AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-01-16, 23:18   Link #21
Bortix
l33t One

There is also televison, sports, and most importantly...community service.
Bortix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-16, 23:30   Link #22
Sakura-chan
A complex "maybe"

Send a message via AIM to Sakura-chan Send a message via MSN to Sakura-chan
I'm addicted to nothin'. If you don't count sketching/drawing 5-8 hours a day an addiction. ^^;; ~Hey, I'm really to improve here!~ Ok... I've got no life. And I don't want one.
Sakura-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-17, 02:31   Link #23
Yuuichi
Wishing for an anime life

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiGGiEE
:: muuusssttt watch more anime!!!... ::

I go thru withdrawals if I don't watch a few eps a day hehe :P
I just need a bigger hard drive, a super duper fast connection (cable just not fast enough when trying to download 5 eps at a time...) and 48 hour days instead of 24.... then I'm set
Completely understand. I've had my computer for about 5-6 years now and have upgraded several times with relative (they were still pretty high-end when he gave them to me) hand-me-downs from my friend (usually payment was in anime). But, it only has about say 15 gigs of space, which equates to about 4-26 ep series.

This has meant a lot of DVD burning, and data dumping (since I'm currently in the process of dl about 15 series that are all in progress).

And with a lull in ALL of my series, I finally watched all of Scrapped Princess. It was a very good series with some unwatchable parts in it (excruciating for me to watch at least - see other post I made), but I'm glad it ended the way it did.
Yuuichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-17, 03:25   Link #24
MwyC

Send a message via AIM to MwyC Send a message via MSN to MwyC
Quote:
Yes! VIDEO GAMES!!!! Yeah I know... I need a life...
ohh dont forget forum spamming while waiting for said anime to download
MwyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-17, 10:45   Link #25
d0d0lee
だいおもしろ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoS
Actually My kids do it as well but in play my 2 days samantha and sarah
Samantha calls her sister Sarah Mercury and she is Sailor Moon. It cant be a bad thing you know it not like your cyco or anything. :P
Thank you Mos for reassuring me that i'm not psyco and every one else for reassuring me that its ok to watch lots of anime... i got dumped cause i was told i watch too much anime... was told that i have no life (-V-)..... sigh.... i think that person has too much time on hand...
d0d0lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-17, 11:12   Link #26
Lord_Mew
The Dark Lord

Send a message via ICQ to Lord_Mew Send a message via MSN to Lord_Mew
I'm also getting a little affected, for example my original lenguaje is spanish, but when I'm sleeping all my dreams are a mix of english and japanese for the excees of fansubs and the NANI!?!?, ARE?, etc... and during games in english while I read them I replace the words I know in english to japanese, that's called been really affected
Lord_Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-17, 11:17   Link #27
d0d0lee
だいおもしろ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Mew
I'm also getting a little affected, for example my original lenguaje is spanish, but when I'm sleeping all my dreams are a mix of english and japanese for the excees of fansubs and the NANI!?!?, ARE?, etc... and during games in english while I read them I replace the words I know in english to japanese, that's called been really affected
!!! Mew, i feel for you! you got to get it right though cause grades are gonna huant you!!!
Old 2004-01-18, 00:57   Link #28
madeener
君の犬です - bow wow!

Location: i live in singapore, you know where that is? its not in china! lol
Send a message via MSN to madeener
unless you are having problems in other aspects of your everyday life, you are not watching too much anime. Try doing something else while you download them and limit yourself to 2 episodes a day. Works for me
madeener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 09:00   Link #29
Blue*Dragon

I must say iam a totally fighting animation fan so i kinda wach the animation too much everyday. Okay not when iam at school or something
Blue*Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 10:17   Link #30
d0d0lee
だいおもしろ

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeener
unless you are having problems in other aspects of your everyday life, you are not watching too much anime. Try doing something else while you download them and limit yourself to 2 episodes a day. Works for me
Sigh... i don even watch anime everyday but like twice or three times a week and sometimes less when i get really busy... only go all out and watch the entire day like once bi-monthly...

People who watch and play computer games and go on forums and chat everyday.... i hate you ... sob!! (=~=)
Oh, wait... think i go on forum and chat almost everyday =P so these pple don count =D
Old 2004-01-18, 18:02   Link #31
7thMethuselah

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Bortix
As said earlier, you fools are addicted to anime. There are other things in life besides anime after all.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes! VIDEO GAMES!!!! Yeah I know... I need a life...
OMG that remark is hilarious, you are my new hero
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 01:15   Link #32
nooc

*nooc enters the room*

Ah, yes.. I can feen the power of Anime pumping through my vains!
This power!! MWAAHAHAHAHAAAA...

(but ofcourse, watching anime as much as nooc makes one weak
from sitting infromt of the screen all those hours)

*nooc crumbles into a heap of almost living meat*
nooc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 13:34   Link #33
Miraage

Send a message via AIM to Miraage Send a message via MSN to Miraage Send a message via Yahoo to Miraage
I don't watch anime for fun anymore...I watch it to stop the shaking.
Miraage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 14:04   Link #34
fenrihr
is dime-a-dozen

Send a message via AIM to fenrihr
pah. i can quit anytime i want!

and yes... i don't play my GBA enough.

actually i only usually watch about 3 episodes a week, unless i find a huge batch w/ lots of stuff i wanna watch, then there goes my sunday.
fenrihr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 15:57   Link #35
Lord_Mew
The Dark Lord

Send a message via ICQ to Lord_Mew Send a message via MSN to Lord_Mew
I sick I'm the only sick guy here, before I runned out of anime to watch I watched 26 epsidoes in a 3 day period(had to download them of course) and now I see like 10 episdoes daily
Lord_Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 17:20   Link #36
PiGGiEE
PiGGiEE Judo Chop Chop!

...... I just watched (on Sunday) Full Metal Panic and Full Metal Panic Fumoffu in one day... and also... caught up on my Naruto episodes, watched Prince of Tennis Ep 100, 2 eps from Peace Maker Kurogane, and 1 ep from Full Metal Alchemist. Needless to say... I was literally sitting in front of my computer the whole day with no breaks besides needing to pee and eat. Sad... so sad... I need a life! Wahhhhhhhhhhh!
PiGGiEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 23:02   Link #37
nooc

Quote:
Sad... so sad... I need a life! Wahhhhhhhhhhh!
Who doesn't?

(okok.. probably most don't)
nooc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 23:39   Link #38
CardCaptorMoody
Dictator of the World

Location: Canada, In my basement playing DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0d0lee
Hi, i think i'm watching too much animes... or rather, getting too affected by them??

For example, after watching cardacptor sakura i find myself talking in that too sweet voice of tomoyo before i could catch myself.....then after watching gravitation my friends ask me why i was so perky .....and recently after watching hunter x hunter i find myself licking my lips unconsciously (think must be affected by hisoka!!)
I know about how human beings mimic others but these are just too exaggerated right??!!...

Does this happens to anyone else?? I mean, how on earth do you get grounded in reality?? ... but i don think i'm going to stop watching...
I went through a month depresion after watching Lain

I couldn't do any work at school on the friday after Ep. 50 of naruto came out because i was too sad to do anything

I usualy write "naruto" on my english essays when a word that resembles it comes along (had to write a paper about narators once, and i got a 0 because my teacher told me i was not taking school seriously)

Atempt to do Kagebunshi no Jitsu every morning before i brush my teath (it has become a habit)

Had the dream of becoming a Go profesional for about 2 months after i watched Hikaru no Go

Tried taking up balet after Princess Tutu (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, failed soooo misribly)

Constently get ideas of ruling the world and making it more like the Naruto Vilages

Keep on bugging my Bio teacher about the posibility of geting a PHD by atempting to put electric eel cells in the palm of human hands (amano ginji anyone?)

Lots more where that came from, but i think you got the point, anyways, i don't think you should worry about anything, your are just fine, nothing a little ridilin won't fix.

Oh yes, and everybody, there is somthing that exists other than anime, it is called............................................ ................................... .................................................. ...............................DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION!
CardCaptorMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-20, 00:47   Link #39
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardCaptorMoody
Oh yes, and everybody, there is somthing that exists other than anime, it is called............................................ ................................... .................................................. ...............................DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION!
Ok.... i don't know about the other stuff but i can totally agree with you on this... DDR rocks!!!!!!

Too much anime? since when? I don't think its possible and its a great way to pass the time... am not too sure if believing in the ability to perform jutsus is that bad but I believe chakra exists....... just that no one in life now has the time to practice it day and night to be able to perform it.... i'm sure like the chinese series and films.. people used to be able to fly and prance through trees...

i'll admit that i have tried to do that when i was a bit younger... before I started working and getting surrounded by the real world.... (damn rat race!!!)
Asakura_Y0h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-20, 00:47   Link #40
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
deleted.... repeat message....

Last edited by Asakura_Y0h; 2004-01-20 at 02:58.
Asakura_Y0h is offline   Reply With Quote