AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-09-24, 10:50   Link #1161
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valaurwen
e- Nathan is back and very alive... and OBVIOUSLY he is some form of superior chiropteran since he was able to somehow survive Saya's destruction.... He also hinted at the fact that he was around even before Saya and Diva were conceived and that he somehow knew "the mummy", Saya and Diva's mother (btw why do you guys think she died in chiropteran form?)
Perhaps he was not Diva and Saya's mother's chiropteran, but was the other queen's chiropteran and their father. He faked his death knowing that it was the best way to insure that his grandaughters would live and be raised the way that Diva and Saya should have been raised.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 11:31   Link #1162
Kurono
Jounin

Send a message via ICQ to Kurono
Or his special ability might be illusion.
Kurono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 13:18   Link #1163
kauldron26
Med Student

wow... so blood+ is finally over... what a trully amazing ride. I shall really miss those ridiculously sexy lips of saya.

So what do you guys give the show on a scale of 10??

i give it a 9
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 13:48   Link #1164
v1cious

i'd say a 7. i love the rest, but the last arc really killed it for me.
v1cious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 14:06   Link #1165
Mangaka-chan

I thought Blood+ was suppose to be 52 episode, but I was rather surprised when I came back from vacation and saw it only goes up to 50. :\ Guess we'll have to wait and see if there's more.

Over all I thought Blood+ was pretty good, with mostly consistent animation (as far as my memories can tell) and good music but I thought the story kinda dropped off after the France arc, most notibly I found Saya's personality from that time onward to be stagnant.

She sort of EMOed through that part and I don't like angsty heroes who don't develope as characters. As for the other characters, Kai really went through a loop and a half but still managed to remain himself in a way at the end. And as for Haji, well, I still wished he was less stone faced but the last episode sort of redeemed that.

In all I think I'd give Blood+ an 8/10; it was fun but it could be better
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 14:26   Link #1166
solomon

hmm anyone think it could be american tv material?
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 16:13   Link #1167
chrno_the_sinner

I can definitely see an OVA or something happening to close up some plot holes, like the one-legged girl, Nathan, and Lulu.
chrno_the_sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 16:26   Link #1168
Mizkyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon
hmm anyone think it could be american tv material?
Well, it's already been licensed, so someone must think so.
Mizkyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 17:19   Link #1169
rondo

Spoiler:
rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 18:38   Link #1170
Jordus

Blood +: A waste of God Given time and talent.

Blood+ is the sorriest excuse for an anime since Fushigi Yuugi. Not only does it drag on with a story that must have been written by an elementary school child, it completely degrades the greatness of vampires. If I was a part of the studio that produced this I would be ashamed enough to commit seppuku. Kami-sama help us all if studios keep producing this random garbage.

-Jordus
God, King, and Everything.
Old 2006-09-24, 20:01   Link #1171
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordus
Blood+ is the sorriest excuse for an anime since Fushigi Yuugi. Not only does it drag on with a story that must have been written by an elementary school child, it completely degrades the greatness of vampires. If I was a part of the studio that produced this I would be ashamed enough to commit seppuku. Kami-sama help us all if studios keep producing this random garbage.

-Jordus
God, King, and Everything.
Eh no it does not degrade vampires it just takes a different they aren't mystical reanimated corpses just a type genetic variant on earth.
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 20:54   Link #1172
yuchan

Well, i liked the series. It had it's slow spots but after Riku's death it got better to me. My major complaint was that Saya is one of the weakest protagonists i've seen in a while. I'm talking about character wise. There didn't seem to be much to her. I found her boring and couldn't really pin a personality on her. But i still liked the show and was satisfied with the ending.
yuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 21:32   Link #1173
zeth06

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime
Perhaps he was not Diva and Saya's mother's chiropteran, but was the other queen's chiropteran and their father. He faked his death knowing that it was the best way to insure that his grandaughters would live and be raised the way that Diva and Saya should have been raised.

***NOTE***

People have been wondering whether he is a "superior" chevalier and whether this allowed him to survive Saya's attack.

The answer is NO. He most likely was either one of Saya's and Diva's mother's chevaliers and/or her MATE. In such a case, Saya's blood wasn't likely to have any effect on Nathan...making Nathan utterly invincible except against decapitation or burning.

But we never saw Nathan's abilities. The way he seems to command a certain amount of respect and authority overall would hint that he's one of the more dominant and more powerful of the chevaliers overall. His powers could have rivaled those of Amshel's. But for now, assume that as an inquisitive reporter, he may just stay in the background...
zeth06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 22:13   Link #1174
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
One hell of a ride

Spoiler for Episode 50:
Old 2006-09-24, 22:48   Link #1175
solomon

well, heres hoping IG does do something, i liked it enough to see a little bit more. I guess it all depends on weither they deemed it sucessful or not. Characters and show placed high in magazine polls but it seems like more of a cult show more than Seed was. Plus like i read ealier in Japanese BBS posts, ratings were supposedly middling. Both Seeds and FMA were around 6% for an average (this i confirmed with newtype), B+ apparently got only half that so it all depends, i guess, could be wrong. I think it's prime adult swim material actually, if they got it it'd be fun to watch it again in english (provided the dub is good though).
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 23:31   Link #1176
jtrog

1) Does anyone else think that Haji isn't actually dead? Maybe I'm just being overly-hopeful... but I don't think he's gone.

2) Does anyone know anything about the second series of Blood+? Because the damn thing is obviously not over yet.... It can't be. Too much is left open.
a- There are still chiroptera hidden throughout the world probably.
b- Haji can't be dead... I hope. The story definitely can not go on without him!!!

about this part. YOU NEED to watch the whole show. you didnt finish watching all of EP. 50. (pssst watch and listen to the EndingSong and watch till it stops)
jtrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 23:40   Link #1177
mycen

The most intriguing character in this series got to be Nathan. He always seems so care-free and the least blood thirsty among Diva's chevailers. He could have even orginated beyond Saya/diva's moom generation, serving as the offical lore-keeper for all things pertaining to their kind. If they ever create an OVA, I hope they include more information on Nathan Maler.

Overall, I rate this series a 5 out of 10 due to amerturish story-writing, bad character development, plot inconsistencies and at times poor animation. What a waste of potential for an original storyline!

Last edited by mycen; 2006-09-24 at 23:56.
mycen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 00:43   Link #1178
kauldron26
Med Student

all in all regardless of wut some ignorant pricks who expect a story to play exactly as they hope or want, it was a great ride and i loved it.
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 00:52   Link #1179
Eskay

Spoiler:
Eskay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 02:03   Link #1180
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrog
1) Does anyone else think that Haji isn't actually dead? Maybe I'm just being overly-hopeful... but I don't think he's gone.

2) Does anyone know anything about the second series of Blood+? Because the damn thing is obviously not over yet.... It can't be. Too much is left open.
a- There are still chiroptera hidden throughout the world probably.
b- Haji can't be dead... I hope. The story definitely can not go on without him!!!

about this part. YOU NEED to watch the whole show. you didnt finish watching all of EP. 50. (pssst watch and listen to the EndingSong and watch till it stops)
Well, if you remember the last minutes of ep 50, you see a rose with blue ribbon. Kai said "he finally came", so yeah it was Haji, the blue ribbon was fixing his hair...So still alive ^^"
He's the only one who can stay by Saya's side, each time she woke up. He does not age, so it's kinda logical he's still alive.
Besides, Chevalier can be killed only by "blood" : injury, shots, etc don't have any effect.
hitokirigirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, supernatural