AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-09, 04:00   Link #1
Dr.Kureha

Speculation: Strawhats new ship [spoilers]

Ino theres been alot of speculations about the Strawhats new ship in NUMEROUS discussions but i thought id start a topic to kinda collate peoples thoughts n see what everyones thinkin.

Personally, i think the whole of Galellea n the Franky family will have a part in building the new ship, with Iceburg n franky working together heading the design, the 2 apprentices of the greatest shipright in the world working together to make the Strawhats new ship will have to make it awsomely strong.

There gonna need a pretty bad arse ship now they pissed off the world government.

I rekon it'll encorporate frankys war ship gun type weapons n this will leave open an opertunity for Usopp to reli shine with his marksman abilities.

And what was with tht freaky thing tht nami caught, (snow ash whatever) but why did it look like it was glowing, maybe somehow that will find its way into the new ship???
Not to say that the spirit of merry will directly go into the new ship but summit along those lines.

It cnt be too big tho cos they dont really have a big enough crew to manage it.....but i hope it'll have to be a fair bit bigger then merry, although having a small ship has been to their advantage in the past.

N it better have an ace figure head...personally i dont know what can follow merrys.

Also when the ship burned WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THEIR STUFF.
I didnt see any of it in that little boat they were on....nami's maps....choppers medicine.... n the orange tree from Nami's home.........r they just gona have to start afresh on the new ship!?

Last edited by Dr.Kureha; 2006-10-09 at 18:49.
Old 2006-10-09, 07:18   Link #2
Strike Mk.II

Well for the stuff that was on Merry (The Orange Tree etc etc..) , they took everything out quite awhile back, about the time Ussop left Luffy and Co. If you remember the ship was basically empty when it was just Ussop and Merry. Im guesing they (Luffy and Co) moved all there stuff to the Shipyard on Water 7 or somewhere near it, so it'd be easier for them to move there stuff to a new ship.
Old 2006-10-09, 12:00   Link #3
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Actually, it's being stored at a nearby hotel last we saw it in the comic. What happened to all the supplies after that is beyond me. They've been too busy doing other things to tell that tiny little detail.
Old 2006-10-09, 17:05   Link #4
Climhazard
Funk Freed

There probably still being stored in the hotel, i can't see them loosing all their possessions tbh, especially Nami's maps and orange trees, the maps are her dream, so she wouldnt lose them so easily or she would have to map out everywhere shes been all over again.
Old 2006-10-09, 18:08   Link #5
Xelsol

Paulie and Franky are not the appentices of Tom, Iceburg and Franky are. I'm not sure what the ship will look like, but I'm pretty sure it will be built by everyone (Galley-la, Franky Family, Strawhats). The "snow" Nami caught is probably just ashes from Merry. The figure head will probably be something really random and goofy looking. And yes, all thier stuff is back in Water 7, unless something happened in the middle of the storm.
Old 2006-10-09, 18:49   Link #6
Dr.Kureha

Oh ya sori i meant Iceburg.......dnt have a clue why i put paulie, but ya must have missed them leaving their stuff at water 7 cos he maps were everything to her.

Another question, they did go through the gates of justice didnt they, but if i remember correctly wasnt it mentioned that it was like the calm belt through the gates of justice ,and only the marines know how to sail it???
Old 2006-10-09, 20:02   Link #7
Slayerx

This thread should be made a [MANGA] thread, due to spoilers

As for the new ship... i'm not sure, Franky and iceburd teaming up and working with gally-le and Franky family to build a new ship is a definate possibility...

However i think another pretty good possibility is that Franky has already a ship built... I mean, i don't think it was ever mentioned where franky was going with all that money he stole from the strawhats, he could have building his dream ship for the past couple of years... if i recall correctly, franky's dream is to build a ship that would reach the end of the grandline, this would accomplish half of that dream; the other half being accomplished by joining the strawhats on his ship and going to the grandline... Grant it though, i don't think it was said that he had to build it alone, So the first theory of everyone building can also help him accomplish his dream.

No idea what the ship will look like... i'm guessing not that much bigger than the Going Merry. a Small ship for a small crew... not to mention all of the "battle franky's" were very powerful but small ships... I can agree with hoping their will be a good cannon so that ussop can make use of his marksmen skills, and it really is a wonder how they will make a better figure head then the going Merry's (I'm thinking Llama, but that's just me)... Though i kinda hope it's not the same as the going Merry; the new ship should be completely unique and should be loved not as the ship that's replacing Merry, but as it's own individual ship...

Quote:
Another question, they did go through the gates of justice didnt they, but if i remember correctly wasnt it mentioned that it was like the calm belt through the gates of justice ,and only the marines know how to sail it???
Apperently they didn't.... i think a lot of just jumped to that conclusion... probably due to the fact that the doors slammed shut right after the strawhats got away, though if we look back, there's nothing that really says they went through the gates...
Old 2006-10-11, 15:50   Link #8
DrFuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Apperently they didn't.... i think a lot of just jumped to that conclusion... probably due to the fact that the doors slammed shut right after the strawhats got away, though if we look back, there's nothing that really says they went through the gates...
lets not forget that Iceberg would have no reason to come from within the gates of justice.

hmmmm, tangerines....
Old 2006-10-12, 17:49   Link #9
Undertaker

I mentioned that in the manga disscussion.

after Nami figured out the current and patterns of the whirlpools she ordered Chopper to turn 90 degree left, then one of the Marine ship made annoucement that Strawhats are head back towards the waterfalls.

The angle of the panel with GoJ isn't really that clear wether they went though the gate or not, but based on the converstaions I conclude that they didn't go through the gate, and it seems that I was right from chapter 430
Old 2006-10-20, 16:20   Link #10
cp9
Cipher Pol nr.9

Location: No way, <--supposed to be an R in there but i forgot where:P
what "snow" which anime episode is that or is it later and only in the manga?
Old 2006-10-20, 17:16   Link #11
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Yeah, this thread needs "spoilers" in the title. Actually just the title itself is a spoiler. If you read chapter 431,you'll find out some of your answers.
Old 2006-10-20, 20:24   Link #12
Jordus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu View Post
Yeah, this thread needs "spoilers" in the title. Actually just the title itself is a spoiler. If you read chapter 431,you'll find out some of your answers.
I completely agree. I was just about to post the same thing.
Old 2006-10-20, 23:04   Link #13
king chopper
Crewmate doctor

yo i just read the anime it sounds really awesome especially if there buildin the ship from exactly the same thing Gold rogers ship was made out of! cant wait till next manga release! and for some reason i think the crew will have a time skip.....i dunno why not the same as narutos was....kinda like dragonball Z where they skip like a year or so then u see the characters stronger faster and better than before!

some reasons why i think oda likes DBZ

chessmarimo fusion: that fusion technicque where chess and marimo fused and created chessmarimo that was the same technicque used to DBZ just made in a diffrent way

Chopper's brain point attack: i forgot name but this attack shows very similarity to tiens attack the way he puts his hands together in that handsign and luffy shouted ITs a beam! if uve seen tiens attack ull kno what i mean
Old 2006-11-18, 09:53   Link #14
diners13

new ship

I wonder how is the new ship going to be is it going to be big or a small one like merry??? will it have many canons??? and will it be the strongest ship in one piece??

i personallh dont think that is going to be big caus ethey dont need one big ship but it will hahave many canons since franky used to make battleships
Old 2006-11-18, 10:49   Link #15
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
with super strong wood that Franky bouth Franky Family and Galle-la will make super ship, but I don't think that they would put seastone on bottom to avoid sea kings - they're food supply

SH stuff was placed in hotel and than confiscated while they were wanted criminals, and now returned

next manga chapter we will see this buatifyl ship XD can't wait
I hope it's a little bigger than marry so they wouldn't feel crumped when two or three more members join
I thought that sheep head was lame at the begining but than I started to like it
I hope it will be something diffrent, but not too scary cause it will be Luffy's new special seat
Old 2006-11-21, 21:17   Link #16
BallaG590

ship

in the end...we'll just have to wait till thursday lol
Old 2006-11-22, 07:45   Link #17
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallaG590 View Post
in the end...we'll just have to wait till thursday lol
A week on Thursday
Old 2006-11-22, 22:28   Link #18
^Shikamaru^

Personally I think Franky is building Pluton for Luffy's crew, or at least a composite of one. They need the best ship possible to go against future buster calls, and I can't think of any other ship. I know it sounds absurd since Iceburg would be pissed at him building it, but if you think about it, Tom risked his life to preserve Pluton design, and it's existence is to rival against future enemies+ancient weapons = World Government (The WG should have at least 1 AW). But I'm sure the ship's identity wouldn't be revealed until the face another AW.

That's the best idea I could come up with the new ship's design, because no one else knows how Pluton looks like, the only people in the world that knows it design is Tom's workers - Tom, Iceburg, and Franky.

Which brings to me to wonder did, Gol D. Roger have an AW also? If you think about it he was considered a huge threat to the government and to make it to the list you must have an AW/knowledge of one, or know of the secret of the WG organization as explained in Robin's flash back of Ohara.

My 2 cents...
Old 2006-11-22, 23:18   Link #19
Rageaholic01
Kaizoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^Shikamaru^ View Post
Personally I think Franky is building Pluton for Luffy's crew, or at least a composite of one. They need the best ship possible to go against future buster calls, and I can't think of any other ship. I know it sounds absurd since Iceburg would be pissed at him building it, but if you think about it, Tom risked his life to preserve Pluton design, and it's existence is to rival against future enemies+ancient weapons = World Government (The WG should have at least 1 AW). But I'm sure the ship's identity wouldn't be revealed until the face another AW.

That's the best idea I could come up with the new ship's design, because no one else knows how Pluton looks like, the only people in the world that knows it design is Tom's workers - Tom, Iceburg, and Franky.

Which brings to me to wonder did, Gol D. Roger have an AW also? If you think about it he was considered a huge threat to the government and to make it to the list you must have an AW/knowledge of one, or know of the secret of the WG organization as explained in Robin's flash back of Ohara.

My 2 cents...
what does AW stand for again?
Old 2006-11-23, 02:16   Link #20
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^Shikamaru^ View Post
The whole reason the water 7 shipwrights protected the pluton prints was so that it could be used to COUNTER the ancient weapons should they ever return, NOT be given just to anybody who needs power... Bringing to life the ancient weapons is a HUGE risk... on the one hand it would give the strawhats awsome power, on the other hand their is always the chance that the marines might find a way to capture the ship, thus allowing the ultimate weapon to fall into their hands

The world gov't does not have an acient weapon... other than the risk of revealing the lost history, the reason the world gov't wanted robin alive was so they could obtain an ancient weapon... the same reason they went after Tom, iceburg and Franky... It's been made clear that the WG wanted to use the ancient weapons to end the pirate age and bring down their justice... if the WG had an ancient weapon already they would be using it

Quote:
The blueprints were destroyed... and they were also rather lengthy blueprints that i doubt the shipwrights could have it memorized... ad that's in addition to all the reasons why they wouldn't built such a ship...

Quote:
I seriously doubt gold roger had an ancient ship... there's nothing saying that he was a huge threat to the world gov't, just a major criminal... poeple who actually seek to overthrow the gov't like Dragons, THOSE are threats... pirates are mearly consider criminals, and being the pirate king, Roger was the biggest one... though if roger was considered a threat, its easy to believe it was for being able to know the lost history, not owning one of the weapons...
Closed Thread