Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-14, 13:54   Link #281
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

alright that was a good enough explanation. Thanks Lucier
Old 2004-01-14, 16:10   Link #282
7hor
Full Metal Physicist

I love Lunar And I'm glad they are doing 2 versions now as well.
Old 2004-01-14, 16:42   Link #283
Melchiorus
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMpTy265
Episode 12's out?!
No, i watched the raw.
Old 2004-01-14, 20:15   Link #284
Lumiere
Sugar-Cube Editor

HI all

I guess i should take the time to note that now that break is over, Sugar-Cube has ramped back up, 9 is out, 10 should be out in the next 1-2 days (or I'll kill someone personally) and 11/12 are being worked on...

Lunar and Anime4Life: It is downright rude to start a fansub (regardless of why) from the middle without doing the first eps first. I'm sorry that you all feel that you need to grab leeches on popular series so bad as to do such things, and I hope that people here at animesuki and across the Internet/anime fandom will shun such actions and stay with groups that have worked hard to bring you a series from the beginning, starting from the beginning.

I'd like to thank all the people who have been waiting for so long for both Sugar-Cube and Anime-Keep to get together and get back to work. You will not be disappointed.

Lumiere[LovesEclair]
Sugar-Cube Editor, QC, QC/Distro Coordinator, and PR sucker.

Last edited by Lumiere; 2004-01-14 at 20:28.
Old 2004-01-14, 23:32   Link #285
corp20
Internet God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumiere
HI all

I guess i should take the time to note that now that break is over, Sugar-Cube has ramped back up, 9 is out, 10 should be out in the next 1-2 days (or I'll kill someone personally) and 11/12 are being worked on...

Lunar and Anime4Life: It is downright rude to start a fansub (regardless of why) from the middle without doing the first eps first. I'm sorry that you all feel that you need to grab leeches on popular series so bad as to do such things, and I hope that people here at animesuki and across the Internet/anime fandom will shun such actions and stay with groups that have worked hard to bring you a series from the beginning, starting from the beginning.

I'd like to thank all the people who have been waiting for so long for both Sugar-Cube and Anime-Keep to get together and get back to work. You will not be disappointed.

Lumiere[LovesEclair]
Sugar-Cube Editor, QC, QC/Distro Coordinator, and PR sucker.
Good thing. I didn't like the font that Anime4life used. I got the 9th eps from them and I tried to get Lunar Anime eps 10 and I got no sound from the download. I was going to give in and download 10 from Anime4life until I saw this post. Good thing. I waited for this long... whats another 2 days?
Old 2004-01-14, 23:34   Link #286
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

A4L's font drove me to want to take a chainsaw to my monitor in frustration.

I do agree that SC's got the best subs of the series to date.
Old 2004-01-15, 00:13   Link #287
Lucier
Lunar Translator

"alright that was a good enough explanation. Thanks Lucier"

->
No problem, glad I could answer =D

"I love Lunar And I'm glad they are doing 2 versions now as well."

->
Thanks ^^;

"Lunar and Anime4Life: It is downright rude to start a fansub (regardless of why) from the middle without doing the first eps first. "

->
Uhhh... I think you're on the WRONG track here...
Exactly WHO is this rude to?
The many fans that emailed and messaged us requesting us to pick up this series? Is it rude to them?... I think not... It's not rude to honor someones request.
I think by honoring our fans request we are doing something nice... as well as bringing more quality anime out for people to enjoy.
(Isn't that the point of fansubbing anyway?... it's not about fame or silly fandom wars... but to bring people anime to enjoy!)

If you have a beef with trying to make people happy, I can't say much... but I really disagree with your opinion that it's rude.

"I tried to get Lunar Anime eps 10 and I got no sound from the download."
->
You may have AC3 installed incorrectly... try removing it (if you have it installed) and trying the guide at:
http://www.lunaranime.org/WMV9_AC3Support.txt
I'm sure you'll enjoy it if you can get it working =)
If not, we're also releasing non-wmv/ac3 versions as I stated previously, so you could try those too =)
Old 2004-01-15, 01:47   Link #288
corp20
Internet God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucier
"I tried to get Lunar Anime eps 10 and I got no sound from the download."
->
You may have AC3 installed incorrectly... try removing it (if you have it installed) and trying the guide at:
http://www.lunaranime.org/WMV9_AC3Support.txt
I'm sure you'll enjoy it if you can get it working =)
If not, we're also releasing non-wmv/ac3 versions as I stated previously, so you could try those too =)
Well thank you for that suggestion, but I tried it in all 4 different players, Divx, BS, Windows and Fusion and they usually don't give me problems. One out of the four had to work, but sady didn't. Is that non-wmv verion 2? That was the one I tried. Any ways I'll try to stick to sugar-cane. But I'll try yours on eps 11, if it is not wmv that is. But thats for the link any ways.
Old 2004-01-15, 02:02   Link #289
Paiser

S-C has best Maburaho subs just yet. No body actually can compair with you guys. Best font. Also when they(other fansubs groups) try to do English Maburaho "Maburaho" it looks ugly.... They're font looks ugly... ewww.....

12's out blah... 11 out blah.... I personally think that the episodes are getting worse and worse seen ep 9 and 10 JUST BLAH it was great till ep 9 and 10....

Honestly everyone thought 8 was pointless? About neckless? Wut about 9 and 10... no meaning at all... It use to be my favorite too.... disapointin, very. This serious has to get better. If it continues like this rating should go down... down
Old 2004-01-15, 08:25   Link #290
Lucier
Lunar Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paiser
S-C has best Maburaho subs just yet. No body actually can compair with you guys. Best font. Also when they(other fansubs groups) try to do English Maburaho "Maburaho" it looks ugly.... They're font looks ugly... ewww.....

12's out blah... 11 out blah.... I personally think that the episodes are getting worse and worse seen ep 9 and 10 JUST BLAH it was great till ep 9 and 10....

Honestly everyone thought 8 was pointless? About neckless? Wut about 9 and 10... no meaning at all... It use to be my favorite too.... disapointin, very. This serious has to get better. If it continues like this rating should go down... down
then watch ep 12... hehe
it's probably what you want =P
Old 2004-01-15, 14:53   Link #291
Mirror_ID

Episode 11 was quite good, IIRC. And I would have loved ep 12 (for once) if there wasn't the extra 2 minutes -after- the ED. oh well

--Mirror_ID
#Sugar-Cube@irc.mircx.com
Old 2004-01-15, 15:35   Link #292
RebootEDC
Kiero mi Hanime Gratix™

Send a message via MSN to RebootEDC Send a message via Yahoo to RebootEDC
I was getting impatient about the newer eps !! Thanx guys !!!! ^^
But please... Why do you keep on coding with WMV ?? Please, please, please... I beg.... I hope you encoded with DivX or Xvid... ^^U
But thanx for continuing the series !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^^

Proudly enjoying Hanime Gratix™ since 2003
Old 2004-01-15, 15:39   Link #293
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebootEDC
I was getting impatient about the newer eps !! Thanx guys !!!! ^^
But please... Why do you keep on coding with WMV ?? Please, please, please... I beg.... I hope you encoded with DivX or Xvid... ^^U
But thanx for continuing the series !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^^
I was told that Lunar are making 2 versions of their Maburaho releases. 1 WMV9/AC3 and the other Xvid/MP3
Old 2004-01-15, 15:52   Link #294
Lucier
Lunar Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
I was told that Lunar are making 2 versions of their Maburaho releases. 1 WMV9/AC3 and the other Xvid/MP3
Yep, and they're out now....
Old 2004-01-15, 16:04   Link #295
RebootEDC
Kiero mi Hanime Gratix™

Send a message via MSN to RebootEDC Send a message via Yahoo to RebootEDC
Quote:
uhoh.... yeah... I've just reloaded Animesuki's home and I've seen them !!! ^^ (I'm even happier now !!!!!!!!!!)

Proudly enjoying Hanime Gratix™ since 2003
Old 2004-01-15, 16:39   Link #296
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Can't wait till Lunar releases ep.11&12 in a matter of days. ^_^
Old 2004-01-15, 17:26   Link #297
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebootEDC
uhoh.... yeah... I've just reloaded Animesuki's home and I've seen them !!! ^^ (I'm even happier now !!!!!!!!!!)
That made me very happy...WMP9 for OS X wouldn't play the WMV9 version at all (as usual, the version number may be the same, but they cut a lot out of the Mac version). The Xvid one played back like a charm though--I'm really glad Lunar was thoughtful enough to do an Xvid encode too.
Old 2004-01-15, 20:31   Link #298
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Yeah I can't wait for Lunar 11 and 12 either. I'm d/led A4L 11 right now because I just can't wait any longer, but there is one seed and about 1192 leechers
Old 2004-01-15, 23:58   Link #299
brightman
Ancient Member

Hmm... For some reason I am getting some horrendous crashes with A4L's Ep 11... I guess I'll wait until someone else releases it...
Old 2004-01-16, 00:42   Link #300
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Yes, for some reason A4L's encode seems to need a lot of CPU for some reason, which may cause crashes on some computers. I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that it is trying to use DirectVobSub for the subtitles in the opening part? Or perhaps a bad Xvid setting? Hard to say what the problem is exactly but, needless to say, you can tell they're still new at this.

That being said, the episode itself is pretty good, and introduces a new element to the overall plot... I'm curious to see how far they're going to go with this...
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, fantasy, harem, shounen