his future isn't in manga but rather in 3D and games.

But what really got to me beyond the FF-style combat vs. like 1000 enemies and seamless integration of real-time and CG graphics is the way Lost Odyssey conveys a sense a mystery around its main character (who apparently is immortal). I walked away from the demo immediately wanting to know more about the game's scenario -- hero, villains, f'ed up world, everything.

I haven't played a J-RPG and haven't wanted to play one since... ****, I can't even remember, and now I suddenly can't wait for Mistwalker to finish the damn game. :P
And about Blue Dragon:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Che
Jesus, I'm trying to work and eat lunch here.

Blue Dragon is good. Graphics are simplistic and clean, but it suits Toriyama's style perfectly and the quality of the models combined with the post-effects happening onscreen really make this game look almost CG in real-time. Gameplay-wise, there are some pretty major twists and I certainly don't want to give anything away, but if you love Dragon's Quest style JRPGs, this is going to be a real beast. The game also feels very lengthy. That's all I can say without getting Tenchu'ed.
And yeah, the 360 is getting more and more Japanese titles such as: Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Cry-On, Trusty Bell, IU (Infinite Undiscovery, Tri-Ace game!!!), Ninja Gaiden 2!!!!!, Mobile Suit: One year war, DOAX2, Super Robot Taisen XO, [eM] eNCHANT arM, Bullet Witch, N3.
Old 2006-09-15, 17:58   Link #6
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCryosuke3S
EDIT: Here's an article from Tim Rogers, who's played the demo. LINKY
Tom Rogers is one of the most insane people on the Web, so I would anything he says with a grain of salt.

Either way, the game is shaping up nicely, can'y wait to see the demo.

Here is the Staff List BTW for anyone interested:

Staff:

LOST ODYSSEY

Director
Daisuke Fukugawa :
Final Fantasy Tactics battle planner
Legend of Mana world map system design chief and sub system design

Takehiro Kaminagayoshi:
Legend of dragoon event script and event director
Magic Knight Rayearth assistant planner (Sega Saturn)

Producer
Hironobu Sakaguchi

Hiroshi Kawai:
Final Fantasy VII character programmer
Final Fantasy IX and Parasite Eve main programmer
Magatama programmer and producer

Movie Director
Katsuyuki Motohiro:
Bayside Shakedown, Space Travelers, Transparent: Tribute to a Sad Genius director

Art Director
Takamasa Ohsawa:
Shadow Heart:Covenant art director
Koudelka art director

Concept Artist
Eric Feng
Christian Lorenz Scheurer : FF9, FF the Spirit Within, Dark City, Titanic, etc.

Character Designer
Takehiko Inoue

Character Modeler
Hiroshi Arai
Tengai Makyou Zero game designer
Final Fantasy VII main character modeler
Final Fantasy IX character modeler
Parasite Eve 3D character director

Music
Nobuo Uematsu

Scenario
Kiyoshi Shigematsu (famous Japanese novelist)

Translation of the Famitsu Interview Posted by Blimblim from GAF:

Quote:
Famitsu Lost Odyssey Interview

Hamamura(Famitsu Guy): It's been a long time, I heard you finally show us Lost Odyssey Demo, Right? Is it gone Gold?
Sakaguchi(Mistwalker): Yeah it's finalized at last. Let's start playing here.

- Sakaguchi start Lost Odyssey Demo. I can see its beautiful but really magnificent opening movie,
and it changed first ingame battle seamlessly.with Xbox360's power these gorgeous gameplay took our breath away.
His total playing time of this demo was almost 40min. He said it took you roughly 60min playing if first time.
We put some beautiful screens and some captions around pages. -

Hamamura : Wow..Now I can say the demo is finalized as you told.

Sakaguchi : Yup the demo is done.

Hamamura : I can be frankly to talk you this, but these goodness really approve the power of Next-Gen.

Sakaguchi : I've been to make these kind of things since early days of making plots.
For example, We couldn't put these crowds of soldiers in early developments.
But we made hard works and make its speed faster,then we can fill huge amounts of mobs in full of screen.

