Well, its finally over.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 18:18   Link #1144
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1cious
ending didn't resolve a whole lot, did it? but i guess they wrapped it up the best could at this point, which isn't saying much.

seemed like there was a lot of holes.
Spoiler:

unless they make some kind of OAV, this ending seems kinda empty.
Spoiler for Nathan & Lulu:

I thought this ending wrapped up quite a lot. Yes, there are a few loose ends, but nothing to lose sleep over... they left enough things to create OVAs or a movie out of. ^_~
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 19:07   Link #1145
kei25

A picture from the site of the character design..
http://www.interq.or.jp/ol/chizu/illust/top025.jpg

------------------
Hagi lost his left hand this time... so even when he recovers, he's gonna have both hands in chiropter form....
kei25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 19:48   Link #1146
gianna
gigi

Wow It's been almost one whole year... I feel old haha
Well I haven't been able to keep up with the show actually - but I pretty much know everything that happened

Last episode looks good though! They realllllly waited for the Hagi/Saya scene but I'm glad it finally happened TT__TT
Yeah they really did leave it open for more later on but it would be fine for this episode to be the complete end
gianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 21:52   Link #1147
ThisIsDream

I thoght there should be 51 Episodes?
ThisIsDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 21:57   Link #1148
Edetto

Well, I was hoping for a little more out of the ending but overall it cleared quite a bit up. They left quite a bit of room for an OAV, movie or sequel. The biggest things I'd like to see or have questions about are-

Spoiler:

Edit: Didn't notice the post above, it was actually signed originally for 52 episodes but I'm not sure what ended up happening to that quota.
Edetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 00:26   Link #1149
OshadowO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edetto
Well, I was hoping for a little more out of the ending but overall it cleared quite a bit up. They left quite a bit of room for an OAV, movie or sequel. The biggest things I'd like to see or have questions about are-

Spoiler:

Edit: Didn't notice the post above, it was actually signed originally for 52 episodes but I'm not sure what ended up happening to that quota.
maybe they'll do a DVD special or something?
OshadowO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 00:57   Link #1150
solomon

basic rundown

Hey, newbie here. Anyways i went through the entire saga of Saya and the gang up to 49, and it seemed good but not great like say FMA was. I havent seen the final episode yet, hopefully we'll get some decent animation in the finale. Basically, it seemed like there were some hiccups in the storyline toward the final quarter of the show, some things about the chevaliers (especially Nathan and James) still seem too ambigious. There were many great elements of the story that could have been taken in a lot of cool directions, like delving into the characteristics of the Cheveliars and saya's deep past some more but i think the Schiff took too much time away from the more interesting members of the cast. Oh and on another note, i had browsed through some japanese blogs and if what i see is true then B+'s ratings were much more soft then it's predecessors in the "Doroku" timeslot, anyone heard otherwise?
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 01:22   Link #1151
sontoloyo

Well, in my opinion, i actually very satisfied with this series&end, hopefuly there is a folow up afterward, i actually want to see sayaxhagi again>_<
sontoloyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 01:31   Link #1152
sontoloyo

Well, in my opinion, i actually very satisfied with this series&end, hopefuly there is a folow up afterward, i actually want to see sayaxhagi again>_<
Old 2006-09-24, 01:40   Link #1153
sontoloyo

Sorry for the double post 0_0, well yeah if you compare to the 2 predecessors in that time slot, but blood+ itself is quite popular in japan actually, at least from what i saw in newtype&others(for a new anime to make it to one of best100 anime with votes tken across the nation), i think that it's not bad at all although is still less compare to the popularity of FMA&GSD
Old 2006-09-24, 02:37   Link #1154
solomon

well, i think it was fair. For a better way of saying it, if i were in japan (and had the language proficency) id watch it every saturday on MBS. I wouldnt buy it though. The series had a strong streak of quality from around eps 15-33. There was a wealth of interesing story plots being revealed and character dynamics being expanded and evolved. For the last quarter, i think that the fast forward to one year later was a tad abrupt. The premise was a bit of a unique spin on the vampire mythos and could have yielded some more interesting development of say, the chevaliers. That was always one of the most interesting aspects of the shows mythos. Understanding the wierd balance between their human side and the more primal chiropterian side would make people like Amshel and Nathan a lot more interesting as characters IMHO. it would add more wieght to saya's struggle to hang on to her humanity and solomon's overcoming of his immediate insticnts to find affection for saya. (Plus was I the only one who thought that Diva's emotional weep for a family in 49 was left field? It seemed just obtuse compared to her mere murderous, selfish, psycho side we saw for the most of the shows run, i could be wrong but it seemed like a stretch) I wonder how the manga side stories are, the one focusing on Saya and Hagi in Russia looked pretty interesting. Sorry for the long rant, just thought i should be thurough. Anyways, ill shutup until i see the final chapter.
Old 2006-09-24, 03:27   Link #1155
jtrog

As ep. 50 goes. Im happy. Pretty much all the way through all ep.s the voice actors did a great job being believeable for what we saw.

