Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Hilarious.
Nakamura really cares a lot for Eri
Gogo flag!!!!
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 17:43   Link #842
ZODDGUTS

Woah another great chapter things are really moving along. I wonder if Eri will be able to confess now.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 18:15   Link #843
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

If she doesn't, her butler's crossdressing will continue. >_< She wasn't happy about him wearing her uniform; she's going to be absolutely pissed if she finds out he's been wearing her undergarments, too. @_@

This chapter was made of cute and win.
Spoiler for 4chan thread:

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2006-10-16 at 08:40.
KaneDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 21:12   Link #844
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Smile

It looks like a lot of people were watching that 4chan thread...

I'm now torn between this chapter and Ch.185 as my favourite chapter in the series. Ch.185 was nice from a character standpoint, but this one had an overload of warm and fuzzy feelings.

I've pointed out the increasing similarities between Eri and Tenma before, but the second last page of this chapter really struck home for me. It's almost feels like Eri is Tenma, at this point - or at least what Tenma's character could have been. Just take a look at panel 1 and panel 5 and you'll see what I mean. Try substituting Eri and Harima for Tenma and Karasuma, to test it out. It's very reminiscent of the early chapters of the series, in a way.

I find it particularily interesting because as the story has progressed, we've seen Tenma change from sharing Harima's goofiness early on in the series, to adopting a more calmer, rational outlook (perhaps brought on by her relationship with Karasuma) - in a bit of a role reversal last chapter, for example, Tenma was giving Eri advice in the same manner that Eri used to give Tenma about Karasuma. Likewise, Eri has changed her more rational stance to share a certain element of Harima's goofiness - you now have Eri and Harima mirroring each other in the same way that Tenma and Harima used to early on in the series. This chapter's side comments summarize this well - a lot of steps were taken for Eri to get to this state.

I don't think a confession is going to come, at this point - it feels too early. From Harima's initial comments in this chapter, I do think that Harima's manga is relevant here. I'm particularily keen to see if Harima's manga is going to be linked back to Karasuma's final issue and his departure (as mentioned in the chapter with 40 days till departure) and if Eri finds out about his manga. The latter case is a possibility if Harima decides to work on his manga during the stay over.

In any case, it looks like we'll have to wait another week to see. Next week should bring us both a # and a ♭.
Swampstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 21:18   Link #845
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I've 'overheard' from some IRC conversation that SR is finally going somewhere - and it's a Flag path. No, I'm not angry about it - AT LEAST IT IS FINALLY GOING SOMEWHERE! If there's going to be a season three, at least chances are that it's really going to end with some definite conclusion, and that's all I'm hoping and rooting for. It may not be ending with my favorite pairing, but if it will end well I'm still going to be really happy.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 21:58   Link #846
riddle
"What Should I Put Here"

Send a message via MSN to riddle
GO Ojou ...
Next chapter should be something...
riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 22:16   Link #847
kauldron26
Med Student

OMFG... could it really be... is SR beginning to stop sucking?? are we finally getting some development?? omg... i am dying of anticipation. great issue KJ. in a way, it seems KJ is trying to wrap things up.

School is ending.
40 days for Karasuma.
Everyone talking about their future.

Could this really be happening?? God i hope so...
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 23:15   Link #848
Calca
Expressionless

At this rate, the possibility that chapter 200 could be something huge is more and more likely.

Of course that means KJ will have to stall Harima at Eri house for 3 more weeks.

Next week could be finishing the project.

Week after could be them working out how to sleep

And the week after that is chapter 200.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 03:31   Link #849
Mentar
Banned

There's only one thing we know for sure which will NOT happen - and that is Eri confessing and Harima accepting. It just can't work, not yet.

As a flagger, I still want one thing to happen (even though it's unlikely): I want Harima to seriously reevaluate Eri. Preferably, she does break and confesses, but I guess it will have to be something below that. Like an admission that he's special to her, followed by a major outburst. But please something which snaps Harima out of his Tenma tunnel vision, even if it should be only in a temporary way ("Could she have meant that? Nah, impossible... or not?").

It's clear to me how this arc will end. With another violent Eri outburst smacking down Harima bigtime, followed by a vow never to let herself be humiliated like that again ^_^ ... which subsequently won't hold.

For a flag ending, Harima first needs to learn to value her. And that's still a long way to go. Nevertheless, maybe SR _will_ get some kind of conclusive relationship endings after all. I hope it does.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 06:43   Link #850
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
There's only one thing we know for sure which will NOT happen - and that is Eri confessing and Harima accepting. It just can't work, not yet.