Hamamura : The first scene of opening reminds me LoTR movie. Massive amounts of mobs and soldiers were fighting like that.

Sakaguchi : Exactly,That's what I have been hoping to run real-time.

Hamamura : Yes, Actually I could understand if it was only a "Movie" though,
It didn't end as usual,but start gameplay seamlessly! I really thanks to Next-Gen to make these things possible.

Sakaguchi : It works and gets along somehow. But I think we can put more efforts in visuals for release day.
I can say it's only 80% done in visual aspects.

Hamamura : I also remembered that when you were SE employee, You showed us some of FF7 in development.
You still remember that??

Sakaguchi : Hey Hamamura. you changed your intonations in a Kansai accent. what's wrong with you (Laugh)

Hamamura : (Laugh) I'm sorry, yeah I know I'm really excited at this Demo.
Well,It was SNES era and we were very pleased it's visual quality. But we were really shocked at seeing FF7's pre-rendered CGIs
Cuz it showed us that we can play games in such a quality.

Sakaguchi : I can agree that.In LO we use almost same character model, texture's resolutions and artworks are almost same as well.
(I know they are different and) we can put lots of times in making "Movie" carefully, camera-works etc.
but we can make "real-times" looks almost same as "Movies", I think it's similar to Films.
We can check these 30 frames running and render them beautifully in real-time.

Hamamura : But, If you really want to make it Film-like, Only You should do was using real films.
But I can say there are lot of "feelings" from original artworks. It's really nice.

Sakaguchi : Kindly, Mr.Inoue did special efforts in these artworks, I want audiences also could "feel" his touch.
Actually, All of completed 3D model were checked by him. We send him 3D model datas which is rendered in several point of views.
He could correct some of them like "make this eyebrow little longer" then send us back. We had tons of these correction about details.
So, I believe Mr.Inoue is very satisfied as well.

Hamamura : Good thing that he's also satisfied.

Sakaguchi : And you can see that LO has low-color tones such as smokes, muddy water, dust etc.
I think you could feel that you were running in shallow muddy waters and jumping around.
Which is from Mr.Inoue's "Vagabond" manga, I wanted to make such atmospheres.
/* Vagabond : Inoue's VERY famous manga. one of his masterpieces.*/

Hamamura : I can admit it. I believe Next-Gen power really helps that, bringing originals to game as it is.

Sakaguchi : I believe Mr.Inoue's influence was really huge. Since hardware is Soo powerful,
we could make more eye-candy in monsters and visual effects. but we afraid them spoil Inoue's atmosphere.
Having been in Inoue's world, We could easily make a decision about LO's art directions.

Hamamura : Looks like its battle system is almost done as well.

Sakaguchi : No, this is pretty basic one. In this Demo version, we didn't implement two of key features,
character's "growing"(he didn't say LvLing) and "control-able".

Hamamura : Interesting. How it works?

Sakaguchi : Pardon?(Laugh)

Hamamura : c'mon

Sakaguchi : I can reveal only about "growing" though. Well there are some other guys who can't die like Kaim but will join your party.
In opposit there are "normal" people who can join your party as well.
When "normal" members are dying "abnormal" members have choice to merge their "ability" or not.

Hamamura : Ah, You told little about that at last interview we had.

Sakaguchi : Yeah.Who is able to "die" or not is depends on LO's game system, and it links to story.
I bet you will be WTF and hesitate to absorb some of their power.
It will knock your morals and make you dazzling. I wanna make LO's system like that.

Hamamura : It really sounds fun!

Sakaguchi : Yes, but I think LO will be really "unique" game,
main theme is "A man who can't die" and Kaim will be waking up even he is defeated.
I that terms there is no "game over" in this game. cuz you can't die.

Hamamura : It means never invincible but you "can't" die. In Demo, one soldier wondered and asked Kaim "why the hell you still alive?",
I got strong feeling at that scene.

Sakaguchi : That is main theme and make story driven. LO is so unique but It's gonna be new experience as well.

Hamamura : I noticed some fun factors, like you can kick a can and its movement is physically simulated.(Laugh)

Sakaguchi : Kicking is only you can do though.I think it's not proper way to use physics. much wastes of power.(Laugh)
I will implement physics into game systems as some secret or gimmicks or such.
But In Demo version, All you can do is Kicking a Can.

Hamamura : I also noticed that you can tear off posters. Kaim found it and gave a glance.

Sakaguchi : This kinds of fun is set as basic concept. LO has HUGE environments with LONG story.
So I wanted to put these "fun" much around to react your actions. But there are not enough in Demo.

Hamamura : I could find some amount of that though.

Sakaguchi : We will add them in final stage of development.
wanna put these useless fun factors, also wanna make NPC's extra stories as well.

Hamamura : When demo ended, there are short message appeared. What is this?

Sakaguchi : Mr.Shigematsu's work. yeah I know it's really short. The message tells you how the Demo ends.
it's not so loud but very meaningful. I like his choice of this word.

Hamamura : Yea. I was really moved.

Sakaguchi : You can check it out by playing Demo. You can see different massage in retail version.
It will be bit longer to tell about Story and its back-end.

Hamamura : I will. Speaking about Mr.Shigematsu, How much did he write up stories?

Sakaguchi : He is still working(Laugh) He has been busy on this since first day. He asked me "When is this finished???"(laugh)
I bet he already wrote up same amount of a novel. We implement it as Kaim's thousand year's dreams
and sometimes they appear as main scenario. there are tons of sad story.
Even most of them are shorter than normal "short story" it still makes me cry sometimes.

Hamamura : Everytime I can shed tears at his novels.

--

Hamamura : Let's go back to talk about Demo itself. How you willing to bring this Demo to customers?

Sakaguchi : You can play at TGS for sure. And we put Demo disc on Famitsu early November.
I think users can't play full of demo at TGS, So I hope them to check Famitsu and play everything.

Hamamura : I can't wait it as well. So when are you thinking final version will be released?

Sakaguchi : The release date should be 2007. I cant figure it though but we are trying to make it fast.
Since Demo is up. most of basic systems are already done.
So I need to work on map editing and some of event directions right now.

Hamamura : You're putting so much things to the last as you were.
Like last 20% of development takes same period of times of past 80%.

Sakaguchi : My staffs are already crying. They calls my corrections "Devil's Report" (Laugh)

Hamamura : (Laugh)Pls Do it more to make it better. Well Can I ask you about your other projects?

Sakaguchi : I'm pretty sure we can release Blue Dragon in this year. You can check it in TGS as well.
I can accept another interview about this.
If there are no problems in developing, I can say NDS game ASH will be out in 1st half of 2007.
Then Lost Odyssey and CryOn There are some of secret projects going on, but I can't tell atm.
Maybe We can talk about them near future.

Hamamura : Seems you are really gearing up so hard these days. Every your projects sounds fun!
I'm really looking forward them. Thanks.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 18:29   Link #7
FCryosuke3S

Quote:
Tom Rogers is one of the most insane people on the Web, so I would anything he says with a grain of salt.
People have been telling me that all day, and I'm not really sure who the guy is BUT, I trust Che and from the looks of it, so does the other memebers of GAF and TXB
And wow, thnx for listing all that, you rock!!!!
Old 2006-09-20, 03:08   Link #8
Lebron
I hear voices

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9tMOMRboWs First Gameplay vid from the Demo

The game looks damn good

Last edited by Lebron; 2006-09-20 at 07:41.
Old 2006-09-20, 08:43   Link #9
Bossman

http://www.xboxyde.com/news_3478_en.html

Trusty Bell is gonna rule. Hirano Aya is voicing one of the characters which is simply awesome.
Bossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 08:50   Link #10
Lebron
I hear voices

lol Bossman, I just posted that, weird timing huh? But yea it looks amazing aswell

First Gameplay Footage of Blue Dragon
The video quality doesn't do the game justice, hopefully we will get a direct feed in the coming days

enjoy
Old 2006-09-20, 12:04   Link #11
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman
Hirano Aya is voicing one of the characters which is simply awesome.
Oh how I wish I could speak Japanese. Being able to listen to Haruhi...- I mean Hirano ( ), would make my year

Ah well, at least my ears will be graced by the awesomeness of Nobuo's music score This game is pretty much the reason I'm going to go buy a 360 (well, this and Gear of War).
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 13:18   Link #12
FCryosuke3S

Ahhhh, damn it, u guys beat me to it.... lol Thnx for posting those!!!
As for the LO video, has anything ever been done akin to the transitions between CG and GP that this game is doing? That sh*t is crazy!!!! And the BD videos...... HOT DAMN!!!! That was freaking AMAZING!!! Ima go update my first post now... hehe
Old 2006-09-20, 13:19   Link #13
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron
lol Bossman, I just posted that, weird timing huh? But yea it looks amazing aswell

The video quality doesn't do the game justice, hopefully we will get a direct feed in the coming days

enjoy
OMG, it's GREAT SAIYAMAN!

The game looks to be pretty good so far. Two things I hope for: since it still looks somewhat like an early build, I hope the load time for going into battle gets cut down (or even better, removed completely)...I still have nightmares about the load time for battles from Xenosaga II. And other thing is that I hope they take the cue from another JRPG that was just recently released (Enchanted Arms) and include the option of switching audio tracks. I'm watching these games with a pretty good amount of interest...and I might just decide to pick up a 360 when these games come out. Curse you all, I'll barely have enough time to play the Wii and PS3...and now this thread has made me want the 360 as well. Blargh...
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 13:35   Link #14
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark`
OMG, it's GREAT SAIYAMAN!

The game looks to be pretty good so far. Two things I hope for: since it still looks somewhat like an early build, I hope the load time for going into battle gets cut down (or even better, removed completely)...I still have nightmares about the load time for battles from Xenosaga II. And other thing is that I hope they take the cue from another JRPG that was just recently released (Enchanted Arms) and include the option of switching audio tracks. I'm watching these games with a pretty good amount of interest...and I might just decide to pick up a 360 when these games come out. Curse you all, I'll barely have enough time to play the Wii and PS3...and now this thread has made me want the 360 as well. Blargh...
They said in the Conf. they are optimizing the load times before its release in Dec 7, for Japan. Also yea I hope they allow the choice of picking Japanese voices, or they actually try and get good VA's. Although Im sure Mistwalker knows what they are doing, so hopefully it will all work out
Old 2006-09-20, 13:38   Link #15
FCryosuke3S

Quote:

enjoy
Check xboxyde's video (or my first post ) of it. You'll drool all over the damn game lol
Old 2006-09-20, 14:33   Link #16
Lebron
I hear voices

I've been trying lol, but their servers are being flooded. Im getting a kool 2kb/s, just 2 hours to go
Old 2006-09-20, 15:36   Link #17
FCryosuke3S

Quote:
I've been trying lol, but their servers are being flooded. Im getting a kool 2kb/s, just 2 hours to go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW6_Jgdi_5U
Old 2006-09-20, 18:59   Link #18
Iron Maw
Banned

TGS Videos

Lost Odyssey (Intro)
http://www.xboxyde.com/news_3480_en.html

Lost Odyssey (Gameplay)
http://www.xboxyde.com/news_3484_en.html

Blue Dragon (Trailer)
http://www.xboxyde.com/news_3479_en.html

Blue Dragon (Gameplay)
http://www.xboxyde.com/news_3483_en.html

Trusty Bell (Trailer)
http://www.xboxyde.com/news_3478_en.html

I think I just been sold a X360.

EDIT: LO's combat can still use a bit of work though, but everything else about it is excellent.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2006-09-20 at 19:12.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 22:17   Link #19
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Kids as main characters. Not buying.
Old 2006-09-20, 22:56   Link #20
FCryosuke3S

Quote:
Update : All gameplay videos have been removed at MS' request. Please don't ask for them to be back.
For BD and LO gameplay..... For those of you that have not seen the gameplay videos yet, you'll just have to search 'em at youtube....

EDIT: I know these is way off-topic, but check the new Lost Planet trailer, it will WOW as much as BD and LO......

Last edited by FCryosuke3S; 2006-09-21 at 00:54.