In ep. 50 I noticed the one reporter looked sorta like someone...

Im happy.
jtrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 04:04   Link #1156
solomon

saw 50, i agree it was nice. Given my beef with the story it was unreasonable for them to go anywhere else then how they did in the final ep. The drawings and animation were as good as the first ep along with the backgrounds. The music seemed real fitting here too (even though its bassically Mark's same track we have heard for forever). Like how they used Kagiritsuku koto for the ending here. All in all nice final ep to a decent series, i hope someone licences the manga side stories, they could be fun compliments. Well, anyways, in two weeks on to Ayashi!
Old 2006-09-24, 04:11   Link #1157
Valaurwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuchan
Anschel certainly looks like the last boss in his beast form. Is he the ugly mofo that Saya is fighting in the OP? And it's so surprising that i felt a bit sorry for Diva, especially seeing that pic of her babies. Damn you I.G. But what she did to Riku far is still the saddest event in the series.

Honestly although that was a terribly sad event you can't hate Diva for it. The whole point is that Diva does not understand compassion ro empathy. She was treated worse than an animal and locked in a secluded, cold jailcell from her infancy until she was 15 years old and given nothing but scraps to eat and rags to wear..... And of course Amshel did nothing to help her. I mean when one is raised that way their sense of compassion is never allowed to develop. At the end we see Diva's true saddness. The fact that she was never given the chance to know what it's like to be loved and cared for. As she said after Saya released her people just knelt down to her and she couldn't fully understand why, but she finally had her babies who she would be able to care for and lavish with the affection that she was always deprived of. Diva is the unwilling antagonist. She never meant to be "evil" or "selfish", she just couldn't help it since she was used as a puppet for most of her life. Her taking of Riku is just a tragic example of her inability to understand compassion and self-lessness. I felt so bad for Diva at the end. It was like she always had the significantly shorter end of the stick.

Personally, I blame the entire thing on Joel. If only he had treated Diva the way he treated Saya and perhaps raised them together as sisters should be then none of what happened would have happened (but of course then there would be no drama lol). I mean, really though, what was the point of locking her away like that anyway? He might as well had just raised them up together.... Meh....

Anywho, I only have two questions...:

1) Does anyone else think that Haji isn't actually dead? Maybe I'm just being overly-hopeful... but I don't think he's gone.

2) Does anyone know anything about the second series of Blood+? Because the damn thing is obviously not over yet.... It can't be. Too much is left open.
a- There are still chiroptera hidden throughout the world probably.
b- Haji can't be dead... I hope. The story definitely can not go on without him!!!
c- The babies... are still babies.... (And if I'm not mistaken, in the earlier part of the series, the opening and closing song animations showed two little girls running around together through some street or something - obviously they're Saya's nieces - so isn't that sort of hinting at more Blood+ on the way?)
d- Saya has just gone into another 30 year freaking sleep....
e- Nathan is back and very alive... and OBVIOUSLY he is some form of superior chiropteran since he was able to somehow survive Saya's destruction.... He also hinted at the fact that he was around even before Saya and Diva were conceived and that he somehow knew "the mummy", Saya and Diva's mother (btw why do you guys think she died in chiropteran form?)

My apologies if any of this is at all redundant.
Valaurwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 04:21   Link #1158
Valaurwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon
well, i think it was fair. For a better way of saying it, if i were in japan (and had the language proficency) id watch it every saturday on MBS. I wouldnt buy it though. The series had a strong streak of quality from around eps 15-33. There was a wealth of interesing story plots being revealed and character dynamics being expanded and evolved. For the last quarter, i think that the fast forward to one year later was a tad abrupt. The premise was a bit of a unique spin on the vampire mythos and could have yielded some more interesting development of say, the chevaliers. That was always one of the most interesting aspects of the shows mythos. Understanding the wierd balance between their human side and the more primal chiropterian side would make people like Amshel and Nathan a lot more interesting as characters IMHO. it would add more wieght to saya's struggle to hang on to her humanity and solomon's overcoming of his immediate insticnts to find affection for saya. (Plus was I the only one who thought that Diva's emotional weep for a family in 49 was left field? It seemed just obtuse compared to her mere murderous, selfish, psycho side we saw for the most of the shows run, i could be wrong but it seemed like a stretch) I wonder how the manga side stories are, the one focusing on Saya and Hagi in Russia looked pretty interesting. Sorry for the long rant, just thought i should be thurough. Anyways, ill shutup until i see the final chapter.
btw I don't think that Diva's grief over having a family was a stretch at all. It was hinted at all throughout the series that that was what she wanted. Even at the beginning she wanted to be Saya's sister rather than her enemy. But tht thing is that she didn't understand how to gain Saya's affections.

