Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2006-10-15, 10:37   Link #461
Noodlehead
Noodlehead is not edible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
Can someone tell me please how many chapters it is?
108 chapters, 12 tankoubun.

~ Noodlehead
Noodlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 21:57   Link #462
ImperialPanda

I do believe this is the first anime/manga where I hate every. single. character. x.x
ImperialPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 16:04   Link #463
ShellyKukai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialPanda View Post
I do believe this is the first anime/manga where I hate every. single. character. x.x
Wow, I feel the same exact way. Almost. I think I only faintly liked Raito's shinigami Ryuuku.
I read the first three volumes and was so disgusted by the arrogant sociopath that is Raito that I just gave it up.

I don't get it. Raito simply isn't likable at all. Neither is L really. So where exactly is the motivation to care about what happens to them?
I spent a lot of time hoping Raito would get hit by a stray bullet.

I may give the anime a chance. But reading the manga was painful.
ShellyKukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 23:41   Link #464
obentou
Maximum7/Ossu

I actually got inspired by the first episode of the anime to read the manga. I'm currently on around the 60th chapter, just not much longer after

Spoiler:

I'd say, even though Raito isn't likeable, the plot itself is an interesting read.
obentou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 23:52   Link #465
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellyKukai View Post
Wow, I feel the same exact way. Almost. I think I only faintly liked Raito's shinigami Ryuuku.
I read the first three volumes and was so disgusted by the arrogant sociopath that is Raito that I just gave it up.

I don't get it. Raito simply isn't likable at all. Neither is L really. So where exactly is the motivation to care about what happens to them?
I spent a lot of time hoping Raito would get hit by a stray bullet.

I may give the anime a chance. But reading the manga was painful.
I like L and his quirkiness. The motivation for me to continue reading was to basically watch the intricate chess match between L and Light unfold and to see who would ultimately come out on top. The way that Light would constantly come up with new schemes in an attempt to throw L off coupled with the amazing powers of deduction and calculation from L just made the story really interesting to me.

Spoiler for Around what happens between vol 4 to 7 or so:
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-21, 03:06   Link #466
ImperialPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark` View Post
I like L and his quirkiness. The motivation for me to continue reading was to basically watch the intricate chess match between L and Light unfold and to see who would ultimately come out on top. The way that Light would constantly come up with new schemes in an attempt to throw L off coupled with the amazing powers of deduction and calculation from L just made the story really interesting to me.

Spoiler for Around what happens between vol 4 to 7 or so:
The plot is good. And yes there's some pretty nice developments. But Light is just super crazy insane over-the-top evil.

Cool evil? Ok. Remorsefully evil? Angle to connect with. But this guy is just soooo waaaaaaaay in the extreme that I can't do anything but hate him. He's a freakin machine. Light would probably qualify as a shinigami better than Ryuk or the others. In the serious sense.

And L is just way naive and arrogant. And I hate ppl like that. ;/ Plus he's against the "protagonist" so I kinda automatically root against him hehehe.
ImperialPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-21, 06:37   Link #467
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I just don't see as to why many people dislike Light, sure he's not your perfect everyday character, but i believe he has some parts about him that make more then just his mind interesting. At least give him a lil' credit. :3

Ah well, the main character for me is Misa - sure i'm not alone there~
Old 2006-10-21, 09:39   Link #468
Setsuchan

Well,I don't dislike Light ^__^
I like him a lot (even though he's evil IMO) ,but I like L more. The one I don't like is Near >_< (and Misa,she's okay but...I just can't seem to like her much,but I don't HATE her...I hate Near tho XP)
Setsuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-21, 10:18   Link #469
obentou
Maximum7/Ossu

Me neither. I don't really hold anything against the characters except Misa and Mello? If that's the name of the person with Near. For Misa, she's plain ridiculous... I don't believe anyone in the world would think like that. Perhaps I'm wrong, but it sure is some crazy dedication to Raito.

Like others have mentioned, Raito's depth of insight is superb. The foreseeing of the eventual return of the Death Note to him.... I couldn't predict that at all.
obentou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-22, 13:12   Link #470
Udonsha

Post Death Note Role Play

For those of you interested, I'm looking to start a small Death Note text roleplay group. So if anybody would like to decide the fate of their favorite characters via roleplay, feel free to shoot me an e-mail. The means through which sessions are conducted (AIM/MSN/etc) are flexible, as are the times. Of course, since this is roleplay, freedom from time/plot constraints is allowed.. So any characters from any point may partake in the fun.

Serious replies only, please. If you like Death Note and/or roleplay, why not give it a shot? Send me an e-mail with what character you're interested in, if you've roleplayed before, and what sort of direction you'd like to take your roleplay in.

So far, any and all roles are open. With the exception of Misa.
Udonsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 11:21   Link #471
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obentou View Post
Like others have mentioned, Raito's depth of insight is superb. The foreseeing of the eventual return of the Death Note to him.... I couldn't predict that at all.
I don't think anyone did.. well, apart from Light himself. :3

I'll say this about Light - he gives of the best evil smiles~
Old 2006-10-23, 17:57   Link #472
salty_goblin

I used to dislike Light untill i read fake ending...he just simply amazed me there.
although in real ending my respect for him went down ._.

i dont dislike any chara in particular..well maybe misa a bit.
i dont know why people dislike mello, though..he's my favourite. i liked him even before i read chapter when he appears.
maybe it because of hair. or maybe because im amazed by someone who can eat so many chocolate and not get fat/die from diabetes.
matt is also ok..
salty_goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 06:16   Link #473
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Personally I liked N the best, AKA 3rd L. He even admitted he didn't have the same kind of foresight that L did but still in the end was able to bring Raito to justice with some slight help that is.

To be honest I don't think your NOT supposed to like the characters, they're there for the sake of telling a pretty damn good story.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 23:11   Link #474
Xelsol

I liked this manga until
Spoiler:

After that, the story took a nose dive, in my opinion. For the first time, I had to force myself to read until the end of the manga.
Xelsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 02:15   Link #475
StrawHatLuffy
L Lawliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelsol View Post
I liked this manga until
Spoiler:

After that, the story took a nose dive, in my opinion. For the first time, I had to force myself to read until the end of the manga.
Spoiler:
StrawHatLuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 03:06   Link #476
Ratix

Send a message via AIM to Ratix Send a message via MSN to Ratix
STill reading the manga, the story seem to be getting very very very bland after volume 7...
Ratix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 06:40   Link #477
StrawHatLuffy
L Lawliet

IMO, I think it picks up again after volume 9.
StrawHatLuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 13:03   Link #478
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

Spoiler:

that's all. Just wanted to say something about it.
Old 2006-10-26, 13:41   Link #479
Xelsol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
Spoiler:

that's all. Just wanted to say something about it.
Spoiler:
Xelsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 18:01   Link #480
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Spoiler for End of the series:
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote