AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-08, 08:24   Link #361
Bleed Kaga
Basketball Star

Since we're down to only 16 characters, I'll take a different approach and rank them by my preference of winning...

Happy If They Win
01. Fate
02. Aruruu
03. Eri
04. Nanoha
05. Suiseiseki
06. Mikuru
07. Rin
08. Yuki

Basically all the characters I like, especially the top 5. Fate in particular is the character I am hoping to win the tournament from day 1.

Indifferent If They Win
09. Eruruu
10. Mion

I think Eruruu and Mion are good characters, but they are just no where near the upper echelon of my preference.

Don't Know What To Think
11. Tamao
12. Chikaru
13. Alice
14. Yuki

Haven't watched the series they are from. Enuf said. Ranking them purely on looks.

Not Happy If They Win
15. Shinku
16. Shana

Shana annoys me and Shinku is probably my least favorite Rozen Maiden.
Old 2006-10-08, 08:53   Link #362
Forever
Revealing the truth

Want:

Eri > mion. Cuz I love school rumble much more than higuarashi and eri is hotter.

Fate = Nanoha. Love both of them. Cant choose, wont choose.

Shinku > chikaru. Cuz i watch RM not SP.

Suiseiseki = Alice Carroll. ACtually i siding a but to alice, but whoever wins its fine with me

Asahina Mikuru < Nagato Yuki. I guess I am a "glasses" and quiet girl man.

Shana > Aruru. Supporting shana for revenge

Rin > yurie. One of my fav surviving characters from fate stay night

Enruru > Tamao. I just dont like SP more and enruru is not too bad.

Predict:

Eri > mion. She is a heavyweight, so she will win.

Fate > Nanoha. I too agree that this could be her year.

Shinku > chikaru. RM fans goin strong

Suiseiseki > Alice Carroll. Same as above.

Asahina Mikuru < Nagato Yuki. Previous results back her up.

Shana < Aruru. Sigh

Rin > yurie. Rin just cant lose this one.

Enruru < Tamao. Somehow the SP legion will win this one
Old 2006-10-08, 09:14   Link #363
ando

Today's result of the exhibition match:
Spoiler for 1st~6th -> advance to the next exhibition match:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-10-08, 09:26   Link #364
rei
Nya~ I'm a good actress

254 :れい :2006/10/08(日) 15:05:58

<<神奈備命@AIR IN SUMMER>>
<<水銀燈@ローゼンメイデン トロイメント>>
<<八神はやて@魔法少女リリカルなのはA's>>
<<アリシア・フローレンス@ARIAシリーズ>>

Kanna & Alicia didn't make it . Suigintou is at the top And Hayate barely made it Choosing only 4 from that many characters is very hard I have to left out Ana & the other ARIA girls.
Old 2006-10-08, 09:30   Link #365
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
*nods* thanks for the translation and the results ando.

Taking into account how these results are from a much smaller voting population:
- Amusing that Shizuru did better than Natsuki.
- Other Haruhi is really popular I see.
- Rika and Rena are powerful yes.
- Aika scored very low for someone who broke the 1000+ barrier in her round. Extra exposure due to the other match that was on that day?
- Tsuruya-san finally concedes defeat, but not without taking it jointly with last year's 2nd place...

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2006-10-08, 10:02   Link #366
Choki
I believe i can fly

I'm sorry...but can someone explain to me what are exhibition match?
Old 2006-10-08, 10:27   Link #367
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choki View Post
I'm sorry...but can someone explain to me what are exhibition match?
Quote:
match for losers of the third round
so id guess its for the ones who didnt make it into the finals to fight it out for 4th(?) place (not too sure)
yay gin sama got through (naturally )
but im disappointed that Tsuruya didnt make it through id guess shes just not as loved as the rest...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-10-08, 10:50   Link #368
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Just though of something and would like to hear what everyone thinks about it.

Just play along with me for a second OK.

Now, imagine that somewhere along the middle of Kanon, Haruhi Suzumiya characters made a small appearence. It would be just a small scene and it would be all there for the sake of fanservice.