Plus, I'd say that Saya is the mroe violent and murderous one. She leaves of trail of manslaughter everywhere she goes. Diva has yet to kill anyone aside from Riku. All of those people that were killed by the chiroptera at Diva's concerts died because Amshel planned it, not Diva. She was just an idle puppet with an enchanting voice and confused emotions. Blah blah blech.... Sorry for more rambling. lol
Valaurwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 04:37   Link #1159
wao
OK.

Blood+'s ratings are a lot lower than its predecessors. Which is expected (it's pretty much an original story) but considering the amount of advertising and commercial tie-ups it's had, it should've done better - on some occasions, some late-night anime do better too...

Here is one comparison I just nicked off a 2ch thread quickly (i.e. I haven't checked it's validity, but I guess it's probably true)

Let's hope it doesn't get borked up. Left to right: SEED, FMA, Destiny, Blood+. I'm sure you can understand what the numbers stand for.

放送回…種   鋼  種死  血+
第01回…6.6% 5.9% 8.2%  5.4%
第02回…6.7% 5.6% 4.6%  4.1%
第03回…5.9% 3.7% 4.9%  4.0%
第04回…6.9% 6.8% 7.8%  4.2%
第05回…5.6% 6.7% 5.8%  3.6%
第06回…7.2% 6.0% 4.8%  4.7%
第07回…6.1% 6.8% 5.6%  4.0%
第08回…6.4% 5.9% 4.4%  3.6%
第09回…6.5% 7.0% 6.6%  4.9%
第10回…6.2% 6.1% 4.3%  3.5%
第11回…5.6% 6.7% 4.6%  3.8%
第12回…5.6% 6.5% 4.9%  3.3%
第13回…6.4% 6.6% 5.4%  3.4%
第14回…4.9% 7.1% 5.5%  3.6%
第15回…6.2% 7.8% 5.8%  2.7%
第16回…6.5% 6.5% 4.3%  3.3%
第17回…6.8% 8.2% 3.9%  3.1%
第18回…6.3% 7.1% 5.7%  3.2%
第19回…6.6% 8.0% 4.3%  3.0%
第20回…5.7% 7.4% 4.4%  2.6%
第21回…6.1% 8.4% 5.4%  2.6%
第22回…6.6% 7.5% 5.0%  2.7%
第23回…6.2% 5.9% 6.0%  3.3%
第24回…5.8% 7.6% 5.3%  2.3%
第25回…5.9% 6.5% 4.8%  2.6%
第26回…5.3% 4.2% 4.4%  3.2%
第27回…5.4% 5.4% 4.7%  2.2%
第28回…6.0% 6.5% 5.0%  3.6%
第29回…5.1% 5.5% 5.6%  2.7%
第30回…4.6% 6.5% 6.1%  3.1%
第31回…5.7% 5.9% 4.3%  3.2%
第32回…6.0% 6.6% 4.5%  2.9%
第33回…6.3% 5.5% 4.5%  3.7%
第34回…7.6% 4.7% 6.3%  2.6%
第35回…6.2% 6.3% 5.0%  3.2%
第36回…6.5% 4.7% 6.0%  3.4%
第37回…4.8% 5.2% 4.3%  3.1%
第38回…5.8% 4.5% 5.4%  3.0%
第39回…7.0% 5.6% 5.3%  3.1%
第40回…5.9% 4.6% 5.4%  1.8%
第41回…5.5% 5.7% 4.7%  2.7%
第42回…6.1% 4.0% 4.8%  2.6%
第43回…6.6% 5.1% 5.1%  1.9%
第44回…6.9% 4.6% 6.9%  2.7%
第45回…6.0% 5.9% 7.8%  2.6%
第46回…6.1% 4.9% 5.4%  2.3%
第47回…5.6% 5.5% 5.3% 2.6%
第48回…6.0% 5.3% 6.3% 3.0%
Old 2006-09-24, 05:44   Link #1160
TEKO425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valaurwen
Plus, I'd say that Saya is the mroe violent and murderous one. She leaves of trail of manslaughter everywhere she goes. Diva has yet to kill anyone aside from Riku. All of those people that were killed by the chiroptera at Diva's concerts died because Amshel planned it, not Diva. She was just an idle puppet with an enchanting voice and confused emotions. Blah blah blech.... Sorry for more rambling. lol
Are you sure Diva hasn't killed anyone aside from Riku? What about all the people at the Zoo and Red Shield HQ that she killed? She seemed to have a disrergard for life in both those cases. Just wanted to set the facts straight about Diva not killing anyone besides Riku, which is not true. The only time that Saya "left a trail of manslaughter" was in Vietnam and that wasn't her fault at all. It was because Red Shield tried to wake Saya up early from her sleep by injecting her with Haji's blood which resulted in a violent reaction. Also, don't forget the humans that Diva snacks on on the side...she doesn't do blood transfusions like Saya!

Last edited by TEKO425; 2006-09-24 at 06:18.
TEKO425 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, supernatural