As a flagger, I still want one thing to happen (even though it's unlikely): I want Harima to seriously reevaluate Eri. Preferably, she does break and confesses, but I guess it will have to be something below that. Like an admission that he's special to her, followed by a major outburst. But please something which snaps Harima out of his Tenma tunnel vision, even if it should be only in a temporary way ("Could she have meant that? Nah, impossible... or not?").

It's clear to me how this arc will end. With another violent Eri outburst smacking down Harima bigtime, followed by a vow never to let herself be humiliated like that again ^_^ ... which subsequently won't hold.

For a flag ending, Harima first needs to learn to value her. And that's still a long way to go. Nevertheless, maybe SR _will_ get some kind of conclusive relationship endings after all. I hope it does.
I agree for the most part, but I don't think that this arc has to end in violence. Kyoto ended on a positive note, but also mitigated some of the more major changes that it brought about in the process. Given the time limits, Flag doesn't have very much time left to lose with major setbacks.

Eri's confession is ultimately linked to Harima's confession which is linked to Tenma's confession. If any of Harima, Eri, Tenma, or Karasuma get paired off, we instantly get a fairly good idea of the rest of the story from there - which means that it needs to happen all at once. The key conflict is still in Harima resolving his feelings for Tenma, but I'm hoping that Eri can make enough of an impact up until that point for Harima to undergo a realization and reversal.

Right now, I want to see Eri find out about that manga before the end of the arc. If she can do that, she'll be doing fairly well. I'm also hoping that KJ follows up on ch.181's mysterious ending and that he remembers Eri's birthday, if we're still in February.

Oh, and given the chapter numbering screwups... do we really know which chapter is 200, anymore?
Swampstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 09:25   Link #851
Forever
Revealing the truth

Somehow i suspect something is wrong with the water harima drank. Hmm Nakamura could have spike it with something interesting.

The next thing u know, harima would have force eri on bed and at the critical point, mutter his confession to tenma.

The next chapter will probably end with a slap. All going according to my onigiri plan.
Old 2006-10-17, 03:51   Link #852
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Flag all the way...
Spoiler:
Old 2006-10-17, 11:39   Link #853
Slim_Ghost

Spoiler:
Slim_Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 11:54   Link #854
Calca
Expressionless

Nakamura put date-rape drug in Harima's water.

Eri's going to be able to do anything she wants...
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 18:53   Link #855
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

oh noes! i been a long time reader of the manga don't post much but i thought i post something. I am happy that the story is finally moving along but whatever happen to the onigiri faction 8*(. Seems to have a lot of Flag. I think one of 2 things will happen Either finally Harima tunnel vision is broken and Flag wins. Or Flag is going for a huge downfall i mean Eri is going to be depress for a while. Whichever the case i hope we get some resolution with onigiri as well, What i hope for is that Harima calls Yakumo to Eri's house to help with his manga and Chapter 200 is finally what i kinda wanted which is great battle of onigiri Vs. Flag. but that's just being optomist i am.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 19:06   Link #856
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor View Post
Nakamura put date-rape drug in Harima's water.

Eri's going to be able to do anything she wants...
I'm pretty sure Eri's not going to be that desperate
Old 2006-10-18, 04:12   Link #857
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Hmm...is Eri only attracted to Harima because of his body?
Nahh...Main thing is WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT?!! O_O
Old 2006-10-18, 04:55   Link #858
Killa_hurtz
THE SousukexKaname Fan

(as of 5 minutes ago is completely caught up in School Rumble after 4 days of speed reading from Volume 4)

GO FLAG!!!!
Killa_hurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 04:56   Link #859
Killa_hurtz
THE SousukexKaname Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Hmm...is Eri only attracted to Harima because of his body?
Nahh...Main thing is WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT?!! O_O
Call it a hunch but...I'm gonna guess that a misunderstanding will take place...
Killa_hurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 12:32   Link #860
SonicMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim_Ghost View Post
Spoiler:
You know what, I tend to wonder sometimes about this. Harima is totally built, drives a motorcycle, wears sunglasses all the time and is kind of a bad boy. How the hell does he not have girls crawling all over him?

I've lived in both countries and I can attest firmly that japanese girls get the hots for that bad boy image just as much as american girls. Hell, the only real difference is that sometimes in japan the woman will pick up the tab for the love hotel.

Uh... not that i know anything about that (checks over shoulder for fiancee), Just pure speculation on my behalf. Yup, yup. I must have read it in a... manga or something.
SonicMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hige, ojou, school