Now imagine that for some reason, the next season of Haruhi gets delayed. So, by the time the next Saimoe arrives, Haruhi and Co. only have their small showing in Kanon as an excuse to enter the tournament.

Would they be able to enter if something like that were to happen?

Does Saimoe has a rule about this sort of thing?

Sorry if this whole thing sounds dumb. I started to think about this after watching Kanon yesterday and simply decided to make a comment about it.
Old 2006-10-08, 11:04   Link #369
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Just though of something and would like to hear what everyone thinks about it.
Hm, good question, actually. I'd think that it'd be cheating of a sort, since Haruhi and co. already have their own series, and any possibility of them appearing in the tournament would be due to their theoretical Kanon appearance, not their actual MoSH appearance. As in, their actions in Kanon would be what counted, not from MoSH.

However, Saimoe seems to have no trouble fielding incredibly minor characters. I still have no clue what Takako Nakanishi is doing in there. (Absentee guitarist/singer/whatever for ENOZ from MoSH, block H1.)

Last edited by dkellis; 2006-10-08 at 11:05. Reason: Clarification.
Old 2006-10-08, 13:05   Link #370
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

I guess I'll play along and do a win ranking, too.

1) Fate - I love the Nanoha series, and I like Fate more than Nanoha, so this is a no-brainer.
2) Nanoha - Well yeah, it would be awesome for the defending champ to win again! With the new StrikerS manga going now and the new season coming, they could have some good momentum.
3) Eri - I see her chances of winning very slim because SR is over, and the last episode didn't even feature her much. Sadly, I don't follow the manga (*slaps self*), so I'm not sure if she's getting exposure there.
4) Shana - C'mon! Loli with a sword = win. Simple as that.
5) Yuki - Somehow, I see her winning the whole thing. She's my favorite of the SHNY characters, so it'd be okay if she won.

Anyone else not listed means I don't want them to win or I don't know who they are lol (like that one girl going against Rin in G).
Old 2006-10-08, 13:47   Link #371
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Burst View Post
Sadly, I don't follow the manga (*slaps self*), so I'm not sure if she's getting exposure there.
Eri = very yes. The manga is all about teh Eri.

There's always season 3, but that's quite some ways off, and has a bit of ground to cover....
Old 2006-10-08, 14:41   Link #372
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Jinsoo Send a message via MSN to Jinsoo
Oh exihibition match~!

Rena got 2nd~<3

I was surprised when I saw Ouran Haruhi placed in 6th x3

I'm sticking with Rena, Rika, and Ouran Haruhi for the exihibition
Old 2006-10-08, 19:15   Link #373
Lackadaisical

Thumbs up

It's somewhat interesting that, of the three most popular series in the tournament, only Rozen Maiden has a chance of placing two characters in the final eight. Had the draw been different all eight might have been from Rozen Maiden, Nanoha A's, and MoSH.

As it is, the only characters I really want to advance aren't my favorite characters out of the 16 remaining. The prospect of a clash between Rin and Eri is too amusing to pass up simply to see which tsundere icon would win. Hence I'm supporting Eri and Rin on the off chance that they'll draw against each other.

While it is a possibility, it is unlikely that Mion, Fate or Mikuru will overthrow Eri, Nanoha or Yuki. In the other matches, neither Chikaru, Yumie, or Alice have much of a chance leaving only Tamao against Eruruu and Shana against Aruruu as real competitions.

The ideal final eight would be:
Eri vs Rin - Deciding who is the greatest tsundere is a necessity. Shana could fill in if needed.
Nanoha vs Yuki - Might as well decide the tournament's winner early.
Shinku vs Souseiseki - Unimaginative but useful for deciding which Rozen Maiden gets to take second this year.

Either of the final four could be the two remaining since none of those have much of a chance against the top six.
Old 2006-10-08, 19:40   Link #374
Once and Current Subber

"Somewhat interesting"? Nah, more like "totally intentional".

The reasoning behind the way the tournament is structured is simple. They DO NOT WANT a two-series quarterfinal (or semifinal, even). Say they had rigged the bracketing a little differently - it's not beyond belief that you could be left with Haruhi, Yuki, Mikuru, and Kyon's little sister for the final four. But then what happens? Everybody who isn't a Haruhi fan goes home. There's no point in being part of an "anti" faction if there's nobody left in the "for" column.

