AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-07, 22:40   Link #61
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

The 'yaranaika' just reminded me of something I DIDN'T WANT TO BE REMINDED OF.

It seems Irohaniheto (?) is better than this ... So I'm going to go watch that one. I like my series well-made and underhyped.
Old 2006-10-07, 22:44   Link #62
wao
OK.

Wouldn't you consider this underhyped? In fact, it's probably the most underhyped of the doroku shows I've ever seen... I hope it's not like Olynsis where people are saying it didn't get hyped up too much because it was going to be crap anyway. I hope it's more like... like one of those quiet series that is in a puzzling timeslot but is making good progress in its own terms.

And now I will get around to watching the damn episode already! Gah.
Old 2006-10-07, 22:57   Link #63
aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
Wouldn't you consider this underhyped? In fact, it's probably the most underhyped of the doroku shows I've ever seen... I hope it's not like Olynsis where people are saying it didn't get hyped up too much because it was going to be crap anyway. I hope it's more like... like one of those quiet series that is in a puzzling timeslot but is making good progress in its own terms.

After the "success" and quality of Blood+ (at least GSD, as poor as it was, sold extremely well and earned decent ratings) It's a bit harder to hype up the show that's following it, in my opinion.

Kind of like a stand up comedian having to go up next after the previous guy totally bombed and angered the entire audience...

I think the most notable part of the entire show was the OP, specifically the Itano Circus Kanji. Wondering if that wasn't done by Yasushi Muraki, and considering that it's pretty much a perfect match for his stuff in E7, it must have been him. Hoping someone can get a confirmation on that.
Old 2006-10-07, 23:05   Link #64
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Don't bother rushing to see it.
Not much really happens in ep1 to get excited about.

Most of what does happen isnt really explained very much, except for the whole concept of "fumin" outcasts.

The animation is ok, but many minutes of that are composed of lots of moderatly obese old men enjoying a hot bath, strategically positioning their towels to spare us from needing too much eye bleach. (I imagine unlike chocotto sister, the DVD version of this show will not offer an "uncensored" version)

とりあえず、I'll watch the next couple episodes, to see if it gets better.
If its taking over for "blood+" then there is the possibility it will also include one of blood+'s less admirable characteristics: dragging on and on for episode after episode with no real story progress, then rushing to a quick unsatifying end in the last handful of episodes.
Old 2006-10-07, 23:23   Link #65
wao
OK.

No, I just wanted to see it so that I could finally have something "useful" to say in this thread instead of blabbering on without having even seen the first episode. But yeah, it's as average as I expected. What's this? It isn't really BONES quality... The layout is all weird and the animation doesn't seem half as good as what you'd expect from the first episode. Well, we'll wait and see.

I guess aardvark makes a good point there about the whole slot itself having lost its sparkle due to Blood+. On the other hand all the action is happening at 2 am. WTH? Oh well. But please, I hope this won't be as disappointing as Blood+. The whole storyline of this could go so much further... and the direction could be much better. I won't keep my hopes up too high though.

Oh yeah, I smiled at the OP - that indeed is none other than Muraki Circus (god, I swear he could stick a circus into ANY situation). The rainbow colours remind me of Daikon 4...
The OP really wasn't bad; it had lots of different elements in it which was good. I think Tomoki Kyoda (E7 director) is improving. The last bit of the OP was the best, I guess, but why must the director's name be splashed in HUGE FONT? He'll become a real laughingstock if the show bombs.
Old 2006-10-07, 23:50   Link #66
aardvark

Quote:

Oh yeah, I smiled at the OP - that indeed is none other than Muraki Circus (god, I swear he could stick a circus into ANY situation). The rainbow colours remind me of Daikon 4...
The OP really wasn't bad; it had lots of different elements in it which was good. I think Tomoki Kyoda (E7 director) is improving. The last bit of the OP was the best, I guess, but why must the director's name be splashed in HUGE FONT? He'll become a real laughingstock if the show bombs.
Gwahh, just checked the ED and noticed that it was indeed Kyoda who directed it. Watching it again, it's actually pretty apparent, especially that last bit that you mentioned.

Anyways, I'm keeping hopeful about the show in general. Shou Aikawa is more than reliable enough to turn this into something worthwhile, and Nishikiori, while not exactly on my top list of directors, usually gets the job done. My biggest worry is still the 50 episode length but better not to dwell on that...
Old 2006-10-08, 04:39   Link #67
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

As someone who tends to find "action" less interesting than character and relationships, I was happier with the main part of this episode than with its end. The situations, relationships and characters seemed promising to me. The naked old men didn't bother me. They were part of the attempt to make the context gritty and real. And the monsters looked better to me than they did in the special last week. In fact, I found the animation in general worked better for me than I had expected from the special.

Or maybe I'm just happy to hear seiyuu I like who have been in shows I love. Fujiwara Keiji (the protagonist: Shuuji in Honey & Clover) and Niino Michi (the young "boy" with a sword: Aaeru in Simoun, a stage actress in her second anime role). With the unexpected bonus of Takahashi Mikako (the girl in the opening scene, digging in the mud: Ayu in Honey & Clover, Rodoreamon in Simoun). And the Simoun Japanese wiki (with some support from ja Wikipedia) claims that Aikawa Shou probably was the original creator of Simoun, under the pseudonym of Oyamada Fuukyoushi. That would be a huge recommendation to me.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-10-08, 06:09   Link #68
fignae
floofer. floof.

