Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-28, 18:21   Link #1
SinsI

School anime without school uniforms

Seifuku, school mizuki, buruma...
Lots and lots of normal schools in Japan have no strict uniform regulations, but only a teensy bit of their anime counterparts abstain from abusing them (I know, I know - it really reduces the strain on the animators).
I can remember only two school anime practically without them - Onii-sama E and Gakuen Senki Muryou, and I want to find some more of this rare kind of shows. Please, help me.
Old 2006-09-28, 19:32   Link #2
mit7059

Well Honey & Clover takes place in college, and they'res no uniform there, thats about all I can think of.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
Old 2006-09-28, 19:58   Link #3
SinsI

Art college is not a high school, it's university level of education. Those guys are too old to wear seifuku
What I'm looking for is a school anime.
Old 2006-09-28, 20:11   Link #4
jedinat

School does not specifically mean high school you know... but you did give that impression.

I'm thinking that one of the primary appeals of high school anime is the school uniforms ^^, I can't think of any without them.
Old 2006-09-28, 20:12   Link #5
mit7059

sorry, I don't know all the words, but college is school and you never specified high school, I went through my entire collection and Honey & Clover was the only anime I had with any relation to any sort of school without a uniform, and I think a big part of the reason why they all wear uniforms is for ecchi-ness as well, not just the strain on the animators, cuz who gives a flying F**K about them anyway ;)

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
Old 2006-09-28, 21:07   Link #6
SinsI

Quote:
School does not specifically mean high school you know... but you did give that impression.
Anime also gives that impression

The word "college" is used differently in various countries. Sometimes it is a school(USA), but in the case of Honey & Clover it is definitely an art university(daigakuen).

As a school anime I meant an anime about something there kids go and learn, mainly teenagers, but of course not a seinen(Edit: correction, it is josei. Not that it matters) anime about the life of 18+ y.o. adults. Let's place an upper age limit at high school; elementary and middle schools are also OK, but no universities, please.

Last edited by SinsI; 2006-09-29 at 15:29.
Old 2006-09-28, 22:13   Link #7
DanielSong39

Ranma doesn't wear a uniform in Ranma 1/2, but I suppose that doesn't count.
Old 2006-09-29, 05:35   Link #8
miaka

akazukin chacha
kodomo omocha
okusama wa mahou shoujo - Cruje's school don't wear uniform.
chibi maruko-chan
Hell Teacher Nube
Old 2006-09-29, 06:19   Link #9
nemoleo
Uruz-7

Tell me if I'm wrong, but I think that kids in Loveless don't wear any kind of uniform.
Well, also in NHK ni Youkoso, students in Yamazaki's school doesn't have to wear an uniform (looks like a private school/institute, that could explain this fact), but the anime in not really centered on this school.
Old 2006-09-29, 13:51   Link #10
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
students in Yamazaki's school doesn't have to wear an uniform
Yeah, but that's like the case of Honey and Clover - it's a college/institute, not a school like the poster said.

P.S. And since when is Honey and Clover a seinen series...

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Old 2006-09-29, 22:27   Link #11
SinsI

Quote:
kodomo omocha
Thanks for this one, it prefectly fits the requirements.
Quote:
okusama wa mahou shoujo
wow, I didn't notice at all... It's doesn't have that much of a "school anime"(must be the main reason why they were able to pull it through), but they really don't have a uniform. Thanks.
Quote:
Chibi Maruko-chan
Didn't see this one, and don't think I will (with only two episodes subbed, and with the chinese sound to boot), but those clothes on the cover looks like a uniform to me.
Quote:
Hell Teacher Nube
And this thing is also unavailable. I'll have to re-check the manga.
Quote:
Akazukin Chacha
Didn't see this one either. Do they really have a school there?
Quote:
Loveless
No uniforms here. But yaoi.... not my kind of show.
Old 2006-09-30, 10:28   Link #12
miaka

In akazukin chacha, they do have school and its magic school. The first arc, is more concentrated in school and later arc is more on adventure.
Old 2006-09-30, 11:35   Link #13
JarOfMayo

About Chibi Maruko...

Pretty sure they don't use uniforms at all. The only required wear or stuff they use universally is the little yellow hat you sometimes see... Besides that its non-uniform. The only exception (and I guess maybe a point of confusion perhaps) is when its time for P.E. and everyone wears the PE clothes.
Old 2007-01-19, 10:54   Link #14
SinsI

One more anime I've found there students doesn't wear uniforms is Stop! Hibari-kun - one of the first comedies about traps. Funny how main protagonist eagerily gets rid of his uniform at the first mention of this school rule.

BTW, I'm still looking for more - any other suggestions are welcome.
Old 2007-01-19, 11:32   Link #15
ThoHell

LOL, you know what? When we think of school anime, we usually think of school uniforms. Come on that's what we've grown to epxect and some like. But yeah I really can't think of any besides Honey and Clover and maybe some other university level school animes.
Old 2007-01-19, 12:13   Link #16
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Kyou no Go no Ni is set in an elementary school with no uniforms and incidentally is funny as hell. Shame it's only two episodes though. There is more on the way soon though, so it's not all bad
Old 2007-01-19, 19:15   Link #17
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

I'm talking purely out of experience from anime here, but I'm pretty sure elementary school students don't wear school uniforms, while middle and high school students do. Most of the suggestions in this thread involve elementary schools, which is why they don't have uniform.

The big challenge would be finding anime with middle and high school students that don't have to wear uniforms. I'm not sure there is such a thing. If there is, I either haven't seen it or can't remember it.
Old 2007-01-19, 19:55   Link #18
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

Jungle wa itsumo hale nochi guu - school is not the main focus but it is a part of it, but anyways it's a really funny/crazy/twisted anime
Old 2007-01-20, 21:16   Link #19
chaoz
I see all and pwn all

Genshiken - set in college about otakus
Old 2007-01-20, 21:32   Link #20
SinsI

xxanimefan4_ever, Radiosity - thanks.
chaoz, I have already mentioned that I'm not interested in universities - of course they don't have a uniform.
Closed Thread