Besides, the head-to-head same-bracket matches of big-name characters makes for excitement in the early rounds. If it's all just mega-popular tsundere stomping people you've never heard of, why bother voting?
Old 2006-10-08, 21:23   Link #375
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Hm, good question, actually. I'd think that it'd be cheating of a sort, since Haruhi and co. already have their own series, and any possibility of them appearing in the tournament would be due to their theoretical Kanon appearance, not their actual MoSH appearance. As in, their actions in Kanon would be what counted, not from MoSH.
Yes, I agree about the cheating. It would be extremely difficult to believe if a character from one show were to compete in Saimoe simply because it made a small cameo at another show.

Then again, this is Saimoe we are talking about.
Old 2006-10-08, 22:41   Link #376
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackadaisical View Post
Shinku vs Souseiseki - Unimaginative but useful for deciding which Rozen Maiden gets to take second this year.
Ahem.
Blasphemy ~desu! Souseiseki has gone home now, this year is Suiseiseki's chance to shine ~desu!
Old 2006-10-08, 23:09   Link #377
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar_notADV View Post
"Somewhat interesting"? Nah, more like "totally intentional".

The reasoning behind the way the tournament is structured is simple. They DO NOT WANT a two-series quarterfinal (or semifinal, even). Say they had rigged the bracketing a little differently - it's not beyond belief that you could be left with Haruhi, Yuki, Mikuru, and Kyon's little sister for the final four. But then what happens? Everybody who isn't a Haruhi fan goes home. There's no point in being part of an "anti" faction if there's nobody left in the "for" column.

Besides, the head-to-head same-bracket matches of big-name characters makes for excitement in the early rounds. If it's all just mega-popular tsundere stomping people you've never heard of, why bother voting?
You're right, but I'd prefer a system where the most popular characters made it to the end, independant of whatever series they're from. That's why I've always been an advocate of the idea of giving characters "seedings" depending on how they've performed in the qualifying rounds, and putting the top seedings in different groups so they wouldn't meet until the end. Although, on the other side of the coin, that does take a lot of the unpredictability out of it, since it becomes fairly obvious who's going to make it to the last rounds.
Old 2006-10-09, 02:48   Link #378
renzeru
BLUE_rex

Send a message via MSN to renzeru
What a turn of events, it seems that either Rozen Maiden and Strawberry Panic could send two girls to the final. Although its doubtful it would happen there is still room for surprises.

And yeah I kind of agree that the setup of the brackets is dissapointing and the organizers kinda hoped to have certain girls at the finals, but all anime watchers are not that predictable. I am glad to see half of the final 16 there.

Since the rumble of roses starts in a few hours,
here is my take in the match ups.

-Eri beats Mion, she is a true tsundere with a lot of character that outweights Mion.

-Nonoha takes it, a larger favorite in a close match.

-Chikaru steals the win, yuri gets the thumbs up most of the time.

-Alice through another close match up.

-Asahina robs it, no way Yuki is more moe, but it will be a very divided run.

-Shana by default, I mean, come on, its Shana.

-Rin grabs the victory, a incredibly charismatic character with tons of F/SN fans.

-Eruru wins, taking hearts all over the place.

Last edited by renzeru; 2006-10-09 at 10:46.
Old 2006-10-09, 03:15   Link #379
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666 View Post
Ahem.
Blasphemy ~desu! Souseiseki has gone home now, this year is Suiseiseki's chance to shine ~desu!
Ahahaha, Shinku vs Suiseiseki would be a re-match of last year ^^;;

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2006-10-09, 08:25   Link #380
Kineas
Standing Alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psieye View Post
Ahahaha, Shinku vs Suiseiseki would be a re-match of last year ^^;;
Who won last year?

Unless I remember wrongly, the group winners would be shuffled around randomly for the final matchups.

If both Shinku and Suiseiseki make it through this coming round, they might just get 'randomly' matched up against each other to have a variety of characters from different series in the final rounds.
Closed Thread