So that was Takahashi Mikako! I was this close to checking the credits, then promptly forgot to do so. What a lovely surprise.

The anime itself seems fairly typical of the type. The first episode had to end that way, they had to get together etc. Will it always be predictable? I'm not really a fan of Edo period anime, though. Might need subs to change my mind.
Old 2006-10-08, 07:00   Link #69
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Only a fool would dismiss a new Bones show but I'm kind of in two minds about this one. I'll have to wait for a sub for the final verdict but despite the solid animation there was definately something missing. I felt Bones wasn't really enthusiastic enough about it's own show. Not enough of their trademark flair and wow factor, although the battle at the end was quiet exciting once it got going.

Having said that the whole kanji-fu concept is truly inspired, although it's bound to leave me totally baffled without translator notes.
Old 2006-10-08, 19:28   Link #70
solomon

a tad off topic, but given Yukiatsu's seiyuu, would it be incorrect to saw that Keiji Fujiwara is EVERYWHERE? Before his turn as FMA's (brigadier general, keep it straight ) Hughes, i only remember him as shin-chan's father.....now he has this noein, E7, black cat, blood+ and don't forget his turn as Shuu-chan in both H and Cs (plus a couple of those shows were running at the same time). It seemed like hes been everywhere ever scince his playing Hughes, what demand huh?....just a random thought.
Old 2006-10-08, 20:14   Link #71
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

After the trailer, I didn't expect much. After watching the first ep, I think the animation is better than I thought. I hope they can keep it up.

There's not much happening in this episode though. I guess they are just introducing the characters and building up the setting. But I see potential in the story.

Also, it's nice to hear Aeru's voice again. Oh, I didn't notice it was Rodaremon's voice with that girl in the beginning. But she's not a recurring character, right?
Old 2006-10-09, 04:42   Link #72
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Watched the episode.

Not much happened plotwise for most of the show, but then when the booming music started I knew something was going to happen.

It's refreshing to see characters who already seem complex in the very first episode. For example, the main character, Yukiatsu,

Spoiler:

The facial features of the characters are also much more expressive than your usual anime fare.

As for the animation and the atmosphere, well, check it out for yourself. Absolutely riveting.
Old 2006-10-09, 04:43   Link #73
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Finally had the time to watch it. Damn...it took 16 hours for the RAW to complete. WTF?

Frankly, had I not known better, I would've thought that this was only partially done by BONES. How should I put it...BONES/Sunrise as a whole had always utilized strong visual story-telling and coordination that isn't over-the-top like Utena or some incredibly artsy shows that while is apparent at certain parts of this episode, the overall feel of the episode felt lacking. As it is, it holds a great promise in terms of character and story-telling since it does feel original in some ways, but I hope they do not plan to drag the story and character development in arcs and arcs and arcs. The youkais were an interesting appeal, but I hope it doesn't go "episodic monster of the week" followed by "story/theme/character development" followed by "episodic monster" and repeat. If that happens, I'm probably going to drop this and wait till next year for the whole bunch to be released.

I felt like I was watching Ultraman 7 again though when those youkais appeared. Good times.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2006-10-09, 05:46   Link #74
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
a tad off topic, but given Yukiatsu's seiyuu, would it be incorrect to saw that Keiji Fujiwara is EVERYWHERE? Before his turn as FMA's (brigadier general, keep it straight ) Hughes, i only remember him as shin-chan's father.....now he has this noein, E7, black cat, blood+ and don't forget his turn as Shuu-chan in both H and Cs (plus a couple of those shows were running at the same time). It seemed like hes been everywhere ever scince his playing Hughes, what demand huh?....just a random thought.
Don't forget the one he's prolly most famous for in Japan - Hiroshi in Cryaon Shin-chan. (Shinnosuke's dad)

You never forget his voice... If it helps he appeared briefly in Juuousei as well
Old 2006-10-09, 06:48   Link #75
solomon

Quote:

You never forget his voice... If it helps he appeared briefly in Juuousei as well
I'll say ya don't. That's nice in a sense, much like Koichi Yamadera, Tohru Ohkawa or the great Shuichi Ikeda, i like male seiyuu with a very unique timbre to their voice.
Oh, and i love Winding Road, although the music video is seriously wierd.
Old 2006-10-10, 08:14   Link #76
solomon

I cannot find a torrent for the raw anywhares!....My goodness doesn't anyone think we fans can stomach another period show (even if it has monsters in it ). I mean if stuff from the vintage leijiverse gets subbed relatively reliably, youd think someone be champing at the prongs to sub a new bones work, given the studio's high esteem with fandom.
At any rate, I wonder how much they'll focus on the actual historical happenings around tempo 14. Lotta interesting stuff going on at that time.
Old 2006-10-14, 10:29   Link #77
wrex_japan

Ayakashi Ayashi ep. 2

Ayakashi Ayashi episode 2 pics and summary. There was more action this episode and a little more mystery. The first episode was a little slow and boring at parts, but it looks like the pace will pick up a bit.
Old 2006-10-14, 21:42   Link #78
Omniscient

Episode 02 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
Old 2006-10-16, 14:47   Link #79
solomon

i heard shinsen is going to do this, true, false?
Old 2006-10-16, 18:18   Link #80
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Who cares about Shinsen - gg and Nanashi just announced they will be doing a joint! These are two really excellent groups here! If Shinsen were the only subbers, I would have been worried about collecting their subs, but gg/Nanashi are bound to be great great quality. So all is well... especially with my ep. 2 raw finally DONE!
Closed Thread