AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-09-29, 09:45   Link #101
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax
Yes, Kabuto doesn't think up of a million plans and backup plans like Shiki for any situation; however he does think up of a solid strategy on the move when he feels like it (which really doesn't happen much in the series due to his cockiness).
Like I said... not for any situation but still heads above the others.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 11:01   Link #102
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikko_s
I love the look on Shika's face when Hidan's head talks. Face just says "ah crap we gotta go through all that again?" Well, at least they bought themselves a little time for the reinforcements to come. I figure that whole sequence took about a minute. So perhaps maybe they can run around for another 8 or 9.

Thanks for that post. Actually, shika hardly looks shocked, rather tired from doing that. It points out that in the 200 possibilities he can look at, this was one, and he already has something set up for the next move.

Remember, his first moves always set up for the final checkmate. I doubt this fight will be any different.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 11:26   Link #103
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauthi
Thanks for that post. Actually, shika hardly looks shocked, rather tired from doing that. It points out that in the 200 possibilities he can look at, this was one, and he already has something set up for the next move.

Remember, his first moves always set up for the final checkmate. I doubt this fight will be any different.
So you believe he has already counted in for Hidan losing his head and still being alive?

I donīt like what happened in this chapter. If you lose your head your freakinī dead.

Booooooooooh!

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 12:27   Link #104
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope
So you believe he has already counted in for Hidan losing his head and still being alive?

I donīt like what happened in this chapter. If you lose your head your freakinī dead.

Booooooooooh!
And what about Oro getting out from his own mouth LOL
When Oro did that i remembered there was such a move in dragon ball, when Goku defeated the old green evil guy, before he died he spit out an egg, kind of a rebirth move. Artists borrow much from each other, it makes their art better.
I wonder if the akatsuki leader is like the leader in Hunter x Hunter, one that can use all of the jutsu of others (even the bloodline based). He had that jutsu where Itachi and Kisame had perfect fake-bodies. Also i think the 4 tags which produced nearly perfect copies of team-Gai was his jutsu, it was too strong of a sealing jutsu to be by any other than the leader. Or at least that jutsu fits him perfectly. So if he could make perfect clones of Itachi and Neji, which had bloodlines, then maybe he is able to do all that.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 13:36   Link #105
DAmer
Hokage

Does kakuzu know about Hidans weaknesses and secrets? cuz he keep saying if you let your guard down you will die... he wasnt shocked to see Hidans head start talking after it got chopped off, so i guess he is aware of Hidans weakness if he has kept saying you will die if you let your guard down.
DAmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 14:18   Link #106
Aines

Didn't like this living head thing.

Akatsuki is overpowered and their invicibility is getting boring...
Aines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 14:45   Link #107
Wrath of the Uchiha

Quote:
Hey there! Dont flame Yondaime Hokage because of this "Yellow Flash" dude...mocking the 4th is what he really wants...
I didn't...really...promise

Yondie is one of my favourite chars, I believe him to be the strongest shown uptil now and giving up his life to seal the most powerful demon in the Narutoverse :eek

I just wanted to make a point similar to your point -

Quote:
IF Shika's jutsu is cowardly then:
Wrath of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 15:02   Link #108
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Send a message via ICQ to Rich Send a message via MSN to Rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope

Booooooooooh!

i totally agree.... it's kinda stupid that Hidan can still be alive when his head just got lopped off.... I wonder where he gets his O2 to his freakin brain. Kishi should be more original. it's true that it's kinda boring that almost every single member is either invulernable or insanely uber strong. well other than Kisame :P
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 15:23   Link #109
Syaoran
Inactive Member

I've added my summary. Better late than never, but I didn't have time to do it before. As for drawing, I left my stuff in Leuven, so that's probably none or I should find some other pencils and gums at home.
Well, looks like I'll work harder than I ever did at IBM from now on. And I really mean working... I've been busy doing Japanese homework & summarizing economics from 4pm till past 11pm when Naruto 325 got released, which is a fair estimation of the workload I'll have from now on.

It's not very likely that I'll be able to add summaries on the release day. If you don't mind, I'll add them Friday evening or Saturday. If you do mind, I invite you to help me out and write a summary or make an illustration.

Thanks for your attention ^^'
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 15:35   Link #110
yamato_D
Nazo no Tenshi

wait, so is kakuzu still near the other guys, or has he left? it's a bit unclear where exactly he is. plus there are people that are saying he took hidan's head for a bounty, and others that say just for convenience. which is it?
yamato_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 15:39   Link #111
tatami
back in black

i dont think kakuzu would let go of that small fortune as he said...
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 17:04   Link #112
Wrath of the Uchiha

Quote:
wait, so is kakuzu still near the other guys, or has he left? it's a bit unclear where exactly he is. plus there are people that are saying he took hidan's head for a bounty, and others that say just for convenience. which is it?
It's Kakuzu's time to shine, see the morning light shining brightly behind him? ;O
Wrath of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 17:10   Link #113
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:

We know he's shocked because the "!!" bubble is coming from him as well. I don't think Shika expected Hidan to be able to recover from decapitation.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 18:26   Link #114
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
We know he's shocked because the "!!" bubble is coming from him as well. I don't think Shika expected Hidan to be able to recover from decapitation.
His first move is always related to his 2nd, 3rd, 4th and final move. I seriously doubt this is any different. He seemed suprised in every other fight, then at the end we find out he anticipated it as usual. It's called suspense ^^
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 18:44   Link #115
freakabcd

Quote:
His first move is always related to his 2nd, 3rd, 4th and final move. I seriously doubt this is any different. He seemed suprised in every other fight, then at the end we find out he anticipated it as usual. It's called suspense ^^
I really do believe that Shika didn't expect Hidan to be a talking head by now.

Also, about the Shika 'hate' going around in this thread:
I think it is mostly attributed to him being extremely lazy _and_ extremely intelligent. I also think people will have more respect for Shikamaru _if_ Kishi ever shows him do actual training and working hard during such training.

So either he is an average ninja with _only_ an exceptional brain/mind/whatever OR he is a strong ninja with an above average mind/brain/whatever. <-- That should keep (more than the current number) people happy.

This is what I believe: Just with his jutsu he can take out strong-er opponents _without_ pushing his brain to work at its limit. Heck he can even hold an Akatsuki member down with the shadow bind!

last note: Did they ever show his dad teach him the new neck-technique? and did we ever see him practice that? or even mention that he did practice?
freakabcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 19:42   Link #116
gibits
Endless

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakabcd
I really do believe that Shika didn't expect Hidan to be a talking head by now.

Also, about the Shika 'hate' going around in this thread:
I think it is mostly attributed to him being extremely lazy _and_ extremely intelligent. I also think people will have more respect for Shikamaru _if_ Kishi ever shows him do actual training and working hard during such training.

So either he is an average ninja with _only_ an exceptional brain/mind/whatever OR he is a strong ninja with an above average mind/brain/whatever. <-- That should keep (more than the current number) people happy.

This is what I believe: Just with his jutsu he can take out strong-er opponents _without_ pushing his brain to work at its limit. Heck he can even hold an Akatsuki member down with the shadow bind!

last note: Did they ever show his dad teach him the new neck-technique? and did we ever see him practice that? or even mention that he did practice?
Well his jutsu, is extremely redundant and weak. If he had more chakra to tie people's necks then he could kill his oppenents, but if he can't (yet see it work) he's reliant on others to finsh off the opponent. So no i don't agree with you when you say his jutsu is cheap. So he can immoblize ppl, then what? It's a great support jutsu but that's about it. He was holding Hidan but could just barely make him move, neck-tei wasn't working at all.

I tend to view him as a ninja with an obvious and fairly weak jutsu (every opponent he's faced has figured it out) but is able to make it work because he's master tactician.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 20:06   Link #117
cuttups
Cruiserweight Champion

I doubt this would happen but how shocked would you be if when the pieces of Hidan's body re enter the seal area, the wound was inflicted upon Asuma and Hidan was healed again.

I think it would be a stunning and shocking moment if Hidan's head and body were placed back in the seal and Asuma's head just shoots off his head and he dies.
cuttups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 00:31   Link #118
Slayerx

Ah, i thought this was a most baddass chapter, what with the beheading of Hiden and all... grant it though, i was hoping that Shika's big deduction from the end of last chapter would have been something less obvious than, "get him out of the circle"... i mean, who the hell didn't see that one coming? the poeple who thought it was too obvious to be the answer, that's who =P

As for Hiden... kinda wondering what the hell is up with his immortality... also wondering if he's got any kind of regeneration or healing for himself... if not, then i guess atasuki does have acess to good medical ninjas... thus answering more to how diedara got reattached his limb... That medical ninja would be one lucky ninja, i mean, how often is it that youget to test your skills with reattaching heads =P

As for how to kill hiden though... i'd say chopping up his brain would work quite nicely... if it doesn't, that at the very least he won't be able to think straight for awhile... i think...

and as for all that Shika is a coward comment... man, if you think its cowardly to take stop an opponent like that, then you must think that all real ninja's are cowards... backstabing, opportunity, killing without being scene; it's all how a true ninja would operate... it's called efficency, not cowardace... They don't use those kind of moves because they are afriad to die, they do it because thats the best damn way to do it... ninjas, who face opponets head on are the least ninja-like...

man, ninjas who fight head on are kinda like villians who give the hero a sporting/fighting chance... honestly, if your gonna be a villian than BE a villian...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Anyway the double page of Hidan's decapitation was rather nice, a different angle could have been better though.
Y'know... one thing i learned, is that sometimes, the most dramatic way to express an action is by not showing the action at all... in this case, i give Kishi many props for how that was set up, any other angle i thikn would have taken more away from the scene than added to it
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 01:25   Link #119
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits
Well his jutsu, is extremely redundant and weak. If he had more chakra to tie people's necks then he could kill his oppenents, but if he can't (yet see it work) he's reliant on others to finsh off the opponent. So no i don't agree with you when you say his jutsu is cheap. So he can immoblize ppl, then what? It's a great support jutsu but that's about it. He was holding Hidan but could just barely make him move, neck-tei wasn't working at all.

I tend to view him as a ninja with an obvious and fairly weak jutsu (every opponent he's faced has figured it out) but is able to make it work because he's master tactician.
Kage Nui can be used to impale targets as well like when he defeated Sai's lions. However, that method would be useless against Hidan though so Shikamaru decided to merely entangle him and allow Asuma to behead him.

I think somebody already mentioned this, but I can really see Shikamaru becoming a strong ninja if he could learn the Kage Bunshin technique. Kage Bunshin would eliminate the two main weaknesses of Shika's shadow jutsu, the first one being that it's too easy to determine where it's coming from and the second being that the user has no other means to attack while performing the jutsu.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 01:56   Link #120
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu
Kage Nui can be used to impale targets as well like when he defeated Sai's lions. However, that method would be useless against Hidan though so Shikamaru decided to merely entangle him and allow Asuma to behead him.

I think somebody already mentioned this, but I can really see Shikamaru becoming a strong ninja if he could learn the Kage Bunshin technique. Kage Bunshin would eliminate the two main weaknesses of Shika's shadow jutsu, the first one being that it's too easy to determine where it's coming from and the second being that the user has no other means to attack while performing the jutsu.

That's a nice theory, except for the fact kage bunshin requires you to give up an equivalent portion of your chakra. As you've seen in his past three fights against Hidan, Tayuya, and Temari; Shikamaru has very little chakra stamina. Thus far Naruto is the only person to use Kage bunshin regularly, because he is the only one with enough chakra stamina to perform this jutsu regularly, for everyone else it's a waste of chakra.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote