AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-01-15, 14:03   Link #101
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

I agree with Zidane (who I thank for wording it better than I can)

Simply stated: I felt the animation was far more superior when we saw:
Kakashi vs Zazuba,
Haku's Ice Mirror thing vs Sasuke & Naruto (Kakashi) and
Lee vs Gaara!
(as well as many un-fighting scenes in the early times)
I don't just watch for the fights, but feel this is where animation can truly be artistic & shine for all to bown down in awe well, they did it before why can't they do it again?

I just want to see that style and quality of animation again and always but then again I'm a selfish bitch! So, I guess I'm wrong in wanting this again. *crap this is like being in love with someone then losing that love and then kissing a brother*

My ability to imagine isn't all that great, as there are several scenes in the Manga where I'm saying "what the hell is that? Whose arm is that, what's exactly moving?" So, I look for the animation to explain it better.
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 14:16   Link #102
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

if you want to enjoy the anime, don't read the manga. When I watched eps 1-40 straight, it was awesome, then I started reading the manga and it's not so awesome anymore. In fact I haven't watched the last 10 or so episodes. I guess only the manga interests me now
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 14:27   Link #103
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
if you want to enjoy the anime, don't read the manga. When I watched eps 1-40 straight, it was awesome, then I started reading the manga and it's not so awesome anymore. In fact I haven't watched the last 10 or so episodes. I guess only the manga interests me now
I've heard that from others as well, and wonder if this is fact or rather it's because they had better animation in the earlier ones? perhaps the world will never know many many people sad *waits for someone to flame me*
Old 2004-01-15, 14:42   Link #104
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

if you ask me read the manga.Its really much better but the exiciting to see the animation makes allthings better So read the manga
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 16:26   Link #105
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx

Yea i kno what u mean. U r always looking so foward to something nd it never lives up to its expectations. Plus u kno whats going to happen so it looses a lot of the shock nd excitement. I'm not saying its bad but i think reading the manga is definitely a kill-joy of the anime.
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 16:36   Link #106
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zidane
Also, i think its shamefull for a 2004 anime to make speedlines when someone runs across someone else to tell us that they are really fast, i mean, are we still in the dbz era, that was over a decade ago and some of the fast moves in that series where even better.
Speedlines are part of manga and anime, taking them out would suck, imo.

Quote:
If i remember correctly the manga had more parts where lee's ghost apeared next to Sasuke indicating that Sasuke was mimicing lee , shame it was only seen once in this ep.
Only happens once in the manga too.

It wasnt much of a fight anyway I thought, lots of talking in the background between teh spectators too, so I was expecting a slow ep.
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 17:03   Link #107
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyArea
Speedlines are part of manga and anime, taking them out would suck, imo.
I thought Zidane's point was that when we see someone moving fast we don't have to be told from someone sitting in the anime "that's fast" for the viewers in the real world to understand that 'sasuke or whoever are fast" It's like stating "GreyArea likes to think he is always right, and if you don't see it that way he is happy you are annoying idiot".... it kind a goes without having to be said or wrote
Old 2004-01-15, 17:10   Link #108
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathyfinder
I thought Zidane's point was that when we see someone moving fast we don't have to be told from someone sitting in the anime "that's fast" for the viewers in the real world to understand that 'sasuke or whoever are fast" It's like stating "GreyArea likes to think he is always right, and if you don't see it that way he is happy you are annoying idiot".... it kind a goes without having to be said or wrote
True, but if they did show it in 'real time speed' (or whatever, you know what I mean), then it would be over in seconds with not much to see, which is why they dramatise it and show us whats happening. Speed lines just accentuate the action on screen, without them, it would look a bit bare :/
Old 2004-01-15, 17:16   Link #109
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
True, but if they did show it in 'real time speed' (or whatever, you know what I mean), then it would be over in seconds with not much to see, which is why they dramatise it and show us whats happening. Speed lines just accentuate the action on screen, without them, it would look a bit bare :/
That's fine! I can take "what you just said", but I don't ALSO need someone like Lee or Gai, or Kakashi or Sakura saying "wow that is fast" well, DUH we all saw that- like we are all so dumb we have to be told that when we see "what you said", we won't understand that means the character is fast.

Seeing a blur and "fast lines, and reading someone stating "Sasuke is fast", isn't as annoying as waiting two weeks for half the show seeing the fast lines, and having half the cast state "sasuke is fast" *no hope for amazing animation again? No hope*
Old 2004-01-15, 17:19   Link #110
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Ah right, I kinda misunderstood that. Well, I really dont care, in honesty, thats 'The Naruto way'. Every time something happens we get a very detailed explanation of what is happening, its the same in the manga (obviously), but I suppose it doesnt translate onto the aniem very well, due to the extra time it takes for the characters to say it, while when reading you can scan over it quickly.

A fair arguement though, but, there's not much that can be done about it.
Old 2004-01-15, 17:42   Link #111
Peare

Ugh, where is the subbed version?
Peare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 17:43   Link #112
Grav
Gone

Send a message via AIM to Grav
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peare
Ugh, where is the subbed version?
According to UPS tracker no. 0938193566, somewhere around Arkansas.
Grav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 18:26   Link #113
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grav
According to UPS tracker no. 0938193566, somewhere around Arkansas.
LOL uhm, you can't ask Peare, , but if you are that new, you must not know.....it's not out yet! How can people post, but not read? Again Raw on wednesdays and subs usually friday if the Naruto subber gods are smiling on us (thought I'd say it before he calls UPS)
Old 2004-01-15, 18:40   Link #114
Grobo
Inactive Member

Must... have.... sub....
Grobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 18:40   Link #115
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]

Send a message via AIM to NaOH Send a message via Yahoo to NaOH
the episode had wayyyyyyyyyy too much fillers. NOT ENOUF fight IMO.
NaOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 18:58   Link #116
Alfzilla
Was Here

Send a message via AIM to Alfzilla
Subbed is out by DarkAnime.
Alfzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 19:00   Link #117
Zidane

Quote:

Sorry i kinda explained my point in a wrong way. I understand that speedlines are a big part of anime. But when its only done to compensate for lack of animations of the actual charachters motions its not a good thing imo. Like when it was done in the lee fight , they somehow still showed a decent amount of animations (unique frames) making lee move fluidly , in the sasuke vs gaara fight it just looked choppy and simple . And the whirlwind when they spin around gaara (both in the lee and sasuke fight), thats the cheapest animation trick ever, it could just as well been done in southpark or the simpsons. A little more effort to make it look more impressive is all i expected, i didnt expect a big budget super special effect. Just something more allong the lines of the lee vs gaara fight. Not saying that was perfect, but this was worse. I understand they are "moving to fast for human eye to see" but you could always use bullet time or something, or even blur them in, but even that barely happend. But cmon not to whine or bitch or something, but you gotta admit, when sasuke ran it looked really stupid, like he was in the para olympics or in a fast walking contest.
Zidane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 19:02   Link #118
|)arK_Nin
Oi Oi Luffy!

DarkAnime is killin it
|)arK_Nin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 19:06   Link #119
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]

Send a message via AIM to NaOH Send a message via Yahoo to NaOH
Quote:
Sorry i kinda explained my point in a wrong way. I understand that speedlines are a big part of anime. But when its only done to compensate for lack of animations of the actual charachters motions its not a good thing imo. Like when it was done in the lee fight , they somehow still showed a decent amount of animations (unique frames) making lee move fluidly , in the sasuke vs gaara fight it just looked choppy and simple . And the whirlwind when they spin around gaara (both in the lee and sasuke fight), thats the cheapest animation trick ever, it could just as well been done in southpark or the simpsons. A little more effort to make it look more impressive is all i expected, i didnt expect a big budget super special effect. Just something more allong the lines of the lee vs gaara fight. Not saying that was perfect, but this was worse. I understand they are "moving to fast for human eye to see" but you could always use bullet time or something, or even blur them in, but even that barely happend. But cmon not to whine or bitch or something, but you gotta admit, when sasuke ran it looked really stupid, like he was in the para olympics or in a fast walking contest.

haha.. ya... he look like he was powerwalking.
NaOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 19:10   Link #120
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
...Quite a lot...
Yeah, I get what you mean, though if they did change teh figth from the manga, lots of people would be pissed off, and if they 'introduced' some 'great' special effects like bullet time, then even more people would be yet further disenchanted.

Also, there was a lot of money behind the Lee/Gaara fight, lots of the animated sequences used (very expensive) 3D effects. They cant afford to, and dont have the time to do that very often.

Anime isnt supposed to be like hollywood movies, its about artwork and style, not special effects and explosions.